35%
65%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

idz21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages idz21

Wooters - just a friendly reminder about the new cart feature & shipping rates policy. More details in my signature.

Cesare

quality posts: 1642 Private Messages Cesare

Bottle on Ice 3-Pack / Black, Blue, Green
$8.99 $̶3̶5̶.̶9̶7̶ 75% off List Price

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

andreaserben

quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben

damorere

quality posts: 9 Private Messages damorere
Cesare wrote:Bottle on Ice 3-Pack

At almost $5 each (with shipping) they are pretty expensive bags...

bolligra

quality posts: 33 Private Messages bolligra

I would have bought these if I had unlocked shipping. Unfortunately, there's nothing on any of the other sites/pages I that interests me.

As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

andreaserben

bolligra wrote:I would have bought these if I had unlocked shipping. Unfortunately, there's nothing on any of the other sites/pages I that interests me.

Exactly my thoughts.

theglassrat

quality posts: 2 Private Messages theglassrat
andreaserben wrote:Exactly my thoughts.

Ditto.

deebodoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deebodoo
andreaserben wrote:Exactly my thoughts.

What is "unlocked shipping"?

mbuffy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mbuffy
deebodoo wrote:What is "unlocked shipping"?

Good question. Has woot stopped doing this?!? I have bought a few wine.woots today along with a Herman Miller chair, and I was charged shipping on each of them. What happened to the "once you pay $5 for shipping for anything, everything else ships free the rest of the day"?

If the policy has changed, I'm about to become a much less loyal wooter.

andreaserben

mbuffy wrote:Good question. Has woot stopped doing this?!? I have bought a few wine.woots today along with a Herman Miller chair, and I was charged shipping on each of them. What happened to the "once you pay $5 for shipping for anything, everything else ships free the rest of the day"?

http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5411101

moondigger

quality posts: 11 Private Messages moondigger
mbuffy wrote:Good question. Has woot stopped doing this?!? I have bought a few wine.woots today along with a Herman Miller chair, and I was charged shipping on each of them. What happened to the "once you pay $5 for shipping for anything, everything else ships free the rest of the day"?

The policy changed about a week ago. You probably noticed when you checked out today that they have implemented a 'cart' system. With the cart, anything you have in your cart at the time of checkout will ship for one $5 charge. But there's no longer "unlocked" free shipping for the rest of the day.

What this means is that on most days, not too much has changed -- you just have to be careful to put EVERYTHING you want that day into ONE shopping cart, then check out. You'll pay just a single $5 shipping charge.

But on SOME days -- mostly during woot-offs, sometimes on the day the Plus deals change -- you won't be able to get everything you want shipped for just $5. On those days, you'll have to try to get as much stuff in your cart at once that you want, and then check out. If something (or some things) come up later in the day that you want, they'll be in a separate cart, and therefore subject to a new $5 shipping charge.

Note that you can't just build up a bunch of stuff in your cart and then check out only once at the end of a woot-off day. Once an offer expires, it disappears from your cart if you haven't checked out yet.

This will have its biggest impact on inexpensive impulse buys that many of us made in the past because we had already unlocked free shipping. That kind of thing just won't be happening as much anymore, because who wants to pay $5 to ship a $2 or $5 or even $10 item? Wipes out the entire discount in many cases.

Tunes4u

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Tunes4u

Oh it's changed alright!

It is well to remember that there are five reasons for drinking wine: the arrival of a friend; one's present or future thirst; the excellence of the wine; or any other reason.

mbuffy

andreaserben wrote:http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5411101

Wow, that was a lot of doublespeak for "now you will pay more, but we're going to pretend it is more convenient for you".

LOL

Yep, until they change it (if ever), count me out from being as frequent a wooter. Once I had bought something in a day, I was far more likely to pick around and find a few other things sometime over the next 24 hours. This is particularly true during wootoffs, when obviously the shopping cart idea doesn't work.

Welcome to the new woot...not the same as the old woot...won't get fooled again.

mbuffy

mbuffy wrote:Wow, that was a lot of doublespeak for "now you will pay more, but we're going to pretend it is more convenient for you".

LOL

Yep, until they change it (if ever), count me out from being as frequent a wooter. Once I had bought something in a day, I was far more likely to pick around and find a few other things sometime over the next 24 hours. This is particularly true during wootoffs, when obviously the shopping cart idea doesn't work.

Welcome to the new woot...not the same as the old woot...won't get fooled again.

I know I'm late to the game in terms of hearing about this, but now I'm all fired up about it. I just added up my woot purchases since my first way back in 2007, and I've spent over $8000 on wootcrap since then. And now they're going to try to nickel and dime me, particularly when I'm busy hitting F5 F5 F5 during a wootoff?

F that!