$49.99
2010 Woot Cellars Quaffmor Sauvignon Blanc
CT link above

Previous offer:
10/3/12

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

lacotomo

quality posts: 11 Private Messages lacotomo

We opened one a couple days ago from a previous purchase and loved it. Perfect for the upcoming summer. Fruity and easy to drink. Kiwi for sure! Paired nicely with an Asiago Chicken dish my wife makes. Will be great on the deck this summer.

idz21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages idz21

Wooters be aware that the $5 all you can ship is gone. You will now have to pay $5 for every order (not item, but order). There is a new cart feature which allows you to order multiple items at the same time for $5 per order. BUT just because you add an item to your cart doesn't mean you have it reserved, so you can't just wait until end of day to submit your order.

Link to main thread about this -> http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5411101

'What do you think of Woot now?' survey by ksmith8 -> http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RH3ZZHN

moondigger

quality posts: 11 Private Messages moondigger

I bought this last time as well, but haven't had a chance to open a bottle yet. (I drink mostly reds, saving the occasional bottle of white for summer days.)

Because I haven't tried it, my only comment is that I'm disappointed none of the labels in my five pack was smoothly applied to the bottle. I understand it's difficult to get plastic labels to apply smoothly every time, but it would have been nice to have at least one of the five be display-worthy.

chipgreen

quality posts: 195 Private Messages chipgreen
moondigger wrote:I bought this last time as well, but haven't had a chance to open a bottle yet. (I drink mostly reds, saving the occasional bottle of white for summer days.)

Because I haven't tried it, my only comment is that I'm disappointed none of the labels in my five pack was smoothly applied to the bottle. I understand it's difficult to get plastic labels to apply smoothly every time, but it would have been nice to have at least one of the five be display-worthy.

I must have gotten lucky with my 5 although all of them had at least 1 air bubble, they were very small air bubbles. WD mentioned how difficult it was to manually apply these labels when the wine was first released.

I opened a bottle during the Super Bowl so I don't have good notes but it was pretty unique tasting with lots of fruit. New World SB for sure.

PhilFR

quality posts: 1 Private Messages PhilFR

Is this compatible with the $80 of pickles I just bought?

Nothing to see here. Move along, folks.

wooting4keeps

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wooting4keeps

I got a pack of these last time they were offered in March, and they're gone! I gave one as a gift, but just couldn't hang onto the others, they were super quaffable indeed. I'm in for 5 more. Also regarding the labels, they were all perfectly applied, no bubbles, defects, nothing. The little write up on the back of the bottle is hilarious as well.

Additional: it's very citrusy but not sweet. I actually enjoyed it more not being fully chilled, but for the upcoming warmer months it's perfect because it's so refreshing.

• First Woot: 08/21/2012
  • First Barge Of Carp: 04/24/2013
  • Second Box of Chips: Coming soon.
  • Total Woots as of 6/19/2013: 47
  • Dollars spent: $2000+

moondigger

chipgreen wrote:I must have gotten lucky with my 5 although all of them had at least 1 air bubble, they were very small air bubbles.

All of mine have air bubbles, and none of them are free of somewhat large air bubbles. I have a little rack that sits on top of my wine chiller. It holds four glasses suspended at different levels on the perimeter and one bottle of wine in the center. I pick an empty bottle with an interesting label to put in the center, changing it out when I get sick of it. Right now I have a Raised By Wolves cabernet bottle in there -- VERY cool label. But I figured I might want to put a Quaffmor bottle in there eventually. Oh well -- not going to buy more of it just to take a chance on getting a better label.

WD mentioned how difficult it was to manually apply these labels when the wine was first released.

I believe it.

moondigger

wooting4keeps wrote:Also regarding the labels, they were all perfectly applied, no bubbles, defects, nothing.

Wind! Tornado! Hide!? I guess I'm just unlucky.

jchasma

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jchasma

This stuff is FANTASTIC! Definitely in for one. I went in on this last time and all five are gone. I used them to drink, cook, and I think one as a gift. If you're on the fence, you should definitely push the button!

moondigger

jchasma wrote:I used them to drink, cook [...]

I generally find Sauvignon Blanc to be a fantastic choice for cooking when a recipe calls for white wine or even cooking sherry. (Not saying it tastes like cooking sherry, but it can often be substituted with excellent results.) Sauvignon Blanc is my favorite white varietal.

amitkc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amitkc

Bought these the last time, and they are delicious. I just put the last one in the wine fridge for consumption on a hot, sunny day in the coming weeks.

I would LOVE to buy this again, but Wine.Woot does not have its $h1t together with the new rules for shipping wine to VA (c'mon now..its been months already!) and all Wine purchases here are off-limits to us VA folks for the time being.

Step up to the plate WOOT. We love you, but y u no love me back no more ???? :-(

boatman72

quality posts: 13 Private Messages boatman72

Just missed it!

What are you label whiners whining about? Don't you drink the wine and through away the bottle??? WAAAAAA. Send me the bottles, I'll drink the wine!

moondigger

boatman72 wrote:Just missed it!

What are you label whiners whining about? Don't you drink the wine and through away the bottle???

As explained above, I sometimes display an empty bottle if it has a cool label.

Send me the bottles, I'll drink the wine!

I'll send you empty bottles, and you can imagine drinking it. ;)