WootBot


quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Geyser Peak Chardonnay Case (12)

Speed to First Woot:
4m 26.333s
First Sucker:
Quiddity319
Last Wooter to Woot:
bskeens
Last Purchase:
2 years ago
Order Pace (rank):
Top 34% of Wine Woots
Top 37% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Bottom 29% of Wine Woots
Bottom 45% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 2% first woot
  • 0% second woot
  • 4% < 10 woots
  • 22% < 25 woots
  • 71% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 2% joined today
  • 0% one week old
  • 0% one month old
  • 13% one year old
  • 84% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 93% bought 1
  • 4% bought 2
  • 2% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
20%
47%
33%
0%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Cesare


quality posts: 1697 Private Messages Cesare

Geyser Peak 2009 Sonoma County Chardonnay Case
$84.99 $206.00 59% off List Price
2009 Chardonnay, Sonoma County
CT link above

Previous offer:
12/7/12

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 42 Private Messages fredrinaldi

Good a break to cook dinner and open a bottle of RED

fogtower


quality posts: 1 Private Messages fogtower

Got this last time. Too many much better bottles of white at Costco for the same price.

fogtower


quality posts: 1 Private Messages fogtower

Pass.

cynthylee


quality posts: 9 Private Messages cynthylee

So... sorry Geyser Peak, but when is Peter's disrupted offer coming back?
Cheers!

btphillips


quality posts: 4 Private Messages btphillips

There are two kinds of wine drinkers in the world. Red wine drinkers and future red wine drinkers. This offer is for the latter I guess.

cynthylee


quality posts: 9 Private Messages cynthylee
btphillips wrote:There are two kinds of wine drinkers in the world. Red wine drinkers and future red wine drinkers. This offer is for the latter I guess.



LOL... although there is a place and time for a summer time white. I'm still waiting for the snow to melt to break them out!
Cheers!

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 42 Private Messages fredrinaldi
btphillips wrote:There are two kinds of wine drinkers in the world. Red wine drinkers and future red wine drinkers. This offer is for the latter I guess.


Hell....O !!!!
Thats what I'm talking about!

andreaserben


quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben

http://www.vinopedia.com/wine/137132+Geyser+Peak+Chardonnay
doesn't seem to be a significant saving. (0.75 bottles) with case discounts that are often available.

emccarl


quality posts: 9 Private Messages emccarl
btphillips wrote:There are two kinds of wine drinkers in the world. Red wine drinkers and future red wine drinkers. This offer is for the latter I guess.



BT,

Up until a few months ago, I would have agreed with you. Fortunately, at my wife's urging, and in the spirit of Lent, I began grilling fish for Friday's dinner. Salmon became a favorite, and even though Pinot Noir is suggested for Salmon, I began trying various white wines with the grilled Salmon. I became totally blown away with some very inexpensive White Wines which paired beautifully with the Salmon (and other fish as well as chicken). A favorite new varietal that I'm particularly fond of is Torrontes (Bodega Colome Torrontes 2012 @14$ and Hermanos 2012 Torrontes @$12). If you allow the glass to sit for 30 minutes out of the fridge to take the edge off of the cold, these wines show an incredible complexity that I previously only found with a well aged Cabernet. I now have ventured into some whites, and have found an inexpensive Chardonnay that is super in the Wente Riva Ranch Chardonnay 2011 @13$. I bet you'd enjoy this very much.

Drinking many Reds has really helped my pallet, so I can now also enjoy the White Wine's too. Having said all of that, I'm not willing to buy a case of Chardonnay that I haven't already tasted. Perhaps Woot can give us a 3 - 5 bottle sampler of different whites?

btphillips


quality posts: 4 Private Messages btphillips
emccarl wrote:BT,

Up until a few months ago, I would have agreed with you. Fortunately, at my wife's urging, and in the spirit of Lent, I began grilling fish for Friday's dinner. Salmon became a favorite, and even though Pinot Noir is suggested for Salmon, I began trying various white wines with the grilled Salmon. I became totally blown away with some very inexpensive White Wines which paired beautifully with the Salmon (and other fish as well as chicken). A favorite new varietal that I'm particularly fond of is Torrontes (Bodega Colome Torrontes 2012 @14$ and Hermanos 2012 Torrontes @$12). If you allow the glass to sit for 30 minutes out of the fridge to take the edge off of the cold, these wines show an incredible complexity that I previously only found with a well aged Cabernet. I now have ventured into some whites, and have found an inexpensive Chardonnay that is super in the Wente Riva Ranch Chardonnay 2011 @13$. I bet you'd enjoy this very much.

Drinking many Reds has really helped my pallet, so I can now also enjoy the White Wine's too. Having said all of that, I'm not willing to buy a case of Chardonnay that I haven't already tasted. Perhaps Woot can give us a 3 - 5 bottle sampler of different whites?



I hear what you are saying, carl. I agree and I actually like an ice cold dry white when i'm Sitting on the deck on a hot summer day. I was just being a bit obnoxious. Today's wootoff has been a bit disappointing.

tytiger58


quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
emccarl wrote:BT,

Up until a few months ago, I would have agreed with you. Fortunately, at my wife's urging, and in the spirit of Lent, I began grilling fish for Friday's dinner. Salmon became a favorite, and even though Pinot Noir is suggested for Salmon, I began trying various white wines with the grilled Salmon. I became totally blown away with some very inexpensive White Wines which paired beautifully with the Salmon (and other fish as well as chicken). A favorite new varietal that I'm particularly fond of is Torrontes (Bodega Colome Torrontes 2012 @14$ and Hermanos 2012 Torrontes @$12). If you allow the glass to sit for 30 minutes out of the fridge to take the edge off of the cold, these wines show an incredible complexity that I previously only found with a well aged Cabernet. I now have ventured into some whites, and have found an inexpensive Chardonnay that is super in the Wente Riva Ranch Chardonnay 2011 @13$. I bet you'd enjoy this very much.

Drinking many Reds has really helped my pallet, so I can now also enjoy the White Wine's too. Having said all of that, I'm not willing to buy a case of Chardonnay that I haven't already tasted. Perhaps Woot can give us a 3 - 5 bottle sampler of different whites?


Lurton Reserva Torrontes 2011 a recent discovery for me also, great stuff!

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson




jamesozzello


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jamesozzello

see its 5 bucks cheaper than in Dec.when winedavid gave it a plug

jatha


quality posts: 2 Private Messages jatha
btphillips wrote:Today's wootoff has been a bit disappointing.



MORE than disappointing...

jatha


quality posts: 2 Private Messages jatha
jamesozzello wrote:see its 5 bucks cheaper than in Dec.when winedavid gave it a plug



That's because we get dinged for shipping on each order now.

PBurke5


quality posts: 1 Private Messages PBurke5

White wines were made to be delivered in boxes....exception is Santa M! ......give me Red or Give me water.

Paul D Burke

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 42 Private Messages fredrinaldi
jatha wrote:MORE than disappointing...


all 2013 woot offs have been disappointing, I believe its a sign from god.

gtcharlie


quality posts: 6 Private Messages gtcharlie
jatha wrote:MORE than disappointing...



If I don't see either some toffee or fizzy wine in the next 30 minutes I am retiring for the evening. Always tomorrow.

btphillips


quality posts: 4 Private Messages btphillips
jatha wrote:MORE than disappointing...



Though it's certainly possible that I missed some amazing offer today. I do have a day job after all, but every time I checked it was either a non-autobuy or an olive/pickle product.

Does anyone know if the switch to the next wootoff offer is solely dependent on selling out the previous wootoff offer? Or is there a time element too?

moondigger


quality posts: 11 Private Messages moondigger
jatha wrote:That's because we get dinged for shipping on each order now.


No, according to Woot it's because tax is no longer rolled into the price of the offer as it was prior to Feb 22 -- it's a separate line item. I have seen that the prices for most of the exactly equivalent offers (same winery, vintage, varietal and quantity) have dropped a few dollars compared with their pre-Feb 22 prices.

cynthylee


quality posts: 9 Private Messages cynthylee

PLEASE... where's the reappearance of the Wellington??? That might give a gasp a life back to the .off that many of us are whining (vs. wining) about!! WD?? Thunder Thighs?? Anyone? Bueller?
Cheers!

btphillips


quality posts: 4 Private Messages btphillips
moondigger wrote:No, according to Woot it's because tax is no longer rolled into the price of the offer as it was prior to Feb 22 -- it's a separate line item. I have seen that the prices for most of the exactly equivalent offers (same winery, vintage, varietal and quantity) have dropped a few dollars compared with their pre-Feb 22 prices.



Makes sense. But how does woot or the winery know how much sales tax is in my state? Can they see out of my computer screen???

btphillips


quality posts: 4 Private Messages btphillips

Ok, sold out. Wellington, here we come!!!

cynthylee


quality posts: 9 Private Messages cynthylee
btphillips wrote:Ok, sold out. Wellington, here we come!!!



No way... micro greens?????

btphillips


quality posts: 4 Private Messages btphillips
cynthylee wrote:No way... micro greens?????



Ay, caramba...

moondigger


quality posts: 11 Private Messages moondigger
btphillips wrote:Makes sense. But how does woot or the winery know how much sales tax is in my state? Can they see out of my computer screen???


They know your shipping address, unless you have them send it to a random address.

Each winery must comply with state regulations for wine shipments to that state. All states that allow wine shipments and have a sales tax require the winery to remit sales tax to that state for each sale. According to the woot folks, estimated tax was rolled into the cost of ALL orders prior to Feb 22, and the wineries used that money to remit the exact amounts they owed to each state. After Feb 22, they just charge the correct amount for each order as a separate line item.

rdeason1


quality posts: 3 Private Messages rdeason1

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz