12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

fogtower

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fogtower

Oh no, not again!

Live2Dive

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Live2Dive

Holy Cucumbers, Batman! $80 bucks for Pickles?

aewaugh

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aewaugh

Not a crisp bite in the lot. The worst pickles I've ever eaten.

SiliconMage

quality posts: 1 Private Messages SiliconMage

Hmm, I love pickles, but it appears I can do $80 in cheese, but not pickles.

rbaehr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rbaehr

WHO THE HECK IS PAYING OVER $80 FOR PICKLES??????

loveladyelectric

quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric

I swear the last time these were on at least a dozen people said they would buy these in a smaller package that wasn't $80 for pickles.

Just came to reverberate this. Enjoy this wootoff killer.

true559

quality posts: 23 Private Messages true559

Definitely not the worst pickles I've eaten but these don't have that fresh crispness like Claussen or Nathans. Also, they use apple cider vinegar in everything giving their pickles a bit of a fruity flavor. Would not buy again.

amikins

quality posts: 1 Private Messages amikins

about $7 for a jar of fancy pickles isnt bad, its just you have to by 12 at once. a 3-4 pack would sell much better.

tdedek

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdedek

If I threw a BBQ at my place 3-5 times a week, I would possibly want to purchase this many pickles at one time.

limesc1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages limesc1

Its like they are punishing us for questioning the greatness of the checkout cart....

sdbcmr

quality posts: 16 Private Messages sdbcmr
loveladyelectric wrote:I swear the last time these were on at least a dozen people said they would buy these in a smaller package that wasn't $80 for pickles.

Just came to reverberate this. Enjoy this wootoff killer.

In this particular case, it's not so much a Woot-Off killer, as a kindly angel of death, facilitating the release of an already moribund patient.

Euthanasia. It's the right thing to do.

There are lots of good pickles at The Mother Ship Amazon. Pay an annual fee and you get "free" shipping.

Just sayin'.

As with the sad Stillman wine fail that preceded this, the same money goes a lot farther for similar or better products elsewhere.

This strategy of buying Woot only to kill it off, having incorporated most of its better features at the original site (Amazon) - it's going to work.

idz21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages idz21

Wooters be aware that the $5 all u can ship is gone. You will now have to pay $5 for every order (not item, but order). There is a new cart feature which allows u to order multiple items at the same time for $5 per order. BUT just because you add an item to your cart doesn't mean you have it reserved so you can't just wait until end of day to submit your order.

Link to main thread about this -> http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5411101

valcich

quality posts: 0 Private Messages valcich

Pickles != wine.
Cheese != wine.
Even wine racks != wine.

Where's the booze?

billz1040

quality posts: 1 Private Messages billz1040

YUCK! :x

v6bird

quality posts: 2 Private Messages v6bird

If my wife caught me paying $80 for these I'd be in a pickle.... jar.

lusluckylad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lusluckylad

I am 99.99% sure that I will never be in the market for $79.99 pickles.

mutts

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mutts

They must have a warehouse full of these at Amazon.

Crappy items and $5 shipping on each item is a wootoff killer!

cyberpenguin

quality posts: 11 Private Messages cyberpenguin

If this was the $30 package I'd be in.

I've gotten these twice before. At first I was disappointed with the lack of crispness, and the apple cider vinegar wasn't what I was expecting.

But, after trying them on sandwiches... they are absolutely amazing.

These are hands down, the best compliment to cheese and deli meat. They completely transform a sandwich, but $80 is just pushing the pickle budget too far.

webdev511

quality posts: 37 Private Messages webdev511

[quote postid="5416327"]
Cheese != wine.

Where's the booze?[/quote]

With the right pairing, cheese and wine can make each other better. Pickles aren't likely to make wine taste any better.

I bought these last time and they were okay, but as others have said this is just too many damn pickles.

elster000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elster000

Back in the day, my father said that a Pickle was a nickle a stickle

niddup

quality posts: 0 Private Messages niddup

This really isn't a bad deal at all for 15 lbs. of gourmet pickles. Granted that is a lot of pickles! I was tempted and the reviews are pretty solid on Amazon but I'm not sure if I'm quite ready to have a pickle party.

stinawargo

quality posts: 8 Private Messages stinawargo
limesc1 wrote:Its like they are punishing us for questioning the greatness of the checkout cart....

"Greatness of the checkout cart"--is that sarcasm? I can't tell if that's sarcasm.

Goosedude

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Goosedude

To those wondering about 80$ worth of pickles....these are good pickled products and sell for quite a bit incividually at specialty stores and Williams-Sonoma.

You are getting ALOT of pickled products here......so much that methinks you need a pickle shelf in the basement.

I am tempted but don't have the storage space. Booooo...

-------------
WOOT! WOOOOT!!

mdyoung216

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mdyoung216
niddup wrote:This really isn't a bad deal at all for 15 lbs. of gourmet pickles. Granted that is a lot of pickles! I was tempted and the reviews are pretty solid on Amazon but I'm not sure if I'm quite ready to have a pickle party.

What is a gourmet pickle? You put a cucumber in brine and it gets pickeled. What they use holy water for the brine? LOL

nuggy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nuggy

If they let these things sit around any longer....

They truly will be worth $80 bucks.....

C'mon Woot.....I know you want to get rid of these "Pickles"....

But 3 hours?

PS.....What do "Pickles" have to do with "Wine"?

Just askin.....

PSS....Hey baby c"mon over.....I got an $80 pickle for you.....Date night.....Only in Brooklyn....

frogmommy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages frogmommy

Maybe the next offering will be a pickle jar rack, a temperature-controlled pickle cooler or a set of "chillable" pickle gift bags (to dress up the pickles when you take them as a hostess gift).

btphillips

quality posts: 4 Private Messages btphillips

I'd prefer to pick a petite pack of these perfect pickles.

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 32 Private Messages fredrinaldi
limesc1 wrote:Its like they are punishing us for questioning the greatness of the checkout cart....

lol

It's gonna get brutal today, the other threads are hammering woot on the $5 shipping change, see tools and garden

Vizh

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Vizh

Honestly? The Whiskey Sour pickles here are insanely good. I'd gladly buy a case of just those in a heartbeat. The other varieties here are all good/interesting, but I've had other products that can equal them and are more easily attainable.

fredrinaldi

sdbcmr wrote:In this particular case, it's not so much a Woot-Off killer, as a kindly angel of death, facilitating the release of an already moribund patient.

Euthanasia. It's the right thing to do.

There are lots of good pickles at The Mother Ship Amazon. Pay an annual fee and you get "free" shipping.

Just sayin'.

As with the sad Stillman wine fail that preceded this, the same money goes a lot farther for similar or better products elsewhere.

This strategy of buying Woot only to kill it off, having incorporated most of its better features at the original site (Amazon) - it's going to work.

interesting, buy the site, take the good to Amazon, and let it die,
conspiracy theory at it's best

DaZoneRanger

quality posts: 44 Private Messages DaZoneRanger

After seeing these guys on TV several times, I'm super curious about these pickles, not $80 curious, but curious. I kind of suspect that I won't even like them, though. I often fall for the whole artisan pickle thing and buy some pickles asparagus or whatever pickls and I end up throwing the away. The easiest was to get pickles you like is probably to just make them yourself. Well, easy if you can get past being lazy.

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 15 Private Messages pseudogourmet98

Pickles?? Seriously woot, quit "gherkin" our chains! While I honestly "relish" the thought of a good "dill" during a woot-off, this is NOT it. Please replace with something that can get me "pickled"!

fredrinaldi

pseudogourmet98 wrote:Pickles?? Seriously woot, quit "gherkin" our chains! While I honestly "relish" the thought of a good "dill" during a woot-off, this is NOT it. Please replace with something that can get me "pickled"!

Quality post #1

mstern20878

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mstern20878
pseudogourmet98 wrote:Pickles?? Seriously woot, quit "gherkin" our chains! While I honestly "relish" the thought of a good "dill" during a woot-off, this is NOT it. Please replace with something that can get me "pickled"!

Some good posts here, but this made me laugh out loud. Thanks.

deecue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deecue
fredrinaldi wrote:lol

It's gonna get brutal today, the other threads are hammering woot on the $5 shipping change, see tools and garden

it will even get funnier when certain people come on the threads vehemently defending woot as if we owe them something. the only thing woot has going for them is the community - the good hearted people, the tasters, the rats.. that is the *only* reason i come here anymore. those are the people i owe something to. not this company.

i too am in the market for new sites but unfortunately, none i've found have the community like i described above. please PM me as well if you all have found one.

i've been using wineshopper and groupon goods for some things that are better deals than here. wineshopper has free shipping after $99 and doesn't require buying huge lots of bottles so i can mix and match.. no real community though..

sdbcmr

quality posts: 16 Private Messages sdbcmr

Oh, excellent ...

markomathis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages markomathis
aewaugh wrote:Not a crisp bite in the lot. The worst pickles I've ever eaten.

markomathis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages markomathis

How can I get my money back. You'll be sorry if you ordered these pickles. Really bummed out.Marko