Salute Sante! 17oz.
Lemon Grapeseed Oil, 8oz.
Chili Grapeseed Oil, 8oz.
Basil Infused Grapeseed Oil, 8 oz.
Extra Virgin Cold Pressed, 6.76 oz.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

idz21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages idz21

Wooters be aware that the $5 all you can ship is gone. You will now have to pay $5 for every order (not item, but order). There is a new cart feature which allows you to order multiple items at the same time for $5 per order. BUT just because you add an item to your cart doesn't mean you have it reserved, so you can't just wait until end of day to submit your order.

Link to main thread about this -> http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5411101

'What do you think of Woot now?' survey by ksmith8 -> http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RH3ZZHN

mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber
idz21 wrote:Wooters be aware that the $5 all you can ship is gone. You will now have to pay $5 for every order (not item, but order). There is a new cart feature which allows you to order multiple items at the same time for $5 per order. BUT just because you add an item to your cart doesn't mean you have it reserved, so you can't just wait until end of day to submit your order.

Link to main thread about this -> http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5411101

'What do you think of Woot now?' survey by ksmith8 -> http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RH3ZZHN

Is ksmith8 posting the results, either real time or at the conclusion of the survey? I'd be interested to see what people think overall.

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

Ailetoile

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Ailetoile
mschauber wrote:Is ksmith8 posting the results, either real time or at the conclusion of the survey? I'd be interested to see what people think overall.

As would I. The loss of the $5 all day shipping was a real blow, especially since Woot is owned by Amazon -- a site for which I have paid to ship for "free."

idz21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages idz21

He will. In prior threads he confirmed he would share the results

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 19 Private Messages pseudogourmet98

How the "#%$} did I miss the wine???

Ailetoile

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Ailetoile

To add a comment on the actual quality of the product in question... ;)

The oil is very good. I purchased it around Christmas and have really enjoyed using it to flavor foods both during the cooking process and as a finisher.

We use the lemon oil for many of the green vegetables that people don't like very much -- Brussels sprouts, broccoli, asparagus, etc. (Don't get me wrong; I like these vegetables and all of their brethren very much, but I have noted that they are very few peoples' FAVORITES.)

We use the chili oil when we are cooking meat for any dish that we would like to have a hint of spice to. We also use it to pan-fry greens (chard, spinach).

The basil is excellent when you are cooking zucchini and other squashes, or if you want to add an extra hint of basil to a dish that should have that flavor like pasta sauce.

I have tried many flavored oils and I do like these very much. The grapeseed is just different enough that it is a nice change of pace from the much more common flavored olive oils.

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 19 Private Messages pseudogourmet98

Olives, oil... Calls for the immortal words of Popeyes, "that's al I can stands, I can't stands no more".

Wine please. (Whine not?)

slicey

quality posts: 1 Private Messages slicey

I bought these last time and have only used the regular, basil, and lemon flavors.

I already have flavored olive oils and bought these solely for high-heat cooking, sauteing, and wok use.

Don't know that it's a GREAT deal. You can buy grapeseed oil at your grocery store. I would probably just try one flavor you know you will use regularly unless you cook a lot and will use all of these flavors often.

editorkid

quality posts: 94 Private Messages editorkid

You can always count on this to go from wine.woot to whine.woot. At least the non-wine options are worth considering, rather than the steady stream of schlocky corkscrews and crap. Don't you people already have corkscrews and napkins?

Anyway, I like adding a little of one of these oils to the butter I'm melting for popcorn.

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 39 Private Messages fredrinaldi
mschauber wrote:Is ksmith8 posting the results, either real time or at the conclusion of the survey? I'd be interested to see what people think overall.

asked the same it will be here:
www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5416866#post5416866

fredrinaldi

pseudogourmet98 wrote:How the "#%$} did I miss the wine???

it was a 10 minute woot off offer

fredrinaldi

gone in a flash

moondigger

quality posts: 11 Private Messages moondigger

You didn't. It appears there was a mistake in the description -- the offer was not for the wines stated. The theory is that they took the offer offline immediately to limit the number of mistaken orders, but that it will return with a corrected description later.

Live2Dive

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Live2Dive

Really? One purchase in more than an hour? Let's get some wine on wine.woot!

fredrinaldi

this offer is like the a slow moving rain storm it just sitting here hovering

fredrinaldi

Live2Dive wrote:Really? One purchase in more than an hour? Let's get some wine on wine.woot!

saw that, 1st wooter is last wooter,
whats next Copa Cab

lurkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lurkey

What is the purpose of the %left?? Clearly it isn't accurate... It has gone down and yet woot shows only one person has bought the oil.

moondigger

fredrinaldi wrote:this offer is like the a slow moving rain storm it just sitting here hovering

Yeah, check those sales statistics -- both first sucker and last wooter to woot are the same person, and only one state is lit up on the map. Best I can tell, they've only sold ONE of these. ONE. Yet the percentage bar keeps dropping, slowly, in increments. No way that progress bar is displaying anything approaching the true percentage of stock left.

chipgreen

quality posts: 202 Private Messages chipgreen

Well, I'm not going to sit around all day looking at grapeseed oil. Looks like I will miss the reposting of the Wellington deal, hopefully it will turn up in the weeks ahead as a daily offer. Caio.

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
moondigger wrote:Yeah, check those sales statistics -- both first sucker and last wooter to woot are the same person, and only one state is lit up on the map. Best I can tell, they've only sold ONE of these. ONE. Yet the percentage bar keeps dropping, slowly, in increments. No way that progress bar is displaying anything approaching the true percentage of stock left.

I now see 16 states lit - maybe there was a delay in updating the stats?

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

moondigger

coynedj wrote:I now see 16 states lit - maybe there was a delay in updating the stats?

That seems the most likely explanation. Sales were happening but whatever subroutines they use to update the map and stats weren't working.

deecue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deecue
fredrinaldi wrote:asked the same it will be here:
www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5416866#post5416866

thanks fred..

garrowood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages garrowood
fredrinaldi wrote:saw that, 1st wooter is last wooter,
whats next Copa Cab

You're prescient.