WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Chard Day's Night

What's better than classic rock songs? Delicious wines. Gather up some chardonnay and you'll be able to guzzle your way from Buddy Holly to Skrillex. Which, if you don't know, is the name of a modern recording artist. It's okay. We'll all get old one day.



Quality Posts


Cesare


quality posts: 1615 Private Messages Cesare

Chard Day's Night

Calstar Cellars Sangiacomo Vineyard Chardonnay, Sonoma Coast 3-Pack
$59.99 $118.00 49% off List Price

Copa Del Rey 2009 Chilean Chardonnay 6-Pack
$54.99 $95.00 42% off List Price

Expression 38° Gap's Crown Vineyard Chardonnay 2-Pack
$39.99 $99.00 60% off List Price

Salexis Wines 2007 Napa Valley Chardonnay 3-Pack
$49.99 $112.00 55% off List Price

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

kylemittskus


quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus

If anyone's wondering, the Sangiacomo Vineyard produces some great fruit. I haven't had this particular wine, though.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

calstarcellars


quality posts: 16 Private Messages calstarcellars
kylemittskus wrote:If anyone's wondering, the Sangiacomo Vineyard produces some great fruit. I haven't had this particular wine, though.



OK just tasting this yesterday and today, my fav of the 3 Chardonnays I am currently selling for current drinking. Fresh apple fruit, hazelnut and a subtle smokiness. Sound more like Burgundy than California? Probably, great Food wine that works on its own to, enjoy.

ceagee


quality posts: 63 Private Messages ceagee
calstarcellars wrote:OK just tasting this yesterday and today, my fav of the 3 Chardonnays I am currently selling for current drinking. Fresh apple fruit, hazelnut and a subtle smokiness. Sound more like Burgundy than California? Probably, great Food wine that works on its own to, enjoy.



Hi Rick, Nice to *see* you here.
I have yet to have one of your wines I did not like. Still waiting for you to bring your SB to Woot.
Since I seem to be somewhat in sync with your palate, I wonder if you have tried any of the other chards being offered ?
If so, how would you compare styles?
Thanks!
I'm certainly in for one of yours. With then new woot shopping cart. I need to check around and see what else I will add before I click the final buy .





mmapes2


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mmapes2

Great title!

=^-.-^=

calstarcellars


quality posts: 16 Private Messages calstarcellars
ceagee wrote:Hi Rick, Nice to *see* you here.
I have yet to have one of your wines I did not like. Still waiting for you to bring your SB to Woot.
Since I seem to be somewhat in sync with your palate, I wonder if you have tried any of the other chards being offered ?
If so, how would you compare styles?
Thanks!
I'm certainly in for one of yours. With then new woot shopping cart. I need to check around and see what else I will add before I click the final buy .



Thanks for the compliment. Unfortunately for you, the SB is selling out within vintage regularly, so buying it you'll have to go to my website or a retailer that carries it. Where's home for you?

ceagee


quality posts: 63 Private Messages ceagee
calstarcellars wrote:Thanks for the compliment. Unfortunately for you, the SB is selling out within vintage regularly, so buying it you'll have to go to my website or a retailer that carries it. Where's home for you?



That's good for you ! Not so much for Wooters !
I'm in NY state



rlrct


quality posts: 6 Private Messages rlrct

I'm interested to hear if anyone has any tasting experience with the Expression 38 chardonnay, especially the Gap's Crown vineyard on sale here at Woot.

calstarcellars


quality posts: 16 Private Messages calstarcellars
ceagee wrote:That's good for you ! Not so much for Wooters !
I'm in NY state



Where abouts in NYS? I'm from Potsdam.

ceagee


quality posts: 63 Private Messages ceagee
calstarcellars wrote:Where abouts in NYS? I'm from Potsdam.



Batavia. Some friends have a place on the water in Massena, thats sort of near Potsdam. And, of course, I know a few who went to school up on Potsdam. In other words, I've only every driven through.
How did you end up in CA?




kaolis


quality posts: 27 Private Messages kaolis
rlrct wrote:I'm interested to hear if anyone has any tasting experience with the Expression 38 chardonnay, especially the Gap's Crown vineyard on sale here at Woot.



This was offered previously. The discussion is here:

http://wine.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=4957389

calstarcellars


quality posts: 16 Private Messages calstarcellars
ceagee wrote:Batavia. Some friends have a place on the water in Massena, thats sort of near Potsdam. And, of course, I know a few who went to school up on Potsdam. In other words, I've only every driven through.
How did you end up in CA?



Wound up in CA so I could continue working in the wine industry. First three jobs were in NYS, mid-Hudson Valley and then on Long Island.

My father taught at Clarkson 1954-1994

calstarcellars


quality posts: 16 Private Messages calstarcellars

OK time to do a little speaking about my CHs.

For reasons I don't fully understand they seem to need 2-3 years in bottle to hit peak flavours and then hold for a couple of years. This wine has really changed in bottle and is showing nuances it wasn't 2 years ago, with no sign of falling apart.

jgosau


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jgosau

Was going to order some Gap, and it doesn't ship to NM. That's a first on woot for me.

ceagee


quality posts: 63 Private Messages ceagee
calstarcellars wrote:Thanks for the compliment. Unfortunately for you, the SB is selling out within vintage regularly, so buying it you'll have to go to my website or a retailer that carries it. Where's home for you?



Rick, your website doesn't list NY as a ship to state. Is that correct ?



calstarcellars


quality posts: 16 Private Messages calstarcellars
ceagee wrote:Rick, your website doesn't list NY as a ship to state. Is that correct ?



I ship to NYS, ignore the website. also feel free to e-mail directly with questions.

billsklar


quality posts: 1 Private Messages billsklar

I love me a buttery chard...any of these qualify?

pfajardo19


quality posts: 9 Private Messages pfajardo19
billsklar wrote:I love me a buttery chard...any of these qualify?



Try the Salexis, excellent Beckstoffer Vineyards fruit (Beckstoffer fruit best of the best!), barrel fermented in French oak (top notch Taransaud and Francois Freres)and undergone malolactic fermentation. Should have great mouthfeel and buttery toast flavor from malo and extended barrel time (20 mos.). If you want to go with the "gold standard" for buttery chards, get the Rombauer Vineyards Carneros Napa chard. Limit 6 per person on website. Sells out every year. Retail outlets gets limited allocation. Another one to try is the Pessagno Winery Santa Lucia Highlands chard and the Sleepy Hollow Vineyard. Both are of the buttery, nice mouthfeel style. The Sleepy Hollow is excellent on par or better than the Rombauer.

come2thedarkside

calstarcellars


quality posts: 16 Private Messages calstarcellars

My Sangiacomo has a nice fresh fruit (apple and asian pear), good round palate, interesting smokiness and nice long finish.

narquespamley


quality posts: 24 Private Messages narquespamley

I am so ripping off the title of this deal for the name of a party.

damasus


quality posts: 0 Private Messages damasus

Ordered the Copa del Rey 5/1.
Woot says shipped 5/9, but FedEx tracking number just says "Shipment information sent to FedEx," with no further updates or ETA.
Anyone else with the same issue, or is it just me?

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

damasus wrote:Ordered the Copa del Rey 5/1.
Woot says shipped 5/9, but FedEx tracking number just says "Shipment information sent to FedEx," with no further updates or ETA.
Anyone else with the same issue, or is it just me?


I'm seeing that it was picked up yesterday with an estimated delivery of Saturday.

It's not unusual to see the "Shipment info" message for a few days. That's how the tracking numbers are generated so labels can be printed.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders