Gourmet on the Go Energize Me Protein Mix, 8 oz. 2-Pack
Gourmet on the Go Feel Good Mix, 8 oz. 2-Pack

Website

Previous offer:
2/20/13

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

the title is misleading.....

that was fun while it lasted!

Jertyrael

quality posts: 20 Private Messages Jertyrael

It's just some stinkin' trail mix! I like nuts as much as the next gentleman, but I'd sooner by a truck load of cheap stuff because I have a hard time finding nuts I don't want in my mouth!

"Woot and all our various sites will continue to be an independently operated company full of horrible, useless products and an untalented jerkface writing staff, same as it ever was." -- Matt Rutledge

CAisBurning

quality posts: 2 Private Messages CAisBurning

He's the one they call Gourmet Nut Feel Good. He's the one that makes ya feel alright.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3165 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

A few comments from when this was offered in February

chipgreen

quality posts: 179 Private Messages chipgreen
CAisBurning wrote:He's the one they call Gourmet Nut Feel Good. He's the one that makes ya feel alright.

You put the Feel Good in the Gourmet Nut and Mix it all up. Put the Feel Good in the Gourmet Nut and Mix 'em both together. Put the Feel Good in the Gourmet Nut, then you'll feel better.

barrywilliams991

quality posts: 2 Private Messages barrywilliams991

Sorry. I notice that one of the mixes has pumpkin seeds from China. I won't eat anything from China.

I got some broccoli from one of the warehouse clubs that had a taste that was nothing like any broccoli I had ever tasted. We tried to eat several of the little bags contained in the package but all were foul.

Then, I noticed China as the origin printed obscurely on the bag. That made me decide to never eat food of Chinese origin ever again.

A warning too about apple juice. The origin is usually printed in very hard to find lettering etched into the plastic bottle. There has been a shift to Chinese sourced apple juice concentrate.

I am not a China hater. It is just that China has major industrial pollution problems in their air and water. It is worse than the US before the environmental clean up started in the '70's.

BEWARE!

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
barrywilliams991 wrote:

A warning too about apple juice. The origin is usually printed in very hard to find lettering etched into the plastic bottle. There has been a shift to Chinese sourced apple juice concentrate.

I am not a China hater. It is just that China has major industrial pollution problems in their air and water. It is worse than the US before the environmental clean up started in the '70's.

BEWARE!

This is true. It's almost impossible to find the country of origin on them damn bottles. I can handle Argentina, but really, there aren't enough apples in Michigan and Washington to make juice with? I only buy Indian Summer apple juice because it is very plainly US only apples and the same f'n price as the others. Plus, it's quite tasty.

Edit: Well except for this year I guess. Something about a late freeze and the basic decimation of the apple crop last year so for one year they're supplementing with Argentinian apple concentrate. Sadness, but hopefully when this year they go back if the U.S. crop is worth a shite.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

moondigger

quality posts: 11 Private Messages moondigger
bhodilee wrote:I can handle Argentina, but really, there aren't enough apples in Michigan and Washington to make juice with?

Don't forget New York, which has the second highest apple production in the U.S. behind Washington.

The problem for juice producers is that U.S. supplies are much more limited in the spring and summer than in the fall and winter, while the demand for apple juice is fairly constant year-round. That's why so many apples and apple products are sourced from southern hemisphere producers like Argentina.

brasssong

quality posts: 7 Private Messages brasssong

Bags of nuts.
No thanks. I already have that covered.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
brasssong wrote:Bags of nuts.
No thanks. I already have that covered.

Bahahaha! You're so clever. Most original joke ever.

#weneedasarcasmfont

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

jitspoe

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jitspoe

I got one of these at big lots for $2.50. That would be $15 for 6. $25 seems a bit overpriced.

The one I got had the soy nuts. It was OK, but soy nuts are pretty hard and don't taste all that great by themselves, so if you manage to get a handful of just soy, it's pretty "bleh."

editorkid

quality posts: 91 Private Messages editorkid

I bought them during that Woot-off and they're pretty good. The problem with these types of mixes is that there are always things I don't like, but no fault of the company there. The best part about them was that I could hide them in my desk drawer knowing no one would steal them. Okay stuff, but at $5 a shot for a 6-pack (@$4.45 for 18), I gotta pass.

RocRizzo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages RocRizzo
moondigger wrote:Don't forget New York, which has the second highest apple production in the U.S. behind Washington.

The problem for juice producers is that U.S. supplies are much more limited in the spring and summer than in the fall and winter, while the demand for apple juice is fairly constant year-round. That's why so many apples and apple products are sourced from southern hemisphere producers like Argentina.

We get NY juice, cider and apples year round here in the scenic Hudson Valley. It does help that they grow them right here.

I would NEVER get anything BUT locally pressed apple cider, or locally made juice. It's just a thing I have.

I'm not sure I would ever buy something called "Feel good nuts," or "tasty nuts." I just don't swing that way.

"Understanding is a three-edged sword."

ugrasse2

quality posts: 6 Private Messages ugrasse2
jitspoe wrote:I got one of these at big lots for $2.50. That would be $15 for 6. $25 seems a bit overpriced.

The one I got had the soy nuts. It was OK, but soy nuts are pretty hard and don't taste all that great by themselves, so if you manage to get a handful of just soy, it's pretty "bleh."

Right on. You can make your own trail-mix (with YOUR favorite ingredients for much less. Raisins are cheap filler if you like them, and even the most expensive nuts are never more than $5 or $6/lb. Spending $5/each per 6oz or 8oz bag is ridiculous.

moondigger

quality posts: 11 Private Messages moondigger
RocRizzo wrote:We get NY juice, cider and apples year round here in the scenic Hudson Valley. It does help that they grow them right here.

They grow a lot of them upstate as well. I'm a 5 minute drive from two large orchards, and within 30 minutes of several more. Nonetheless, the local apples are all either consumed locally or sold off for other purposes by the end of winter. Local grocery stores stock Argentinian apples between February and September.

mh2s

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mh2s

Bought this on Woot previously. The only one I liked was the Protein. But then it had bananas, pineapple, and papaya in it instead of pumpkin seeds, which I wouldn't eat anyway. Still have 2 bags left, hoping the grandchildren will eat, cause I won't.

rbarger

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rbarger

So if I eat these nuts it will Nut Feel Good? (pun intended) Hmmm... There are so many other bad places this title takes me regarding nut puns and innuendo. I need to stop hanging around with the demented sense of humor souls I normally do. (Sorry Woot community for my depravity).