WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Red or White?
  • 38.3% - Red 478
  • 19.5% - White 243
  • 42.2% - It’s not that simple. 527
1248 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

elsupreme

quality posts: 2 Private Messages elsupreme

It most certainly is 'That simple'.

RED FTW!

longdriver1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages longdriver1

A lot of us enjoy both red and white wines. You offer some great choices for red wines but have never seen a whit wine offered that looks worthy of purchasing. Could be just me.

Blochead

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Blochead

Amber, with hops. Cuz high end beer is the new standard in pretentiousness. Sorry vino.

roadlizard7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages roadlizard7

Yes!

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus

Why must one choose?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

deckerbrian

quality posts: 16 Private Messages deckerbrian

D) It IS that simple....

deckerbrian

quality posts: 16 Private Messages deckerbrian

That's why I quit drinking craft beer and started drinking wine. :-)

Blochead wrote:Amber, with hops. Cuz high end beer is the new standard in pretentiousness. Sorry vino.

moondigger

quality posts: 11 Private Messages moondigger

Answered Red, but probably should have chosen "not that simple." Wild-a$$ guesstimate of my wine consumption:

85% Dry reds
10% Dry whites
3% Dry (Brut) champagne/sparkling wines
2% Other (Rose, off-dry whites, etc.)

Not a fan of port, but that is based on one taste many (15?) years ago. Should probably give it another shot.

CatCK

quality posts: 50 Private Messages CatCK

I usually drink reds, but one of my favorite wines is a white, so what do I know?

Still, I voted "red".

SmilingBoognish

quality posts: 47 Private Messages SmilingBoognish
moondigger wrote:
Not a fan of port, but that is based on one taste many (15?) years ago. Should probably give it another shot.

I have purchased perhaps 6 bottles of dessert wines over the last 25 years, but must say that some of the most enjoyable dessert wines I've had have been at the end of a restaurant meal which came with wine pairing. I'd highly recommend that route if you have the opportunity.

torturegarden

quality posts: 4 Private Messages torturegarden

Usually red (90 per cent or more of my wine consumption), but it all depends on what the GF orders or buys. I'm clueless, she knows what goes with what and what is a good buy.