WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Everyday Drinkers

If you want to do something special, you'll need a special wine. But if you just want to have a glass on a normal day? You just need a tasty wine! Fill up on these beauties and you'll be perfectly happy. And that's all you need to make a regular day worthwhile.

Cesare

quality posts: 1586 Private Messages Cesare

Everyday Drinkers

Healdsburg Ranches 2009 North Coast Zinfandel Case
$105.99 $̶1̶5̶9̶.̶0̶0̶ 33% off List Price
2009 Healdsburg Ranches North Coast Zinfandel

Georgetown Divide 2009 Rouge Grenache 4-Pack
$39.99 $̶7̶1̶.̶0̶0̶ 44% off List Price
2009 Rouge Grenache

So Be It 2009 Pinot Noir 6-Pack
$59.99 $̶1̶3̶3̶.̶0̶0̶ 55% off List Price
2009 So Be It Pinot Noir

Mirage 2009 "Not Bad Fizzy Cabernet" Case
$87.99 $̶2̶7̶1̶.̶0̶0̶ 68% off List Price
2009 Mirage Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon, Monterey County

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

spammie

quality posts: 7 Private Messages spammie

I bought the Not Bad Fizzy Cab in December and can attest that it is, in fact, not bad.

http://wine.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5291033

I've had best results by decanting thru the Vinturi & then letting it breathe (although perhaps "burp" is more appropriate) for an hour. I've also run it thru the Vinturi twice, but I think time in the decanter helps. Sorry, no tasting notes, but I agree that it's a good everyday drinker.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus

Wasn't someone just saying how good the So Be It PN was? Maybe losthighwayz?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

losthighwayz

quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz
kylemittskus wrote:Wasn't someone just saying how good the So Be It PN was? Maybe losthighwayz?

That was me! I have a few left at home. I will open later today and post some notes.

"The older I get the better I was"

rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin
kylemittskus wrote:Wasn't someone just saying how good the So Be It PN was? Maybe losthighwayz?

CT thinks I've got some of this. I could try to find it and bring it up tomorrow. Pinot & Pasta. Kinda has a ring to it.

CT

lamcjunk

quality posts: 7 Private Messages lamcjunk
spammie wrote:I bought the Not Bad Fizzy Cab in December and can attest that it is, in fact, not bad.

Hum...we did not enjoy this wine at all...and we let it breathe. Maybe I'll open one tomorrow to get some notes on why...

jsp872

quality posts: 22 Private Messages jsp872

Thanks guys! Looking forward to seeing some notes for the Pinot

losthighwayz

Pinot in the fridge for a few minutes before opening. Will share later tonight

trifecta

quality posts: 71 Private Messages trifecta

bsevern is a pinot guy and thought So Be It was a great QPR. See previous sales for his notes. This is cheaper than previously offered as well.

I think I could be in for a split on this one.

losthighwayz

Ok no formal notes on the so be it Pinot since i was at my parents with my 2 and 5 year olds ( wife out with girlfriends). Dad said it was reallu good ( thats as deep as his notes go-though an enorsement for simple drinking peeps). my notes:

PnP cherry, vanilla nose with little noticeable alcohol. It taste a bit astringent....reminds me of saccharin or a chemical wine...not bad but not great...i do recall tuis from previous
bottles....one hour later the nose has that earthiness (damp soil) tinge to it married with dark cherry that I enjoy...reminds me of a cross between fruit forward RRV pinots and Oregon/burgundy style pinots....taste was
smoother and less chemical...if that makes sense....in sum, this is not a 40 dollar PN disguised as a 10 PN but it is leaps and bounds better than any PN id buy at the grocery store for 18-20 dollars. Great QPR so long as ur not expecting a
Flowers/woodenhead/(insert qua
Ity oregon PN here) type bottle of wine. In for SIX more!

I paid $75 for six first time around so this is a better price...a no brainer IMO

rjquillin

losthighwayz wrote:Ok no formal notes on the so be it Pinot since i was at my parents with my 2 and 5 year olds ( wife out with girlfriends). Dad said it was reallu good ( thats as deep as his notes go-though an enorsement for simple drinking peeps). my notes:

PnP cherry, vanilla nose with little noticeable alcohol. It taste a bit astringent....reminds me of saccharin or a chemical wine...not bad but not great...i do recall tuis from previous
bottles....one hour later the nose has that earthiness (damp soil) tinge to it married with dark cherry that I enjoy...reminds me of a cross between fruit forward RRV pinots and Oregon/burgundy style pinots....taste was
smoother and less chemical...if that makes sense....in sum, this is not a 40 dollar PN disguised as a 10 PN but it is leaps and bounds better than any PN id buy at the grocery store for 18-20 dollars. Great QPR so long as ur not expecting a
Flowers/woodenhead/(insert qua
Ity oregon PN here) type bottle of wine. In for SIX more!

I paid $75 for six first time around so this is a better price...a no brainer IMO

Pulled a cork this evening as well. Didn't notice the chemical elements you did, but I let it air out ~30 minutes in a glass before touching it. Earth and cherry are there, minimal alcohol and drinks above it's cost. Yes, and down from $12.50 to $10.00/btl, depending on how you do tax and shipping. Not everything goes up; this went down.

CT

greyday

quality posts: 51 Private Messages greyday

The Georgetown Divide rouge is decent to good if you like rouges. It compares pretty favorably to, say, Maynard's rouge from last year (the Arizona Stronghold mildly fizzy garbage; a shame since I really liked their table red), but in my opinion not as good as Meeker's Pink Elephant, which is to this day the best rouge I've had under $50 (and I think it averaged out to about $8/bottle?)...

Still, a nice take on the style, using grenache gives it a bit more flavor and body than you'd expect, but it still falls a bit too far into the sweet realm for an everyday drinker. Probably make an awesome adult snow cone, though!

jhkey

quality posts: 51 Private Messages jhkey

I'm always wary of $10 pinot, but the comments pushed me over the edge - that and I was really pleased with the Winter's Hill for $15. I love me some Pinot in the summer!

"I double the doctor's recommendation of a glass and a half of wine a day and even treble it with a friend."
- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

rock1717

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rock1717

The Heldsberg says it can be delivered to New Jersey, but it won't let me checkout... :Sad face:

jchasma

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jchasma

Anyone have notes on the Zin?

chipgreen

quality posts: 184 Private Messages chipgreen

I have at least some interest in every one of these wines. Did anyone ever find out who the mystery winemaker is behind the SoBeIt PN?

kabraxcis

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kabraxcis

So I'd like to order the fizzy cab, but was wondering if summer shipping would be any faster.

I'm moving on May 20th and judging from previous purchases this will definitely come past that date and I should order it to the new address, but I'd like a reply from the seller with a rough estimate for shipping dates?

chipgreen

kabraxcis wrote:So I'd like to order the fizzy cab, but was wondering if summer shipping would be any faster.

I'm moving on May 20th and judging from previous purchases this will definitely come past that date and I should order it to the new address, but I'd like a reply from the seller with a rough estimate for shipping dates?

You should have it shipped to the new adress since the current Plus deals don't end until May 10th and won't get shipped until at least 5 days after that.

lamcjunk

lamcjunk wrote:Hum...we did not enjoy the "Mirage Not Bad Fizzy Cab" at all...and we let it breathe. Maybe I'll open one tomorrow to get some notes on why...

here goes:
appearance: medium purple red
nose: rich woody nose with old French wine moldy odor. Smelly socks.
palate: fizzy is the first thing you notice. Slightly tart. No pleasant flavors. Maybe an old blackberry.

An hour later: still bubbly, flavors even worse - the smelly socks come thru on the palate.

finish: blackberry, yet nasty finish

conclusion: undrinkable. Use for cooking.

Just our two cents! Everyone has a different palate.

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 34 Private Messages fredrinaldi
lamcjunk wrote:here goes:
palate: fizzy is the first thing you notice. Slightly tart. No pleasant flavors. Maybe an old blackberry.

An hour later: still bubbly, flavors even worse - the smelly socks come thru on the palate.

Decant the wine. Shake it hard for maybe 20 seconds, repeat 3 or 4 times, and all the fiz is gone, I love this stuff and will buy another case this week.

rjquillin

lamcjunk wrote:here goes:

Brett

CT

coolchris160

quality posts: 47 Private Messages coolchris160

In regards to the Not Bad Fizzy Cab...

I remember someone on here even recommending the use of a blender to help speed up the decanting time in order to reduce and/or eliminate the fizz. Otherwise it could take 2 to 3 hours (or more) of traditional decanting before this particular wine starts to drink well. Once you get it to that point though, it's a decent wine with a great QPR.

coolchris160

quality posts: 47 Private Messages coolchris160

Oh and is there anyone in the Minneapolis area that would be interested in a split on the Pinot Noir? If so, let me know. Thanks :-)

cortot20

quality posts: 136 Private Messages cortot20

I opened up the rouge this weekend. Here's the ct entry I posted.

Wine is clear and the color of the juice in a maraschino cherry jar. I detect a small amount of smoke in the nose which is unusual in a rosé but not a ton of fruit. The predominant flavor is cherries but its a muted cherry. The wine seems almost a little tired. This type of wine is typically meant to be consumed a couple of years after release and this bottle is pushing four.
I would say its fair at the $12 price point I paid for it but won't be repurchasing.

CT

chipgreen

Tried to buy the PN but no Ohio shipping. SoBeIt.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
chipgreen wrote:Tried to buy the PN but no Ohio shipping. SoBeIt.

Still interested in any of the fizzy cab? Debating combining some with the zin port today.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

dosmilnan2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dosmilnan2

2009 Mirage Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon, Monterey County, 750ml 12-Pack.

UNDRINKABLE! DO NOT BUY.

andreaserben

quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben
dosmilnan2 wrote:2009 Mirage Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon, Monterey County, 750ml 12-Pack.

UNDRINKABLE! DO NOT BUY.

Every bottle I had was pretty good after the fizz was gone.

chipgreen

North316 wrote:Still interested in any of the fizzy cab? Debating combining some with the zin port today.

Yeah, that was my plan with the PN. I really wouldn't want more than 3-4 of the fizzy Cab but I would be willing to take 6 if 2 of them were being traded for Healdsburg Ranches Cab.

chipgreen

dosmilnan2 wrote:2009 Mirage Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon, Monterey County, 750ml 12-Pack.

UNDRINKABLE! DO NOT BUY.

If you're going to make an exclamation like that (especially in ALL CAPS) you could at least describe what it is about the wine that, to you, makes it undrinkable.

rlmanzo

quality posts: 23 Private Messages rlmanzo

Could anyone compare this to the D'ontspille? That was the best QPR pinot I've had.

Is it broke or just fractured?

fredrinaldi

chipgreen wrote:If you're going to make an exclamation like that (especially in ALL CAPS) you could at least describe what it is about the wine that, to you, makes it undrinkable.

+1

fredrinaldi

UNDRINKABLE! DO NOT BUY.

If your in So Cal, PM me and I'll take them off your hands for $2.50 each

hiten900

quality posts: 10 Private Messages hiten900

Hmm... No comments on the Zin. I think it's been on Woot before therefore the conclusion that it has not made an impact on wooters. And is the price $99.99 or $105.99?

And, lots of comments, as always, on the fizzy Cab! Some love it, some hate it! I think I’ll stay away from it.

lamcjunk

Here's the last time the Zin was offered

http://wine.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5384567&pageindex=1&replycount=19

jchasma

lamcjunk wrote:Here's the last time the Zin was offered

http://wine.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5384567&pageindex=1&replycount=19

Thank you!

jchasma

http://wine.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5229493&pageindex=1&replycount=41

Here is the link to the So Be It Pinot 2009. It helped me!

fredrinaldi

Just picked up another case of the UNDRINKABLE Cab.

cormelon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cormelon
fredrinaldi wrote:Just picked up another case of the UNDRINKABLE Cab.

Me too...wish I could afford to buy more! A little patience/decanting makes this a bargain.