2003 WineSmith Napa Valley Chardonnay, Student Vineyard Napa Valley College
2004 WineSmith Napa Valley Faux Chablis, Student Vineyard, Napa Valley College
CT links above

Previous offer:
3/5/13

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

andreaserben

quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben

I own this - but did not dare to open yet

moondigger

quality posts: 11 Private Messages moondigger
andreaserben wrote:I own this - but did not dare to open yet

I got one in March as well, and haven't popped any corks either. However in a more recent discussion (for a different wine) Clark offered the advice that the 2003 from this offer is drinking well now, but that the 2004 probably won't be at its peak before 2016, maybe longer.

bolligra

quality posts: 33 Private Messages bolligra

rpm, I see you're 1st sucker, any additional TNs since you tried it at Scott Harvey's back in '10?

As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

I purchased a case of these when they were up before ecause they promised to be a good non oaky Chardonnay.

I have opened one of each year and also tracked what others have thought in the forums

For me the 2003 never really got going. It was a bit light on concentration and didn't really stand out with its minerality or in any other way.

The 04 on the other hand was full and bright and concentrated and really sung.

Others in the forums have bad the opposite experience, liking the 03 and being Meh on the 04 so I think there may be some bottle variation.

On the good end these are $30+ chards, on the meh end they are $15. All told you're getting good value if you enjoy this style.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

idz21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages idz21

Wooters - just a friendly reminder about the new cart feature & shipping rates policy. More details in my signature.

zortapa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zortapa

Hummmm..... Let's see. This has been up for about an hour and there is still 90% left. If my suspicion of there being a clock on these items is correct, then I bet it will be "sold out" in the next 30 minutes or so (by the time I get home from work) regardless how many people actually purchase it.

chipgreen

quality posts: 179 Private Messages chipgreen
zortapa wrote:Hummmm..... Let's see. This has been up for about an hour and there is still 90% left. If my suspicion of there being a clock on these items is correct, then I bet it will be "sold out" in the next 30 minutes or so (by the time I get home from work) regardless how many people actually purchase it.

Down to 58% 2 minutes later. I'm guessing WD is forced to do this because Amazon makes him sell non-wine items throughout the woot-off and he's got a list of products he has to sell. Probably sucks a lot more for him than it does for us... as does the new shipping format.

trifecta

quality posts: 69 Private Messages trifecta

Really enjoyed the 2003. Would be in for more if it was just the 2003 (only got to taste the '04 on day 2 from a friend) or if I didn't already have a bunch.

cwc22

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cwc22

Just for kicks, this is what Woot looked like back when this wine was being made:

2004: http://web.archive.org/web/20040815001140/http://woot.com/

2003: http://web.archive.org/web/20030401233839/http://woot.com/

andreaserben

quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben
chipgreen wrote:Down to 58% 2 minutes later. I'm guessing WD is forced to do this because Amazon makes him sell non-wine items throughout the woot-off and he's got a list of products he has to sell. Probably sucks a lot more for him than it does for us... as does the new shipping format.

And then it suddenly disappeared when I was about to finish up the cart - Time for stronger language: I hate/despise the cart! It is so "unWootish"

I was however surprised that so much of this seems to be available.