$69.99 $̶1̶4̶5̶.̶0̶0̶ 52% off List Price
1 2009 Cabernet Sauvignon, Dry Creek Valley
2 2010 Syrah, Dry Creek Valley
CT links above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

jrdnmiller

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jrdnmiller

Does anyone know anything about this? Can't find any notes on ct...

chipgreen

quality posts: 197 Private Messages chipgreen

I saw "Inspiration Vineyards Mixed Reds" and knew instantly that it was an autobuy for Jon's Zinfandel alone. Then I noticed there was no Zinfandel.

loveladyelectric

quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric
jrdnmiller wrote:Does anyone know anything about this? Can't find any notes on ct...

Something tells me Kyle might have tried this.

cortot20

quality posts: 152 Private Messages cortot20

I would normally be all over this but me no likey the pricey. Unfortunate pass for me.

CT

moondigger

quality posts: 11 Private Messages moondigger
jrdnmiller wrote:Does anyone know anything about this? Can't find any notes on ct...

These are new releases/vintages.

I just took delivery a few days ago of three different wines from Inspiration Vineyards' "Tax Break" sale (2008 Zin, 2009 Viognier & 2009 Sauvignon Blanc), but haven't had a chance to try any of them. Now two different varietals pop up on Woot from the same winemaker. Looks interesting, but if I don't start complying with my SIWBM, SWMBO will kill me.

mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber

Jon,
Good to see your juice make an appearance.

Anyone on the fence; Jon consistently makes good juice and he's always improving his craft. I can't speak for the pricing, but I have no doubt these will be very good wines...

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

moondigger

quality posts: 11 Private Messages moondigger
cortot20 wrote:I would normally be all over this but me no likey the pricey. Unfortunate pass for me.

The shipped price for these three bottles on woot is significantly lower than the shipped price for the same three bottles from the winery store. However it's still more than $27 per bottle for wines I've never tried before.

That makes it easier to stick to my SIWBM.

andreaserben

quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben
moondigger wrote:However it's still more than $27 per bottle for wines I've never tried before.

That makes it easier to stick to my SIWBM.

+1
(hoping for some affordable R. Merlo or McClean juice, especially for the bargain McClean Syrah/Viognier blend coming up again)

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fredrinaldi

the cab's the best, good stuff

eluofthenine

quality posts: 8 Private Messages eluofthenine

A long lost pal of mine happened upon a bottle of the Syrah recently, and I was able to get some notes on it.

Immediately upon opening and within the first 10 minutes, the nose shows sweet blueberries, cedar, and a slight herbal component. Maybe rosemary? The palate has a crisp acidity that I didn't expect (maybe due to bottle shock since it only had a day and a half to rest), cocoa and coffee notes, and young blueberries and blackberries. "Tart" is what I have noted about the fruit.

After about 30-40 min the nose is showing gingerbread spice framing a core of more ripe smelling blueberries and blackberries. The candied notes have gone away. Also shows Cedar and sweet tobacco. The wine is dark, inky, and opaque with garnet edges. More red than I expected, as I usually think of purple when I think Syrah. It has a weighty mouthfeel that is satisfying and a silky smooth entry. It shows the blue and black fruit with the tartness less apparent, slight spice, hints of coffee and sweet chocolate, and maybe vanilla. I wrote "fruit for days" in my notes. Grippy tannins on the mid palate are balanced out by a bit of zingy acid that has subsided a bit since opening. Tannins are surprisingly more refined and integrated than I had expected (less rough/bitter/young seeming). The acid in the wine really helps to tie it all together for me. Lingering 15+ sec finish focuses on the blueberry core that seems to define the wine. Also spice and acid.

Overall, I would call this a fruit dominant wine that has a very pleasurable balance. Would go great with food I'd imagine. Something about this wine screams Zin to me as well, which was interesting. I wrote, "vanilla?" a bunch. I'm not sure if it was the vanilla or the acid profile that was calling out Zin to me, but it's kinda like a blueberry spice Zin in some ways. It's not as chewy/meaty of a wine as I am used to in a Syrah, more fruity/zingy; which is refreshing and different.

I really enjoyed this wine, and although it was not perfectly suited to my tastes in Syrah, I could tell that it was well made stuff. A pleasure to sit down with.

tdedek

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdedek

I just sampled a bottle of the 2009 Inspiration [MOD: Cabernet Sauvignon] the other night. Some detailed notes:

Pnp - Ruby colored with purple core. Very alcoholic nose and astringent. Will let this sit for a bit.

15 mins - Picking up some spice, cocoa and black cherry on the nose. Still hot on entry and nose. Blackberries and dark chocolate on the palate. Things are starting to open up and this is improving.

1 hour+ - I am starting to pick up something floral on the nose in addition cocoa and black cherry. Still some heat on the nose and palate. Blackberry, chocolate and a slight amount of licorice with a medium + finish. Good acidity and medium+ in body. Still constantly improving with air. Seems like everything is trying to come together. This would go great with some pasta at this point, which prompts me to throw some leftovers from the weekend in the microwave. Yum. After dinner, I sealed the second half or so of the bottle with a vacu vin and stuck it in the fridge overnight.

Day 2 - Catching whiffs of pure black cherry and mocha, some anise. No noticeable heat on nose or palate. I've lost whatever floral note I experienced on Day 1. Very easy on the entry, cherries, blackberries and chocolate. Medium+ finish. Everything is well integrated, maintaining the body and acidity from Day 1. Compare this to yesterday and I would consider Day 1 to be disjointed, needing air and time to open up. This really got going on Day 2.

Conclusion - IMO, this could use some more time in the bottle. With the amount of air time needed and the transformation overnight, I would allow this some time to settle and integrate in the bottle before opening another. This is a well made Cab that is medium in body and easy to drink after given enough time to breathe. After hearing a lot about them, this was my first opportunity to try something from Jon at Inspiration Vineyards and this bottle has me interested. This went well with food on Day 1 but wouldn't have been my first choice to drink by itself. On Day 2, this becomes more versatile and was also wonderful to drink on it's own. I did only allow this to breathe in the bottle - a decant may have helped this open up more quickly on Day 1.

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee

I recently drank the Inspiration 2010 Syrah, Dry Creek Valley, and by recently drank, I mean over the last three days. It was kind of a wild ride. First off, with a name like Inspiration I felt that maybe I should list all the things this wine inspired me to do. Here’s that list:

1)Look at the bottle. I don’t usually pay much attention to the bottle. I’m more interested in what is IN the bottle than on it, and there’s a lot going on in this bottle of wine. There is also a lot going on, ON this bottle of wine. It has a QR code. I’ve not seen that before. Usually, when I open a bottle of wine it’s more like: “maintain Bowtie, cut the foil, get the cork out quickly but don’t spill any. The DT’s are coming and sweet molasses marinated muskrat nobody wants that again.” *pop* “SWEET MERCIFUL MANATEE, BEGONE DEMONS!” followed by weeping. So to actually look at the bottle was kind of a new thing for me.

2)Exercise. Then I remembered what happened the last time I attempted to exercise while drinking. We won’t go into details, but there may have been an exorcism (which is similar to exercise, but varies in a few keys ways).

3)Paint happy little trees, which turned out to be more like the haunted forest of doom. My neighbor is gonna be PISSED when he wakes up and realizes I used his car as a canvas.

4)Reflect on why maybe I shouldn’t drink. This didn’t last long.

5)Craft a detailed strategy for the extermination of every garden gnome in my neighborhood. I distrust garden gnomes, they creep me out. When I was a kid we would refer to any house that had more than one lawn ornament as a “Jehovah house.” In retrospect, Jehovah Witnesses are probably the least likely to have Lawn Ornaments. In further retrospect, I was a stupid kid.

So, enough about me. No no, don’t be sad. I’m always around and fairly approachable. Wait, what? Why can’t you quit me? Because I’m chock full of awesome that’s why. Also, please don’t quote Brokeback Mountain. It makes me sad to reminisce on Heath. Odd quirk, Heath was in Brokeback with Jake Gyllenhal and then in Batman with Maggie Gyllenhaal (who absolutely RUINED that movie). Then, to tie it full circle, Bane broke Batman’s back in the last Batman movie. What does that have to do with Kevin Bacon? Not a damn thing, but if you didn’t watch The Following, you missed out; it was a pretty good show. Which led me to ponder, why is it that Fox the TV channel has some of the craziest, darkest, least PC shows on air, yet FoxNews is FoxNews? It’s like the Fox Entertainment empire is schizophrenic, or maybe it’s a strategy, maybe they’re crazy as a..... nah. You should have also watched Vikings on History Channel. a house landed on all of you who missed out. Was I doing something? I don’t remember? Oh right, wine.

Tasting notes for the 2010 Syrah, Dry Creek Valley

Okay, so this wine basically has three stages, kind of like life, so we’ll discuss them as such.

Day One) Infancy: Upon initial PnP (dynamite), the nose is closed, you can smell the 15.6% alcohol content but it blows off after a minute. The nose smells of.....Honey? Maple Syrup? What the hell is going on here? This is a Syrah damnit, there should be no Honey or Maple Syrup on the nose, yet there it is. I should look up the blend here and see if they blended a little Viognier in it (Tin Man’s note: they did!). Lovely nose, but unless you’re Cyrano De Bergerac that’s only half the tale. On the palate, you can get some hints of blackberry, lots of pepper on the finish and not a lot else. Conclusion: this wine is still learning to crawl.

Day Two) Midlife Crisis: This has turned into a Hot Mess. And by hot I mean about the only thing I’m getting is heat. This wine just went out, bought a sports car, a motorcycle, a 23 year old Swedish Hooker, quit its job and opened a restaurant. Discombobulated is the most fun word in the entire English language to say, and it’s fitting here. It’s just a trainwreck at this point. Conclusion: This wine just wrapped its new sports car around a pole.

Day Three) Retirement: Finally! this wine has calmed down, opened up and is ready to enjoy life. All that hard work has paid off and so has this wine. The honey is back on the nose, it’s very pleasing. On the palate blackberries are fairly exploding on my tongue, nice black pepper bite on the finish, tannic jab in the face, everything I love from a Syrah. This is a high quality Syrah with a lot of aging potential. The fact that it took THREE DAYS to come around should tell you something. Most wines are flabby and done by day three, this one is great and maybe would have made a day four, but it never stood a chance. My first sip (tiny pour, always tiny pours at first to judge if it’s ready) told me everything I needed to know, and what it told me was. You’re gonna kill off the last ¾ of this bottle in the next hour.

Conclusion: A wild ride of a Syrah. A 2010 powerhouse that I wouldn’t even DREAM of opening until 2015 at the earliest. If you have a Vinturi, a Soiree, or lots of time to decant, you can probably drink now, but I’m telling you, it isn’t ready for you yet. Actually, you’re not ready for it yet. If you have the space and patience you should buy this without a doubt. It was the best wine I drank in the month of April and possibly of 2013. I just had to wait for it to be ready. But when it was ready man could she get down. I hate points and scales but if someone else who liked them wanted a number I’d say: get your own damn bottle and give it a number you lazy bastard, I can’t do everything for you!

Seriously, this wine is way too young, but is outstanding once it comes together. I’d happily pay between $40-$50 for it (you know, if I had the kind of disposable income where spending $40-$50 on a bottle of wine wasn’t a big deal). At this price you should be clicking the button, which will likely bounce, or glow, or whatever the hell it does now. Hey if nothing else, multiple bottles of wine will make your cart heavier and hurt more when you use it to accidently smash into the Achilles tendon of the douchebunny in front of you waiting to checkout.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

edlada

quality posts: 5 Private Messages edlada
bhodilee wrote:I recently drank the Inspiration 2010 Syrah, Dry Creek Valley, and by recently drank, I mean over the last three days. It was kind of a wild ride. First off, with a name like Inspiration I felt that maybe I should list all the things this wine inspired me to do. Here’s that list:

1)Look at the bottle. I don’t usually pay much attention to the bottle. I’m more interested in what is IN the bottle than on it, and there’s a lot going on in this bottle of wine. There is also a lot going on, ON this bottle of wine. It has a QR code. I’ve not seen that before. Usually, when I open a bottle of wine it’s more like: “maintain Bowtie, cut the foil, get the cork out quickly but don’t spill any. The DT’s are coming and sweet molasses marinated muskrat nobody wants that again.” *pop* “SWEET MERCIFUL MANATEE, BEGONE DEMONS!” followed by weeping. So to actually look at the bottle was kind of a new thing for me.

2)Exercise. Then I remembered what happened the last time I attempted to exercise while drinking. We won’t go into details, but there may have been an exorcism (which is similar to exercise, but varies in a few keys ways).

3)Paint happy little trees, which turned out to be more like the haunted forest of doom. My neighbor is gonna be PISSED when he wakes up and realizes I used his car as a canvas.

5)Craft a detailed strategy for the extermination of every garden gnome in my neighborhood. I distrust garden gnomes, they creep me out. When I was a kid we would refer to any house that had more than one lawn ornament as a “Jehovah house.” In retrospect, Jehovah Witnesses are probably the least likely to have Lawn Ornaments. In further retrospect, I was a stupid kid.

So, enough about me. No no, don’t be sad. I’m always around and fairly approachable. Wait, what? Why can’t you quit me? Because I’m chock full of awesome that’s why. Also, please don’t quote Brokeback Mountain. It makes me sad to reminisce on Heath. Odd quirk, Heath was in Brokeback with Jake Gyllenhal and then in Batman with Maggie Gyllenhaal (who absolutely RUINED that movie). Then, to tie it full circle, Bane broke Batman’s back in the last Batman movie. What does that have to do with Kevin Bacon? Not a damn thing, but if you didn’t watch The Following, you missed out; it was a pretty good show. Which led me to ponder, why is it that Fox the TV channel has some of the craziest, darkest, least PC shows on air, yet FoxNews is FoxNews? It’s like the Fox Entertainment empire is schizophrenic, or maybe it’s a strategy, maybe they’re crazy as a..... nah. You should have also watched Vikings on History Channel. a house landed on all of you who missed out. Was I doing something? I don’t remember? Oh right, wine.

Okay, so this wine basically has three stages, kind of like life, so we’ll discuss them as such.

Day One) Infancy: Upon initial PnP (dynamite), the nose is closed, you can smell the 15.6% alcohol content but it blows off after a minute. The nose smells of.....Honey? Maple Syrup? What the hell is going on here? This is a Syrah damnit, there should be no Honey or Maple Syrup on the nose, yet there it is. I should look up the blend here and see if they blended a little Viognier in it (Tin Man’s note: they did!). Lovely nose, but unless you’re Cyrano De Bergerac that’s only half the tale. On the palate, you can get some hints of blackberry, lots of pepper on the finish and not a lot else. Conclusion: this wine is still learning to crawl.

Day Two) Midlife Crisis: This has turned into a Hot Mess. And by hot I mean about the only thing I’m getting is heat. This wine just went out, bought a sports car, a motorcycle, a 23 year old Swedish Hooker, quit its job and opened a restaurant. Discombobulated is the most fun word in the entire English language to say, and it’s fitting here. It’s just a trainwreck at this point. Conclusion: This wine just wrapped its new sports car around a pole.

Day Three) Retirement: Finally! this wine has calmed down, opened up and is ready to enjoy life. All that hard work has paid off and so has this wine. The honey is back on the nose, it’s very pleasing. On the palate blackberries are fairly exploding on my tongue, nice black pepper bite on the finish, tannic jab in the face, everything I love from a Syrah. This is a high quality Syrah with a lot of aging potential. The fact that it took THREE DAYS to come around should tell you something. Most wines are flabby and done by day three, this one is great and maybe would have made a day four, but it never stood a chance. My first sip (tiny pour, always tiny pours at first to judge if it’s ready) told me everything I needed to know, and what it told me was. You’re gonna kill off the last ¾ of this bottle in the next hour.

Conclusion: A wild ride of a Syrah. A 2010 powerhouse that I wouldn’t even DREAM of opening until 2015 at the earliest. If you have a Vinturi, a Soiree, or lots of time to decant, you can probably drink now, but I’m telling you, it isn’t ready for you yet. Actually, you’re not ready for it yet. If you have the space and patience you should buy this without a doubt. It was the best wine I drank in the month of April and possibly of 2013. I just had to wait for it to be ready. But when it was ready man could she get down. I hate points and scales but if someone else who liked them wanted a number I’d say: get your own damn bottle and give it a number you lazy bastard, I can’t do everything for you!

Seriously, this wine is way too young, but is outstanding once it comes together. I’d happily pay between $40-$50 for it (you know, if I had the kind of disposable income where spending $40-$50 on a bottle of wine wasn’t a big deal). At this price you should be clicking the button, which will likely bounce, or glow, or whatever the hell it does now. Hey if nothing else, multiple bottles of wine will make your cart heavier and hurt more when you use it to accidently smash into the Achilles tendon of the douchebunny in front of you waiting to checkout.

Oh my. Probably the most entertaining report I have ever read on wine.woot and I have been here since its inception.

My dogs like me, that is important.

eluofthenine

quality posts: 8 Private Messages eluofthenine

A quick note on the QR code: it threw an error when I tried to scan it on my iPhone app. It took me to the winery website but there was nothing there but a redirect message. Just an FYI to the producer, no biggie.

bhodilee

eluofthenine wrote:A quick note on the QR code: it threw an error when I tried to scan it on my iPhone app. It took me to the winery website but there was nothing there but a redirect message. Just an FYI to the producer, no biggie.

or maybe it's cause you used an iPhone!

LET THE SMARTPHONE WARS BEGIN! but not in this thread, that would be inappropriate

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus

I drank the 09 CS recently with some friends. I have no idea how I got the bottle. Weird, huh?

Short version: it is clear that this wine needs some more time. It's very young at this point. However, it is quite delicious after some air and I think that it is going to piece itself together quite nicely.

Long version: on the PnP, the nose was quite alcoholic and I detected a strong presence of what I called menthol/eucalyptus at the time. I'm not sure I'm comfortable with "licorice" as others have mentioned, but perhaps. On the palate, the menthol note is very present along with some alcohol burn. However, both of those were secondary in my mind to the word that I kept repeating: "bright." This wine is so bright on the palate. The acid is really, really nice and clean. Upon the PnP, none of us (4 total) enjoyed the wine very much.

After about 15 minutes, we returned and found it much better. The menthol note calmed down a lot and the wine opened up. Again, bright, sour red fruits, the alcohol burn subsided a bit, and the finish was long and pleasant. I detected a hint of sweetness at the mid-palate, although it may not be RS, just nice fruit. It was identified blind by my friend as a CS, although I would not put this in the "classic" CS category. It's not a fruit bomb, either. It's just far brighter, more lively that a traditional, dark-fruited, tobacco-tinged CS. I guessed a price point of $30 here on wine.woot and would say it's worth that price.

My notes aren't very detailed because when I returned to fill my glass, the bottle was gone (we had added another person, making 5 of us total). This may seem like a strange pairing suggestion for a CS, but I think this wine would pair really nicely with a red sauce and some pasta and sausage/meat balls. A hearty steak may overwhelm the wine at this point, although the acid is certainly there (I tend to like darker, more brooding wines with steak).

I'm always around if you want any more info.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

btphillips

quality posts: 4 Private Messages btphillips

Anyone under a SIWBM should consider the following quote as it will leave more wine for me:

She-who-must-be-obeyed, the Queen of Death, the White Goddess who rules her kingdom with terror, She is the very image of the Femme Fatale. To disobey her or to scorn her is to earn & receive instantaneous death. For a man, to look upon her face is to fall hopelessly & vainly into madness.

bhodilee

btphillips wrote:Anyone under a SIWBM should consider the following quote as it will leave more wine for me:

She-who-must-be-obeyed, the Queen of Death, the White Goddess who rules her kingdom with terror, She is the very image of the Femme Fatale. To disobey her or to scorn her is to earn & receive instantaneous death. For a man, to look upon her face is to fall hopelessly & vainly into madness.

what if you're already mad and vain?

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
bhodilee wrote:I’m chock full of awesome

Those are the exact words I was going to use, but you beat me to it.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

neilfindswine

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

....always good to see Inspiration here. I just spoke to Jon; he's 'on the road in Illinois' but will be in front of a computer in about an hour, and is eager to say hello....

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

btphillips

quality posts: 4 Private Messages btphillips
neilfindswine wrote:....always good to see Inspiration here. I just spoke to Jon; he's 'on the road in Illinois' but will be in front of a computer in about an hour, and is eager to say hello....

Great! Jon, a couple of the reviews here mention evolution of both the cab and the syrah over a few days. To me that sounds like advice to cellar both of these for a few years. I notice you mention to decant the syrah if you want to drink soon, but would you recommend cellaring the cab as a necessity?

bhodilee

btphillips wrote:Great! Jon, a couple of the reviews here mention evolution of both the cab and the syrah over a few days. To me that sounds like advice to cellar both of these for a few years. I notice you mention to decant the syrah if you want to drink soon, but would you recommend cellaring the cab as a necessity?

I would under no circumstances open the Syrah this calendar year and I'd only open one next year to see how it's doing. Can't speak to the cab.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
btphillips wrote:Great! Jon, a couple of the reviews here mention evolution of both the cab and the syrah over a few days. To me that sounds like advice to cellar both of these for a few years. I notice you mention to decant the syrah if you want to drink soon, but would you recommend cellaring the cab as a necessity?

Cellar the cab for at least 2 years.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

twstdvn

quality posts: 72 Private Messages twstdvn

Hi all, Jon here - a big thank you for all of the comments so far, it's nice to be back on WOOT!

Before I begin - a big thanks to Kylemittskus & tdedek for your observations about my Cab and to eluofthenine & bhodilee for your observations about my Syrah. I would agree with others that bhodilee's post was also extremely entertaining!

A quick Hi to mschauber - it's great to be back!

And moondigger, if you have any doubts, keep in mind these are wines made in very small lots and will likely be completely sold out from the winery by next spring - so you may need to push the button because you're buying history!

Regarding both wines - good call to eluofthenine regarding the QR codes. Neil was nagging me up to press time to get him my tech sheets and I just haven't had time to post them up to the internet to work with the QR code. Of course, if you still can't pull the file down by Friday, you may want to have your iPhone inspected since I'll be testing with my Droid... ;)

That said - both wines were just released on March 1st. They are both quite young and will require some time to come together in the bottle before they are showing their best. I really appreciate the thoughtful remarks by the panel, because I think you believe what I believe - lots of potential and solid wines that will age nicely. Acid is also one of my signatures because it's what allows you to pair with food and is what holds a wine together while it's aging.

The cab is just a baby - although it's a 2009 and spent 3 years in barrel, that's the way I make them. In another 6 months it will start to become a toddler as the tannins integrate further and the wine because silky smooth. What's great about this wine is that it has a solid 100% CS backbone.

The Syrah is also just a baby with 2 years of aging before bottling and it will likely have more tannin than the cab, holding up to bigger, fattier foods like a juicy rich steak.

Last night, at the winemaker dinner I was at, we paired my Rhone red blend with lamb chops - I'd say that our Syrah would also pair nicely with lamb, just as our Rhone blend did.

I welcome everyone's comments and will try to check-in throughout the day. As Neil mentioned, I'm on the road doing wine sales and wine events in Illinois this week and will need to take off in a few hours for Chicago where I have a private dinner planned with some Inspiration customers. Thanks again to everyone here for your continued support!

sdbcmr

quality posts: 16 Private Messages sdbcmr

We've greatly enjoyed Inspiration's PN (2008), which we bought a while back at about $19 a pop.

That was a steal. But on the basis of that wine, if our racks weren't full - with a couple of cases on the floor - I wouldn't hesitate to spend $25 a bottle to try these, and would probably go in for more than just the three.

Alas.

twstdvn

quality posts: 72 Private Messages twstdvn
sdbcmr wrote:We've greatly enjoyed Inspiration's PN (2008), which we bought a while back at about $19 a pop.

That was a steal. But on the basis of that wine, if our racks weren't full - with a couple of cases on the floor - I wouldn't hesitate to spend $25 a bottle to try these, and would probably go in for more than just the three.

Alas.

Thanks tons!

kaolis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages kaolis
bhodilee wrote:I recently drank the Inspiration 2010 Syrah, Dry Creek Valley, and by recently drank, I mean over the last three days. It was kind of a wild ride. First off, with a name like Inspiration I felt that maybe I should list all the things this wine inspired me to do. Here’s that list:

Really? looking for the damn rolling eyes emoticon....

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod
twstdvn wrote: Acid is also one of my signatures because it's what allows you to pair with food and is what holds a wine together while it's aging.

Also might keep things fun and colourful for a while