WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Springtime Whites

If you could scoop out the chill of winter and keep it in your freezer, wouldn't you? Of course you would. Control of the weather? IMAGINE THE RUSH OF POWER YOU'D GET!!!!! Well, until that day comes, drinking this wine will be almost as good.

Quality Posts

Cesare

quality posts: 1676 Private Messages Cesare

Springtime Whites

Wellington 2010 Roussanne, Sonoma County 4-Pack
$59.99 $̶1̶0̶8̶.̶0̶0̶ 44% off List Price
2010 Roussanne, Sonoma County

Chance Creek Mendocino Sauvignon Blanc 6-Pack
$64.99 $̶1̶1̶5̶.̶0̶0̶ 43% off List Price
2010 Chance Creek Redwood Valley Sauvignon Blanc, Mendocino County

Foxy Roxy 2009 Columbia Valley Gewurtzraminer 6-Pack
$55.99 $̶1̶0̶9̶.̶0̶0̶ 49% off List Price
2009 Gewürtzraminer, Columbia Valley

Proud to Serve Winery North Coast 2009 Sauvignon Blanc Case
$99.99 $̶2̶5̶3̶.̶0̶0̶ 60% off List Price
2009 Sauvignon Blanc, North Coast

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

sphervey

quality posts: 39 Private Messages sphervey

Wine Enthusiast review on the Wellington:

http://buyingguide.winemag.com/catalog/wellington-2010-roussanne-sonoma-county

kylemittskus

quality posts: 232 Private Messages kylemittskus

Aready have my 4 Wellington Roussannes. Haven't opened one yet, but I'm excited to.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

rjquillin

quality posts: 183 Private Messages rjquillin
kylemittskus wrote:Aready have my 4 Wellington Roussannes. Haven't opened one yet, but I'm excited to.

Still got me a few of these, gotta see if I can find one to taste and see if I need more.

And I'd like to see some of that 2011 SB of Peters I had last night up on woot as well.

WD, Neil, you there?

CT

loveladyelectric

quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric

I've opened one of my PW roussannes and liked it. It's a full bodied white with a very dry finish. I don't have any memory of the fruit of flavors at all. Drank very well cold, I enjoyed it more after putting it in ice than right out of the locker.

One of the guys I was sitting down with had opened a viognier he thought was two sweet and mixed the two- that was pretty fun too.

losthighwayz

quality posts: 61 Private Messages losthighwayz

Chance Creek SB is awesome. Feel free to read my notes on the previous offer. I will need to get in on ONE or TWO more but will wait for a WW offer I can parlay for free shipping. Not too convinced about the CH offer.

"The older I get the better I was"

chancecreeklou

quality posts: 8 Private Messages chancecreeklou

Wooters... Chance Creek Lou here says this is certainly cheaper than Sancere, but has been compared to it's French cousin. Jump in an get some goat cheese and a few tidbits of fresh dungeness crab or shellfish and enjoy the forward flavors from our terroir nuanced vineyard in Mendocino County. We are also certified organic growers for over 20 years. Grapefruit and nectarines and zesty mouth watering acidity are our trademarks. Thanks, Chance Creek Lou

acompdude

quality posts: 2 Private Messages acompdude

Any notes on the Foxy Roxy Gewurtzraminer?

Deezy2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Deezy2

Spell check on 'Gewurztraminer' woot. It's the little things :-)

acompdude

Deezy2 wrote:Spell check on 'Gewurztraminer' woot. It's the little things :-)

HA! I just copied and pasted. Didn't even check the spelling. Nice catch.

acompdude

Well I decided to try the Gewurztraminer. I found the previous offerings and that helped make my decision. In case it can help someone else:

http://wine.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5246694
http://wine.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5218280

chipgreen

quality posts: 202 Private Messages chipgreen

Willing to split Chance Creek SB and/or Foxy Roxy Gewurz. Wish there were more deals for 2-4 bottles instead of so many 6-12 deals.

Cyradia

quality posts: 30 Private Messages Cyradia

Anybody have a shipping window idea on the Rousannes? Usually nothing stops me from stocking up on Wellington, but I'm traveling out of the country starting May 24th.

chipgreen

quality posts: 202 Private Messages chipgreen
Cyradia wrote:Anybody have a shipping window idea on the Rousannes? Usually nothing stops me from stocking up on Wellington, but I'm traveling out of the country starting May 24th.

This offer doesn't end 'til the 17th and won't ship for 3-5 days after that so there is almost no chance you would receive it before the 24th.

michaelvella

quality posts: 12 Private Messages michaelvella
chancecreeklou wrote:Wooters... Chance Creek Lou here says this is certainly cheaper than Sancere, but has been compared to it's French cousin. Jump in an get some goat cheese and a few tidbits of fresh dungeness crab or shellfish and enjoy the forward flavors from our terroir nuanced vineyard in Mendocino County. We are also certified organic growers for over 20 years. Grapefruit and nectarines and zesty mouth watering acidity are our trademarks. Thanks, Chance Creek Lou

Oh, that sounds really good.
What's the mineral flavor like? Big fan of Sancerre, would love a California source.

kfloydj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kfloydj
chipgreen wrote:This offer doesn't end 'til the 17th and won't ship for 3-5 days after that so there is almost no chance you would receive it before the 24th.

so I ordered the Foxy Gewurtz on 5/15 and still 'awaiting shipping'...never ordered wine before.

Do they typically wait as long as possible before shipping (for ease, or whatever)?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

kfloydj wrote:so I ordered the Foxy Gewurtz on 5/15 and still 'awaiting shipping'...never ordered wine before.

Do they typically wait as long as possible before shipping (for ease, or whatever)?

Wine shipments take a bit longer than shipments from our other sites. Allow at least 2-3 weeks.

The FAQ:

How long is shipment going to take?
You should get your wine in 2-3 weeks, often sooner. We know the wait is kind of a drag. But it's still gonna taste good (maybe even better), and since we leave it to the wineries to get the wine to you, you can count on their experience to send their wine using their expert methodologies.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

kfloydj

ThunderThighs wrote:Wine shipments take a bit longer than shipments from our other sites. Allow at least 2-3 weeks.

But I'm thirsty naaoooooooooooooow

(Thanks - who reads FAQs?!? :X)

Deezy2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Deezy2

Anticipated ship date 5/22. It's now a week removed from that date and yet no additional shipping information. Why state shipping in 3-5 business days if that is not the case? This is bordering on ridiculous Woot!

And btw, this order was placed on 5/10!

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 175 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

Deezy2 wrote:Anticipated ship date 5/22. It's now a week removed from that date and yet no additional shipping information. Why state shipping in 3-5 business days if that is not the case? This is bordering on ridiculous Woot!

There is a chance that if the estimate shipping date has passed that there is a delay on the shipment of your order.

I recommend that you contact Woot Member Services at support@woot.com. They'll be more than happy to assist you in remedying the issue.

kfloydj

Deezy2 wrote:Anticipated ship date 5/22. It's now a week removed from that date and yet no additional shipping information. Why state shipping in 3-5 business days if that is not the case? This is bordering on ridiculous Woot!

Echoing this

Fedex 'recieved shipping info' on 5/22, had an estimated delivery date of 5/30 but now that the date has passed, the est date is N/A.

I'll contact support but this may be my first and last wine.woot order :/

neilfindswine

quality posts: 173 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

kfloydj wrote:Echoing this

Fedex 'recieved shipping info' on 5/22, had an estimated delivery date of 5/30 but now that the date has passed, the est date is N/A.

I'll contact support but this may be my first and last wine.woot order :/

...this was a rare instance of shipping directly from the winery's doorstep. I just spoke to the winery- the wine is moving as I type and tracking should be updated shortly...

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

rjquillin

Neil, WD, any ETS for the McCleans?
Salivating for those Rosé's

CT

neilfindswine

quality posts: 173 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

rjquillin wrote:Neil, WD, any ETS for the McCleans?
Salivating for those Rosé's

I'm told they'll be going out top of next week.... They usually ship the "Q's" last...

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

rjquillin

neilfindswine wrote:I'm told they'll be going out top of next week.... They usually ship the "Q's" last...

Just don't run out first, and enjoy those '99's.

CT

moondigger

quality posts: 11 Private Messages moondigger
neilfindswine wrote:I'm told they'll be going out top of next week.... They usually ship the "Q's" last...

Hey Neil... I'm a bit concerned, given that my two orders have to make it all the way to NY via ground... and the weather has been hot all over. Is there any way my shipments will avoid a weekend layover somewhere?

EDIT: Meant to post this on the Last Syrah discussion, since my orders are of the McClean Syrahs. >>Re-posted over there.<<