WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Stillman Brown Petite Sirah (2)

Speed to First Woot:
6m 42.111s
First Sucker:
grahamular
Last Wooter to Woot:
jkleid
Last Purchase:
a year ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 46% of Wine Woots
Top 45% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Bottom 14% of Wine Woots
Bottom 29% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 0% first woot
  • 0% second woot
  • 16% < 10 woots
  • 16% < 25 woots
  • 68% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 0% joined today
  • 0% one week old
  • 11% one month old
  • 0% one year old
  • 89% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 100% bought 1
  • 0% bought 2
  • 0% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
16%
57%
26%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Cesare


quality posts: 1587 Private Messages Cesare

Stillman Brown Petite Sirah (2)
$54.99

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

idz21


quality posts: 0 Private Messages idz21

Wooters be aware that the $5 all u can ship is gone. You will now have to pay $5 for every order (not item, but order). There is a new cart feature which allows u to order multiple items at the same time for $5 per order. BUT just because you add an item to your cart doesn't mean you have it reserved so you can't just wait until end of day to submit your order.

Link to main thread about this -> http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5411101

jmdavidson


quality posts: 55 Private Messages jmdavidson

Got this the last ttime it was up, but have not opened a bottle yet. Has anyone? Need a rat report to help me decide if I should buy more or not.

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 34 Private Messages fredrinaldi
idz21 wrote:Wooters be aware that the $5 all u can ship is gone. You will now have to pay $5 for every order (not item, but order). There is a new cart feature which allows u to order multiple items at the same time for $5 per order. BUT just because you add an item to your cart doesn't mean you have it reserved so you can't just wait until end of day to submit your order.

Link to main thread about this -> http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5411101



Woot could "hold" each order in your basket till you press complete order at the end of the woot off day, could be that simple, but it obviously all about the $$

moondigger


quality posts: 11 Private Messages moondigger
fredrinaldi wrote:Woot could "hold" each order in your basket till you press complete order at the end of the woot off day, could be that simple, but it obviously all about the $$


They couldn't really make that work, due to the fact that people would just add stuff to their basket to "reserve" it, then remove some or most of it at the end of the day when they realize they have too much stuff in there. Not practical.

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 34 Private Messages fredrinaldi
moondigger wrote:They couldn't really make that work, due to the fact that people would just add stuff to their basket to "reserve" it, then remove some or most of it at the end of the day when they realize they have too much stuff in there. Not practical.


could work if they put a $$ hold on the card and you agree to it, with no backing out. It's workable

sphervey


quality posts: 38 Private Messages sphervey
fredrinaldi wrote:could work if they put a $$ hold on the card and you agree to it, with no backing out. It's workable



It would be simpler to go back to the old system just for Woot Offs since we can't hold the items in our cart all day. I suppose the programming would be too difficult . . .

shushine999


quality posts: 15 Private Messages shushine999

Could ALSO work if they went back to the "$5.00 ships free all day" for Woot-Offs. I ADORED picking up cheap items for myself and for Christmas/birthday presents on Woot, and would ALWAYS buy more stuff after I had "popped the cork" on shipping.....but now? $5.00 on a $15.00 set of rechargable batteries, $5.00 on a $10.00 set of earbuds, $5.00 on a couple bottles of wine.......it eats up the budget much too fast.
Very very sad about this. I truly am. That shipping was a lot of the draw for me. I used to buy 8-10 items or so on the Woot-Offs, but now that would be $50.00 shipping alone? Nah.
No fun any more, and now not as cheap as picking little stuff up with free shipping on Amazon with my "Prime" membership.

sdbcmr


quality posts: 16 Private Messages sdbcmr

So here's what we do. We charge an annual fee for "FREE" shipping. We could call it ... let's see ... how ‘bout, say, "Woot PRIME."


Just a thought.

Hey wait ... then we could
dump this Woot-Off nonsense. Maybe do a daily thing. Call it ... I dunno ... Gold Box of Crap. Or something.

Sounds good, right?
[edit] Anyone been enjoying Mothership Amazon's wine site? Does Prime offer free shipping? Here's a marketing plan: buy the competitor; put the comptitor "to sleep"; resume some aspects of the competitor's style.

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 34 Private Messages fredrinaldi
shushine999 wrote:Could ALSO work if they went back to the "$5.00 ships free all day" for Woot-Offs. I ADORED picking up cheap items for myself and for Christmas/birthday presents on Woot, and would ALWAYS buy more stuff after I had "popped the cork" on shipping.....but now? $5.00 on a $15.00 set of rechargable batteries, $5.00 on a $10.00 set of earbuds, $5.00 on a couple bottles of wine.......it eats up the budget much too fast.
Very very sad about this. I truly am. That shipping was a lot of the draw for me. I used to buy 8-10 items or so on the Woot-Offs, but now that would be $50.00 shipping alone? Nah.
No fun any more, and now not as cheap as picking little stuff up with free shipping on Amazon with my "Prime" membership.


Like some said, In a way its good I won't be buying the sea Salt Carmels any more, $22 for the candy, about $2.20 tax (Cal 10%) 5 bucks shipping I now have a $30.00 box of candy. Like right now on the tool and garden $7.50 for fastners, I buy in a second with free shipping always need fastners around the house and a nice box, but add tax & shipping and you almost double the price

moondigger


quality posts: 11 Private Messages moondigger
fredrinaldi wrote:could work if they put a $$ hold on the card and you agree to it, with no backing out. It's workable


Again, I don't think so. It's pretty well-established contract law that you haven't committed to buy something until you actually commit/pay. Having something in an internet "cart" is not a commitment to buy, and if the order hasn't been finalized you have the right to decide not to buy it. (For big-ticket items like cars/houses/boats/etc even signing on the dotted line doesn't truly commit you -- there's a cooling-off period of a few days during which you can decide to back out.)

I don't like the new system either, but I think the best solution is to go back to a one-price all day shipping fee on woot-off days. Make it $10 instead, if the $5 thing doesn't work. We could decide to pay $5 for a single order (as things are now) OR pay $10 on the first order, unlocking free shipping for subsequent orders until midnight.

rxmurphy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rxmurphy

Does anyone have any comments/opinions about this wine?

sphervey


quality posts: 38 Private Messages sphervey
fredrinaldi wrote:Like some said, In a way its good I won't be buying the sea Salt Carmels any more, $22 for the candy, about $2.20 tax (Cal 10%) 5 bucks shipping I now have a $30.00 box of candy. Like right now on the tool and garden $7.50 for fastners, I buy in a second with free shipping always need fastners around the house and a nice box, but add tax & shipping and you almost double the price



I figure I've already saved over $200 just in wine purchases during this Woot Off. and it's only 8:39 am. Just can't get into the same old spirit. I agree with you totally!

jmdavidson


quality posts: 55 Private Messages jmdavidson
rxmurphy wrote:Does anyone have any comments/opinions about this wine?


+1: This wine will be up all day if we don't get back on track. Anyone tried this?

limesc1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages limesc1

Guess it is time to say goodbye to woot. Loved to buy lots of items that were in the $20 range, but when you buy multiple, and get the $5 shipping it made it all worth it. But now there is no incentive..as many have pointed out before, I am not going to pay $5 shipping for a set of earbuds that cost $10.
Perhaps Woot could up the shipping cost for unlimited. For example if you order over $30 worth of product you unlock $10 shipping for the whole order? Woot is driving me toward my other wine sites since they are all now going the way woot was...they would bulk your orders for a day and ship them all together for one low price if you hit a threshhold ($50).

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 34 Private Messages fredrinaldi
limesc1 wrote:Guess it is time to say goodbye to woot. Loved to buy lots of items that were in the $20 range, but when you buy multiple, and get the $5 shipping it made it all worth it. But now there is no incentive..as many have pointed out before, I am not going to pay $5 shipping for a set of earbuds that cost $10.
Perhaps Woot could up the shipping cost for unlimited. For example if you order over $30 worth of product you unlock $10 shipping for the whole order? Woot is driving me toward my other wine sites since they are all now going the way woot was...they would bulk your orders for a day and ship them all together for one low price if you hit a threshhold ($50).


Hey pm me with the links of these sites, always looking for a good wine site, thanks

sdbcmr


quality posts: 16 Private Messages sdbcmr
jmdavidson wrote:+1: This wine will be up all day if we don't get back on track. Anyone tried this?



Haven't tried it and won't. $30/btl. for a 2011/2012 blend marketed as a 2012? That price goes far at our local direct importer wine shop.

So re: the wine? It's a NV blend at a premium price. So who cares?

guzmantis


quality posts: 5 Private Messages guzmantis
rxmurphy wrote:Does anyone have any comments/opinions about this wine?



I didn't take notes, but I very much enjoyed the wine. Very strong tannins, good round fruit, nice texture, and paired wonderfully with bison jerky (sadly, we were out of the wolverine variety). Oh, and it was still excellent on day two. For the price I'd say this one is a bargain.

Check the previous offer for more notes.

limesc1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages limesc1
jmdavidson wrote:+1: This wine will be up all day if we don't get back on track. Anyone tried this?



This wine will be up there all day if people aren't willing to take a chance without the $5 shipping. Sometimes people would take a chance and buy a product because there was a great deal, and they knew there would be another they would want to take advantage of later and the shipping wouldn't be a problem. Now people aren't going to take that chance as they are only going to pay for what they really want.

cheesed00dle


quality posts: 2 Private Messages cheesed00dle
shushine999 wrote:Could ALSO work if they went back to the "$5.00 ships free all day" for Woot-Offs. I ADORED picking up cheap items for myself and for Christmas/birthday presents on Woot, and would ALWAYS buy more stuff after I had "popped the cork" on shipping.....but now? $5.00 on a $15.00 set of rechargable batteries, $5.00 on a $10.00 set of earbuds, $5.00 on a couple bottles of wine.......it eats up the budget much too fast.
Very very sad about this. I truly am. That shipping was a lot of the draw for me. I used to buy 8-10 items or so on the Woot-Offs, but now that would be $50.00 shipping alone? Nah.
No fun any more, and now not as cheap as picking little stuff up with free shipping on Amazon with my "Prime" membership.



Agreed. $2 for Sriracha Lip Balm - awesome! $7 for Sriracha Lip Balm? Um, no thanks...

Also, on the actual wine, just to try to stay on-topic (from an amateur): 2-pack of these just arrived recently, so haven't had a chance to try yet, but the previous Stillman PS was delicious.

limesc1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages limesc1

From the woot site about the cart:

2. Real talk: we only ever had that $5 All You Can Ship in a Day promotion going because we didn't have a shopping cart. So now that we have a shopping cart, we're getting rid of it. Standard shipping is now $5 per order — just get all your stuff in one order, and it's basically the same thing.
3. How does this affect Woot-Offs? Well, you'll have to stay on your toes. Stuff is going to sell out and sell out quickly, so you'll want to check out as soon as you can. Yes, that means you'll pay for shipping more than once if you end up buying more than one item, but the truth is we sell stuff at such stupid low prices in the Woot-Off that you're still getting a good deal.

sdbcmr


quality posts: 16 Private Messages sdbcmr
limesc1 wrote:From the woot site about the cart:

2. Real talk: we only ever had that $5 All You Can Ship in a Day promotion going because we didn't have a shopping cart. So now that we have a shopping cart, we're getting rid of it. Standard shipping is now $5 per order — just get all your stuff in one order, and it's basically the same thing.
3. How does this affect Woot-Offs? Well, you'll have to stay on your toes. Stuff is going to sell out and sell out quickly, so you'll want to check out as soon as you can. Yes, that means you'll pay for shipping more than once if you end up buying more than one item, but the truth is we sell stuff at such stupid low prices in the Woot-Off that you're still getting a good deal.



Yeah ... saw that. Pure comedy.

dawnaroooskie


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dawnaroooskie

I haven't tried this wine, either, but Stillman Brown has a reputation (at least around Woot) for phenomenal wines. I ordered a couple bottles of the 2011 Red Zeppelin from Woot about a year ago, though I haven't tried that, either. It seemed most people wished they'd held on to them for another couple years, but they couldn't resist opening all six or so that they had.

dawnaroooskie


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dawnaroooskie
dawnaroooskie wrote:I haven't tried this wine, either, but Stillman Brown has a reputation (at least around Woot) for phenomenal wines. I ordered a couple bottles of the 2011 Red Zeppelin from Woot about a year ago, though I haven't tried that, either. It seemed most people wished they'd held on to them for another couple years, but they couldn't resist opening all six or so that they had.



Sorry, that'd be 2010. The 2010 Red Zeppelin cab.

groz24


quality posts: 0 Private Messages groz24
limesc1 wrote:Guess it is time to say goodbye to woot. Loved to buy lots of items that were in the $20 range, but when you buy multiple, and get the $5 shipping it made it all worth it. But now there is no incentive..as many have pointed out before, I am not going to pay $5 shipping for a set of earbuds that cost $10.
Perhaps Woot could up the shipping cost for unlimited. For example if you order over $30 worth of product you unlock $10 shipping for the whole order? Woot is driving me toward my other wine sites since they are all now going the way woot was...they would bulk your orders for a day and ship them all together for one low price if you hit a threshhold ($50).




I wouldn't mind a PM with those other wine sites, either.

I've already passed on buying 5 things this woot off just because of the shipping. They were good deals until an additional $5 was added onto each one. And we're not even halfway through the day, so who knows what else I would've just picked up since shipping would have been free the way it was.

keithnowak7


quality posts: 11 Private Messages keithnowak7
limesc1 wrote:
3. How does this affect Woot-Offs? Well, you'll have to stay on your toes. Stuff is going to sell out and sell out quickly



Ha. You, apparently, have not been paying attention to this woot off. Things are not flying off the shelves. I was waiting for a woot off to see how the new cart feature would work, and well, I agree with the comments. Wind! Tornado! Hide! were they thinking with all their side deals and "garage sale" "pick this up cheap" offerings? No one is going to pay $5 shipping for that. Granted they offered all that stuff when they did the all you can buy shipping, but they better get rid of the trinkets if they expect people to pony up separate shipping.

moondigger


quality posts: 11 Private Messages moondigger
fredrinaldi wrote:Like some said, In a way its good I won't be buying the sea Salt Carmels any more, $22 for the candy, about $2.20 tax (Cal 10%) 5 bucks shipping I now have a $30.00 box of candy.


Based on my vague memory of your comments about those caramels, I was under the impression you ordered multiple boxes each time it came up. So the math isn't quite that bad. Say four boxes - 4x$22 (candy), plus 4x$2.20 (tax), plus $5 shipping. Average of $25.45 per box. Still more expensive than it used to be, but mostly due to the tax, not the shipping.

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 34 Private Messages fredrinaldi
moondigger wrote:Based on my vague memory of your comments about those caramels, I was under the impression you ordered multiple boxes each time it came up. So the math isn't quite that bad. Say four boxes - 4x$22 (candy), plus 4x$2.20 (tax), plus $5 shipping. Average of $25.45 per box. Still more expensive than it used to be, but mostly due to the tax, not the shipping.



I would never by 4 boxes, waaaaaaaaaaaaay to many calories, 1 box was a treat, so now I save those calories,

DSal


quality posts: 1 Private Messages DSal

I would also appreciate a PM to other wine sites. Debating on picking this up though, i've loved all of the stillman wines i've tried.

bobrush12866


quality posts: 8 Private Messages bobrush12866
moondigger wrote:Based on my vague memory of your comments about those caramels, I was under the impression you ordered multiple boxes each time it came up. So the math isn't quite that bad. Say four boxes - 4x$22 (candy), plus 4x$2.20 (tax), plus $5 shipping. Average of $25.45 per box. Still more expensive than it used to be, but mostly due to the tax, not the shipping.



But $5 each for shipping if they go to different places. I usually ship them to friends and family all over the country.

moondigger


quality posts: 11 Private Messages moondigger
fredrinaldi wrote:I would never by 4 boxes, waaaaaaaaaaaaay to many calories, 1 box was a treat, so now I save those calories,


Well, I remembered your positive comments, and just assumed you bought more than one box at a time. I bought three in the previous offering, intending to use them for mother's day gifts.

loveladyelectric


quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric
sdbcmr wrote:Haven't tried it and won't. $30/btl. for a 2011/2012 blend marketed as a 2012? That price goes far at our local direct importer wine shop.

So re: the wine? It's a NV blend at a premium price. So who cares?



You should definitely not buy this because older wines are inherently better and imported wines are inherently better.... :/

Also, I'm not entirely sure what NV stands for, but this is a Paso Robles wine, not Napa Valley.

/s

This wine is great and I'd jump if I didn't have some in my locker. Also I said something about a SIWMB a few weeks ago...

moondigger


quality posts: 11 Private Messages moondigger
bobrush12866 wrote:But $5 each for shipping if they go to different places. I usually ship them to friends and family all over the country.


So the $5 all-day shipping was pretty awesome for you, but come on -- can you name ANY mail order business that:

A. Charges for shipping AND
B. Will ship four boxes of anything to four different addresses for $5 total?

keithnowak7


quality posts: 11 Private Messages keithnowak7
loveladyelectric wrote:what NV stands for, but this is a Paso Robles wine, not Napa Valley.



Wow. Nice catch. NV stands for Non-vintage. Which, when I saw 2012, I didn't even assume it could be one. Reading the description, it has 2011 blended with 2012, hence the NV. Perhaps like screw-tops, NV is kind of frowned upon, but hey, if it makes for a better wine, whatever.

moondigger


quality posts: 11 Private Messages moondigger
loveladyelectric wrote:Also, I'm not entirely sure what NV stands for, but this is a Paso Robles wine, not Napa Valley.


In the context of his comment, I'm thinking it means "non-vintage."

laspyra


quality posts: 0 Private Messages laspyra
limesc1 wrote:From the woot site about the cart:

2. Real talk: we only ever had that $5 All You Can Ship in a Day promotion going because we didn't have a shopping cart. So now that we have a shopping cart, we're getting rid of it. Standard shipping is now $5 per order — just get all your stuff in one order, and it's basically the same thing.
3. How does this affect Woot-Offs? Well, you'll have to stay on your toes. Stuff is going to sell out and sell out quickly, so you'll want to check out as soon as you can. Yes, that means you'll pay for shipping more than once if you end up buying more than one item, but the truth is we sell stuff at such stupid low prices in the Woot-Off that you're still getting a good deal.



How about no, Scott.

bobrush12866


quality posts: 8 Private Messages bobrush12866
moondigger wrote:So the $5 all-day shipping was pretty awesome for you, but come on -- can you name ANY mail order business that:

A. Charges for shipping AND
B. Will ship four boxes of anything to four different addresses for $5 total?



The point is it was available and I used it.. Not here any more, so no more treats for friends and family. A discretionary purchase that can be eliminated.

moondigger


quality posts: 11 Private Messages moondigger
bobrush12866 wrote:The point is it was available and I used it.. Not here any more, so no more treats for friends and family. A discretionary purchase that can be eliminated.


Understood, and agree that I would have used it too had I wanted to ship to multiple addresses. But its elimination doesn't surprise me a bit, given the circumstances.

sdbcmr


quality posts: 16 Private Messages sdbcmr
loveladyelectric wrote:You should definitely not buy this because older wines are inherently better and imported wines are inherently better.... :/

Also, I'm not entirely sure what NV stands for, but this is a Paso Robles wine, not Napa Valley.

/s

This wine is great and I'd jump if I didn't have some in my locker. Also I said something about a SIWMB a few weeks ago...



If anyone actually said that older or imported wines are inherently better, it wasn't me. What I said was that this is a non-vintage wine (as most folks were able to understand) flying the banner of a 2012, when it's actually a 2011/2012 blend.

Might be great, who knows?

But $30 a bottle to ship it from Woot's distribution doesn't make sense, when there are lots of actual bargains on trustworthy wines - imported and domestic - at a local store that imports. And you can take it home the same day instead of sending it hopping around in an overheated FedEx truck for a week or so.

This just isn't an attractive deal to me.

Oh ... and I think your smiley face may have had a stroke. Might want to have that checked out.

Oh, wait ... that's supposed to connote wryness.

My bad.

:-)