WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Wellington Estate/England Crest Syrah (6)

Speed to First Woot:
1m 3.887s
First Sucker:
bolligra
Last Wooter to Woot:
engineire
Last Purchase:
a year ago
Order Pace (rank):
Top 16% of Wine Woots
Top 26% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Bottom 19% of Wine Woots
Bottom 36% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

• 4% first woot
  • 0% second woot
  • 4% < 10 woots
  • 4% < 25 woots
  • 88% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

• 4% joined today
  • 0% one week old
  • 0% one month old
  • 4% one year old
  • 92% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

• 88% bought 1
  • 8% bought 2
  • 4% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
100%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

idz21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages idz21

Wooters be aware that the $5 all you can ship is gone. You will now have to pay $5 for every order (not item, but order). There is a new cart feature which allows you to order multiple items at the same time for $5 per order. BUT just because you add an item to your cart doesn't mean you have it reserved, so you can't just wait until end of day to submit your order.

Link to main thread about this -> http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5411101

'What do you think of Woot now?' survey by ksmith8 -> http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RH3ZZHN

Cesare

quality posts: 1626 Private Messages Cesare

Wellington England Crest Syrah 6-Pack
$74.99
2007 England Crest Syrah
2008 England Crest Syrah
CT links above

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

rmm989

quality posts: 26 Private Messages rmm989

I wish I understood why sometimes Wellington will ship to NJ and sometimes it won't

CT

bolligra

quality posts: 33 Private Messages bolligra

In for one, PW always offers great wines, and this is a great price.

As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

klezman

quality posts: 123 Private Messages klezman

Can't afford to go in for a set, but will take a bottle of each off somebody in LA or Bay Area. Send me a PM.

2014: 32 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Jana Cathedral 3 L
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin

Nothing to whine about with this wine.
Peter is always a winner.

CT

loveladyelectric

quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric

I got a similar offer of the 2006 vintages of these wines and they were really good syrahs. Amazing QPR at this price. I wasn't as impressed with the PW cab I picked up at similar prices.

rjquillin

klezman wrote:Can't afford to go in for a set, but will take a bottle of each off somebody in LA or Bay Area. Send me a PM.

Only have a couple of the '07 Estate and none of the '08 England Crest.
I so wanted to SIWBM on this woot-off;
FAIL
You're on Klez.

CT

SonomaBouliste

quality posts: 234 Private Messages SonomaBouliste
rjquillin wrote:Only have a couple of the '07 Estate and none of the '08 England Crest.
FAIL
You're on Klez.

Oops! There's a mistake in the description. The code monkeys are hard at work fixing it. This offer is all EnglandCrest, 2007 and 2008.

SmilingBoognish

quality posts: 47 Private Messages SmilingBoognish

Got a bunch of this in the '06 vintage from Woot a number of years ago. Popped a bottle when we first got it, and did not love it. We popped a bottle of England Crest a month or two ago with stuffed pork chops and it was great. Both my wife and mother-in-law claim they don't like Syrah. The wine was in a decanter and they did not see what I opened. Both of them commented on how nice the wine was and were surprised when I told them it was Syrah.

cynthylee

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cynthylee

Wind! Tornado! Hide!?? Did they only have a few cases of this? Had it in my cart and gone before I could check out! Drat, drat, drat!

klezman

rjquillin wrote:Only have a couple of the '07 Estate and none of the '08 England Crest.
FAIL
You're on Klez.

And two more on the ledger...oy.

2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

rjquillin

SonomaBouliste wrote:Oops! There's a mistake in the description. The code monkeys are hard at work fixing it. This offer is all EnglandCrest, 2007 and 2008.

Talk to me Peter. Somehow I ended up with 9 of the '07 England Crest, none of the '08.
How do they differ?
Do I need more '07?
Klez, want all three of the '07s, or some other mix?

CT

guzmantis

quality posts: 5 Private Messages guzmantis
cynthylee wrote:Wind! Tornado! Hide!?? Did they only have a few cases of this? Had it in my cart and gone before I could check out! Drat, drat, drat!

Same - I was trying to decide if I wanted to get some Vella cheese to take advantage of the combined shipping and just as I was getting ready to check out they yanked it. So far this is the first deal I've been remotely tempted to purchase, and it's been replaced with some random grapeseed oil. Holey moley.

webdev511

quality posts: 38 Private Messages webdev511

No, I don't have room for this, but DAMN I MISSED IT! Argh!

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fredrinaldi

I had a feeling this would go quick, it did

moondigger

quality posts: 11 Private Messages moondigger
fredrinaldi wrote:I had a feeling this would go quick, it did

I don't think it actually went that quick. The description was wrong, and they had to get the code monkeys on it to fix it.

I'm guessing they took it offline to limit the number of mistaken orders, but will bring it back with a corrected description later.

SonomaBouliste

quality posts: 234 Private Messages SonomaBouliste
moondigger wrote:I don't think it actually went that quick. The description was wrong, and they had to get the code monkeys on it to fix it.

I'm guessing they took it offline to limit the number of mistaken orders, but will bring it back with a corrected description later.

I believe you are correct

cynthylee

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cynthylee
SonomaBouliste wrote:I believe you are correct

Thank you Peter! I sure hope I'm around for it.
Cheers!

andreaserben

quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben

sad (but my wallet is glad) that I missed that - that being said, looking at the transaction statistics there was not too much available, huh?

moondigger

andreaserben wrote:sad (but my wallet is glad) that I missed that - that being said, looking at the transaction statistics there was not too much available, huh?

Read a few posts up.

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fredrinaldi
moondigger wrote:I don't think it actually went that quick. The description was wrong, and they had to get the code monkeys on it to fix it.

interesting,

andreaserben

quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben
moondigger wrote:Read a few posts up.

read? few posts up? during a woot-off? oh - my attention span ...
wait, I need to hit "post" before I forget

moondigger

andreaserben wrote:read? few posts up? during a woot-off? oh - my attention span ...
wait, I need to hit "post" before I forget

LOL. At least you're not alone. Judging by posts here and on the grape seed oil discussion, several people thought the same thing.

garrowood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages garrowood

So, if the description was wrong, are they going to honor the orders for those of us who ordered before they took it down? Because I imagine that the type of wine that was advertised is what people to expect when their orders come....does anyone know how woot has dealt with this in the past?

klezman

rjquillin wrote:Talk to me Peter. Somehow I ended up with 9 of the '07 England Crest, none of the '08.
How do they differ?
Do I need more '07?
Klez, want all three of the '07s, or some other mix?

Sounds like it should be 3 each 2007/2008 Englandcrest. I was assuming one of each for me.

moondigger

garrowood wrote:So, if the description was wrong, are they going to honor the orders for those of us who ordered before they took it down?

It seems like only half of what was listed was incorrect. I'm guessing -- but I wouldn't be surprised if they offer to cancel orders for people who ordered based on the incorrect description and are unhappy with the actual wines in stock.