bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
redwinefan wrote:Plus, a good case could be made that Sherlock is better than The Hobbit movie & Star Trek Into Darkness.

well, looks like the Roku and my Amazon Prime are getting a workout this weekend.

Edit: By jove, I think it's Sparky!

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
chemvictim wrote:My husband pointed out that Sherlock stars both Bilbo and Khan. Now I have to watch.

Oh, that Sherlock.

I thought at first you meant this movie or it's sequel. Or that they were guests on the CBS series (Elementary).

Then I realized you meant some BBC series. So now there's something else I need to watch. Darn you!!

And properly, it would be Bilbo, and The Necromancer/Smaug/Khan.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

Would you buy this wine?

It's the first release from Jolie-Pitt & Perrin (yes Angie and Brad). 90 points in Wine Spectator.

Cause I'm thinking no way in h-e-double hockey sticks would I buy it. Ever. Now if someone else bought it ....

Edit: And I think I need more coffee. Or to go back to bed. I keep missing the brackets or text for my links! Stoopid Monkey!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Itwdswafo
mommadeb1 wrote:thanks, I was thinking that it was like my pampered chef ones.. can I put it right into the hot oven or do I need to preheat it first?

I've never understood why people get cooking/pizza stones. Why not go to the nearby rockyard/quarry? Probably a lot cheaper.

And, preheat it with the oven. A cold stone will do you no good!

Itwdswafo

MarkDaSpark wrote:
Then I realized you meant some BBC series. So now there's something else I need to watch. Darn you!!

How have you, of all people, not seen that series!? It's fantastic!

MarkDaSpark

Itwdswafo wrote:How have you, of all people, not seen that series!? It's fantastic!

I mostly stopped watching BBC America when they ruined Primeval. Although I did start watching Ripper Street.

I tried to watch Copper for a while, but I gave up on it.

klezman

quality posts: 126 Private Messages klezman
mommadeb1 wrote:thanks, I was thinking that it was like my pampered chef ones.. can I put it right into the hot oven or do I need to preheat it first?

Put it in the cold oven. Heat it slowly and give it plenty of time to equalize to temperature. You Soitenly! to shock its temp, since that will hasten it breaking. Ditto for cooling off - do not take it out of the oven, just take off the pizza or whatever. Turn off the oven and let it cool down slowly as the oven returns to room temp with the door closed.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

bhodilee

klezman wrote:Put it in the cold oven. Heat it slowly and give it plenty of time to equalize to temperature. You Soitenly! to shock its temp, since that will hasten it breaking. Ditto for cooling off - do not take it out of the oven, just take off the pizza or whatever. Turn off the oven and let it cool down slowly as the oven returns to room temp with the door closed.

Theres no reason to ever take it out it helps regulate the them in your oven,. Haven't taken mine out in the 8 years I've lived in this house. Its basically black at tihs point

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
Itwdswafo wrote:I've never understood why people get cooking/pizza stones. Why not go to the nearby rockyard/quarry? Probably a lot cheaper.

And, preheat it with the oven. A cold stone will do you no good!

and where in florida would I find a rock quarry?

mommadeb1

klezman wrote:Put it in the cold oven. Heat it slowly and give it plenty of time to equalize to temperature. You Soitenly! to shock its temp, since that will hasten it breaking. Ditto for cooling off - do not take it out of the oven, just take off the pizza or whatever. Turn off the oven and let it cool down slowly as the oven returns to room temp with the door closed.

thanks, with the pampered chef ones, I am pretty sure I haven't preheated it, when I have been baking cookies... I can't remember...

Itwdswafo

mommadeb1 wrote:and where in florida would I find a rock quarry?

LMGTFY

But even if not a rock quarry, Home Depot and other home furnishing stores carry nice stones that might still be considerably cheaper than one intentionally sold for cooking.

bhodilee

Itwdswafo wrote:LMGTFY

But even if not a rock quarry, Home Depot and other home furnishing stores carry nice stones that might still be considerably cheaper than one intentionally sold for cooking.

make sure it's not glazed, unless you like being sick

mommadeb1

Itwdswafo wrote:LMGTFY

thanks..I'll stick with my stones I have now...

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 18 Private Messages pseudogourmet98
mommadeb1 wrote:and where in florida would I find a rock quarry?

Miami Mine
The largest quarry in the United States is in Miami, Florida. It is owned by the Rinker Materials Corporation. The limestone quarry, which includes a cement plant, supplies building materials to engineers all over the world.

Probably not what you want to bake on, but it is here in Florida.

rjquillin

quality posts: 178 Private Messages rjquillin
mommadeb1 wrote:thanks..I'll stick with my stones I have now...

Yikes!! C-a-n-n'-t--q-u-i-t-e--r-e-f-r-a-i-n--f-r-o-m--c-o-m-m-e-n-t-i-n-g,... I say no more.

CT

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
MarkDaSpark wrote:I mostly stopped watching BBC America when they ruined Primeval. Although I did start watching Ripper Street.

I tried to watch Copper for a while, but I gave up on it.

Sherlock is really good. Very much worth watching.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

mommadeb1

pseudogourmet98 wrote:Miami Mine
The largest quarry in the United States is in Miami, Florida. It is owned by the Rinker Materials Corporation. The limestone quarry, which includes a cement plant, supplies building materials to engineers all over the world.

Probably not what you want to bake on, but it is here in Florida.

see I learned something new today!!

mommadeb1

rjquillin wrote:Yikes!! C-a-n-n'-t--q-u-i-t-e--r-e-f-r-a-i-n--f-r-o-m--c-o-m-m-e-n-t-i-n-g,... I say no more.

ok to early for me to come back with some witty reply about but I do get what I want...... (hoping I am replying correctly to my stones)

rjquillin

• House bagged, check, complete.
  • Existing roofing removed, refurbished, damage repaired and reinstalled in prep for solar PV, check, complete.
  • Solar PV installed, check, complete.
  • PV approved by county inspector, check, complete.
  • PV approved by local electric utility, check, complete.
  • Testing of PV array complete, check, awesome! (had to do this before the meter was replaced)
  • Failed 'smart meter' replaced by local electric utility, check, complete.
  • New dormer vents (10) received back from powder coat painting, ready for install, today.
  • Final roof details to complete, today.
  • receive approval from local utility to 'officially' energize the system, waiting...

(Almost) three day production graph below. 126kWh production; nearly twice our normal consumption. No more hesitation now to run the A/C and can get that well pump back in full production to reduce the water bill as well.

CT

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
MarkDaSpark wrote:Exactly!! Couldn't add anything to the SH order, since it's wine only that's supposed to go there. And if I have it go to the UPS box, then I need to take it down.

But at least it seems as if they are finally shipping the order in one box! Instead of two shipments for the same order.

Sometimes. I ordered something and they got sent in separate boxes (probably from different fullfillment centers). To make things even cooler, one item was expired, so now I have file a support claim. Cool stuff.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

MarkDaSpark

North316 wrote:Sometimes. I ordered something and they got sent in separate boxes (probably from different fullfillment centers). To make things even cooler, one item was expired, so now I have file a support claim. Cool stuff.

You should have read down further.

Expired as in not working at all, or past expiration date?

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
MarkDaSpark wrote:
Expired as in not working at all, or past expiration date?

It is somewhere in the same realm as the "Guess how many bottles of wine Sparky has on CT" contest.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk

Someone check out my cellar (link in siggy) and tell me what I should pull to go with Shepherds (Cottage) Pie for tonight's dinner.

moondigger

quality posts: 11 Private Messages moondigger
joelsisk wrote:Someone check out my cellar (link in siggy) and tell me what I should pull to go with Shepherds (Cottage) Pie for tonight's dinner.

I would try it with a Sangiovese.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
moondigger wrote:I would try it with a Sangiovese.

A bigger sangio might work, like a BdM. I think the 04 Madison Syrah would go really well, too.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

moondigger

kylemittskus wrote:A bigger sangio might work, like a BdM. I think the 04 Madison Syrah would go really well, too.

We might be picturing different things when it comes to Shepherd's Pie. A Brunello would overpower my mom's Shepherd's Pie, for example, which is more about the potatoes and veggies than the meat. I guess I'm limited in that respect -- I've only ever had Mom's, that I can recall.

MarkDaSpark

Everyone have a safe weekend!!

And don't forget that tomorrow (5/25) is Towel Day!!

joelsisk

MarkDaSpark wrote:

Everyone have a safe weekend!!

And don't forget that tomorrow (5/25) is Towel Day!!

that is such a wrong image. Why would Marvin use the word happy?

joelsisk

moondigger wrote:We might be picturing different things when it comes to Shepherd's Pie. A Brunello would overpower my mom's Shepherd's Pie, for example, which is more about the potatoes and veggies than the meat. I guess I'm limited in that respect -- I've only ever had Mom's, that I can recall.

This is more than half ground beef, with strong seasonings including smoked paprika (from costco, super smokey and really amazing!) and worcestershire sauce. that help?

moondigger

joelsisk wrote:This is more than half ground beef, with strong seasonings including smoked paprika (from costco, super smokey and really amazing!) and worcestershire sauce. that help?

Yep. Not like my mother's. Go with something bigger as Kyle suggested. I haven't had the Syrah he recommended. I might be tempted to go with a Bordeaux-style blend myself, knowing what's in my cellar.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 585 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

FYi: Google search is fixed.

They thought they fixed it. They didn't. Now they did.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

MarkDaSpark

joelsisk wrote:that is such a wrong image. Why would Marvin use the word happy?

He's not. He's just getting ready to comment about it. You know, "Incredible... it's even worse than I thought it would be." and "This will all end in tears.".

rjquillin

ThunderThighs wrote:FYi: Google search is fixed.

They thought they fixed it. They didn't. Now they did.

Yeah!

Too bad you can't clone yourself and take on support as well.

You're very good at getting things done.
You getting paid well enuf?

Thanks TT.

CT

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 18 Private Messages pseudogourmet98
joelsisk wrote:This is more than half ground beef, with strong seasonings including smoked paprika (from costco, super smokey and really amazing!) and worcestershire sauce. that help?

If you like smoked paprika you simply must try the smoked paprika from Penzey's. It is killer.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 585 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

rjquillin wrote:Yeah!

Too bad you can't clone yourself and take on support as well.

You're very good at getting things done.
You getting paid well enuf?

Thanks TT.

Figuring out the right people to talk to finally. Hehe.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
kylemittskus wrote:Absolutely no apology necessary. Her research sounds incredibly interesting. Hopefully someone will pick it up and continue it.

Actually, the University is planning to create a bursorship (scholarship) in her name to continue the research. That way it not only will get completed, but will be associated in her name as the original creator of the idea.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

mommadeb1

polarbear22 wrote:Actually, the University is planning to create a bursorship (scholarship) in her name to continue the research. That way it not only will get completed, but will be associated in her name as the original creator of the idea.

What a nice way to honor your daughter!

MarkDaSpark

Besides Towel Day, today is also ...

Just bring a towel!!

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:Besides Towel Day, today is also ...

Just bring a towel!!

How sad is it that when I heard it was towel day, all I could think of is the character "towlie" from South Park

MarkDaSpark

mommadeb1 wrote:How sad is it that when I heard it was towel day, all I could think of is the character "towlie" from South Park

You haven't been hanging around here long enough then!

You must go to more WW gatherings!