Muscardini Cellars Mixed Red 2-Pack
$59.99 $̶9̶5̶.̶0̶0̶ 37% off List Price
2008 Fortuna, Sonoma Valley, Sonoma County
2011 Sangiovese, Cypress Ranch

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

nealkb

quality posts: 13 Private Messages nealkb
Cesare wrote:Muscardini Cellars Mixed Red 2-Pack
$59.99 $̶9̶5̶.̶0̶0̶ 37% off List Price
2008 Fortuna, BWise Vineyards, Sonoma Valley, Sonoma County
2011 Sangiovese, Cypress Ranch, Pope Valley, Napa County

From what I remember the sangio is a very complex wine but amazingly good. Many different layers of flavor. Good wine here!

Neal K Bharadwaj

bsevern

quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern

Interesting....I've had some great reds from Pope Valley.

bolligra

quality posts: 33 Private Messages bolligra

I think there's an extra Syrah in the blend stats for the Fortuna.

As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 618 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

bolligra wrote:I think there's an extra Syrah in the blend stats for the Fortuna.

Yeah, I pointed that out the other day. I'll send another email on it. They might have been waiting to hear back from the winery on the correct numbers.

UPDATE: Got the info. Blend is fixed.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 188 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

MarkDaSpark wrote:List of previous WW gatherings by area. New list in the Gatherings tab and Old list in the Community tab. Great reading and great examples of how to set up a Get-Together Thread.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings…All The News for the week of May 19

Temps are warming up! It's almost time to break out those summery whites!!! Attend or Host a Get-Together in your area!

May
5/24: Mid-May Somewhere Between Western NY and Cleveland

June
6/1: NorCal #17: Classified Bordeaux Tasting
6/1: NoVA/DC #29: Second Annual Picnic By The Pool
6/15: NorCal #18: WineSmith BBQ in Santa Rosa
6/15: DFW #?: Sakhuu Thai Please RSVP by June 7.
6/15: SoCal #26: Wine and Burgers

July
TBD: SoCal #27: Sparky & zTimBz Wine Locker Redux (Sukieasa in town)

August
8/24: The Wootception!!!

Pending
TBD: SeaTac & Western Washington Interest Thread.
TBD: NYC Tasting #??: A Tribute (interest thread)
TBD: Dallas #11

No events in your area??? Start one! Create an interest thread in the GATHERINGS Community Tab.

So join or create a WW Gathering!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

mstern20878

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mstern20878

This is what I wait for at Woot. Not cheap wine, good wine sold cheaply.

rmm989

quality posts: 26 Private Messages rmm989

Was hoping one of these would be the Tesoro...sitting on the fence now

CT

dianefreda

quality posts: 9 Private Messages dianefreda
mstern20878 wrote:This is what I wait for at Woot. Not cheap wine, good wine sold cheaply.

These are lovely wines-would be in except us Virginians are out of luck. I hate the new law.

jhkey

quality posts: 52 Private Messages jhkey

I have heard good things about this winery from someone here, but I can't recall who it was. They were on our list to visit on our last trip to California but the tasting room was closed.

"I double the doctor's recommendation of a glass and a half of wine a day and even treble it with a friend."
- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

winegirl

quality posts: 21 Private Messages winegirl

Hello from Sonoma Valley!

We are pleased to be on wine.woot with this wonderful wine combo. The 2011 Sangiovese is actually in a pre-release stage. I really love this Sangiovese. It is a bright, food-friendly wine. And on a day like today (90+ degrees), it is light enough to enjoy. Coming from Pope Valley where the vines must work hard, this juice really has a lot going on. And it will only get softer as it matures.

Currently, Michael is in Paris. Therefore, I get to do all the talking.

winegirl

The Fortuna is an old favorite and returning to wine.woot. A real bold fruity wine with some smokiness to it. I just gave it a swirl and WOW! Completely different from the Sangio. It has really opened up and come into its own. What a great combo of red wine.

winegirl

jhkey wrote:I have heard good things about this winery from someone here, but I can't recall who it was. They were on our list to visit on our last trip to California but the tasting room was closed.

That's funny, we are open daily. Could it have been a major holiday? Thanks for trying to stop by. We moved into our brand new tasting room on Jan. 1. Will try to post some pics

winegirl

rmm989 wrote:Was hoping one of these would be the Tesoro...sitting on the fence now

Good to know. I will try to push for the Tesoro next time. We are almost out of our 09 Tesoro and just getting ready to release our 2010.

winegirl

dianefreda wrote:These are lovely wines-would be in except us Virginians are out of luck. I hate the new law.

Not sure why Virginia isn't listed. We have a license to ship there. Hmmm...Winegods?

winegirl

winegirl wrote:
Currently, Michael is in Paris. Therefore, I get to do all the talking.

As if I needed an excuse to do all the talking - since when? right?

kylemittskus

quality posts: 234 Private Messages kylemittskus
winegirl wrote:Not sure why Virginia isn't listed. We have a license to ship there. Hmmm...Winegods?

I was wondering if you were going to show up.

VA passed some insane law that is both BS and ludicrous. Basically, it prevents people from buying wine in VA via something like what we have here.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

Winedavid39

quality posts: 214 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

winegirl wrote:Not sure why Virginia isn't listed. We have a license to ship there. Hmmm...Winegods?

it's a long story. but it's out. Sorry.

[MOD EDIT: Long story here...]

klezman

quality posts: 131 Private Messages klezman

You could have the Virgnians email you to set it up outside of the woot-o-sphere. That would get around the new law.

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

winegirl

kylemittskus wrote:I was wondering if you were going to show up.

VA passed some insane law that is both BS and ludicrous. Basically, it prevents people from buying wine in VA via something like what we have here.

Bummer. I'll have to check that out. We ship a lot of wine to VA.

Double bummer that we are only on for one day. It just doesn't give me enough time to catch up and chat it up.

winegirl

Winedavid39 wrote:it's a long story. but it's out. Sorry.

[MOD EDIT: Long story here...]

Hey WD. How is it that you're a guest at your own party?? Thanks for having us on!

barkingkitty

quality posts: 1 Private Messages barkingkitty

A little off topic here, but this week before Memorial Day we're hitting 90 degrees here in TN. I have enough reds for a while; let's see a few more amazing offerings on some summer whites, Woot!

“ I always thought insanity would be a dark, bitter feeling, but it is drenching and delicious if you really roll around in it. “ ~ Kathryn Stockett