WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

California Karma Cabernet Sauvignon (12)

Speed to First Woot:
4m 42.880s
First Sucker:
aeinaudi
Last Wooter to Woot:
andreaserben
Last Purchase:
a year ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 44% of Wine Woots
Top 45% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 33% of Wine Woots
Top 28% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 1% first woot
  • 2% second woot
  • 13% < 10 woots
  • 22% < 25 woots
  • 61% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 0% joined today
  • 0% one week old
  • 0% one month old
  • 10% one year old
  • 89% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 95% bought 1
  • 4% bought 2
  • 1% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

4%
2%
2%
1%
0%
1%
3%
9%
11%
9%
6%
5%
8%
5%
4%
5%
2%
3%
2%
5%
2%
2%
0%
5%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting



Quality Posts


Cesare


quality posts: 1616 Private Messages Cesare

California Karma Cabernet Sauvignon Case
$99.99 $̶1̶8̶3̶.̶0̶0̶ 45% off List Price
2009 California Karma Cabernet Sauvignon
CT link above

Previous offer:
5/13/11

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

Ashpoo


quality posts: 4 Private Messages Ashpoo

I bought this a couple years ago after I had the opportunity to lab rat it. I really liked it and think it's a great value for the quality at this price. I just wish it was the same mixed case as before, with the chardonnay.

Ashpoo


quality posts: 4 Private Messages Ashpoo

Would anyone in the Detroit area be interested in splitting this?

gillinforest


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gillinforest
Ashpoo wrote:Would anyone in the Detroit area be interested in splitting this?



I might be. Wish there were more reviews.

greyday


quality posts: 52 Private Messages greyday
gillinforest wrote:I might be. Wish there were more reviews.



There are a bunch in the previous offering thread...

On the fence. I've spent way too much this past year on wine, so trying to curb my spending. But this seems like a great deal on a daily drinker.

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 35 Private Messages fredrinaldi

Interesting... Got a 6:30 Tee time, if its available and more positive notes I might just jump on this one after golf.

knotheadken


quality posts: 0 Private Messages knotheadken
Ashpoo wrote:Would anyone in the Detroit area be interested in splitting this?



I liked it last time and would be willing ti split a case. Novi, MI

otolith


quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
fredrinaldi wrote:Interesting... Got a 6:30 Tee time, if its available and more positive notes I might just jump on this one after golf.



Can't wait for the golf courses to open around here!

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

sphervey


quality posts: 39 Private Messages sphervey

I found an independent review that might help those on the fence. Fred, this is just for you - I know you need more wine . . .

http://now-and-zin.blogspot.com/2012/02/california-karma-cabernet-sauvignon.html

confusedemmy


quality posts: 21 Private Messages confusedemmy

Hmmm... a previous offering from 2011 and a review from early 2012.

Anybody know how it's drinking NOW?

It's in a Stelvin (good) but it also seems to be a "drinker" vs. a "keeper" and might not be at its best anymore....

dawfish


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dawfish

Hmmm... What happened with shipping to Georgia? It's been a few years since I was last denied a WW order.

ryall12


quality posts: 3 Private Messages ryall12

Too much wine already... price is great, what is qpr?

kylemittskus


quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus
ryall12 wrote:Too much wine already... price is great, what is qpr?



Quality/price ratio. How much bang for your buck you get.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

kylemittskus


quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus
dawfish wrote:Hmmm... What happened with shipping to Georgia? It's been a few years since I was last denied a WW order.



Every winery needs to pay the fees and do the paperwork for every state. Some states are too expensive and/or too difficult for how much wine the winery would sell to said state.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

true559


quality posts: 23 Private Messages true559

The only reason I didn't buy this last time was because of the chard. Have to give this one a shot at this price.

gillinforest


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gillinforest
Ashpoo wrote:Would anyone in the Detroit area be interested in splitting this?



I'm in if u r still interested

DSal


quality posts: 1 Private Messages DSal

They must not like the South, would be in for 1 but i'm unable to.

shirin1968


quality posts: 0 Private Messages shirin1968

Would anybody in the Western NC area be interested in splitting this?

Winedavid39


quality posts: 200 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

true559 wrote:The only reason I didn't buy this last time was because of the chard. Have to give this one a shot at this price.




this is from Vina Robles winery. a trusted source. Great QPR IMO.

azn137


quality posts: 0 Private Messages azn137

Would anyone in New York/Manhattan be interested in splitting this? Let me know!

contact[at]tambnguyen[dot]com

dianefreda


quality posts: 9 Private Messages dianefreda
dawfish wrote:Hmmm... What happened with shipping to Georgia? It's been a few years since I was last denied a WW order.



I've been shipping to my Mom's in Georgia ever since Virginia passed a law against third party shipping of wine-and now no Georgia? I guess I'm not supposed to have this. I was going to order too.

bflohl


quality posts: 3 Private Messages bflohl

What the heck--in for one. I now have 2 cases of woot wine on the way--to add to a cellar (literally) stocked about 85% by woot. Thank goodness for a cool Western NY basement--pretty much ideal conditions year 'round.

Ashpoo


quality posts: 4 Private Messages Ashpoo
knotheadken wrote:I liked it last time and would be willing ti split a case. Novi, MI




Darn it, I found someone already. But maybe another time. I'm in the Mad Heights.

brucenie


quality posts: 0 Private Messages brucenie

Okay, in for 1, how can you pass up a medium plus vino at 9 $. But what happened to the unlock free shipping? I had just purchased the dyson minutes ago and thought the shipping on this would be free. But still, Woot has kept me in wine for years, huzzah!! for Woot.

ryall12


quality posts: 3 Private Messages ryall12
kylemittskus wrote:Quality/price ratio. How much bang for your buck you get.




Thanks but I meant what is the QPR for this offering... I am not sure where I will store the case that just arrived today, needs some justification to buy

confusedemmy


quality posts: 21 Private Messages confusedemmy
brucenie wrote:Okay, in for 1, how can you pass up a medium plus vino at 9 $. But what happened to the unlock free shipping? I had just purchased the dyson minutes ago and thought the shipping on this would be free. But still, Woot has kept me in wine for years, huzzah!! for Woot.



Big discussion of this in the forums, they've changed it to a shopping cart for the $5 shipping, no more unlocking all-day free. It's stopped me from making multiple purchases so far....

And for the folks seemingly wanting exact QPR numbers... I don't think it's and exact kind of thing. You get a good QPR with a high quality for a low price, and a not-so-good QPR with high quality for high price.

ryall12


quality posts: 3 Private Messages ryall12
confusedemmy wrote:
And for the folks seemingly wanting exact QPR numbers... I don't think it's and exact kind of thing. You get a good QPR with a high quality for a low price, and a not-so-good QPR with high quality for high price.



Not looking for exact, just some feedback to help make a decision Again I am overstocked but hate to pass up a really good offer

edlada


quality posts: 5 Private Messages edlada

I am not so sure about great QPR on a nine dollar a bottle Cab. Let's say the QPR is phenomenal and it drinks like a $20.00 Cab. A $20.00 Cab still isn't very good unless it also has a phenomenal QPR and drinks like a $50.00 Cab which is about the lowest price Cab you will find that actually begins to taste like a Cab should. At this price I think a better value is a Syrah or Zin or something a little less "ambitious" that actually has some varietal characteristics rather than a grape that is quite difficult to show well at a low price. My experience with inexpensive Cabs is they all pretty much taste like "red" wine. Just my $.02 anyway.

My dogs like me, that is important.

fogtower


quality posts: 1 Private Messages fogtower
edlada wrote:I am not so sure about great QPR on a nine dollar a bottle Cab. Let's say the QPR is phenomenal and it drinks like a $20.00 Cab. A $20.00 Cab still isn't very good unless it also has a phenomenal QPR and drinks like a $50.00 Cab which is about the lowest price Cab you will find that actually begins to taste like a Cab should. At this price I think a better value is a Syrah or Zin or something a little less "ambitious" that actually has some varietal characteristics rather than a grape that is quite difficult to show well at a low price. My experience with inexpensive Cabs is they all pretty much taste like "red" wine. Just my $.02 anyway.



I agree 100%. Very well said.

ryall12


quality posts: 3 Private Messages ryall12
fogtower wrote:I agree 100%. Very well said.



Yes well put and believe answers my question, though I did very much enjoy the Pedroncelli 2009 Cab from a previous offer which was $15.
Anyone had both and can compare?

chipgreen


quality posts: 187 Private Messages chipgreen
brucenie wrote:Okay, in for 1, how can you pass up a medium plus vino at 9 $. But what happened to the unlock free shipping? I had just purchased the dyson minutes ago and thought the shipping on this would be free. But still, Woot has kept me in wine for years, huzzah!! for Woot.


You could have put the Dyson in your "cart" then come here and put the Karma in your cart, then checked out both at the same time for one $5 shipping charge.

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 35 Private Messages fredrinaldi

Believe it or not I'm passing on this offer, I "found" some quality Cabs at Ralphs (Kroger) and with their 30% off get some solid Cabs for 8 to 9 dollars, with tax and shipping this comes to close to $10 a bottle, buying 12 of an Unknown (to me) is a lot of bottles if I don't like it.

kylemittskus


quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus
fredrinaldi wrote:Believe it or not I'm passing on this offer, I "found" some quality Cabs at Ralphs (Kroger) and with their 30% off get some solid Cabs for 8 to 9 dollars, with tax and shipping this comes to close to $10 a bottle, buying 12 of an Unknown (to me) is a lot of bottles if I don't like it.



I think cheap case offers are a tough sell for this very reason. I know a lot of people complain about wanting lower priced offers, but I come here for the offers that are more limited/expensive. By the way Fred, keep checkin'. Something you might enjoy may just be popping up soon.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

rjquillin


quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
fredrinaldi wrote:Believe it or not I'm passing on this offer, I "found" some quality Cabs at Ralphs (Kroger) and with their 30% off get some solid Cabs for 8 to 9 dollars, with tax and shipping this comes to close to $10 a bottle, buying 12 of an Unknown (to me) is a lot of bottles if I don't like it.


What are you finding, for us other SoCal shoppers?

CT

andreaserben


quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben
edlada wrote:I am not so sure about great QPR on a nine dollar a bottle Cab. Let's say the QPR is phenomenal and it drinks like a $20.00 Cab. A $20.00 Cab still isn't very good unless it also has a phenomenal QPR and drinks like a $50.00 Cab which is about the lowest price Cab you will find that actually begins to taste like a Cab should. At this price I think a better value is a Syrah or Zin or something a little less "ambitious" that actually has some varietal characteristics rather than a grape that is quite difficult to show well at a low price. My experience with inexpensive Cabs is they all pretty much taste like "red" wine. Just my $.02 anyway.



The wine/winemaker might simply have had troubles in sales/marketing. Some winemakers are not lucky sometimes selling enough in time and just need to sell cheaper to get rid of their stuff.
Marketing/brand reputation is a huge aspect and there are many bargains on the market when this happens.
The previous tasting notes for this wine however did not help me too much somehow and I have a lot coming my way anyways. I was however very interested, and will look forward for more affordable offers in the future or even a repeat of this at another time.
... or maybe...

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 35 Private Messages fredrinaldi
kylemittskus wrote:I think cheap case offers are a tough sell for this very reason. I know a lot of people complain about wanting lower priced offers, but I come here for the offers that are more limited/expensive. By the way Fred, keep checkin'. Something you might enjoy may just be popping up soon.


You have gotten my attention

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 35 Private Messages fredrinaldi
rjquillin wrote:What are you finding, for us other SoCal shoppers?


@Ralphs, I found a real nice Cab (Surprise) for 8.50 when you buy six (they all don't have to be the same) called Carnivor. robust deep red, stain your teeth red, very nice wine