MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

PoSt away, folks!!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

cjsiege wrote:

List of previous WW gatherings by area. New list in the Gatherings tab and Old list in the Community tab. Great reading and great examples of how to set up a Get-Together Thread.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings…All The News for the week of May 5

Cinco de Mayo! A perfect theme for your next local Get-Together! Host a Get-Together in your area!

May
5/24: Mid-May Somewhere Between Western NY and Cleveland

June
6/1: NorCal #17: Classified Bordeaux Tasting
6/1: NoVA/DC #29: Second Annual Picnic By The Pool
6/15: NorCal #18: WineSmith BBQ in Santa Rosa
6/15: DFW #?: Sakhuu Thai Please RSVP by June 7.

Pending
TBD: SeaTac & Western Washington Interest Thread.
TBD: NYC Tasting #??: A Tribute (interest thread)
TBD: Dallas #11

No events in your area??? Start one! Create an interest thread in the GATHERINGS Community Tab.

So join or create a WW Gathering!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1

for the wootception....it appears the Travel Lodge is where most are staying? If need be...can I get a ride with someone? Bawhm what day are you guys flying in/leaving? Are you planning on going straight to the venue or are you doing some sight seeing? I am not trying to be nosey, just trying to figure out how I can make it.. Just a thought I had, if I could arrive around the same time you guys do and could catch a ride with you? (contributing to the cost of the rental car and gas, of course) is this something you would would be interested in? I understand if not....no biggie...

MarkDaSpark

Congrats to TT!

ThunderThighs wrote:I'VE BEEN PROMOTED!

So what's the new title? Head Wrangler for Wootaholics?

bahwm

quality posts: 30 Private Messages bahwm
mommadeb1 wrote:for the wootception....it appears the Travel Lodge is where most are staying? If need be...can I get a ride with someone? Bawhm what day are you guys flying in/leaving? Are you planning on going straight to the venue or are you doing some sight seeing? I am not trying to be nosey, just trying to figure out how I can make it.. Just a thought I had, if I could arrive around the same time you guys do and could catch a ride with you? (contributing to the cost of the rental car and gas, of course) is this something you would would be interested in? I understand if not....no biggie...

Here's the deal: we will be arriving on Wed & have some family obligations Wed, Thurs & Fri. We will be in the Redwood City/San Mateo/Bay area much of the day Fri and then, doing the drive to the hotel sometime Sat. We will be flying out of Oakland on Tues afternoon. I'm not sure how that would work out. Of course, once we're in the Murphys area and the hotel, no prob.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 590 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

MarkDaSpark wrote:Congrats to TT!

So what's the new title? Head Wrangler for Wootaholics?

That sounds about right.

Now who knows where I can find the inventor of the snooze button. He and I need to have a LONG talk.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
ThunderThighs wrote:That sounds about right.

Now who knows where I can find the inventor of the snooze button. He and I need to have a LONG talk.

15 minutes, that's the longest talk you can have with him/her.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

cortot20

quality posts: 153 Private Messages cortot20
bhodilee wrote:15 minutes, that's the longest talk you can have with him/her.

I had a room mate in college who could have a 3 hour conversation with it and sleep through its blaring alarm for long lengths of time. One of the more annoying things in my life.

CT

MarkDaSpark

cortot20 wrote:I had a room mate in college who could have a 3 hour conversation with it and sleep through its blaring alarm for long lengths of time. One of the more annoying things in my life.

Wait, you were at UCI in the 80's?????

bhodilee

cortot20 wrote:I had a room mate in college who could have a 3 hour conversation with it and sleep through its blaring alarm for long lengths of time. One of the more annoying things in my life.

I've had the same alarm since high school. It has the most aggravating buzzer known to man. I actually wake up seconds before it goes off just so I can turn it off before it actually goes off. In college, I had both alarms set. I turned off one, not the other. I came back to my dorm to find my door picked and my alarm hanging out the window blaring away. Awesome.

In retrospect, I should not have taught everyone on my floor how to pick locks. (there was an entire floor that was empty for some reason in the basement. We would pick the lock and drink down there).

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

rjquillin

quality posts: 179 Private Messages rjquillin

Pics of SoCal#25 damages up in gatherings.

CT

mommadeb1

bahwm wrote:Here's the deal: we will be arriving on Wed & have some family obligations Wed, Thurs & Fri. We will be in the Redwood City/San Mateo/Bay area much of the day Fri and then, doing the drive to the hotel sometime Sat. We will be flying out of Oakland on Tues afternoon. I'm not sure how that would work out. Of course, once we're in the Murphys area and the hotel, no prob.

thanks...thi was one of my can't sleep thoughts..

mommadeb1

Congrats!!!!

bahwm

mommadeb1 wrote:thanks...thi was one of my can't sleep thoughts..

I just checked with ddeuddeg. If you were to arrive on Sat. we could pick you up at almost any airport nearby. They really aren't all that far away from where we will be staying.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm

Congrats, TT!

bahwm

I just got my package of Vella Cheese Company Dry Monterey Jack Cheese. It was shipped on April 30th without any kind of cold packs! Did anybody else get theirs? Were there cold packs in it? I hope it's going to be ok.

rjquillin

bahwm wrote:I just got my package of Vella Cheese Company Dry Monterey Jack Cheese. It was shipped on April 30th without any kind of cold packs! Did anybody else get theirs? Were there cold packs in it? I hope it's going to be ok.

Arrived last week, two boxes, one cheese each just rattling around in the boxes. You'd have thought they could at least package them together.

Picked up on the 30th, delivered on the 2nd. If this wasn't a hard cheese I think I'd have been concerned.

CT

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

Hey all... I'm getting disturbing reports of undelivered invitations. If you think you should have got one and didn't, please PM me your address so I can get a new one out to you.

Basically, if you're in the pub on a semi regular basis and I have a reasonable knowledge of your real name and general whereabouts, you probably should have gotten one.

Definitely don't want anyone to feel slighted...you're basically all invited anyway.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

MarkDaSpark

cheron98 wrote:Hey all... I'm getting disturbing reports of undelivered invitations. If you think you should have got one and didn't, please PM me your address so I can get a new one out to you.

Basically, if you're in the pub on a semi regular basis and I have a reasonable knowledge of your real name and general whereabouts, you probably should have gotten one.

Definitely don't want anyone to feel slighted...you're basically all invited anyway.

Wait ... this isn't exclusive????

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
MarkDaSpark wrote:Wait ... this isn't exclusive????

We tried to exclude you, but somehow your address fell into the mix.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
HitAnyKey42 wrote:We tried to exclude you, but somehow your address fell into the mix.

I feel honored that you'd invite me, even if you two didn't initially recognize me.

Sorry we can't make it. Will always be looking for ways to get back to wine country.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk

I would have thought R2 wines would make an appearance last Saturday.

InFrom

quality posts: 32 Private Messages InFrom

X-posted from last week:

bhodilee wrote:Can't you just sync it to your computer and transfer that way? Sprint wants 250 for the S4 and 200 for the one. That may make my decision easy.

Did you take the plunge? I see that someone asked the same question over on Deals.

bhodilee

InFrom wrote:X-posted from last week:Did you take the plunge? I see that someone asked the same question over on Deals.

Not as of yet. I'm not in a mad rush. Samsung's marketing is slick and I like some of the gimmicky features. I might just wait til Sprint drops the price or some local place drops it as a sale. I was waiting for the S4, so I think I'll just stick with that. There's better than average odds that I'll end up with a One though. Just cause I'm a pain.

joelsisk

bhodilee wrote:Not as of yet. I'm not in a mad rush. Samsung's marketing is slick and I like some of the gimmicky features. I might just wait til Sprint drops the price or some local place drops it as a sale. I was waiting for the S4, so I think I'll just stick with that. There's better than average odds that I'll end up with a One though. Just cause I'm a pain.

Pay attention to radio shak. They often have the best deals on sprint phones... usually better than through sprint.com.

bhodilee

joelsisk wrote:Pay attention to radio shak. They often have the best deals on sprint phones... usually better than through sprint.com.

Living in Denver you don't know the Joy of NFM. They'll likely put it on sale and then offer a reward card which I'll use to buy a case.

I really can't quite figure out why I want this anyway. I don't use my phone at home, I have three tablets and two laptops that do a better job of internet. At work I use my computer. That leaves the few times I'm out and about (not much lately with two little kids).

InFrom

quality posts: 32 Private Messages InFrom
bhodilee wrote:Living in Denver you don't know the Joy of NFM. They'll likely put it on sale and then offer a reward card which I'll use to buy a case.

I really can't quite figure out why I want this anyway. I don't use my phone at home, I have three tablets and two laptops that do a better job of internet. At work I use my computer. That leaves the few times I'm out and about (not much lately with two little kids).

Except for the part about the kids, this is exactly what keeps me from upgrading from my "dumb" phone. Still rockin' the Moto of yesteryear:
Which is not to say that I don't covet some sleek, little Internet device. But I have a hard time convincing myself to go for it.

Also, there's this recent reenactment of "The French Connection", played out on and under my beloved #7 line. All this police derring-do, just to recover an iPhone.

Cesare

quality posts: 1651 Private Messages Cesare
joelsisk wrote:I would have thought R2 wines would make an appearance last Saturday.

Yes! To complete the offer it should have included some of this.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

mommadeb1

bahwm wrote:I just checked with ddeuddeg. If you were to arrive on Sat. we could pick you up at almost any airport nearby. They really aren't all that far away from where we will be staying.

thanks! That means sooo much!! I haven't even looked at which airport I should fly into.. Trying to figure out how I can do this...

mommadeb1

update on my dog....took her to the vets house and had laser treatment done on her. Kind of like the laser sports teams use.. the dog was sooo much better this morning... now she is going back downhill.... grrr.... this is sooo frustrating....

bhodilee

mommadeb1 wrote:update on my dog....took her to the vets house and had laser treatment done on her. Kind of like the laser sports teams use.. the dog was sooo much better this morning... now she is going back downhill.... grrr.... this is sooo frustrating....

Mine has a bladder infection, and he's a prick, but that has nothing to do with the bladder infection.

bahwm

mommadeb1 wrote:thanks! That means sooo much!! I haven't even looked at which airport I should fly into.. Trying to figure out how I can do this...

Oakland, San Francisco, San José in that order would probably be most convenient from a travel standpoint. Pick the one that's the best deal. Book NOW! Prices probably won't get better. Same with hotel. .

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
bahwm wrote:Oakland, San Francisco, San José in that order would probably be most convenient from a travel standpoint. Pick the one that's the best deal. Book NOW! Prices probably won't get better. Same with hotel. .

This advice goes for all of you. Except maybe those of you who can drive. But the hotel part is still true.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

joelsisk

In process of updating CT, now that the wine room has been catalogued ... 4 years worth of wine removed (~120 bottles).

Still need to add the last 4 years worth of (undrunk) wine. (~350 bottles)

I have no idea how many bottles were both acquired and drunk in that window.

I'm not sure how Mark (and others) does this without a bar code gun.

Going to attempt to upload to CT using a spreadsheet...

cortot20

quality posts: 153 Private Messages cortot20
joelsisk wrote:In process of updating CT, now that the wine room has been catalogued ... 4 years worth of wine removed (~120 bottles).

I don't think Mark actually does it. he really runs a wine shop and sells it all for maximum profits.

CT

klezman

quality posts: 127 Private Messages klezman
joelsisk wrote:In process of updating CT, now that the wine room has been catalogued ... 4 years worth of wine removed (~120 bottles).

I went through that process once and then vowed never again. So I enter stuff as soon as I click "I Want One" or the equivalent on other sites.
You can also use your cell phone camera as a bar code scanner in most cases. Although I'm not sure how that interacts with CT.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

joelsisk

klezman wrote:I went through that process once and then vowed never again. So I enter stuff as soon as I click "I Want One" or the equivalent on other sites.
You can also use your cell phone camera as a bar code scanner in most cases. Although I'm not sure how that interacts with CT.

Yeah, even just to drink it! If I had a gun on the wall of the wine room...

rjquillin

joelsisk wrote:Yeah, even just to drink it! If I had a gun on the wall of the wine room...

You have a wine room!? I want one of those.

CT

trifecta

quality posts: 73 Private Messages trifecta

I don't want to muddle up the main thread, but I just can't even consider buying Renwood after everything that went down between them and Scott Harvey.

ajrod27

quality posts: 41 Private Messages ajrod27
joelsisk wrote:I'm not sure how Mark (and others) does this without a bar code gun.

If you purchase the Cor.kz app for your phone, which is linked to CT, you can use your phone's camera as a UPC scanner; both to look up and drink bottles. Plus, CT community pricing is included!

I've been very happy with this app.