cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

Is anyone willing or able to give us information on the split of the rose? Are we guaranteed at least 1 bottle of each? Are there very few or very many of one year available?

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

losthighwayz

quality posts: 63 Private Messages losthighwayz
klezman wrote:Don't know why there's a predisposition against "old" rosé. I've had magnificent 10 year old versions and I have a bottle of Iron Horse PN Rosé that's on the order of 2001 sitting waiting to drink. I expect it to be excellent.

However, I was not a fan of the McClean samples when I tried them, so somebody should convince me on the rosé. Or I could take a bottle or two from somebody looking to split.

PM for you

"The older I get the better I was"

mrn1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mrn1

Many times I gauge Wine.Woot offerings initially by the number of comments....and this Woot Plus is setting new standards. So far I have hit the button on the '05 Syrah, but am on the fence w/ the Rose and the '07.

Any idea about the drinking window w/ the '05...or the '07?

yorknh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yorknh

Sonofa...
Added the Rose and the 05 Reserve to the cart and went to checkout and only then noticed NH isn't on the list.

rjquillin

quality posts: 189 Private Messages rjquillin
mrn1 wrote:Many times I gauge Wine.Woot offerings initially by the number of comments....and this Woot Plus is setting new standards.

This plus offer is rather reminding me of what woot was like a few years ago, and is quite refreshing, but lacking some names from the past.

CT

rlmanzo

quality posts: 24 Private Messages rlmanzo
rjquillin wrote:This plus offer is rather reminding me of what woot was like a few years ago, and is quite refreshing, but lacking some names from the past.

Anyone seen or heard from Nightghost?

I miss that guy....

Is it broke or just fractured?

chipgreen

quality posts: 207 Private Messages chipgreen
rjquillin wrote:This plus offer is rather reminding me of what woot was like a few years ago, and is quite refreshing, but lacking some names from the past.

I remember wondering what happened to a bunch of old-timers until I finally figured out what the "world of woot wine" tab was all about. It would be nice if some of them showed up in the main product threads once in awhile.

cortot20

quality posts: 163 Private Messages cortot20
rlmanzo wrote:Anyone seen or heard from Nightghost?

I miss that guy....

He popped in randomly on a thread about a year ago.

CT

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
rlmanzo wrote:Anyone seen or heard from Nightghost?

I miss that guy....

He went to jail for tax evasion where he was recruited by the CIA to be an undercover operative in the Champagne Region of France. That's the last anyone has heard of him.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

rjquillin

bhodilee wrote:He went to jail for tax evasion where he was recruited by the CIA to be an undercover operative in the Champagne Region of France. That's the last anyone has heard of him.

Ahhh, lunch with bowtie, but not in Champagne.

CT

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
rjquillin wrote:Ahhh, lunch with bowtie, but not in Champagne.

his official codename is Magnum P.U.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

trifecta

quality posts: 74 Private Messages trifecta

Congrats on the Rose sellout!

nathanbsmith

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nathanbsmith

i'm surprised the 05 and the 07 haven't sold out...

LAST PURCHASE: Creminelli Italian Salami

2014: 1 (Thanks to stick-in-the-mud buzzkilling state legislators)

2013: 183 bottles and counting
2012: 74 bottles
2011: 38 bottles

My CT

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
trifecta wrote:Congrats on the Rose sellout!

Well shoot, guess I saved money there. That's what I get for waiting for something else to combine shipping with.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

moondigger

quality posts: 11 Private Messages moondigger
nathanbsmith wrote:i'm surprised the 05 and the 07 haven't sold out...

So am I. They're better at $12-$13/bottle than many Syrahs I've tried at $20-$25.

Of course, I'd also guess there would be less Rosé to sell in the first place. (I'm thinking they would make more of the 'regular' Syrah than they would of the Rosé.) Also, the Rosé is less expensive than the regular Syrah.

So maybe it makes sense after all. (Specifically, that the Rosé would sell out before the Syrah. I still think the Syrahs should sell out.)

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
moondigger wrote:So am I. They're better at $12-$13/bottle than many Syrahs I've tried at $20-$25.

Of course, I'd also guess there would be less Rosé to sell in the first place. (I'm thinking they would make more of the 'regular' Syrah than they would of the Rosé.) Also, the Rosé is less expensive than the regular Syrah.

So maybe it makes sense after all. (Specifically, that the Rosé would sell out before the Syrah. I still think the Syrahs should sell out.)

I hope they don't sell out! I want more of them but don't have space or cash right now for them. I picked up one set of each besides the vigionier this time to go with the 24 bottles or so I purchased in the past. Too bad there isn't any 2003 left.

I wonder what happened to 2004 , 2006, and vintages from before 2003...

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

klezman

quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman

Looks like I've got a couple bottles of rose coming from losthighwayz! Excellent! Curious how the vintages all work out.

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

moondigger

quality posts: 11 Private Messages moondigger
cmaldoon wrote:I hope they don't sell out! I want more of them but don't have space or cash right now for them.

I agree with you -- my comment about them selling out is just what I expect, not what I'm hoping for.

My temperature-controlled storage is completely full, and I already have more than a case of wine sitting on the (cool-for-now) basement floor. However the basement itself is not temperature-controlled, and when we get a string of hot days it will get too warm for comfort.

Nonetheless I still ordered a case and a half of these Syrahs, of which I will be left with most of a case after family and friends take their bottles. And yet I still have that nagging feeling that I should order another half case.

nathanbsmith

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nathanbsmith
cmaldoon wrote:I hope they don't sell out! I want more of them but don't have space or cash right now for them. I picked up one set of each besides the vigionier this time to go with the 24 bottles or so I purchased in the past. Too bad there isn't any 2003 left.

The 2003 Syrah was AWESOME!!!! I wish I had more.

LAST PURCHASE: Creminelli Italian Salami

2014: 1 (Thanks to stick-in-the-mud buzzkilling state legislators)

2013: 183 bottles and counting
2012: 74 bottles
2011: 38 bottles

My CT

andreaserben

quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben

This has been my largest wine order yet and I just said "no, I will not buy wine for now". Considering that Mr McClean donates parts of the proceeds to support homecoming veterans (or at least that is what the website said - it does not mention retirement yet though). So - I reason that I am actually paying even less for the wine and donating those 10% making this an even better QPR.

Maybe he will decide to be a consultant winemaker here or there and bring us one of his style wines as special releases in the future ... just hoping

To help these returning veterans he has decided to donate 10% of all proceeds from wine purchases to help the rehabilitation of our returning soldiers through the Armed Forces Foundation. Therefore, when you purchase McClean Vineyards' wines, not only will you be doing your customers a great favor but also you are helping our returning heroes.

andreaserben

cmaldoon wrote:

You can buy the 2004 at his shop
http://shop.mccleanvineyards.com/Syrah_c3.htm
About the 2006, the info is hidden when you read up about their Viognier
http://shop.mccleanvineyards.com/2011-Viognier-11V.htm

When Michael McClean made the decision to blend Viognier with the 2006 vintage Syrah, it was in an effort to make the best product possible. While single varietal Syrah has been our trademark for quite some time, it was discovered that the 2006 Syrah juice needed... something. Following the blending techniques of vintners in Côte-Rôtie and Australia, Michael decided that Viognier could act as the perfect complement to his Syrah. While it turned out that the blending of Viognier contributed significantly in the production of our 2006 Royale, Michael also had the idea that it may work on its own... and he was right.

That said - I wish they had some of the affordable Royale here

guyhagen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages guyhagen
andreaserben wrote:That said - I wish they had some of the affordable Royale here

The Royale offered last Nov was my first Wine Woot. I was a bit leery of buying wine online, especially a whole case of it, but something about it made me buy it. Glad I did, and that turned out to be the first of many Wine Woots. I really enjoyed the Royale, and I'm REALLY regretting not picking up the 2005 Syrah when I nabbed a case of the Rose' before it sold out...

If they happen to offer the Royale again, I will have to buy it.

lamcjunk

quality posts: 8 Private Messages lamcjunk
kellymcclean wrote:Check with Woot & Neil. They have all the wine and will ship.

Thanks - I've sent woot an email, but no response.

Woot? can you help? We'd like to know approx what date this will ship. thx.

andreaserben

lamcjunk wrote:Thanks - I've sent woot an email, but no response.

Lately I have seen the shipping date being the Monday after the sale ended. With this being Memorial Day weekend, I would add 1 or 2 days possibly and expect it to ship Tuesday or Wednesday.

Winedavid39

quality posts: 214 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

lamcjunk wrote:Thanks - I've sent woot an email, but no response.

Depends on where you live. We are timing our shipments right now to ensure constant movement. So for instance, east coast will leave on a Wednedsay. If you are Texas it will leave likely on Monday.

I've been meaning to ask, on any delivery questions, to include the state you will be receiving the product. that will help accelerate my answer.

thanks,

kellymcclean

quality posts: 8 Private Messages kellymcclean
cmaldoon wrote:I hope they don't sell out! I want more of them but don't have space or cash right now for them. I picked up one set of each besides the vigionier this time to go with the 24 bottles or so I purchased in the past. Too bad there isn't any 2003 left.

oh man those were some amazing years!! Im trying to hold on to as much of the 2004 I can get my hands on haha

kellymcclean

mrn1 wrote:Many times I gauge Wine.Woot offerings initially by the number of comments....and this Woot Plus is setting new standards. So far I have hit the button on the '05 Syrah, but am on the fence w/ the Rose and the '07.

Any idea about the drinking window w/ the '05...or the '07?

The 2005 is unbelievable! Great to drink now or keep for awhile. The 2007 was recently bottled about a year ago or so, so its fairly new to the shelves. Both keep great and both drink beautifully.

kellymcclean

guyhagen wrote:The Royale offered last Nov was my first Wine Woot. I was a bit leery of buying wine online, especially a whole case of it, but something about it made me buy it. Glad I did, and that turned out to be the first of many Wine Woots. I really enjoyed the Royale, and I'm REALLY regretting not picking up the 2005 Syrah when I nabbed a case of the Rose' before it sold out...

If they happen to offer the Royale again, I will have to buy it.

Glad you enjoyed!!

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus

If anyone in So Cal has extras, I'd love a bottle of the 05 and a bottle of the 07 syrah.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

losthighwayz

kylemittskus wrote:If anyone in So Cal has extras, I'd love a bottle of the 05 and a bottle of the 07 syrah.

I went in on the 07. If I get the 05 are you willing to take two of each off my hands? hard to justify to my better half too many cases arriving at once!

andreaserben

kellymcclean wrote:Glad you enjoyed!!

so, is there a stash of the Royale waiting to be offered - yes or no?

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus
losthighwayz wrote:I went in on the 07. If I get the 05 are you willing to take two of each off my hands? hard to justify to my better half too many cases arriving at once!

Too much for me. Thanks, though.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

zulukingcrowned

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zulukingcrowned

In for an '05 Syrah. Anyone in NC I'm always open to splitting orders or trading wine.

billyum

quality posts: 0 Private Messages billyum

Love the 05.
In for 3 after saying I wouldn't be wine wooting anymore with the new tax additions.
$12.5/bottle total on this is Wonderful.
I May have attempted to add more than 3 to cart, had to try...

neilfindswine

quality posts: 173 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

andreaserben wrote:so, is there a stash of the Royale waiting to be offered - yes or no?

my sources tell me it's all gone....

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

aprilbolin

quality posts: 2 Private Messages aprilbolin
zulukingcrowned wrote:In for an '05 Syrah. Anyone in NC I'm always open to splitting orders or trading wine.

Check your PM.

andreaserben

For those still holding out a reminder:

Winedavid39 wrote:The 05 Estate Syrah was one of the best wines i've had all year.

WD does not make such statements very often.

rjquillin

andreaserben wrote:For those still holding out a reminder:

Winedavid39 wrote:The 05 Estate Syrah was one of the best wines i've had all year.

WD does not make such statements very often.

I am unable to find this quote, but I can report the 2005 Rose i still drinking quite well. Very happy I filled up when I could. Do I want more of the '05? Could help out Kyle if I did..

moondigger wrote:The name reference ("Winedavid39 wrote:") is a hyperlink. If you click it you will be taken directly to the referenced post. In this particular case, you will be taken to a previous discussion in which he made that statement.

[edit] duh, a link. should'a caught that.

CT

losthighwayz

rjquillin wrote:I am unable to find this quote, but I can report the 2005 Rose i still drinking quite well. Very happy I filled up when I could. Do I want more of the '05? Could help out Kyle if I did..

I'll take three off your hands if you go in...

rjquillin

losthighwayz wrote:I'll take three off your hands if you go in...

lemmese if something else of interest appears, then you're on!

CT