MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
cortot20 wrote:I have limited storage and no room to expand in my small hot house. And I am to frugal to pay for off site storage. So my built in storage 70 bottle storage limit causes me to drink stuff faster or just not buy. Works well for me.

Uh huh. That and the fact you know me. And now zTimBz and Rj.

Edit: Me!!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

chemvictim wrote:Are you drunk?

I never get letters as entertaining as this one. And no, I'm not drunk.

"Does a patent application have to come with some sort of pop-up book?" That would be lovely, actually.

Course, after reading the letter & blog, I now want to know if the patents listed by the Examiner were indeed, pertinent and valid towards the application!

Edit: And I love some of the comments where they don't seem to realize that the hose conduit is the third leg.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
MarkDaSpark wrote:Course, after reading the letter & blog, I now want to know if the patents listed by the Examiner were indeed, pertinent and valid towards the application!

Edit: And I love some of the comments where they don't seem to realize that the hose conduit is the third leg.

I took a quick look at the rejection and it seemed reasonable to me, but then I do chemical stuff. There are no legs involved.

cortot20

quality posts: 153 Private Messages cortot20
MarkDaSpark wrote:Uh huh. That and the fact you know me. And now zTimBz and Rj.

Edit: Me!!

Feel free to put me in the will.

CT

klezman

quality posts: 127 Private Messages klezman
rjquillin wrote:got the "golden ticket" for this as well, yes, they really do exist, but the timing was the absolute worst. It arrived at FedEx after I could pick it up yesterday as house de-tenting was in progress. Picked it up today at 07:30 on the way to work. Gonna be a dry-lab review for the pot and contents; kinda sucks, really like to do better no matter the product.

Yes, my very first Labrat experience included an actual golden ticket. That was when there was an actual Labrat program, though.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

rjquillin

quality posts: 179 Private Messages rjquillin
klezman wrote:Yes, my very first Labrat experience included an actual golden ticket. That was when there was an actual Labrat program, though.

but I did get the dry-lab-rat report up before it closed!

CT

zTimothyBz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz
polarbear22 wrote:If this should happen again in RI, or environs, let me know. I can help out. And if they had more Corison than what you were taking, I would be very quick to get my hands in.

Sorry for your loss.

Oh well, it's not like I'm running short of wine.

I believe they have a couple cases of the 2002 Corison Napa Cab.

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

rjquillin

Glad the week is nearly over.
Tenting, finished.
Refi, finished, proceeds in hand.
Duke, empty; what's next?
Re-roofing, scheduled for next week.
Solar PV installation, 9.76kW system scheduled for next week in coordination with the roofer.
Friday, inhale, exhale.
Saturday, pasta at zTimBz's!
[edit]Found some 2001 Ty Merlot left, ahhhh.

CT

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Charity Request

I will be riding in the MS Bike Ride on June 2. Plan is for 100 miles this year. Wooters have been a great support for my fundraising for the National MS Society. Some have already made donations before I put this request out.

Most of us know a friend or family member with MS, or someone dealing with a family member with MS. It is a tough disease. And the National MS Society is working to find a cure, and support those with MS currently. Their goal is for no one to be diagnosed with MS again.

Click the link in my signature to make a donation.

Thanks for your consideration and support.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

InFrom

quality posts: 32 Private Messages InFrom
rjquillin wrote:Glad the week is nearly over.
Tenting, finished.
Solar PV installation, 9.76kW system scheduled for next week in coordination with the roofer.
Friday, inhale, exhale.

Wow, along with all that, you managed to post a labrat review and compose poetry? I'm truly impressed. Pubsters, that review is must reading!

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

I was told before that we need to be subtle about the new labrat program, but that it might be just for wine. I did not mean to be too subtle, I just FIRE! to get in trouble.

joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk

I'll get on the "vote for my pic in a contest" bandwagon.

go here and vote for the picture with good color and great composition.

Be sure you are voting for the "girl and her dog out for a walk" photo.

MarkDaSpark

joelsisk wrote:I'll get on the "vote for my pic in a contest" bandwagon.

go here and vote for the picture with good color and great composition.

Be sure you are voting for the "girl and her dog out for a walk" photo.

14, but I voted via FB.

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee

HTC One or Galaxy S4? This is the choice I will be making this month and it's almost as stressful as redoing my kitchen. That's pretty simple. Yes dear, I don't care what color cabinets you pick or floor, I just want my appliances.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
bhodilee wrote:HTC One or Galaxy S4? This is the choice I will be making this month and it's almost as stressful as redoing my kitchen. That's pretty simple. Yes dear, I don't care what color cabinets you pick or floor, I just want my appliances.

So, how do you like your pink kitchen?

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

joelsisk

bhodilee wrote:HTC One or Galaxy S4? This is the choice I will be making this month and it's almost as stressful as redoing my kitchen. That's pretty simple. Yes dear, I don't care what color cabinets you pick or floor, I just want my appliances.

some links for you
https://plus.google.com/u/0/115134242395508965886/posts/CgcsLTooHpp
http://money.cnn.com/gallery/technology/mobile/2013/05/02/galaxy-s4-htc-one/index.html
http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/review/2265733/samsung-galaxy-s4-vs-htc-one-head-to-head-review

and that's all I feel like doing for you

joelsisk

So, last night I finally got around to going through the roughly 12 cases of wine in boxes on the floor of the wine room. Now, the wall is full again and there are only 3 cases of wine in boxes on the floor.

Total is "only" about 430 bottles +/- 10

and the collateral

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
joelsisk wrote:So, last night I finally got around to going through the roughly 12 cases of wine in boxes on the floor of the wine room. Now, the wall is full again and there are only 3 cases of wine in boxes on the floor.
Total is "only" about 430 bottles +/- 10

and the collateral

Where's the wood box?!?!

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
polarbear22 wrote:And if they had more Corison than what you were taking, I would be very quick to get my hands in.

Ditto.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
otolith wrote:Where's the wood box?!?!

And what Chase is that? Mmmmm!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

joelsisk

otolith wrote:Where's the wood box?!?!

the wooden Wine.Woot polyphemous (sp?) boxes are behind the sake.

All the high end, Corison, BV GdlT, some Barolos and others are in the 45-bottle subzero wine fridge upstairs.

joelsisk

kylemittskus wrote:And what Chase is that? Mmmmm!

Um... got it on wine.woot. 2004 & 2005 Hayne vineyard zins... I believe.

Got the room organized, now to finish the actual inventory.

polarbear22

joelsisk wrote:Um... got it on wine.woot. 2004 & 2005 Hayne vineyard zins... I believe.

They were great. Sorry to say, mine are all gone.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
My Cellar

MarkDaSpark

joelsisk wrote:some links for you
https://plus.google.com/u/0/115134242395508965886/posts/CgcsLTooHpp
http://money.cnn.com/gallery/technology/mobile/2013/05/02/galaxy-s4-htc-one/index.html
http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/review/2265733/samsung-galaxy-s4-vs-htc-one-head-to-head-review

and that's all I feel like doing for you

It's funny how some reviewers can slant things. The 2nd review slanted it to the HTC, especially on the camera by calling it a draw, whereas the 3rd one gave that to the S4. And strange how one gave performance (with one benchmark set) to one, and the other review gave it to the other via a different benchmark.

Of course neither one really did a good job of an objective evaluation. Especially since they weighted each factor the same, it would appear anyway.

Edit: Doesn't the HTC One have the speakers on the front? Because that should have been one of the big points for it.

MarkDaSpark

polarbear22 wrote:They were great. Sorry to say, mine are all gone.

Mine aren't, but they were tasty at last month's SoCal gathering at TyTiger's.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
rjquillin wrote:but I did get the dry-lab-rat report up before it closed!

very impressive!!

mommadeb1

rjquillin wrote:Glad the week is nearly over.
Tenting, finished.
Friday, inhale, exhale.

we have solar... don't know the specs..... but it was great to see our electric bill drop so dramatically...

mommadeb1

tiger7610 wrote:I was told before that we need to be subtle about the new labrat program, but that it might be just for wine. I did not mean to be too subtle, I just FIRE! to get in trouble.

I too was under the impression that we were to be subtle abut the "non existent" labrat program... which is why I didn't say anything....oh well

mommadeb1

I have the Razar Max HD and am very happy with it...it has KILLER battery life!

mommadeb1

joelsisk wrote:Um... got it on wine.woot. 2004 & 2005 Hayne vineyard zins... I believe.

Oh My! Flying Guards!! I want a wine room like yours!!

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
joelsisk wrote:the wooden Wine.Woot polyphemous (sp?) boxes are behind the sake.

All the high end, Corison, BV GdlT, some Barolos and others are in the 45-bottle subzero wine fridge upstairs.

No Corison box? That's what I was alluding to.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

rjquillin

mommadeb1 wrote:we have solar... don't know the specs..... but it was great to see our electric bill drop so dramatically...

That's encouraging, because I want to pump more water and that costs $$ for the kWh to do it.

CT

mommadeb1

rjquillin wrote:That's encouraging, because I want to pump more water and that costs $$ for the kWh to do it.

well, we do have a well plus a ton of things that are energy hogs.. pool etc... we went from over 400+ a month to 100+. but we also didn't run the heat at all. should be interesting to see what the bill is now that we have had to run the air....

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
coynedj wrote:While this was posted by one person, I think it might be muttered under our breaths by a lot more. I know that I'm one, and I even live in a no-ship state (thank you, my wootleggers!). I did manage to get my stash below 300 bottles, but it's back above and not even close any more - no buying for me until 2017!

Yeah, right.

Weddings do wonders for helping you stick to not buying wine.

Speaking of which, my email has been shockingly lacking in responses. Are y'all waiting for a thread or something?

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

Sadly I must decline the awesome wootcepion event with a very heavy heart. Its too close to the beginning of the year, and I'm already travelling in august. Everyone else should go and try to get Sparky to bring his stash and drink it down.

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
cheron98 wrote:Weddings do wonders for helping you stick to not buying wine.

Speaking of which, my email has been shockingly lacking in responses. Are y'all waiting for a thread or something?

I'm planning on coming. Gotta find the invite so I could find the email address to rsvp to. On that note, where will people be staying?

MarkDaSpark

No, not at all!

polarbear22

Waiting with a little hope that I won't have to say "no". Great idea and I know it will be a great time.

My Cellar

cheron98

CAGrl wrote:I'm planning on coming. Gotta find the invite so I could find the email address to rsvp to. On that note, where will people be staying?

Several places are listed. El Jefe recommends reserving like NOW because the hotels fill up FAST in August with all the concerts at the wineries. Eric and I will be at The Dunbar House.

Or you can bring camping gear and camp out at the winery.

cheron98

tiger7610 wrote:Sadly I must decline the awesome wootcepion event with a very heavy heart. Its too close to the beginning of the year, and I'm already travelling in august. Everyone else should go and try to get Sparky to bring his stash and drink it down.

Email please so we can keep track