$84.99 $206.00 59% off List Price
2009 Chardonnay, Sonoma County
CT link above

Previous offer:
12/7/12

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 42 Private Messages fredrinaldi

Good a break to cook dinner and open a bottle of RED

fogtower

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fogtower

Got this last time. Too many much better bottles of white at Costco for the same price.

fogtower

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fogtower

Pass.

cynthylee

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cynthylee

So... sorry Geyser Peak, but when is Peter's disrupted offer coming back?
Cheers!

btphillips

quality posts: 4 Private Messages btphillips

There are two kinds of wine drinkers in the world. Red wine drinkers and future red wine drinkers. This offer is for the latter I guess.

cynthylee

btphillips wrote:There are two kinds of wine drinkers in the world. Red wine drinkers and future red wine drinkers. This offer is for the latter I guess.

LOL... although there is a place and time for a summer time white. I'm still waiting for the snow to melt to break them out!
Cheers!

fredrinaldi

btphillips wrote:There are two kinds of wine drinkers in the world. Red wine drinkers and future red wine drinkers. This offer is for the latter I guess.

Hell....O !!!!
Thats what I'm talking about!

andreaserben

quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben

http://www.vinopedia.com/wine/137132+Geyser+Peak+Chardonnay
doesn't seem to be a significant saving. (0.75 bottles) with case discounts that are often available.

emccarl

quality posts: 9 Private Messages emccarl

BT,

Up until a few months ago, I would have agreed with you. Fortunately, at my wife's urging, and in the spirit of Lent, I began grilling fish for Friday's dinner. Salmon became a favorite, and even though Pinot Noir is suggested for Salmon, I began trying various white wines with the grilled Salmon. I became totally blown away with some very inexpensive White Wines which paired beautifully with the Salmon (and other fish as well as chicken). A favorite new varietal that I'm particularly fond of is Torrontes (Bodega Colome Torrontes 2012 @14$ and Hermanos 2012 Torrontes @$12). If you allow the glass to sit for 30 minutes out of the fridge to take the edge off of the cold, these wines show an incredible complexity that I previously only found with a well aged Cabernet. I now have ventured into some whites, and have found an inexpensive Chardonnay that is super in the Wente Riva Ranch Chardonnay 2011 @13$. I bet you'd enjoy this very much.

Drinking many Reds has really helped my pallet, so I can now also enjoy the White Wine's too. Having said all of that, I'm not willing to buy a case of Chardonnay that I haven't already tasted. Perhaps Woot can give us a 3 - 5 bottle sampler of different whites?

btphillips

emccarl wrote:BT,

Up until a few months ago, I would have agreed with you. Fortunately, at my wife's urging, and in the spirit of Lent, I began grilling fish for Friday's dinner. Salmon became a favorite, and even though Pinot Noir is suggested for Salmon, I began trying various white wines with the grilled Salmon. I became totally blown away with some very inexpensive White Wines which paired beautifully with the Salmon (and other fish as well as chicken). A favorite new varietal that I'm particularly fond of is Torrontes (Bodega Colome Torrontes 2012 @14$ and Hermanos 2012 Torrontes @$12). If you allow the glass to sit for 30 minutes out of the fridge to take the edge off of the cold, these wines show an incredible complexity that I previously only found with a well aged Cabernet. I now have ventured into some whites, and have found an inexpensive Chardonnay that is super in the Wente Riva Ranch Chardonnay 2011 @13$. I bet you'd enjoy this very much.

Drinking many Reds has really helped my pallet, so I can now also enjoy the White Wine's too. Having said all of that, I'm not willing to buy a case of Chardonnay that I haven't already tasted. Perhaps Woot can give us a 3 - 5 bottle sampler of different whites?

I hear what you are saying, carl. I agree and I actually like an ice cold dry white when i'm Sitting on the deck on a hot summer day. I was just being a bit obnoxious. Today's wootoff has been a bit disappointing.

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
emccarl wrote:BT,

Lurton Reserva Torrontes 2011 a recent discovery for me also, great stuff!

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

jamesozzello

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jamesozzello

see its 5 bucks cheaper than in Dec.when winedavid gave it a plug

jatha

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jatha
btphillips wrote:Today's wootoff has been a bit disappointing.

MORE than disappointing...

jatha

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jatha
jamesozzello wrote:see its 5 bucks cheaper than in Dec.when winedavid gave it a plug

That's because we get dinged for shipping on each order now.

PBurke5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages PBurke5

White wines were made to be delivered in boxes....exception is Santa M! ......give me Red or Give me water.

Paul D Burke

fredrinaldi

jatha wrote:MORE than disappointing...

all 2013 woot offs have been disappointing, I believe its a sign from god.

gtcharlie

quality posts: 6 Private Messages gtcharlie

If I don't see either some toffee or fizzy wine in the next 30 minutes I am retiring for the evening. Always tomorrow.

btphillips

Though it's certainly possible that I missed some amazing offer today. I do have a day job after all, but every time I checked it was either a non-autobuy or an olive/pickle product.

Does anyone know if the switch to the next wootoff offer is solely dependent on selling out the previous wootoff offer? Or is there a time element too?

moondigger

quality posts: 11 Private Messages moondigger
jatha wrote:That's because we get dinged for shipping on each order now.

No, according to Woot it's because tax is no longer rolled into the price of the offer as it was prior to Feb 22 -- it's a separate line item. I have seen that the prices for most of the exactly equivalent offers (same winery, vintage, varietal and quantity) have dropped a few dollars compared with their pre-Feb 22 prices.

cynthylee

PLEASE... where's the reappearance of the Wellington??? That might give a gasp a life back to the .off that many of us are whining (vs. wining) about!! WD?? Thunder Thighs?? Anyone? Bueller?
Cheers!

btphillips

moondigger wrote:No, according to Woot it's because tax is no longer rolled into the price of the offer as it was prior to Feb 22 -- it's a separate line item. I have seen that the prices for most of the exactly equivalent offers (same winery, vintage, varietal and quantity) have dropped a few dollars compared with their pre-Feb 22 prices.

Makes sense. But how does woot or the winery know how much sales tax is in my state? Can they see out of my computer screen???

btphillips

Ok, sold out. Wellington, here we come!!!

cynthylee

btphillips wrote:Ok, sold out. Wellington, here we come!!!

No way... micro greens?????

btphillips

cynthylee wrote:No way... micro greens?????

Ay, caramba...

moondigger

quality posts: 11 Private Messages moondigger
btphillips wrote:Makes sense. But how does woot or the winery know how much sales tax is in my state? Can they see out of my computer screen???

They know your shipping address, unless you have them send it to a random address.

Each winery must comply with state regulations for wine shipments to that state. All states that allow wine shipments and have a sales tax require the winery to remit sales tax to that state for each sale. According to the woot folks, estimated tax was rolled into the cost of ALL orders prior to Feb 22, and the wineries used that money to remit the exact amounts they owed to each state. After Feb 22, they just charge the correct amount for each order as a separate line item.

rdeason1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rdeason1

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz