zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Cesare

quality posts: 1698 Private Messages Cesare

Mani Foods Imported Pitted Greek Olive Mix
$22.99 $̶3̶1̶.̶0̶0̶ 26% off List Price

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 42 Private Messages fredrinaldi

so this is how its gonna go?
corkscrew
wine
rack
wine
pickles
wine
olives
wine??

DaveD1420

quality posts: 7 Private Messages DaveD1420

Mani Foods Imported Pitted Greek Olives

atetra

quality posts: 1 Private Messages atetra

Yea! The olives are back! Yum-O.

Quality Post? What's a Quality Post??

moondigger

quality posts: 11 Private Messages moondigger
fredrinaldi wrote:so this is how its gonna go?
corkscrew
wine
rack
wine
pickles
wine
olives
wine??

I noticed that as well. I wonder if/how long the pattern will continue.

Live2Dive

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Live2Dive
corkscrew
wine
rack
wine
pickles
wine
olives
wine??

I would LOVE to see some Saki on that list! And throw in the non-wine item every 3rd listing at most!

moondigger

At least the day actually started with a wine, though it was gone before most of us were awake. So far today there have been four wines and four non-wine items.

moondigger

And sadly for you, Fred -- no Cabernet yet!

cathyk39

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cathyk39

These are the yummiest olives!!! I would buy them every time, but they take up so much room in the fridge. . .

"A meal without wine is like a day without sunshine, except that on a day without sunshine you can still get drunk."
~~ Lee Entrekin

junkyfungus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages junkyfungus

I thought these olives were pretty darn good last time around. They were a welcome addition to have on the table.

After a while I can see getting tired of them. As an addition to some good cheese, other olives and pickles and a nice crusty bread they are great.

By themselves the first 5-6 times they are also very good. However they start to get to you. The brine is very heavy with sodium as expected. When I got down to the end it was almost inedible. I washed them in water and then added some olive oil and better.

Worth the buy, just don't eat them alone each time. I gave some away too and everyone loved them.

fredrinaldi

moondigger wrote:And sadly for you, Fred -- no Cabernet yet!

with the new shipping I'm on auto buy only!
so far Zero dollars spent

fredrinaldi

cathyk39 wrote:These are the yummiest olives!!! I would buy them every time, but they take up so much room in the fridge. . .

they are good, but so much and the calories, I threw away more than half when it went bad

groz24

quality posts: 0 Private Messages groz24
corkscrew
wine
rack
wine
pickles
wine
olives
wine??

I'm sure they'll break the streak eventually, and have 2 or 3 straight non-wine items.

limesc1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages limesc1
fredrinaldi wrote:with the new shipping I'm on auto buy only!

I am with you...not a penny to woot at this point.
I still can't believe enough people wanted $80 worth of pickles! I thought that was a woot killer if I ever saw one.

moondigger

I haven't gotten anything yet today either -- but two of the wines they offered I already have some of in my cellar. I have a couple of woot plus items from different tabs in my cart. I'm waiting for there to be a wine offer I want before pulling the trigger. Once pulled, subsequent wine offers will have to be pretty fantastic for me to bite again.

idz21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages idz21

Wooters be aware that the $5 all you can ship is gone. You will now have to pay $5 for every order (not item, but order). There is a new cart feature which allows you to order multiple items at the same time for $5 per order. BUT just because you add an item to your cart doesn't mean you have it reserved, so you can't just wait until end of day to submit your order.

Link to main thread about this -> http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5411101

'What do you think of Woot now?' survey by ksmith8 -> http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RH3ZZHN

fredrinaldi

moondigger wrote:I haven't gotten anything yet today either -- but two of the wines they offered I already have some of in my cellar. I have a couple of woot plus items from different tabs in my cart. I'm waiting for there to be a wine offer I want before pulling the trigger. Once pulled, subsequent wine offers will have to be pretty fantastic for me to bite again.

got the tools & garden in my cart, will only pull the trigger if a wine auto buy appears

deecue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deecue

same here.. only on auto-buy mode and not a dime yet spent.

how much were these last time around? i love olives but after shipping this "deal" only comes to a whopping 9% off retail.

rjquillin

quality posts: 189 Private Messages rjquillin
corkscrew
wine
rack
wine
pickles
wine
olives
wine??

Generally that's the woot-off order; wine, then something to whine about, and, wine.

CT

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 19 Private Messages pseudogourmet98
corkscrew
wine
rack
wine
pickles
wine
olives
wine??

Woot: olived you much better when you offered us a lot of wine. Today's woot- off has been the pitts.

deecue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deecue
idz21 wrote:
'What do you think of Woot now?' survey by ksmith8 -> http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RH3ZZHN

Thanks for the survey! Definitely filled it out.. Amazon Prime membership usage FTW..

fredrinaldi

rjquillin wrote:Generally that's the woot-off order; wine, then something to whine about, and, wine.

lol

jelliott04

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jelliott04

In for three!

fredrinaldi

pseudogourmet98 wrote:Woot: olived you much better when you offered us a lot of wine. Today's woot- off has been the pitts.

nice play on words, at least were entertaining each other to pass the time

btphillips

quality posts: 4 Private Messages btphillips
pseudogourmet98 wrote:Woot: olived you much better when you offered us a lot of wine. Today's woot- off has been the pitts.

nice!

jelliott04

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jelliott04
idz21 wrote:Wooters be aware that the $5 all you can ship is gone. You will now have to pay $5 for every order (not item, but order).

I had no idea about this!

Just bought three olives and that might be my last woot purchase. Bummer woot.

moondigger

rjquillin wrote:Generally that's the woot-off order; wine, then something to whine about, and, wine.

I didn't remember it that way, but when I went back to check recent woot-offs, they stuck to that pattern, mostly. On March 20 they broke the pattern once, featuring two wines a row. On March 19 they broke the pattern once, offering two non-wine items in a row.

February 20 they started out following the pattern but broke it three times, twice featuring two non-wine items in a row and once to feature two wine offers in a row. They stuck to the alternating pattern all day on Feb 19, though.

Yes, I'm bored.

btphillips

fredrinaldi wrote:got the tools & garden in my cart, will only pull the trigger if a wine auto buy appears

i was going to buy that tools & garden kit too, but I heard it only really had 998 pieces...

btphillips

How long til all the olives are gone?

btphillips

moondigger wrote:I didn't remember it that way, but when I went back to check recent woot-offs, they stuck to that pattern, mostly. On March 20 they broke the pattern once, featuring two wines a row. On March 19 they broke the pattern once, offering two non-wine items in a row.

February 20 they started out following the pattern but broke it three times, twice featuring two non-wine items in a row and once to feature two wine offers in a row. They stuck to the alternating pattern all day on Feb 19, though.

Yes, I'm bored.

that's some quality research, though!

Nesher

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Nesher

Very tasty, firm olives.
Features several different varieties.
The brine is VERY salty ( and I like salt!). So pour some (I'd say about 1/5) of the brine out and replace with olive oil/water. They last weeks in the 'fridge.

bmr13

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bmr13

These are what Panera Bread uses in their Greek salads.

mstern20878

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mstern20878

I think I just turned this thing.
Now for some wine?