0%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

idz21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages idz21

Wooters be aware that the $5 all you can ship is gone. You will now have to pay $5 for every order (not item, but order). There is a new cart feature which allows you to order multiple items at the same time for $5 per order. BUT just because you add an item to your cart doesn't mean you have it reserved, so you can't just wait until end of day to submit your order.

Link to main thread about this -> http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5411101

'What do you think of Woot now?' survey by ksmith8 -> http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RH3ZZHN

Cesare

quality posts: 1598 Private Messages Cesare

Copa Del Rey Chilean 2009 Cabernet Sauvignon 6-Pack
$49.99 $̶9̶1̶.̶8̶5̶ 46% off List Price
2009 Copa Del Rey Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon
CT link above

Previous offer:
10/15/11

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

bolligra

quality posts: 33 Private Messages bolligra

Hah, you called it, Fred!

As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

moondigger

quality posts: 11 Private Messages moondigger

Nooo! Where's the Wellington?

rjquillin

quality posts: 171 Private Messages rjquillin

Fred!
Where are you?

CT

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus

Ah, Copa Del Rey -- it's like wine.woot's version of Leak Frogs.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

fwijaya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fwijaya

Wine God: please bring Wellington Port. I only have one bottle left. Thank you!

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
rjquillin wrote:Fred!
Where are you?

He doesn't like this stuff anymore.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 34 Private Messages fredrinaldi
bolligra wrote:Hah, you called it, Fred!

R U Effing kidding me? I'm being stalked by the Woot Gods, Man that's funny !!!

fredrinaldi

rjquillin wrote:Fred!
Where are you?

Rolling on the floor doubled over with laughter.

moondigger

quality posts: 11 Private Messages moondigger
kylemittskus wrote:Ah, Copa Del Rey -- it's like wine.woot's version of Leak Frogs.

I have a couple of Leak Frogs. One of them actually did what it was supposed to -- it warned me a couple months ago that my hot water tank was leaking and needed to be replaced before it could do serious damage.

I've never tried the Copa Del Rey Cab. Reviews are too... mixed for me to bite on a half dozen.

fredrinaldi

kylemittskus wrote:He doesn't like this stuff anymore.

Darn right, man I really think this is payback for my comment on the oil thread, too funny

fredrinaldi

moondigger wrote:I have a couple of Leak Frogs. One of them actually did what it was supposed to -- it warned me a couple months ago that my hot water tank was leaking and needed to be replaced before it could do serious damage.

I've never tried the Copa Del Rey Cab. Reviews are too... mixed for me to bite on a half dozen.

I bought some too, AFTER I had a leak under my kitchen sink, However I got 20 K from my insurance Co and did a great remodel as a result, (not for 20 K but it help bring my out of pocket cost down a lot)

true559

quality posts: 23 Private Messages true559

Not again. It's almost as if there's an endless supply of this stuff.

engineire

quality posts: 5 Private Messages engineire

Love this stuff.
Threw a party last summer and brought this out to serve. Everyone loved it and it got great compliments. I'm loading up again for another party!!

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

I would be all over this if i was nt out of space and money. Only have two bottles left

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

WF

quality posts: 1 Private Messages WF
true559 wrote:Not again. It's almost as if there's an endless supply of this stuff.

It looks like only 4 people in all bought it. At that rate it will be back again soon

sdfreedive

quality posts: 24 Private Messages sdfreedive

I saw that people were talking about other wine sites and were getting them via PM's if someone would be kind enough to PM me those sites too I'd appreciate it.

garrowood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages garrowood
sdfreedive wrote:I saw that people were talking about other wine sites and were getting them via PM's if someone would be kind enough to PM me those sites too I'd appreciate it.

Ditto? I know of a few but not any that offer free blanket shipping.

aprilbolin

quality posts: 2 Private Messages aprilbolin

Add me to the PMs for other sites please. Thank you!

greyday

quality posts: 52 Private Messages greyday

Check your pms, you three!

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 17 Private Messages pseudogourmet98
greyday wrote:Check your pms, you three!

Would you mind pm me as well?

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 17 Private Messages pseudogourmet98
WF wrote:It looks like only 4 people in all bought it. At that rate it will be back again soon

It is getting less expensive though: $52.99 in March, $59.99 in January. When it goes for $10/6 I bet it sells out quickly!

Seriously, I have some and it's great to put out when you are entertaining a bunch of non-wine people @<$9/bottle.

megsailor

quality posts: 3 Private Messages megsailor

I'd like that info too, if possible! Thanks!

noslensj

quality posts: 42 Private Messages noslensj

I have been a frequent buyer of this in the past. I consider it to be an nice casual and inexpensive cab. I often describe it as what Barefoot and Mirassou (two of Gallo's "mid-tier" labels) should be for their price. I mention that to give a sense of where I believe they fit in the market. Probably a good choice to bring to a party attended by casual wine drinkers who enjoy a soft, oaky, easy-drinking cab; you know, the sort of setting in which Barefoot or Mirassou might be well received.

That being said, I'm done buying it. This stuff just doesn't work for me anymore as a casual drinking wine. One glass is now about as much of this as I can take, and I've got four more bottles laying around.

theglassrat

quality posts: 2 Private Messages theglassrat
pseudogourmet98 wrote:Would you mind pm me as well?

Same here!

twototee

quality posts: 1 Private Messages twototee

Ditto to the others. Would like to see some sites that are more like woot used to be. Thanks!

fredrinaldi

I pm'ed about 5 or 6 with the information I received today, good luck

andreaserben

quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben
aprilbolin wrote:Add me to the PMs for other sites please. Thank you!

+1

noslensj

quality posts: 42 Private Messages noslensj

As long as this thread has been hijacked to refer obliquely to other sites .....

There are several other sites that I track and from which I make purchases. After receiving a recent shipment from one of them, I was reminded that one of the nice apects of wine.woot is the much higher level of confidence I have in the quality of the offerings here. When I see from the descriptions that an offering matches my preferences, I have a high degree of confidence that I will enjoy it. I don't have that same confidence in other sites. The other sites are simply much more hit and miss.

I perceive that reflects some fundamental differences. The other flash sites are to a much greater extent simply clearinghouses to move wine. WD and winewoot, however, appears to me to be more involved in wine selection, and WD is building wine.woot as more of an ongoing distribution channel for participating wineries rather than simply a way for a winery or a distributor to quickly convert inventory to cash.