WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Georgetown Divide Rouge (4)

Speed to First Woot:
4m 13.113s
First Sucker:
supercooloptw
Last Wooter to Woot:
geekgirl171
Last Purchase:
a year ago
Order Pace (rank):
Top 43% of Wine Woots
Top 41% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Bottom 35% of Wine Woots
Bottom 49% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 0% first woot
  • 0% second woot
  • 11% < 10 woots
  • 20% < 25 woots
  • 69% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 0% joined today
  • 0% one week old
  • 0% one month old
  • 11% one year old
  • 89% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 73% bought 1
  • 20% bought 2
  • 7% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

0%
0%
0%
0%
4%
13%
20%
62%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

idz21


quality posts: 0 Private Messages idz21

Wooters be aware that the $5 all you can ship is gone. You will now have to pay $5 for every order (not item, but order). There is a new cart feature which allows you to order multiple items at the same time for $5 per order. BUT just because you add an item to your cart doesn't mean you have it reserved, so you can't just wait until end of day to submit your order.

Link to main thread about this -> http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5411101

ibexscribe


quality posts: 7 Private Messages ibexscribe

I just opened my last bottle from a previous order of this wine, and am glad I can restock! I drink mostly red wine and prefer this to most of the whites out there I've tried as a change of pace - it's easy to drink, dry with a tiny bite to it to make it interesting (sorry, I don't have the wine tasting palate developed to describe what most want to hear). The only thing I don't like about it is the cork - every time it feels like it's going to break the corkscrew (but hasn't).

greyday


quality posts: 51 Private Messages greyday

A second positive here, as far as rouge or roses go, quite enjoyable. I still have a few left or I'd be in.

Merlynxlii


quality posts: 7 Private Messages Merlynxlii
idz21 wrote:Wooters be aware that the $5 all you can ship is gone. You will now have to pay $5 for every order (not item, but order). There is a new cart feature which allows you to order multiple items at the same time for $5 per order. BUT just because you add an item to your cart doesn't mean you have it reserved, so you can't just wait until end of day to submit your order.

Link to main thread about this -> http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5411101



First woot-off since the '$5 All you can ship' was removed... it's sad. Makes me much less inclined to splurge on woot-off items knowing each time I go for something new it's $5 all over again. On top of the tax changes (and controversy) this is just a disappointing place compared to a year ago.

Merlynxlii


quality posts: 7 Private Messages Merlynxlii

Also, related to the current offer... Cellartracker Link

Sounds like a refreshing break from grabbing a go-to red in the afternoon.

andreaserben


quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben
Merlynxlii wrote:Sounds like a refreshing break from grabbing a go-to red in the afternoon.



... and grab this instead for breakfast?

bogie13w00t


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bogie13w00t
Merlynxlii wrote:First woot-off since the '$5 All you can ship' was removed... it's sad. Makes me much less inclined to splurge on woot-off items knowing each time I go for something new it's $5 all over again. On top of the tax changes (and controversy) this is just a disappointing place compared to a year ago.



While it's never nice to lose something, I think it would much more disappointing if this place ceased to exist because $5 shipping killed Woot's cashflow, or some state government - probably New York! - sued or even pressed criminal charges. We're actually pretty lucky Woot was acquired by a giant that can shelter them from direct shareholder demands for ever-growing profit growth, rather than going public itself. Had things gone another way, I bet many loyal Wooters wouldn't recognize the place...that is, if they bothered to visit anymore at all.

All that said, it'd be interesting to know how the changes have affected customer behavior and sales. Cheers!

andreaserben


quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben

Supposedly #2 rose on WS. Details anybody?

btphillips


quality posts: 4 Private Messages btphillips
bogie13w00t wrote:While it's never nice to lose something, I think it would much more disappointing if this place ceased to exist because $5 shipping killed Woot's cashflow, or some state government - probably New York! - sued or even pressed criminal charges. We're actually pretty lucky Woot was acquired by a giant that can shelter them from direct shareholder demands for ever-growing profit growth, rather than going public itself. Had things gone another way, I bet many loyal Wooters wouldn't recognize the place...that is, if they bothered to visit anymore at all.

All that said, it'd be interesting to know how the changes have affected customer behavior and sales. Cheers!



Don't you think the sales tax issue came about because Amazon has a physical presence in jus about every state (warehouses etc)? So now woot, as an Amazon subsidiary, is required to charge sales tax.

cortot20


quality posts: 130 Private Messages cortot20

Out of roses and its warming up here in SoCal. Seems perfect for the price of $12 a bottle. It will be fun to compare it to the the other two recent roses on woot the Taft street and the pink Zep. Which were both pricier but excellent.

CT

cortot20


quality posts: 130 Private Messages cortot20
btphillips wrote:Don't you think the sales tax issue came about because Amazon has a physical presence in jus about every state (warehouses etc)? So now woot, as an Amazon subsidiary, is required to charge sales tax.



Wine.woot always included sales tax in their offers it just wasnt split out. Every offer was bumped by 7-8% to include tax.

CT

noslensj


quality posts: 41 Private Messages noslensj
btphillips wrote:Don't you think the sales tax issue came about because Amazon has a physical presence in jus about every state (warehouses etc)? So now woot, as an Amazon subsidiary, is required to charge sales tax.


No. In order to obtain a license to ship wine into a state, the seller (in the case of wine.woot, that is the winery making the offering) has to report sales made into the state and pay sales and spirits taxes on those sales. So it has always been there; what's different is that the taxes are now being computed individually on each sale instead of being averaged in.

What might be different with Amazon is having the means to calculate it for each sale instead of building an average into the price of each bottle. This means that people in states without sales tax are no longer subsidizing people such as I who live in high sales tax states.

Merlynxlii


quality posts: 7 Private Messages Merlynxlii
cortot20 wrote:Wine.woot always included sales tax in their offers it just wasnt split out. Every offer was bumped by 7-8% to include tax.



At least one winery (Vino Noceto) has stated they were always paying the taxes before and now that Woot is compensating them they are happy and better off (more profitable on the sales). This indicates that the prices were not adjusted to compensate.

http://wine.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5386614&pageindex=2&replycount=80#post5389122