12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fredrinaldi

I'm done here another non wine pile of crap

moondigger

quality posts: 11 Private Messages moondigger

You have GOT to be kidding me. TWO non-wine items in a row, when we're waiting for the Wellington Syrah offer to return? You're killing us. Almost literally.

andreaserben

quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben
fredrinaldi wrote:I'm done here another non wine pile of crap

I was gonna post "another 'deal' that Fred would really 'love'"... but can't beat you.

garrowood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages garrowood

So. Frustrated. Where is the WINE!!!!

DingleBarry

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DingleBarry

WW. Are you intentionally trying to pizz everyone off? (Cuz it's working.)

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

I think you pissed off the Woot gods...

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

dalematthew

quality posts: 22 Private Messages dalematthew

Seriously, can we re-focus on the wine here (except for the caramels of course)!

As this will probably be here a while, I'll share my general sense is that I am less interested in purchasing during the woot off with the new shopping cart - less cross shopping to other site tabs.

I know that's how it used to be anyway, but Woot is losing my spending and interest having reverted back. A created income stream lost in my mind. Food for thought (and a cost vs benefit analysis) for the Woot (Amazon) finance team.

Only purchase I've made is the PW Victory these last 2 days.

Out.

Tunes4u

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Tunes4u

Maybe Woot doesn't have enough wine deals to last the entire span of a woot-off? This is a waste of time. I have been hovering over the last two woot-offs and been disappointed each time. And of course, as soon as I get distracted for a few minutes, something good comes up and is sold out instantly....Wine Woot was a lot better a few years ago than it is now. I am gonna have to go elsewhere to look for something good....to drink! Sprouts? Really? Who cares?

It is well to remember that there are five reasons for drinking wine: the arrival of a friend; one's present or future thirst; the excellence of the wine; or any other reason.

fredrinaldi

tytiger58 wrote:I think you pissed off the Woot gods...

Ya maybe so .
I can't believe there are actually people buying this crap, look at the sales, Whats next a friggen Chia pet?

fredrinaldi

Tunes4u wrote:Maybe Woot doesn't have enough wine deals to last the entire span of a woot-off? This is a waste of time. I have been hovering over the last two woot-offs and been disappointed each time. And of course, as soon as I get distracted for a few minutes, something good comes up and is sold out instantly....Wine Woot was a lot better a few years ago than it is now. I am gonna have to go elsewhere to look for something good....to drink! Sprouts? Really? Who cares?

Check your PM

fogtower

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fogtower

What next boxes of soil. I see my Woot days as numbered pretty soon

ceagee

quality posts: 62 Private Messages ceagee

Whining for some wine.

If it's not going to be wine, how about a wine product, like the balsamic ?
Last time I accidentally shipped it to my sister ( I sent her a T shirt earlier and her address somehow became my default)
She was very happy to get such a nice gift and I got some good sister points out of it. But I would still like some for myself.

bsla11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bsla11

It's bad enough this type of stuff is on Thursdays. With the shopping cart "feature" and these types of offers do you really want to give us another reason to stop checking wine.woot during wootoffs

Tunes4u

Hahahah...a chia pet!

Just one more observation while I am ranting a bit.....Even when I do manage to find something here worth buying, it seems like it takes FOREVER to get it. Much longer than it used to.

I used this site a lot back in the day....I have my black square...and I learned a lot about what I like in a wine. So I loved this place. But anymore...seems like it has changed and become so much less personal...I feel like I have watched a good friend turn his back and slowly walk away.....

I don't know if it is because Amazon has something to do with it or what....but I am sad to see this....I really am.....

It is well to remember that there are five reasons for drinking wine: the arrival of a friend; one's present or future thirst; the excellence of the wine; or any other reason.

ceagee

quality posts: 62 Private Messages ceagee
fredrinaldi wrote:Ya maybe so .
I can't believe there are actually people buying this crap, look at the sales, Whats next a friggen Chia pet?

ROFL . I instantly had the chchchia jingle invade my brain.

Maybe the sprouts can be fermented into something drinkable. nevermind.

chipgreen

quality posts: 187 Private Messages chipgreen

I can never decide whether to pair my wine with sprouts or microgreens. Now, thanks to wine.woot, I no longer have to choose!

Tunes4u

fredrinaldi wrote:Check your PM

I am sorry Sir...I am not sure how to do that! lol

SmilingBoognish

quality posts: 47 Private Messages SmilingBoognish

Don't be dissin' the Chia, mang.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCiTAJi1yRk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_zwx6OXjMc

fredrinaldi

Tunes4u wrote:Hahahah...a chia pet!

Just one more observation while I am ranting a bit.....Even when I do manage to find something here worth buying, it seems like it takes FOREVER to get it. Much longer than it used to.

I used this site a lot back in the day....I have my black square...and I learned a lot about what I like in a wine. So I loved this place. But anymore...seems like it has changed and become so much less personal...I feel like I have watched a good friend turn his back and slowly walk away.....

I don't know if it is because Amazon has something to do with it or what....but I am sad to see this....I really am.....

Like ! (FaceBook)

amilham

quality posts: 2 Private Messages amilham

I used to get excited whenever I saw a Woot Off happening, but I have to say the last couple have been terribly disappointing. I'm with Tunes4u too - it seems like Wine Woot orders take ages to arrive now (weeks and even more than a month in some cases).

emmabean2000

quality posts: 6 Private Messages emmabean2000

A "Wine" Woot Off...

26 products. 13 have been wine. 50% is not a good percentage. I think I am going to research the ratio of previous woot offs...

Tunes4u

Ok Fred! I found it! Thank you very much! I will check those out! I appreciate it very much Sir! Cheers!

fredrinaldi

Tunes4u wrote:I am sorry Sir...I am not sure how to do that! lol

Top right corner when your in the comments section you should see a envelope with a number on it click on that for PM's

bolligra

quality posts: 33 Private Messages bolligra

You need to quit predicting stuff!

As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

chrisleve

quality posts: 1 Private Messages chrisleve

Good product if you are looking for a starter kit. But if you already have a spouter it's cheaper to buy the seeds at www.wheatgrasskits.com
I use this brand. They are very good.

jatha

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jatha

Is it me or is the percentage of food/other crap in this w00t-off ridiculously high.

Want good vino!

cynthylee

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cynthylee
fredrinaldi wrote:Check your PM

Hey Fred--help a gal out here!
Cheers!

Tunes4u

fredrinaldi wrote:Top right corner when your in the comments section you should see a envelope with a number on it click on that for PM's

Found it! Thanks!

moondigger

quality posts: 11 Private Messages moondigger
emmabean2000 wrote:A "Wine" Woot Off...

26 products. 13 have been wine. 50% is not a good percentage. I think I am going to research the ratio of previous woot offs...

I did that analysis earlier today or yesterday, and posted it on another discussion. I can save you a bit of time... go back to the October 2012 woot-off if you want to find a ratio greater than 1:1 for wine:non-wine.

chipgreen

quality posts: 187 Private Messages chipgreen
emmabean2000 wrote:A "Wine" Woot Off...

It's been this way for at least the last half dozen wootoffs, I don't know why everyone is just noticing today.

bsla11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bsla11

It's bad enough this type of stuff is on Thursdays. With the shopping cart "feature" and these types of offers do you really want to give us another reason to stop checking during wootoffs

jatha

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jatha
moondigger wrote:I did that analysis earlier today or yesterday, and posted it on another discussion. I can save you a bit of time... go back to the October 2012 woot-off if you want to find a ratio greater than 1:1 for wine:non-wine.

Nice work! Frustrating woot-off.
...and tomorrow (Thu) will be more "non" wine.

fredrinaldi

bolligra wrote:You need to quit predicting stuff!

LOL
OK,
Nostradamus of Wine Woot has retired

emccarl

quality posts: 9 Private Messages emccarl

I have an idea that might work.

Imagine if a very industrious and brilliant business person created a means by which smaller wineries could sell their wines directly over the Internet to people who love wine but never would have known about these small wineries? This model would reward these small wineries with loyal, buying customers, and the customers would get to drink good quality wines at a discount. Even better if the wine was free from taxes, shipped quickly, and shipping was very inexpensive. Imagine too that this enterprise would stay independent and agile, creating satisfied customers and producers, without getting glued down by a large company like Amazon . . .

Er, ah, yeah, kinda like what woot once was?

fredrinaldi

chipgreen wrote:It's been this way for at least the last half dozen wootoffs, I don't know why everyone is just noticing today.

Not just today Chip we have commented on how bad the woot offs have been through out 2013, Hey if WW doesn't want to listen, I have other sites to spend $$ on.

Tunes4u

I would rather see a shorter Woot-Off than have to wade through all this non wine stuff....

And this practice of sending you an email saying your purchase has shipped...when in reality all that has happened is they let Fed Ex know they can come pick it up? It's been 7 days today since I bought wine here...a case....and it still hasn't started it's journey. But I received an email saying your order has shipped....pffft! At least the wine is aging I guess....

emmabean2000

quality posts: 6 Private Messages emmabean2000
moondigger wrote:I did that analysis earlier today or yesterday, and posted it on another discussion. I can save you a bit of time... go back to the October 2012 woot-off if you want to find a ratio greater than 1:1 for wine:non-wine.

Thanks for the research. I just started looking at 2013's and the numbers are quite similar to today. Maybe it is the Chia Pets that have us off kilter today. But in looking back I am depressed that I did not buy more wine that was offered in January and February!

Tunes4u

emccarl wrote:I have an idea that might work.

Imagine if a very industrious and brilliant business person created a means by which smaller wineries could sell their wines directly over the Internet to people who love wine but never would have known about these small wineries? This model would reward these small wineries with loyal, buying customers, and the customers would get to drink good quality wines at a discount. Even better if the wine was free from taxes, shipped quickly, and shipping was very inexpensive. Imagine too that this enterprise would stay independent and agile, creating satisfied customers and producers, without getting glued down by a large company like Amazon . . .

Er, ah, yeah, kinda like what woot once was?

EXACTLY what I was trying to say! Personal service....it was awesome! I have been here since May 2006......it has deteriorated into a Wal-Mart like fiasco....

cynthylee

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cynthylee
fredrinaldi wrote:Not just today Chip we have commented on how bad the woot offs have been through out 2013, Hey if WW doesn't want to listen, I have other sites to spend $$ on.

Again Fred--help a gal out please?
Cheers!