WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Do you actually use a wine glass to drink your wine?
  • 54.8% - Yes 502
  • 7.6% - No 70
  • 18.2% - Sometimes, more often than not. 167
  • 8.6% - Sometimes, but more often not. 79
  • 10.7% - The bottle’s made of glass. Does that count? 98
916 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

CatCK

quality posts: 50 Private Messages CatCK

As opposed to what? A coffee cup?

cole103

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cole103

If you've never tried a type-specific Riedel wineglass, do yourself a favor and give it a shot---complete game-changer for EVERY wine you've got.

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
cole103 wrote:If you've never tried a type-specific Riedel wineglass, do yourself a favor and give it a shot---complete game-changer for EVERY wine you've got.

Boones?

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
bhodilee wrote:Boones?

Boones≠wine.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
ddeuddeg wrote:Boones≠wine.

the bottle begs to differ*

*actually I have no idea what hte bottle says.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

joelsisk

quality posts: 8 Private Messages joelsisk
bhodilee wrote:the bottle begs to differ*

*actually I have no idea what hte bottle says.

Got your back!

sbudnic1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sbudnic1

well this thread declined rather quickly! :D

Listen - everything tastes better in a wineglass. Milk, OJ, spritzer with lime, everything! (even wine)

NascarDad

quality posts: 21 Private Messages NascarDad

Our main wine glasses that we use most often don't have stems, but they are wine glasses.

Though, *shame*, I forget if they were for red or whites. We drink both kind in the same glasses. I know I know, quelle horreur.

CatCK

I do use wine glasses to drink wine. Never really thought about using anything else.

I don't really understand why there are different types of wine glasses for drinking whites vs drinking reds. Can anybody explain?

joelsisk

quality posts: 8 Private Messages joelsisk
CatCK wrote:I do use wine glasses to drink wine. Never really thought about using anything else.

I don't really understand why there are different types of wine glasses for drinking whites vs drinking reds. Can anybody explain?

2 main reasons: The shape of the bowl 1. allows the bouquet to expand a certain amount and forces it to hit your nose at a different time (relative to drinking) and 2. directs the wine to a different part of your tongue.

boris1957

quality posts: 3 Private Messages boris1957

My everyday wine glasses are from the Dollar Tree. They serve the purpose nicely, and when they break, no sweat.
And my wine is usually <$10.
I'm unapologetic-ally cheap, though I do occasionally splurge.

CatCK

joelsisk wrote:2 main reasons: The shape of the bowl 1. allows the bouquet to expand a certain amount and forces it to hit your nose at a different time (relative to drinking) and 2. directs the wine to a different part of your tongue.

Thank you. I drink mostly reds and the wine glasses I use are basic wine glasses. I bought some red & white specific glasses from here a while ago, but I gave them as gifts because I knew that's what they wanted. Wondering if I should have kept them for myself.

slm9951

quality posts: 14 Private Messages slm9951
CatCK wrote:Thank you. I drink mostly reds and the wine glasses I use are basic wine glasses. I bought some red & white specific glasses from here a while ago, but I gave them as gifts because I knew that's what they wanted. Wondering if I should have kept them for myself.

Definately get a red wine glass! The large bowl allows the bouquet to blossom. The wider surface allows for some oxygenation too.