cellochick

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cellochick

Hey DFW Wine Wooters! I'm BACK and ready to coordinate some fun wine dinners!

The first one is scheduled for June 15th at 6pm at Sakhuu Thai Restaurant: http://www.sakhuu.com/ There is a $1 per glass BYOB fee.

For newbies, typically each person attending brings a wine to share. Most of the wines are from Woot, but they don't have to be Woot wines.

Please RSVP by June 7th if you will be attending. I need to give the restaurant an accurate count on June 8th.

Attending (as of 6/8/13):
Cellochick + 1
JustPlainJulie + 5
UBlink + 1
SimplyVictoria
Zmanonice
Scottbeatty + 1
Jopo + 2

UBlink

quality posts: 18 Private Messages UBlink

Go ahead and add UBlink+1. Love us some Thai and some wine Wooters.

Following the eight word profile, political economy in eight words:
Ain't no free lunch - them what has gets.

cellochick

UBlink wrote:Go ahead and add UBlink+1. Love us some Thai and some wine Wooters.

I am so glad you all will be there!

zmanonice

quality posts: 21 Private Messages zmanonice

I should be able to make it. Will confirm as we get closer.

Z

cellochick

zmanonice wrote:I should be able to make it. Will confirm as we get closer.

Z

I hope you can be there Zach!

Jennifer

UBlink

Had dinner at Sakhuu tonight and it was wonderful. Look forward to a repeat visit with our wine woot friends. We brought a Pine Ridge Chenin Blanc / Viogner which went well with the food but I could see a Zin or Sangio also going well - the lovely Mrs. Blink suggested a good bubbly would also go well.

cellochick

UBlink wrote:Had dinner at Sakhuu tonight and it was wonderful. Look forward to a repeat visit with our wine woot friends. We brought a Pine Ridge Chenin Blanc / Viogner which went well with the food but I could see a Zin or Sangio also going well - the lovely Mrs. Blink suggested a good bubbly would also go well.

I'm glad you all enjoyed it! I personally think it is the best Thai food in town! Thanks for the suggestions!

Jennifer

simply_victoria

quality posts: 0 Private Messages simply_victoria
cellochick wrote:I'm glad you all enjoyed it! I personally think it is the best Thai food in town! Thanks for the suggestions!

Jennifer

I'm a newbie to get togethers but not to wine woot. I would love to join if I could.

cellochick

simply_victoria wrote:I'm a newbie to get togethers but not to wine woot. I would love to join if I could.

Absolutely! We'd be delighted to have you!

Jennifer

justplainjulie

quality posts: 5 Private Messages justplainjulie

Go ahead and add another 4 to my count. I'm recruiting some newbies!

cellochick

justplainjulie wrote:Go ahead and add another 2 to my count. I'm recruiting some newbies!

Awesome!

justplainjulie

quality posts: 5 Private Messages justplainjulie
cellochick wrote:Awesome!

Make that 4, so me + 5

zmanonice

quality posts: 21 Private Messages zmanonice
cellochick wrote:I hope you can be there Zach!

Jennifer

Confirming that I will be there. Next decision will be trying to find a Woot wine that goes with Thai. Don't have many whites so will have to think about that one.

Z

cellochick

zmanonice wrote:Confirming that I will be there. Next decision will be trying to find a Woot wine that goes with Thai. Don't have many whites so will have to think about that one.

Z

Hooray! I look forward to seeing you!

scottbeatty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scottbeatty

count me in for myself +1.

right now the plan is to bring an '06 lange twins cab and a simi dry white by round barn. maybe some homebrew, too.

woot rocks my socks.

cellochick

scottbeatty wrote:count me in for myself +1.

right now the plan is to bring an '06 lange twins cab and a simi dry white by round barn. maybe some homebrew, too.

Hooray! It has been awhile!

Jennifer

Jopo528

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jopo528

Hey y'all! I'm so excited about this and I'm sorry I'm responding at the last minute. It's been crazy here, Kurt just graduated nursing school and started a job at the hospital so it's been tough working around his schedule and figuring out when he works and such; and I just accepted a job at the hospital, so figuring out my training schedule too has been a challenge. But....we're going to be able to make it!! Me, Kurt, and our friend Yvonne. She's a maybe (she's scheduled to work, but trying to get her shifts covered), but Kurt & I are definite. So excited to see y'all!

So, if I have no wine but am going to procure it I would say: I ain't got none y'all but I'm fixin' to. ? ~ Bowtie

cellochick

Jopo528 wrote:Hey y'all! I'm so excited about this and I'm sorry I'm responding at the last minute. It's been crazy here, Kurt just graduated nursing school and started a job at the hospital so it's been tough working around his schedule and figuring out when he works and such; and I just accepted a job at the hospital, so figuring out my training schedule too has been a challenge. But....we're going to be able to make it!! Me, Kurt, and our friend Yvonne. She's a maybe (she's scheduled to work, but trying to get her shifts covered), but Kurt & I are definite. So excited to see y'all!

Awesome! I am so glad you all will be there!

Jennifer

cellochick

Reservations have been made for 17 crazy Wine Wooters! I'm looking forward to seeing everyone for a fun evening!

Jennifer

Jopo528

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jopo528

Sorry this is short notice, but we're not going to be able to make it. I haven't been feeling so great, and I'm not up for the 4 hour car ride. Thought maybe I'd be ok today, but I'm not. Y'all have fun and hopefully there will be another gathering soon!

So, if I have no wine but am going to procure it I would say: I ain't got none y'all but I'm fixin' to. ? ~ Bowtie

UBlink

Thanks again to cellochick for organizing this event. And special thanks to the staff at Sakhuu Thai for making the meal enjoyable. Look forward to the next event.

cellochick

I had such a great time seeing everyone and sharing some wonderful wine! Thank you Wine Woot for the box of goodies! I am looking forward to next time!