trifecta

quality posts: 74 Private Messages trifecta
andreaserben wrote:I asked what they (WD's team) might have some left of - the Rose is a goner. (Not sure if Mr McClean might have a private stash he is willing to get rid of.)

No private stash. Woot got it all. I just meant another winery with some aged Rose stashed.

andreaserben

quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben
trifecta wrote:No private stash. Woot got it all. I just meant another winery with some aged Rose stashed.

Would surprise me if a winemaker retiring would really get rid of every last drop of wine. My guess is that they still would have some - initially not intended for sale. (But we are talking about small amounts then.)

neilfindswine

quality posts: 173 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

losthighwayz wrote:I got 11 205 and one 07. Not happy at all

Sorry you're not happy. There were less bottles of 06 and more of the 05 and 07; thus the 'random pack'. All 3 are drinking nicely and sadly, there is no more of it- McClean sent it all. PM me to discuss, don't want you to be unhappy.....

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

greeneggsandham

quality posts: 2 Private Messages greeneggsandham

Just mine and I did get a 2006.

trifecta

If anyone in the bay area is unhappy with their split on the Rose's I would be happy to take bottles off your hands....

under $10 per bottle on aged Rose is a screaming deal.

I guess that is why they named it a random pack and not a mixed pack:

This is a random pack. You will receive some combination of 6 bottles on the following three vintages.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 232 Private Messages kylemittskus
HitAnyKey42 wrote:I know mine is just the word of a customer, but I have bought over 645 bottles of wine from Woot (shipped to NY) since June 2007 and have never had a single cooked bottle.
I've had a "bad" bottle or two due to cork taint or some other issue, but never one cooked during shipping.

And I'm in So Cal and I've had at least 3 shipments with cooked bottles. Perhaps you east coasters should be less concerned than us, ironically.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

jmdavidson

quality posts: 58 Private Messages jmdavidson
bolligra wrote:Received my shipment of rosé today: 5 '05s and one '07. Not really my idea of a mixed set, but oh well, I'll survive. 😛

I got the same distribution. Disappointed that there was not at least ONE of each. The offer reads: This is a random pack. You will receive some combination of 6 bottles on the following three vintages. Does not seem too random if there are 5 of one type in the random!

rjquillin

quality posts: 183 Private Messages rjquillin

Wonky mix for me too; mostly '07's. Will trade for '06's or '05's.

CT

bolligra

quality posts: 33 Private Messages bolligra
cortot20 wrote:If it makes you feel better, some of us didn't get the rosé at all.

So they sold more than they had? Were you the last sucker or something, and they just ran out? Strange.

As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

cortot20

quality posts: 158 Private Messages cortot20
bolligra wrote:So they sold more than they had? Were you the last sucker or something, and they just ran out? Strange.

Not sure what happened but my guess is that when the wine arrived at WW headquarters from the winery it was slightly less than promised. So I got the call and a swap was made. I didn't get what I ordered but I got a better deal on something else so I'm happy.

CT

andreaserben

cortot20 wrote:Not sure what happened but my guess is that when the wine arrived at WW headquarters from the winery it was slightly less than promised. So I got the call and a swap was made. I didn't get what I ordered but I got a better deal on something else so I'm happy.

I would have been, too... did not get 'the call'.

dsapp

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dsapp

Received my shipment today. Got 3 '05s, 1 '06, and 2 '07s.

cortot20

quality posts: 158 Private Messages cortot20
andreaserben wrote:I would have been, too... did not get 'the call'.

If it helps they had my cell phone number readily available.

CT

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
dsapp wrote:Received my shipment today. Got 3 '05s, 1 '06, and 2 '07s.

I got the exact same count in my shipment that I picked up last night from FedEx.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

joed10303

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joed10303

i recieved my six pack of the 05 syrah and 3 of the bottles have double labels on them front and back . unless there was an awful lot of double labeled bottles how do you send 3 in one order.

andreaserben

cortot20 wrote:If it helps they had my cell phone number readily available.

enjoy - not complaining - I gave them a decent amount towards their retirement I hope by maxing out everything and having an imaginary friend ordering also.

trifecta

joed10303 wrote:i recieved my six pack of the 05 syrah and 3 of the bottles have double labels on them front and back . unless there was an awful lot of double labeled bottles how do you send 3 in one order.

If they are unloading straight from cases into shipping boxes, it would actually be quite likely. More likely than them being spread out. The double label problem was probably due to some bottling line issue.

jmdavidson

quality posts: 58 Private Messages jmdavidson

I think most of us were hoping for a "random" distribution of a "combination" of the wines like you got.

rlmanzo

quality posts: 23 Private Messages rlmanzo

Got mine yesterday.

2 2005s, 1 2006 and 3 2007s.

Opened a 2005 after a quick chill.... Completely oxidized. Like cheap cooking wine.(bummer..)

Opened another to make sure it wasn't just bad wine and...... Totally different. Muted nose but light and appealingly fruity on the palate actually Pinot like... Very nice.

Should I contact Woot about the spoiled bottle? It was over 90 during transit to CT.

Is it broke or just fractured?

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
rlmanzo wrote:Should I contact Woot about the spoiled bottle? It was over 90 during transit to CT.

I would. They wouldn't be able to replace it, but I'm sure they can do something for you. They're pretty good about that.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

napellicci

quality posts: 0 Private Messages napellicci

Opened my box yesterday and got 9 of the '05, 1 of the '06 and 2 of the '07. Hope I really like that '05 lol, more worried about the 90 degree temps we had in NYS...

guyhagen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages guyhagen
losthighwayz wrote:I got 11 205 and one 07. Not happy at all

I didn't fare much better....10 '05 and 2"07. I'm a bit beaked as well, but since it was a 'random' pack, I'm not surprised they had much more of one particular year than the others. However, I'm enjoying the last bit of one of my many '05s right now, and I can't say I regret the purchase.

InFrom

quality posts: 33 Private Messages InFrom

Likewise.

tdedek

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdedek
napellicci wrote:Opened my box yesterday and got 9 of the '05, 1 of the '06 and 2 of the '07. Hope I really like that '05 lol, more worried about the 90 degree temps we had in NYS...

Got the same case mix.

Needs about an hour to blow off and open up, but the 05 is nice, my wife especially likes it so no complaints here. If you PnP this and don't enjoy it, I suggest letting it sit open for an hour and come back to it before writing it off.

Had the 07 on Sunday as well - little hot even after some air for me, even on day 2. Didn't detract us from finishing it off but have preferred the 05 so far.

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 19 Private Messages pseudogourmet98

Just back in town to open my shipment. 4 of the '05 and 1 each of '06 and '07. Do I need to drink all the '05 this summer?

dalematthew

quality posts: 24 Private Messages dalematthew

Opened mine - been away for a while - 5 2007 and 1 2005. None too pleased.

I did get a call and called back the next day - but didn't hear back. This shipped into the mini heat wave - fingers crossed.

roycewoots

quality posts: 1 Private Messages roycewoots

Am I the only one who hasn't gotten the shipment yet? I'm in California and it's been 40+ days since ordering... I've contacted customer service but just wondering if there might be a reason for the delay?

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
roycewoots wrote:Am I the only one who hasn't gotten the shipment yet? I'm in California and it's been 40+ days since ordering... I've contacted customer service but just wondering if there might be a reason for the delay?

It should certainly be there now. Mine arrived weeks ago. Follow up with customer service. Check your order history and see if you have a tracking #

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

Winedavid39

quality posts: 211 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

roycewoots wrote:Am I the only one who hasn't gotten the shipment yet? I'm in California and it's been 40+ days since ordering... I've contacted customer service but just wondering if there might be a reason for the delay?

yea, something is up. please check with support@woot.

thanks,

bobiii84

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bobiii84

I'm am no expert, nor do I usually comment on any of the wines I drink, but this deserves something. This is quite possibly the best wine I've ever tasted. I only have one bottle of this "05" left and I plan to keep it for a special occasion. Additionally it is now $38+ a bottle, keep in mind there is a reason for this. It is amazing!