+ Add a Comment

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

It's a classic story. Boy meets woot. Girl meets woot. Boy meets girl. Girl lays claim to boy. Boy proposes at a winery in front of 20 other wooters. Girl decides to have a second reception just for the wooters.

You know, the kind of thing that happens every day.

Space is limited for this event... Those who received official invites will of course have first dibs, but we are opening this up to the rest of the woot community as well on a first-come-first-served basis!

(Pssst... just cuz it says RSVP by July 20th, that's not a hard and fast date - there's still room, still time - mostly we wanted that to have a roundabout number of how many to look for, but if you still want in, just let us know!)

Lodging options are available at several hotels in the area, although it is recommended that if you even think you MIGHT attend, you make a reservation as early as possible, as August weekends fill up FAST with events at various wineries in the area.

There is also the option of camping out at Twisted Oak. Yes. Camping. With tents and everything. Bring your own tent!

Dunbar House, Murphys SOLD OUT

Murphys Suites, Murphys
209-728-2121 or 877-728-2121

Murphys Inn Motel, Murphys
209-728-1818 or 888-796-1800

Angels Camp Travelodge, Angels Camp
209-736-4242 or 888-753-0226

Mention Twisted Oak for a discounted rate!

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
cheron98 wrote:It's a classic story. Boy meets woot. Girl meets woot. Boy meets girl. Girl lays claim to boy. Boy proposes at a winery in front of 20 other wooters. Girl decides to have a second reception just for the wooters.

You know, the kind of thing that happens every day.

Space is limited for this event... But fortunately there's a lot of limited space. Invitations have been sent out,but once we receive RSVPs from these, depending on space, all are invited on a first-come basis.

But since everyone is talking about it anyway, figured we might as well start up a thread!

Have at it!

Can you pm me the email address so I can rsvp. I can't seem to locate the invite. I'm disorganized and our place is a mess right now.

We'll be staying at the Travelodge in Angels Camp. Debating on whether to do Friday and Saturday night or just Saturday night. Guess depends on what we're going to do with the dog.

Edit: Oh meant to say CONGRATS!!! So excited for this classic love story.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1

Congrats!! I am also trying to figure out how long to stay....depending on what the (if any) pre and post wootception plans are.....will determine that...

cheron98

CAGrl wrote:Can you pm me the email address so I can rsvp. I can't seem to locate the invite. I'm disorganized and our place is a mess right now.

We'll be staying at the Travelodge in Angels Camp. Debating on whether to do Friday and Saturday night or just Saturday night. Guess depends on what we're going to do with the dog.

Edit: Oh meant to say CONGRATS!!! So excited for this classic love story.

Sent

cheron98

mommadeb1 wrote:Congrats!! I am also trying to figure out how long to stay....depending on what the (if any) pre and post wootception plans are.....will determine that...

Well, if it helps any, HAK and I will be arriving in town on Friday during the day. We'll probably hit a few places in the area during the day but will likely get to the venue in mid afternoon for setup. There is a concert of some sort on Friday night nearby, but probably not going to go to that. We do have to leave Sunday afternoon to make it back to catch our homeward bound flight. Haven't really made solid plans aside from where we're staying and the event itself at this point.

So that's probably not helpful

CAGrl

cheron98 wrote:Sent

And email sent!

klezman

quality posts: 121 Private Messages klezman

molarchae and I have reservations for Fri/Sat nights at Travel Lodge in Angel's Camp. We may decide to camp at the winery anyway and save the $, also depending on whether we decide to drive up Friday afternoon or Saturday morning - LA traffic will be, um, interesting.

We definitely want to hit up a few wineries in the area. Maybe even make the extra trip up to Amador and finally visit some of those. I sense opportunities for collaboration...

We'll be driving back south probably by 4 or 5 pm Sunday so we can get to sleep at a reasonable hour for work the next day.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
mommadeb1 wrote:Congrats!! I am also trying to figure out how long to stay....depending on what the (if any) pre and post wootception plans are.....will determine that...

Don't forget to send the email of your intention of attending. :D And if hubby will be joining you. I believe I recall you mentioning he might not.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

mommadeb1

HitAnyKey42 wrote:Don't forget to send the email of your intention of attending. :D And if hubby will be joining you. I believe I recall you mentioning he might not.

yea yeah yeah Im getting to it

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm
mommadeb1 wrote:yea yeah yeah Im getting to it

Mrs. Procrastinator!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

mommadeb1

bahwm wrote:Mrs. Procrastinator!

yup thats me!!

mommadeb1

ok I'm attempting to get my act together and book flights and a room , or at least a room..... what airports should I be looking at to fly into?

CAGrl

mommadeb1 wrote:ok I'm attempting to get my act together and book flights and a room , or at least a room..... what airports should I be looking at to fly into?

If you flew into Oakland, SFO, or San Jose (last choice on my part) on Saturday we could pick you up on our way up. But the plane would have to land pretty early so not sure what your thoughts are on that. Or Sacramento if someone else is flying in around the same time as you. Or you would have to rent a car. hope that helps.

mommadeb1

CAGrl wrote:If you flew into Oakland, SFO, or San Jose (last choice on my part) on Saturday we could pick you up on our way up. But the plane would have to land pretty early so not sure what your thoughts are on that. Or Sacramento if someone else is flying in around the same time as you. Or you would have to rent a car. hope that helps.

thanks! it does...

CAGrl

mommadeb1 wrote:thanks! it does...

So have you decided yet? It'd be fun to see you again!

mommadeb1

CAGrl wrote:So have you decided yet? It'd be fun to see you again!

well.... now I have conflict..... just found out my family is having a birthday party for my aunts 90th.......the same weekend!!!!!!!!! sooooo....this means my folks will be gone, this means my critter sitter/child watcher is not available........I have to talk to my folks and see whats going on.... I really want to come to the wootception and see everyone!!

cheron98

mommadeb1 wrote:well.... now I have conflict..... just found out my family is having a birthday party for my aunts 90th.......the same weekend!!!!!!!!! sooooo....this means my folks will be gone, this means my critter sitter/child watcher is not available........I have to talk to my folks and see whats going on.... I really want to come to the wootception and see everyone!!

We really want you to come, too!

mommadeb1

cheron98 wrote:We really want you to come, too!

Thanks. . I'm going to talk to my folks tonight see what's what....of all the weekends to pick.....why did they have pick this one???

HitAnyKey42

So since there are so many Woot-crastinators out there such that we've gotten minimal responses to the first round of official invites we sent out (and have already had at least 10 declines ), we've reached the point of opening our arms and glasses to the rest of you!

It was tough choosing the initial list to begin with, so don't be slighted that you didn't get something in the mail. Even though you didn't get a physical invite, you are probably more deserving of this invite than Sparky.

So here's the deal to the rest of our Woot-family:

So the available spaces will be on a first-come-first-serve basis. For now, this is how I'll do it. Toss us an email. I'll automatically accept an amount up to the number of our current Declines. Anyone after that will be put on a waiting list, and as we get other declines, you'll be able join us in the festivities.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

HitAnyKey42

mommadeb1 wrote:Thanks. . I'm going to talk to my folks tonight see what's what....of all the weekends to pick.....why did they have pick this one???

Just have your dogs watch the kids....and the kids watch the dogs....

Or put them all in a kennel for the weekend.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

mommadeb1

HitAnyKey42 wrote:Just have your dogs watch the kids....and the kids watch the dogs....

Or put them all in a kennel for the weekend.

right now I will do a probably....

mommadeb1

HitAnyKey42 wrote:So since there are so many Woot-crastinators out there such that we've gotten minimal responses to the first round of official invites we sent out (and have already had at least 10 declines ), we've reached the point of opening our arms and glasses to the rest of you!

It was tough choosing the initial list to begin with, so don't be slighted that you didn't get something in the mail. Even though you didn't get a physical invite, you are probably more deserving of this invite than Sparky.

So here's the deal to the rest of our Woot-family:

So the available spaces will be on a first-come-first-serve basis. For now, this is how I'll do it. Toss us an email. I'll automatically accept an amount up to the number of our current Declines. Anyone after that will be put on a waiting list, and as we get other declines, you'll be able join us in the festivities.

well the rsvp date is July 20th for us procrastinators!!

HitAnyKey42

mommadeb1 wrote:well the rsvp date is July 20th for us procrastinators!!

Shush! You weren't supposed to point that out!

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

mommadeb1

HitAnyKey42 wrote:Shush! You weren't supposed to point that out!

sorry, I was trying to justify my lack of speed in replying!!! ha ha ha

cheron98

There, top post is updated with the invite and with the lodging info.

mommadeb1

mommadeb1 wrote:thanks! it does...

ok I am trying to figure out flights, stupid question... Oakland/san fran airport ? how long of a drive from oakland or San fran to the wootception? and which airport is better? It is looking like I will have to fly in friday night....the earliest flight gets me in Sat around 12:30/1 pm...That will be one looonnnng day!

CAGrl

mommadeb1 wrote:ok I am trying to figure out flights, stupid question... Oakland/san fran airport ? how long of a drive from oakland or San fran to the wootception? and which airport is better? It is looking like I will have to fly in friday night....the earliest flight gets me in Sat around 12:30/1 pm...That will be one looonnnng day!

Oakland is a wee bit closer, but they're both about a two hours or longer (depending on traffic) to the wootception area. So does that mean you would land on Friday night or leaving Friday night? Just trying to figure it out.

If you landed in Oakland on Saturday, we could pick you up on the way to the wootception. SFO works too but a little bit more out of the way. Hope this made sense.

mommadeb1

CAGrl wrote:Oakland is a wee bit closer, but they're both about a two hours or longer (depending on traffic) to the wootception area. So does that mean you would land on Friday night or leaving Friday night? Just trying to figure it out.

If you landed in Oakland on Saturday, we could pick you up on the way to the wootception. SFO works too but a little bit more out of the way. Hope this made sense.

thanks it does, I'm checking flights now, It looks like I will have to come in Friday night prob. late... sat. doesn't get me in until early afternoon.. too long of a day for me... I want to be able to enjoy... and not be exhausted!

mommadeb1

ok I booked a room at the Travelodge, is that where everyone is staying? or do I need to change?

bahwm

mommadeb1 wrote:ok I booked a room at the Travelodge, is that where everyone is staying? or do I need to change?

Yep. We're staying there. Also, flights into Oakland just went down in price from BUF.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm

bahwm wrote:Yep. We're staying there. Also, flights into Oakland just went down in price from BUF. Also, got a pretty good deal on the car rental thru SWA's website with Advantage. I hate their secondary rental site location, but it saves a ton of $$. We rented thru them for D&D. The mid-size car turned into a mini-van for the same cost! Great mileage, too.

Too tired. Posting to myself. Must go to bed. Not sure if these are allergies or a major cold coming on! Ugh!

bahwm

mommadeb, didn't we have some sort of correspondence that we are coming out on Wed for some family stuff and would be driving up from Redwood City, which is basically near the Bay Area? And, then, we discussed airports and possibly helping you with transportation? Or, did I imagine this and did I imagine CAgirl responding, too?

CAGrl

bahwm wrote:mommadeb, didn't we have some sort of correspondence that we are coming out on Wed for some family stuff and would be driving up from Redwood City, which is basically near the Bay Area? And, then, we discussed airports and possibly helping you with transportation? Or, did I imagine this and did I imagine CAgirl responding, too?

Nope. Didn't imagine it. I think it was a cyberpub convo.

Well, we can work it out but if mommadeb found a hotel near the oakland airport then either you or I could pick her up on our way to the wootception. Just a thought.

bahwm

CAGrl wrote:Nope. Didn't imagine it. I think it was a cyberpub convo.

Well, we can work it out but if mommadeb found a hotel near the oakland airport then either you or I could pick her up on our way to the wootception. Just a thought.

K. Sounds good. Don't know how long she's staying. We're going to hang in that area until Tues. so she'll probably need a ride back to Oakland.

mommadeb1

bahwm wrote:K. Sounds good. Don't know how long she's staying. We're going to hang in that area until Tues. so she'll probably need a ride back to Oakland.

you guys are too nice to me!! and I REALLY appreciate it!!! I never even thought about staying in oakland and having CaGirl pick me up.....hmmmmm I booked the travelodge fri-mon was planning on flying out monday.... haven't booked flights yet.....
and yes, bahwm you both offered me a ride, no imagining.. I just wanted to book a room for the wootception before they were all gone.... fights I will deal with later....I am tryihg not to miss too much work. we go back to school on the 17 (I think)

bahwm

mommadeb1 wrote:you guys are too nice to me!! and I REALLY appreciate it!!! I never even thought about staying in oakland and having CaGirl pick me up.....hmmmmm I booked the travelodge fri-mon was planning on flying out monday.... haven't booked flights yet.....
and yes, bahwm you both offered me a ride, no imagining.. I just wanted to book a room for the wootception before they were all gone.... fights I will deal with later....I am tryihg not to miss too much work. we go back to school on the 17 (I think)

Ewwww. The 17th? We don't go back untitled the Tues after Labor Day & the kids come in on Thurs.

Get flights NOW. Prices will only be going up. We will not be heading out to Angel's Gate until Saturday. Don't know who will be there to get you back to Oakland for a Monday flight... We have a flight out around 2:30 pm on Oakland on Tues.

CAGrl

mommadeb1 wrote:you guys are too nice to me!! and I REALLY appreciate it!!! I never even thought about staying in oakland and having CaGirl pick me up.....hmmmmm I booked the travelodge fri-mon was planning on flying out monday.... haven't booked flights yet.....

I figured a hotel near the oakland airport would be easier on you too. And I would definitely come by and pick you up if I don't have to go to the in-laws place on Friday night to drop the dog off. Ugh. To figure out what to do with the dog now. Figured if not us, then bahwm could swing by and pick you up as well.

So hubby's okay with you coming out by yourself to hang with your wino friends?

cheron98

bahwm wrote:Ewwww. The 17th? We don't go back untitled the Tues after Labor Day & the kids come in on Thurs.

Get flights NOW. Prices will only be going up. We will not be heading out to Angel's Gate until Saturday. Don't know who will be there to get you back to Oakland for a Monday flight... We have a flight out around 2:30 pm on Oakland on Tues.

hak and i will be returning to the bay area on sunday. i am sure we could give mommadeb a ride if need be, if you're willing to get a hotel near oakland for sunday night.

mommadeb1

CAGrl wrote:I figured a hotel near the oakland airport would be easier on you too. And I would definitely come by and pick you up if I don't have to go to the in-laws place on Friday night to drop the dog off. Ugh. To figure out what to do with the dog now. Figured if not us, then bahwm could swing by and pick you up as well.

So hubby's okay with you coming out by yourself to hang with your wino friends?

heee heeee... hubby is still shaking his head about me going "unsupervised" .... I will just have to hide the cc!! he is more worried right now about getting his stuff ready for his trip with our son to the computer geek thing they are going to!

mommadeb1

cheron98 wrote:hak and i will be returning to the bay area on sunday. i am sure we could give mommadeb a ride if need be, if you're willing to get a hotel near oakland for sunday night.

thanks