MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

PoSt away folks.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

MarkDaSpark wrote:

List of previous WW gatherings by area. New list in the Gatherings tab and Old list in the Community tab. Great reading and great examples of how to set up a Get-Together Thread.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings…All The News for the week of April 29

Spring has sprung! Time to fire up the grill and open that big-assed red before the weather gets too hot to drink big-tannin wines. Host a Get-Together in your area!

May
5/4: NorCal #16: Vincent Arroyo Open House
5/4: SoCal #25: Pasta-making!
TBD: Mid-May Somewhere Between Western NY and Cleveland

June
6/1: NorCal #17: Classified Bordeaux Tasting
6/15: NorCal #18: WineSmith BBQ in Santa Rosa

Pending
TBD: SeaTac & Western Washington Interest Thread.
TBD: NYC Tasting #??: A Tribute (interest thread)
TBD: Dallas #11

No events in your area??? Start one! Create an interest thread in the GATHERINGS Community Tab.

So join or create a WW Gathering!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

Happy Birthday to spdrcr05!!

Happy Birthday to spdrcr05!!!

☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ★ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
╔╗╔╦══╦═╦═╦╗╔╗ ★ ★ ★
║╚╝║══║═║═║╚╝║ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
║╔╗║╔╗║╔╣╔╩╗╔╝ ★ ☆ BIRTHDAY !!
╚╝╚╩╝╚╩╝╚╝═╚╝ ♥¥☆★☆★☆¥♥ ★☆

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee

Have you voted today?

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

MarkDaSpark

bhodilee wrote:Have you voted today?

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus

Ron, did our goodies ship today?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

chipgreen

quality posts: 195 Private Messages chipgreen

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
kylemittskus wrote:Ron, did our goodies ship today?

Do you want any of the Prado's??

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

kylemittskus

tytiger58 wrote:Do you want any of the Prado's??

F me. How many did you get? That wine is soooo damn good. By the way, SWMBO does not know about my $100+ 375ml. When she finds out, I am a dead man. Ron is the worst enabler of all of us.

tytiger58

kylemittskus wrote:F me. How many did you get? That wine is soooo damn good. By the way, SWMBO does not know about my $100+ 375ml. When she finds out, I am a dead man. Ron is the worst enabler of all of us.

I will give you 2 if you want them..and I agree he is a problem

kylemittskus

tytiger58 wrote:I will give you 2 if you want them..and I agree he is a problem

How much were they? $24 + tax?

tytiger58

kylemittskus wrote:How much were they? $24 + tax?

Just give me 24 and were square.

rjquillin

quality posts: 178 Private Messages rjquillin

Just got back on-line. Now sitting at a pick-nick table in the back yard, little shade, with a house tent about 18" behind me. Wireless is good.

I've not yet received, and seen, a shipping notice, but at least I can again now look.

CT

rjquillin

kylemittskus wrote:F me. How many did you get? That wine is soooo damn good. By the way, SWMBO does not know about my $100+ 375ml. When she finds out, I am a dead man. Ron is the worst enabler of all of us.

Ok you guys, now quit talking like that when I'm not here to agree with you.

And...

My list of what was for who is not safely tucked on the mac inside a tented house for three days.

ahhhh, along with my corkscrew, but I remembered my govino, some Tallulah and Wellington.

CT

kylemittskus

tytiger58 wrote:Just give me 24 and were square.

Ill take 'em. I owe you $100 plus 6 bottles. This does not break the SIWBM because, uh... we'd planned this before. Yeah, that's it.

tytiger58

kylemittskus wrote:Ill take 'em. I owe you $100 plus 6 bottles. This does not break the SIWBM because, uh... we'd planned this before. Yeah, that's it.

Glad to see your still wearing the pants Kyle

rjquillin

Heat hold till 5/6. ck ur email

Still time to add more..!
Especially those 375's.

CT

kylemittskus

rjquillin wrote:Heat hold till 5/6. ck ur email

Still time to add more..!
Especially those 375's.

Glad they're holding. And NO!!!

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1

mommadeb1

rjquillin wrote:Ok you guys, now quit talking like that when I'm not here to agree with you.

And...

My list of what was for who is not safely tucked on the mac inside a tented house for three days.

ahhhh, along with my corkscrew, but I remembered my govino, some Tallulah and Wellington.

I didn't think they allowed tenting where you lived?

bahwm

quality posts: 30 Private Messages bahwm

Thank you for the reminder! I forgot today, until now! 300!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

rjquillin

mommadeb1 wrote:I didn't think they allowed tenting where you lived?

Here they just passed, or are tr young to pass, a law to make it legal for homeless to sleep on public property. At times i wonder Wind! Tornado! Hide! CA is doing...

Yeah, termite tents are approved here.

CT

mommadeb1

rjquillin wrote:Here they just passed, or are tr young to pass, a law to make it legal for homeless to sleep on public property. At times i wonder Wind! Tornado! Hide! CA is doing...

Yeah, termite tents are approved here.

I was just thinking with all the other crazy laws out there you guys have...how can they allow tenting? ha ha ha

bahwm

I've just been writing up some notes for my Assistant Principal. He wants to know some of the things that I am involved in before my observation on Wednesday. Somehow, I don't think it would be quite appropriate to write that I am an active, contributing member to the wine.woot community. I do have to say, though, I have recommended that he purchase a few wines and he has had his wife make the purchases from home!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

MarkDaSpark

mommadeb1 wrote:I was just thinking with all the other crazy laws out there you guys have...how can they allow tenting? ha ha ha

The Vegans are up in arms about it ... termites have to eat too!!!

MarkDaSpark

Chemvictim just let me know that we've lost a Wooter. Yumitori has passed away during the weekend.

I never got a chance to meet him. But I did get a chance to argue with him on FB!!

tdedek

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdedek
bahwm wrote:Thank you for the reminder! I forgot today, until now! 300!

305!

tdedek

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdedek
MarkDaSpark wrote:Chemvictim just let me know that we've lost a Wooter. Yumitori has passed away during the weekend.

I never got a chance to meet him. But I did get a chance to argue with him on FB!!

Unfortunately, I never got the opportunity to meet him on the boards (or FB). My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
MarkDaSpark wrote:Chemvictim just let me know that we've lost a Wooter. Yumitori has passed away during the weekend.

That's too bad! What happened?

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

kylemittskus

That's a name from the past. Very sad. I'll raise my glass to him and his family tonight. Thanks for letting us know.

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
otolith wrote:That's too bad! What happened?

From what I saw on facebook, unknown causes.

cortot20

quality posts: 152 Private Messages cortot20

If anyone enjoys a good strategy game or even board game you might want to try Neptunes Pride II: Triton. Its free to play and its a well put together and thought out online multiplayer strategy game. I have been playing it for a couple of weeks and have really enjoyed it. Its also very slow paced for those of us that lead busy lives and cant be online every minute of every day.

CT

MarkDaSpark

otolith wrote:That's too bad! What happened?

As chem noted, it was sudden over the weekend.

mommadeb1

long days... one of my dogs isn't doing well...she either has messed up her neck, back or has disk or neurological problems...vet has been to the house twice and adjusted her... we shall see.... it seems 1 step forward 2 back... we never have "normal" animal problems.... so this should be interesting.....

trifecta

quality posts: 73 Private Messages trifecta

For the Halcon followers, anyone tried the 2011 Prado white yet? Just picked one up from a local shop. Don't know if $22 was fair price, but couldn't skip the rhone white blend.

Should I open soon or hold it for a bit?

kylemittskus

trifecta wrote:For the Halcon followers, anyone tried the 2011 Prado white yet? Just picked one up from a local shop. Don't know if $22 was fair price, but couldn't skip the rhone white blend.

Should I open soon or hold it for a bit?

First off, fair price. Second, yes, I've had it. My note is on CT. Absolutely delicious. Third, open now and enjoy or hold until next summer and enjoy. It will be very hard for me to keep my hands off my remaining 5 bottles (bought 6 total). Fantastic wine.

bahwm

mommadeb1 wrote:long days... one of my dogs isn't doing well...she either has messed up her neck, back or has disk or neurological problems...vet has been to the house twice and adjusted her... we shall see.... it seems 1 step forward 2 back... we never have "normal" animal problems.... so this should be interesting.....

Hang in there.

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl

Ugh. People. One of my oldest friends is saying she doesn't understand why bad things keep happening to her. As a background, the woman who raised her passed away in 2001. My mother in 2008. Recently, I couldn't understand why she wouldn't hang out with me but with some of her other friends. She's been giving me a lot of excuses and one of them being she just couldn't understand why bad things kept happening to us. And I apparently thought bad things (similar things) brought people together. She apparently wants rainbow and butterflies and sunshine only in her life and wants to keep her distance and such. I'm just said and wish things were different. I just want to tell her sorry that my life isn't perfect as your other friends' lives and that I have things that I can relate with. But apparently she wants perfection and happiness. UGH!!!

Sorry to dump but I couldn't do it on facebook since we share friends. I just don't get people sometimes!!! We've been friends for over 20 years for crying out loud!

klezman

quality posts: 126 Private Messages klezman
CAGrl wrote:Ugh. People.

Yeah, some people just aren't good at dealing with reality. Or anything less than perfect. Or any reminder of past/present adversity. Or being confronted with themselves being less than perfect. Or...or...or...(and yes, I'm thinking of a few specific people)

Sorry for the frustration...have a glass of wine

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
klezman wrote:Yeah, some people just aren't good at dealing with reality. Or anything less than perfect. Or any reminder of past/present adversity. Or being confronted with themselves being less than perfect. Or...or...or...(and yes, I'm thinking of a few specific people)

Sorry for the frustration...have a glass of wine

Hahaha. Thanks. It's just frustrating sometimes. Good to know that I'm not alone in this endeavor.