2009 Lot 204 Chardonnay
2009 Lot 216
2010 Lot 270 Sauvignon Blanc
CT link above

Website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

Flybranda

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Flybranda

HEY!! quiet down

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile, make the sage frolic, and the serious smile. -Homer

justkissmybass

quality posts: 3 Private Messages justkissmybass

Oh boy... Guess I'll ask it--Nobody has an opinion on this selection of wines? It's at a good price per bottle, so I'd be interested if it's drinkable.

moondigger

quality posts: 11 Private Messages moondigger

Wasn't the Woot Cellars Quaffmor Sauvignon Blanc made by Cameron Hughes? And if so, is the Sauvignon Blanc offered here similar?

eluofthenine

quality posts: 7 Private Messages eluofthenine

Huzzah for Cameron Hughes back on woot!! Great qpr. Now lets see some reds!

For those that haven't tried CH and are in the market for whites, I would think this would be an autobuy for a nice pnp daily. All the reds I have had have been good to pretty dang good.

michaelvella

quality posts: 12 Private Messages michaelvella

Interesting notes I'm finding online this morning. Thank goodness more people are starting to make Chardonnay that's actually drinkable rather than those over-oaked butterbombs that made me give up on CA Chard long ago.
Looking forward to hearing more from the community here, as overall, this 6 pack sounds nice.

theexuberantone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theexuberantone
eluofthenine wrote:Huzzah for Cameron Hughes back on woot!! Great qpr. Now lets see some reds!

For those that haven't tried CH and are in the market for whites, I would think this would be an autobuy for a nice pnp daily. All the reds I have had have been good to pretty dang good.

Agreed!! I really enjoyed their reds. This is an autobuy for me!

SmilingBoognish

quality posts: 46 Private Messages SmilingBoognish
justkissmybass wrote:Oh boy... Guess I'll ask it--Nobody has an opinion on this selection of wines? It's at a good price per bottle, so I'd be interested if it's drinkable.

I've never tried a CH wine that was not drinkable. I've had a few of his cabs that were quite nice. I generally let the wife choose the Chardonnay, though, as she is far more picky than I when it comes to that varietal.

annieo518

quality posts: 0 Private Messages annieo518

OK, I'll give it a try

hail2skins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hail2skins

I have a number of bottles of Cameron Hughes reds now. Some direct from them and 12 recently from Woot (since they don't charge tax for these wines, I can still buy ).

The reds are fine. I don't do white. But for this price I am pretty confident they'll be well worth it as the reds are a bargain at a higher price than this.

LynnMJ

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LynnMJ

I don't discriminate by color. I enjoy it all, I'm in.

chipgreen

quality posts: 179 Private Messages chipgreen

Cameron Hughes, like wine.woot, is known for great QPR. Too bad 4 of the 6 bottles are Chardonnay, although the blend with 6% Pinot Blanc and 6% Riesling looks interesting.

wnissen

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wnissen

Cameron Hughes wines (and I say this as someone who bought this pack) are big, both in body (14.5% alcohol Chardonnay, anyone?) and flavor. Subtle they are not. On the other hand, a lot of people like that style, so I wanted to have some around for guests.

acompdude

quality posts: 2 Private Messages acompdude

This will be my first Cameron Hughes purchase. Hard to pass up with all the excellent comments on all the Cameron Hughes wines.