rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
kellymcclean wrote:But we still have 2,200 gallons of 2010 in the barrels that we are selling in 1 lot (hopefully) for $14/gallon. Any takers? haha

Given this group, you may just have some visitors with jugs in hand showing up.

[edit] A candle for PB's daughter!

CT

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
kellymcclean wrote:Well, we had no water in 2009 so no harvest that year. Aww farming.

2011 barrels have been completely sold!

But we still have 2,200 gallons of 2010 in the barrels that we are selling in 1 lot (hopefully) for $14/gallon. Any takers? haha

Sounds like a woot cellars offering to me. Maybe we can get Scott or Peter to make the wine?

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

kellymcclean

quality posts: 8 Private Messages kellymcclean
rjquillin wrote:Given this group, you may just have some visitors with jugs in hand showing up.

[edit] A candle for PB's daughter!

haha perhaps a little shindig to go with it. Wine mug a must to bring!

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

kellymcclean wrote:Well, we had no water in 2009 so no harvest that year. Aww farming.

But we still have 2,200 gallons of 2010 in the barrels that we are selling in 1 lot (hopefully) for $14/gallon. Any takers? haha

Neil, WD? How much do your woot wines typically cost per gallon before bottling and shipping? This is only three dollars per bottle.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

I'll post more notes later when I dig into this a bit deeper (SWMBO is chomping at the bits for something from the local ice cream shop).

Poured a class of the 2005 Syrah Rose. It was moved to the fridge (from the wine cooler) about thirty minutes before opening.

Slight strawberry and watermelon on the nose, but still fairly muted. Initial taste of strawberry, light cherries, a touch of watermelon. Still a good bit of fruit here for seven year old rose. But wow, the first thing I notice is the finish. This wine lingers and lingers, seemingly forever. Very slight hints of pepper and baking spic are also present. The wife says she gets a sweetness from the wine, but I get no such sweetness. I think she is perceiving the fruit as a sweetness, because this is definitely dry.

As it warms a little in the glass and gets some more air, the fruit fades a bit and great complex notes of spice and slightly darker fruits come forward with some nice zippy acidity....and of course the finish still lingers. I am really liking this right now. Will check back in later with any further impressions.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

losthighwayz

quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz

In the spirit of sharing I just PNPd a 2007 McLean Syrah from previous purchase...first thing I noticed was wine bubbling from tip of the cork when I unwrapped the foil...first thought was heat damage but on initial taste the wine is smooth and tasty...I examined the cork and it has a line from top to bottom where the wine sipped....is it possible to have defective corks like this one? Is it more normal than I have experienced?

"The older I get the better I was"

losthighwayz

Twice as many comments than on the featured offer....not sure I've seen this before. These will sell out but the question is when. I'm sold on the Roses based on comments now must decide whether to go in for one or two. The 2007 Reserve Syrah I'm having is smooth as silk and tasty...I hate you Woot and my wife hates you even more! I know I will regret not going in for two of each....decisions.....

true559

quality posts: 23 Private Messages true559

The 05 and 07 Syrahs are two of the best wines at any price that I've purchased on Woot. Having said that, if I can get the 05 for the same price as the 07 this is a no brainer. I'm all over the 05.

rjquillin

kellymcclean wrote: perhaps a little shindig to go with it. Wine mug a must to bring!

Kelly, please click on the little envelope next to your avatar.

CT

rjquillin

cmaldoon wrote:Neil, WD? How much do your woot wines typically cost per gallon before bottling and shipping? This is only three dollars per bottle.

I'd buy into futures on this one.

CT

cortot20

quality posts: 142 Private Messages cortot20
losthighwayz wrote:In the spirit of sharing I just PNPd a 2007 McLean Syrah from previous purchase...first thing I noticed was wine bubbling from tip of the cork when I unwrapped the foil...first thought was heat damage but on initial taste the wine is smooth and tasty...I examined the cork and it has a line from top to bottom where the wine sipped....is it possible to have defective corks like this one? Is it more normal than I have experienced?

My friend and i split the mixed vintage syrahs from last year he had a leaky cork on the 07' as well but said the wine was fine.

CT

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

18 more bottles on the way. Gee thanks Neil!

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

jamesozzello

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jamesozzello

Anybody for a split?

rjquillin

[spoiler] this is for the 2006 McClean Syrah Rosé, but I ramble.

Thursday FedEx email: Hey buddy,
We have a total of 4 boxes for you as of now. May be more when the rest of our holds show up today. Looking forward to seeing you. Zach

I think, what boxes? I've been dealing with the leftovers of the house tenting. and now the re-roofing from the shoddy work done at original construction that's required replacement of facia, rafters and sheeting, and has left interior drywall in need of attention as well. And the solar installers, they'll be back Friday, today.
It's been busy, I've not been thinking about FedEx, at all.
Thanks Zach, I'll see someone on the way home.
Yup, four boxes, but what is this single?
I'm not expecting any singles.
Anxiously looks at shipping date, oh [deleted], this has been here awhile, this might not turn out well at all...
Opening box while still at FedEx; I didn't order this…
I don't recognize this as anything I could have purchased, perhaps this may not turn out bad after all. A Syrah. A McClean Syrah. I've already got two cases of these, why this? Wait, this isn't the 2007 Syrah, it's a 2006, and it's not the Royal. A what!? it's a Rosé. A Syrah Rosé. From 2006!? You kidding me? Trying to unload a 7-year old Rosé? And it's dark. Is this really a rosé? I've not seen this before, perhaps all is not bad an this may actually turn out well.

I admonished the FedEx staff for their lack of a usually timely alert and departed.
This time I didn't share with the slackers, they gotta tell me when something arrives in a timely manner, but I'll not hold a grudge.

Home, and into the fridge. Is there anything I can learn while it descends to an appropriate temperer for consumption? It's really dark; how chilled… It's old. This is some entirely unknown territory. No joy on the McClean site, CT lacking anything, a few comments elsewhere; I'm on my own with this one.

Chilled, a bit, time to taste. With my trusty double hinged utensil, a woot purchase from last year that has been flawless, the capsule is cut and removed and the screw penetrates the cork. Pull; nothing. I'm old and weak, but Where's Ted Healy?. Moving off counter top to increase leverage; pull. It's not moving, but some cork did begin to pull out. Humm, The Brabantia I picked up in France in 2000, it's been reliable as well. Nothing! Is this glued into the neck? Lost my Ah-so years ago, but I've got this cheap Bar-TECH wannabe from China that's still a two pronged thing. First try, nothing. Remove and rotate 90°, it turned, a bit. Wiggle, turn, pull; success. This was, without doubt, the most difficult extraction, sans anesthesia, I can recall. Older corks, they just crumble, this one didn't want to yield the inner goods.

Pour, garnet, with a slight bit of browning I may expect from age. Light really light, for a Syrah. Only a bit light for a Pinot. This is a rosé? Intensely dark and saturated. And the wine end of the cork? Did this come from a bottle of PS? It's nearly black, only a mm or so deep, but still, dark, very dark.

Restrained nose; Fruit, strawberry? I'll have to come back to this.
First sip; salty!? What have I been eating? don't recall. Second sip, it 's gone.
Thoughts; very interesting. Need to revisit tomorrow, tonight I'm defective.

Friday:
Now chilled, a bit too much, nose still restrained, will allow to warm up.
Supper is some Costco chicken, broccoli with balsamic, cubed broiled herb potatoes, spinach salad with feta, and what's left of some Average Joe rosemary bread.

Great paring.
Nose still of strawberry and some spice, no alcohol to speak of, only 13.5% AbV on the label.
Good clean entry, fruit, tart, in a good way. Cherry I think, some cassis, perhaps melon? This just tastes, well, not like a rosé. This is really nice. Lingering finish, hint of wood. SWMBO likes it too, not sure I understand that, given this tastes totally dry and she likes some RS, but she'd never call it that.

Looks at bottle, Half Empty! You gotta be kidding. This drinks entirely too easy.
I'll be back tomorrow with hopefully better notes.

Yes, I did purchase. First sucker, two woots of the 'hope-I-get-some-more-2006' mixed rosé.

Promise, I'll do better tomorrow.

Kelly, can we get some specs on these? The normal stuff, TA, RS, pH. How did you make these?

CT

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee

Later than promised and no typical bowtie mania tonight. Too tired. Without further ado, here's my take on2006 McClean Syrah Rosé, Paso Robles, Estate Private Reserve.

First off, this is really good juice. I've never had a Syrah Rosé much less an aged one, so this is kind of a revelation. The nose shows some honeysuckle and strawberry. On the palate you get no heat, as befits the 13.5% alc content. No tannic bite, Rose an all. Smooth on entry, strawberry and melon on the mid, long lingering finish. Just a high quality wine all around. I'm going to have to start exploring the world of Rose after tonight. Truly enjoyable, and a great choice for the upcoming warmer weather. Sad you're retiring right when I discover your brand. Much success in your future endeavors.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

rjquillin

cmaldoon wrote:18 more bottles on the way. Gee thanks Neil!

Overspent as well, not sure I want to thank Neil however, but glad I have you for some company.
These are crazy-good QPR. We need a pool to predict the sell-out date-time.

The Vio doesn't seem to be getting any love. Wondering if TN's will be coming for it?

I gotta build a cellar, large.

Really sad this is going away, hope we get some 2010 futures.

You listening WD and Neil?

CT

neilfindswine

quality posts: 170 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

A. You're welcome, but don't hold me responsible for your burgeoning wine collection.

B. Raising a glass to Mr, McClean. A straight-shooting, authentic gentleman. Sorry to see him hanging it up but happy that he's on to his next adventure. And glad I have a few bottles of his wonderful syrah in my cellar. Thank YOU Michael McClean...

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

cortot20

It's rose season 8 months out of the year here in SoCal so I'm in for a set.

CT

random122

quality posts: 6 Private Messages random122

on vacation, but had to buy the syrahs just in case they sold out over the weekend. sad to hear McClean is shutting down.

andreaserben

quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben
kellymcclean wrote:Hey All!! Kelly McClean here. So the rumors are true, we are sadly closing up shop, this is literally the "Last the Hurrah...er...Syrah?"

Can you clarify? Just a few months ago you told me that you will still be growers - are you also getting out of that business also?

... are you out of the Syrah / Viognier blend you offered a while ago here?

jmdavidson

quality posts: 57 Private Messages jmdavidson

McClean Vineyards 2007 Ruby Syrah

I actually drank a bottle of this on Tuesday. What a coincidence that this is up on Woot Plus this weekend. After having read cmaldoon’s outstanding review of this wine, I would defer those contemplating a purchase here to read his review first. My brief summary. This was kept in the fridge for an hour before serving. Present, SWMBO, two sons and I. Nose on PnP revealed a light strawberry scent. Color: pink like a pinot. Tasting: pretty much three nuances of flavor, strawberry and a little spice on the front end with a citrus, or lemon tart, finish. At 15.3% alc., it did not seem hot to us. First impressions, everyone liked it having agreed it was light, a little dry and refreshing.

A half an hour later and the wine is a little warmer, but the flavors are pretty much the same, plus a little banana hidden in the middle. Otherwise, still strawberry and citrus.

Overall assessment: It was a day in the 80’s in Chicago, so this seemed like a perfect summer sipper. Pleasant flavors and refreshing finish. Whether or not you drink rosés, this should be on your buy list. At about $9 a bottle shipped, you can’t pass this up.

Last Wooter to Woot:jmdavidson
+1 Ruby Syrah
+1 2005 Syrah

losthighwayz

In for two roses and one 2007 syrah...anyone in SoCal that purchased the 2005 want to trade two 05s for two 07s?

Speed to First Woot:
2m 29.115s
First Sucker:
rjquillin
Last Wooter to Woot:
losthighwayz

dalematthew

quality posts: 22 Private Messages dalematthew

Very sad to hear you are hanging them up - but enjoy your next adventure (or time to relax).

I picked up the 05 Syrah. Still have 5 of the 07 and really enjoyed the one I drank.

Also picked up the Rosé - really hope this works out to be 2 of each (and really hope it's at least one of each vintage).

trifecta

quality posts: 72 Private Messages trifecta

2011 McClean Vineyards Viognier

PnP @ cellar temp. Color is pale golden or straw. Nose smells almost like a Sauv Blanc with a touch of trop fruit (no grass). Palate is heavier than I had expected, which is creamy in texture. Picking up vanilla, honeysuckle, and a touch of caramel. On the finish there is something bitter and a bit unpleasant, seems to be tannins (Viognier is quite tannic for a white). Mild acid. Thinking this bottle might be a bit warm for this style, popped it in the fridge for a 15F cooldown.

After chilling (and granted some opening up as well) this has improved greatly. Less bitter on the finish and has strangely become even creamier in texture. Paired with some manchego and the light bulb turned on. This is a great cheese wine. Granted this is not the style of Viognier I am used to, but I really liked it.

This is a really nice wine that take a bit of time to open and chilling to get the stars to align. Aromas similar to good SB, with a creamy texture like a white Rhone blend (marsanne/roussane, and yes I know Viognier is a white Rhone ) Good complexity.

cortot20

trifecta wrote:2011 McClean Vineyards Viognier

PnP @ cellar temp. Color is pale golden or straw. Nose smells almost like a Sauv Blanc with a touch of trop fruit (no grass). Palate is heavier than I had expected, which is creamy in texture. Picking up vanilla, honeysuckle, and a touch of caramel. On the finish there is something bitter and a bit unpleasant, seems to be tannins (Viognier is quite tannic for a white). Mild acid. Thinking this bottle might be a bit warm for this style, popped it in the fridge for a 15F cooldown.

After chilling (and granted some opening up as well) this has improved greatly. Less bitter on the finish and has strangely become even creamier in texture. Paired with some manchego and the light bulb turned on. This is a great cheese wine. Granted this is not the style of Viognier I am used to, but I really liked it.

This is a really nice wine that take a bit of time to open and chilling to get the stars to align. Aromas similar to good SB, with a creamy texture like a white Rhone blend (marsanne/roussane, and yes I know Viognier is a white Rhone ) Good complexity.

I posted notes on CT last October and my wife and I did not care for it. And she typically loves viognier.

CT

kellymcclean

andreaserben wrote:Can you clarify? Just a few months ago you told me that you will still be growers - are you also getting out of that business also?

... are you out of the Syrah / Viognier blend you offered a while ago here?

Sad but true. For the time being, no more growing, no more selling. I'll check in on the Syrah/Viognier blend. The boss man would know best.

kellymcclean

dalematthew wrote:Very sad to hear you are hanging them up - but enjoy your next adventure (or time to relax).

I picked up the 05 Syrah. Still have 5 of the 07 and really enjoyed the one I drank.

Also picked up the Rosé - really hope this works out to be 2 of each (and really hope it's at least one of each vintage).

Yes, time to relax and enjoy a little bit of what life has to offer...which consist some some major fishing, travel..all the hard things in life haha.

Glad you enjoyed the Syrahs!

lamcjunk

quality posts: 7 Private Messages lamcjunk

Can Mr. McClean please let us know approx what day this will ship? Summer trips and whatnot planned....

Thanks.

andreaserben

kellymcclean wrote:Sad but true. For the time being, no more growing, no more selling. I'll check in on the Syrah/Viognier blend. The boss man would know best.

Really sad to hear that. Thank you for his service to the country and for contributing to the cause of returning veterans also.
I love to bring a bottle of your wine to parties - always a good conversation piece besides of being plainly delicious.

andreaserben

I really would love WD/Woot to make this a Veteran's edition reserve or something like that contributing some of the proceeds to the good cause. Especially with Memorial Day coming up...
You guys are listening?

klezman

quality posts: 122 Private Messages klezman

Sounds like a Woot Cellars wine waiting to happen!

2014: 32 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Jana Cathedral 3 L
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

moondigger

quality posts: 11 Private Messages moondigger
klezman wrote:Sounds like a Woot Cellars wine waiting to happen!

Agreed! A Woot cellars label (and price) on wine made from McClean fruit would be an autobuy for many here.

kaolis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages kaolis

2011 McClean Vineyards Viognier

Happened to pop a bottle of this Wednesday night.

I've had quite a few Viogniers from different areas but this may be the first from Paso. Was a warm afternoon/evening here in Chicago and had some chicken with a spicy rub on the grill and thought this might do the trick. And it did.

Pop and pour from the fridge. Kind of a citrusy nose actually.

Didn't spend a ton of time with this, there was three of us, so savored a glass while food was a-cookin' and the rest with dinner.

To me Viognier is/can be flowers, spice, perfume and honey.

This to me veered toward the floral and honey end of the flavor spectrum with honey predominant, with a rich and full mouth feel. Not picking up much in the perfume or spice categories. Touch of vanilla. Finishes with kind of a surprising acidic kick to it, but the finish is moderately long and tasty.

Was a nice sipper on its own, and a perfect foil for the chicken.

My price guess at the time was that it would be a nice deal at $15 and a screaming deal at $10, so looks like it is right between there.

Well done.

Cheers!

cortot20

moondigger wrote:Agreed! A Woot cellars label (and price) on wine made from McClean fruit would be an autobuy for many here.

Just under a thousand cases, seems plausible.

CT

kellymcclean

lamcjunk wrote:Can Mr. McClean please let us know approx what day this will ship? Summer trips and whatnot planned....

Thanks.

Check with Woot & Neil. They have all the wine and will ship.

kellymcclean

andreaserben wrote:Really sad to hear that. Thank you for his service to the country and for contributing to the cause of returning veterans also.
I love to bring a bottle of your wine to parties - always a good conversation piece besides of being plainly delicious.

Glad you enjoy! Thanks for the support!

nathanbsmith

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nathanbsmith

I stumbled onto McClean Syrah's on wine.woot and purchased a 2003, 2005 and 2007 verticle and absolutely loved the 2003 and 2005 but never tried tried the 2007 until last night. I had one 2003 syrah and two 2007 syrahs remaining in my cellar so I thought what the heck. Let's drink both.

I decanted both wines for 2-3 hours prior to consuming. These are amazing wines and a favorite of mine. Knowing McClean was no longer going to produce grapes and makes delicious syrah wines, I have been avoiding consumption holding out for a special occasion and my special occasion was this woot plus deal.

2003 McClean Vineyards Syrah Estate Private Reserve

PnP: the cork was intact with a little sediment on the neck of the bottle. There inside of the cork was a very dark purple. Wine was dark red and purple.

Nose: ripe berries, cherries, chocolate and a little oak.

palate: berries, dark cherries and yes, chocolate. Thick, syrupy and velvety. Full mouth feel. Absolutely delicious!!

2007 McClean Vineyards Syrah Estate Private Reserve

PnP: It appears wines has leaked through the cork but this did not have any impact on the wine. A little sediment on the neck of the bottle but unlike the 2003, the inside of this cork was slightly stained red Wine was dark red and purple.

Nose: ripe berries, cherries and a little oak.

palate: berries and dark cherries. Thick, syrupy and velvety. Full mouth feel. Absolutely delicious!!

Even though I do not have the room, I am a fan of the McClean Syrah, therefore, I am in for a case of the 2005 and 2007.

LAST PURCHASE: Creminelli Italian Salami

2014: 1 (Thanks to stick-in-the-mud buzzkilling state legislators)

2013: 183 bottles and counting
2012: 74 bottles
2011: 38 bottles

My CT

moondigger

quality posts: 11 Private Messages moondigger

Four of us (three family members and myself) tried both the 2005 and 2007 Syrahs last night with grilled chicken, potato salad, and salted caramels.

Three of us agreed that while the two vintages are noticeably different, both were excellent. One thought the 2005 excellent but the 2007 'merely' good.

The first thing that I noticed, having popped both corks within 30 seconds of each other, is that one of the two stained the cork much darker than the other. The difference was quite striking. Sadly, I cannot tell you which was which because by the time I realized they were stained differently, I had lost track of which one had come from each bottle. I checked the corks to see if the vintage was printed on either one, but it wasn't. [EDIT: Later opened two more. The 2005 cork is stained much darker than the 2007. The difference is striking enough that I don't think it can be attributed solely to the difference in bottle time.]

As to tasting... the most readily noticeable difference was the additional heat in the 2007 (15.3% vs 14.5%). These are both excellent Syrahs, though I kept thinking of the 2005 as being somewhat more balanced because it didn't have the same heat on the nose or palate.

After both wines had gotten a couple hours of air, I started to wonder if the 2005 would have tasted more like the 2007 a couple years ago, when it (2005) was younger. Sadly, my first taste of any of the McClean Syrahs was last night, so can't say whether this theory holds or not. But given the way both wines developed with air, and assuming the air roughly approximates the way they've developed in the bottle, I wouldn't be surprised if the 2005 a couple years ago tasted more like the 2007 does now. (With the obvious exception of the extra heat in the 2007.)

This is seriously good juice, and at ~$12-$13/bottle shipped, really excellent QPR. It saddens me to have discovered McClean on the eve of its dissolution.

I have been trying (somewhat unsuccessfully) to stick to a SIWBM for the past month or so. The primary problem is that my temperature-controlled storage is completely filled. I've broken the WBM on several occasions during that time, but I self-limited on those occasions to only two or three bottles, even when I really wanted more. That way I could keep the storage situation somewhat in check, adding two or three new bottles after consuming one or two old bottles. However this strategy still left me with a growing stock of bottles sitting outside of chillers, and I renewed my vow last week to really, really stick to the moratorium for at least a month.

Then this Plus offer came up, and (as I'm sure it did for others here) it inspired me to actually pop a couple of McClean corks to give it a try.

In for three. (Two 2005, one 2007.) Some bottles are spoken for by friends and family members who want to take some off my hands, but what I'm keeping still turns my minor storage problem into a major storage problem.

Sigh...

And there's still that little devil sitting on my shoulder, whispering in my ear:

"You should totally place an order for another six-pack of the 2007. You know you want to."

The bigger problem is that the little angel on my other shoulder is whispering, "+1, dude."

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

Brought a bottle of the 2005 McClean Syrah Rose to a party last night.

I was eager to try it, so I opened it up at fridge temp and poured it for a couple of guests.

Unfortunately, this particular bottle of the Rose seems to be on the wrong side of the hill. I got a distinctly medicinal/cherry cough syrup quality from it which was not very pleasant.

None of the party guests chose to finish their glasses. I left the bottle in the fridge to see if I could get more opinions from other people later, but it went the same way with everyone who tried it.

I don't want to dissuade anyone from taking part in this offer since I've definitely had an enjoyable bottle of the regular McClean Syrah in the past.

This bottle could've been off for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is it finally got into the mid-90s here, so who knows if anything happened during shipping. I imagine a 2005 Rose is a fragile thing at this point so it must be treated gently.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

losthighwayz

North316 wrote:I'll post more notes later when I dig into this a bit deeper (SWMBO is chomping at the bits for something from the local ice cream shop).

Poured a class of the 2005 Syrah Rose. It was moved to the fridge (from the wine cooler) about thirty minutes before opening.

Slight strawberry and watermelon on the nose, but still fairly muted. Initial taste of strawberry, light cherries, a touch of watermelon. Still a good bit of fruit here for seven year old rose. But wow, the first thing I notice is the finish. This wine lingers and lingers, seemingly forever. Very slight hints of pepper and baking spic are also present. The wife says she gets a sweetness from the wine, but I get no such sweetness. I think she is perceiving the fruit as a sweetness, because this is definitely dry.

As it warms a little in the glass and gets some more air, the fruit fades a bit and great complex notes of spice and slightly darker fruits come forward with some nice zippy acidity....and of course the finish still lingers. I am really liking this right now. Will check back in later with any further impressions.

Still waiting for ur impressions! Redwine Fan is stressing me out!