bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
vinumrichard wrote:Hey petite sirah man, thanks for your feedback. Interestingly you mentioned The Crusher as one of your faves as I was the director of winemaking for Don Sebastiani for 8 years and was the guy who made the Crusher Petite Sirah among other varietals. That said, I'd be a little surprised if you didn't like this small bottling of ours. The next time you are in Napa, please let me know. I'd like to taste you through our line up of wines; I'm sure we will find something you like, maybe even a petite sirah ;) ... Have a GREAT Tuesday and I hope you have a nice bottle tonight.

To be fair, he said in the price range he'd prefer The Crusher, not that it was one of his favorites. Different things. As you may have guessed by his chosen name, he's a little obsessed with PS.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

Winedavid39

quality posts: 201 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

emmabean2000 wrote:One side note on the glories of WW. I was at my local wine store this past weekend, for the first time in nearly 6 months. I would say 95% of my wine purchases are from online, with 90% of that being from WW. I was surprised when I stumbled across a bottle of KR Late Harvest Viogner. I flipped out my phone and did a web check, and one of the first links was to when WW sold this in 2009 ($13 a bottle, I paid $27!). I felt like I was treated to a trip in the way back machine. Lots of discussion on how exciting it was to have THREE wine offerings in a week, and hold on to your hats, the first WW Woot Off! It was a trip to read the posts, which helped me not only instantly snap up the wine and subsequently make a great poached pear for dessert, but also how WW has progressed over the years. Eleven pages of comments for one offering, great feedback, and a Sunday night hint of what was to come. It’s no wonder why we fell in love with this website. Yes, Amazon may have its fingers on it a bit more, but overall, the underlying passion for great wine is still there! Thanks WD for continuing to stock my cellars!

Thanks very much for the nod.

We have not yet begun to fight!

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

vinumrichard wrote:Yes, we make an annual donation to the SF SPCA! Thanks for noticing ;)

very cool. :D

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

neilfindswine

quality posts: 170 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

Thanks to Richard and Chris for stopping in. We tasted these two at the office; nice everyday drinkers that deliver at the SRP; and even nicer at the Woot price (i'm also a fan of their 'White Elephant' Chenin Blanc).

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

vinumrichard

quality posts: 7 Private Messages vinumrichard
neilfindswine wrote:Thanks to Richard and Chris for stopping in. We tasted these two at the office; nice everyday drinkers that deliver at the SRP; and even nicer at the Woot price (i'm also a fan of their 'White Elephant' Chenin Blanc).

We appreciated the opportunity to make this offer to the Woot community. Perhaps we ought to have a summer white offering featuring some of our Chenin Blanc based wines; we do make three!

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
neilfindswine wrote:Thanks to Richard and Chris for stopping in. We tasted these two at the office; nice everyday drinkers that deliver at the SRP; and even nicer at the Woot price (i'm also a fan of their 'White Elephant' Chenin Blanc).

Speaking of office tastings, check your pm's

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

jimjacks66

quality posts: 32 Private Messages jimjacks66
vinumrichard wrote:We appreciated the opportunity to make this offer to the Woot community. Perhaps we ought to have a summer white offering featuring some of our Chenin Blanc based wines; we do make three!

If Chenin Blanc was offered, I would purchase in an instant. Even better would be a Chenin Blanc dessert wine!

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
jimjacks66 wrote: Even better would be a Chenin Blanc dessert wine!

+1

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013