andreaserben

quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben
ScottHarveyWines wrote:My oldest daughter, Paulette just headed into the hospital to have a baby. This will be her second and my second grand child.

I wish your daughter, her family and the second grand child most of all to be healthy and well.
Now, there are Jana Cathedral editions to honor the love to your wife, how about editions to honor special occasions like the birth of your grandchild

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
ScottHarveyWines wrote:Hi Everyone,
Great to be back on Woot. I'll get on and off today. My oldest daughter, Paulette just headed into the hospital to have a baby. This will be her second and my second grand child.

Congratulations!! I hope all is well!

ScottHarveyWines

quality posts: 151 Private Messages ScottHarveyWines
klezman wrote:Mazal tov! Best of luck to her and your family!

I'm at the hospital now holding a healthy 8 pound baby boy, Nathan Emmett. Both mom and baby are doing well.

ScottHarveyWines

greeneggsandham wrote:Scott,

I love Barbera, but I’ve experienced a large variation in drinking window, e.g. I’ve has many that were good to peak within five years, but I’ve also got some 96’s that are just coming around.

What would you say for yours?

Thanks

This wine is made to be a 12 year wine

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
ScottHarveyWines wrote:I'm at the hospital now holding a healthy 8 pound baby boy, Nathan Emmett. Both mom and baby are doing well.

Mazel tov!!!!! Cheers to you and your healthy family!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

dalematthew

quality posts: 21 Private Messages dalematthew
ScottHarveyWines wrote:I'm at the hospital now holding a healthy 8 pound baby boy, Nathan Emmett. Both mom and baby are doing well.

Congrats Scott!! Happy to hear to whole family is doing well.

We consumed a bottle of your J&S reserve Barbera last night (not know this variation would be up today) - delightful!

ScottHarveyWines

greeneggsandham wrote:Scott,

I love Barbera, but I’ve experienced a large variation in drinking window, e.g. I’ve has many that were good to peak within five years, but I’ve also got some 96’s that are just coming around.

What would you say for yours?

Thanks

Back in 96 we were still making wines with low pH, so the wines have good ageability. Now so many people want to make all wines, including Barbera in the new world style and they just don't age.

chipgreen

quality posts: 178 Private Messages chipgreen

Congrats!

slm9951

quality posts: 14 Private Messages slm9951

Wonderful!!! Congrats to all!! Give that baby a sweet grandpa kiss!!

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod

The 06 was great, so lively, but the 07 had too much port and things in it to please the crowds. However this is Barbera and wins fro its fruit-acidity and lively characteristics and I believe Scott's gone back to more pure basics, and I think this'll be much more like the 06 and the reserva and very very good.

I like Scott's wines because though some don't work, he tries to improve them every year and some of them are simply divine. He wins for his honesty, willingness to experiment and listen and engage with his friends and fellow palates!

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 174 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

First off, congrats on the newest grandchild!

Second, I want to thank WW for shipping this over the weekend. Where it hit 93° on Saturday, and 78° on Sunday, where this sat in Fresno (although I hope it was in City of Industry, where temps (69° on Sunday) were low this weekend).

Left Sacramento on Saturday at 4:32am, showed In Transit at Fresno at 7:40 am, and then nothing until Monday where it arrived in the City of Industry at 1:37 pm.

Will check bottles carefully, and open one as soon as feasible to check on it.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.