2010 Three Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon, Dry Creek Valley, Sonoma County
2010 Mother Clone Zinfandel, Dry Creek Valley, Sonoma County
CT links above

Previous offer:
4/17/13

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

jerminate

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jerminate

moondigger

quality posts: 11 Private Messages moondigger

While this is typically used in a sarcastic way, I'm using it for its instructive value. No offense intended to anybody here:

How to find previous offers/discussions when wine woot search is broken

craigthom

quality posts: 63 Private Messages craigthom

Except "Invisible Touch" was not OK.

"Whip It" and "Uncontrollable Urge". "Stand" and "Radio Free Europe". I've got a million of them.

moondigger

quality posts: 11 Private Messages moondigger
jerminate wrote:Link to last woot:

http://wine.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5408259

I crossposted with you. I still think my link has value. Give a man a fish, teach a man to fish... yadda yadda.

mrn1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mrn1

I picked up this mixed case last time around, and talked a friend into doing the same thing. GREAT QRP on both, and with the solid tannin both are currently displaying they will be even better w/ a couple more years under their belt. We sampled these w/ a group and most in the group like both the Zin as well as the CS. Shocker to all was when we told them the per bottle price.
I would be all over this if I hadn't bought the '05 Woot Plus Syrah yesterday and storage wasn't WAY over capacity.

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom
moondigger wrote:While this is typically used in a sarcastic way, I'm using it for its instructive value. No offense intended to anybody here:

How to find previous offers/discussions when wine woot search is broken

Fine, but can it tell us whether Ed will show up here for this gala occasion (aka the wootoff)? Personally I think the answer lies elsewhere...

heidenseek87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages heidenseek87

I bought this last time it was offered here and have thoroughly enjoyed both the zin and cab (sorry no detailed tasting notes).

kdloeffler

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kdloeffler
mrn1 wrote:I picked up this mixed case last time around, and talked a friend into doing the same thing. GREAT QRP on both, and with the solid tannin both are currently displaying they will be even better w/ a couple more years under their belt. We sampled these w/ a group and most in the group like both the Zin as well as the CS. Shocker to all was when we told them the per bottle price.
I would be all over this if I hadn't bought the '05 Woot Plus Syrah yesterday and storage wasn't WAY over capacity.

Long been one of my favorite wineries. Bought 3 cases about a month ago when it was on regular Wine Woot. Zin is "nice" now, and should get much better. Cab is going to be awesome in another 2 years...if it lasts that long. I'd buy another 3 if it wasn't for the fact we just bought the ones earlier. I'm hoping for a White Oak offering!

samiratou

quality posts: 1 Private Messages samiratou

Aw, man, really can't afford $120 for wine right now. Any MN wooters wanna split a case?

Nevermind, Eric found a coworker to split. W00t!

enigmaos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages enigmaos

In for two! Woot!!

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fredrinaldi

The Cab from what I remember was very good, But its a mixed case, oh well plenty of time to buy something over the next 2 days.

mfelske

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mfelske

Good juice. I opened up a bottle of the Cab Sunday night and I was not disappointed. Awesome QPR.

jmattw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmattw

Amazing QPR. I've been working my way through the case I ordered during the previous offering. Ordered again. Wish I could afford 3!

bflohl

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bflohl

I think this may be the first time I've ever (knowingly) passed on a Pedroncelli. But I don't think I've even opened the case from last month, due to travel,etc.

If this hangs around too long, though, I might lose my resolve.

aprilbolin

quality posts: 2 Private Messages aprilbolin

Anyone in the RDU area want to split some wine during the Woot off?

theglassrat

quality posts: 2 Private Messages theglassrat

Agree with most others here - this has amazing QPR. If I didn't still have 9 bottles left, and 40 others to work through, I'd be clicking the big gold button.

One thing: definitely let the Zin breathe or run it through an aerator.

woopdedoo

quality posts: 36 Private Messages woopdedoo

Having "collected" Pedroncelli for 6 or so years now, I have had the pleasure of having bottles with some age on them. Fortunately, they are built for some age and really mellow into some great subtle fruit over years. I pulled several bottles from the 2010 last time they were offered, and squirreled the rest into the aging room (basement). While I enjoyed the 2010 I opened, it would benefit from some age, as the rest of my collection has. Ed's "Friends Red" was really the best right at release. I am happy that I can continue to enjoy Pedroncelli with some age on them. Buy now - drink later! Some rpm fellow suggested this - actually more like, drink your father's wine - buy for your children.

We will see how the kids make out on this deal ...

enigmaos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages enigmaos

Glad I ordered. Can't wait.

Farmdog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Farmdog

I opened a bottle of the Zin tonight and ran it through an aerator. It was terrible. I think I got a bad bottle. I've ordered several previous woot offerings from Pendrocelli and have always had good luck. This bottle was horrible. Really acidic. Almost burned. Hopefully the others are OK. Anyone else have a bad bottle of Zin?

lorf

quality posts: 4 Private Messages lorf
Farmdog wrote:I opened a bottle of the Zin tonight and ran it through an aerator. It was terrible. I think I got a bad bottle. I've ordered several previous woot offerings from Pendrocelli and have always had good luck. This bottle was horrible. Really acidic. Almost burned. Hopefully the others are OK. Anyone else have a bad bottle of Zin?

I have opened a bottle of the Zin. It could use some more time but overall I am very pleased and look forward to seeing how it evolves.