mbuffy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mbuffy

Does anyone else wish there were a blacktiewines.woot.com? I love wine.woot, but I usually only really pay attention when it is a "black tie" wine (not sure if they even show that designation anymore...haven't seen it for a while).

I'd love it if there were a blacktiewines.woot.com RSS feed I could subscribe to so I would know when to jump in and say "shut up and take (even more of) my money".

cortot20

quality posts: 136 Private Messages cortot20
mbuffy wrote:Does anyone else wish there were a blacktiewines.woot.com? I love wine.woot, but I usually only really pay attention when it is a "black tie" wine (not sure if they even show that designation anymore...haven't seen it for a while).

I'd love it if there were a blacktiewines.woot.com RSS feed I could subscribe to so I would know when to jump in and say "shut up and take (even more of) my money".

Apparently the old logo didn't work with the site redesign from last year. But its pretty easy to tell what the old black ties would have been. Look for bottles over $25 shipped with low case production.

CT

mbuffy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mbuffy
cortot20 wrote:Apparently the old logo didn't work with the site redesign from last year. But its pretty easy to tell what the old black ties would have been. Look for bottles over $25 shipped with low case production.

I get that...but what I'd love to have is an RSS feed of only wines with original MSRP's of, say, $50/bottle or $75/bottle and up so I would know when to check the site for something interesting. Lately there has been so much lower-priced/lower-quality stuff that I have found checking it daily to be disappointing.

I'd love a second, higher-priced, wine.woot site, hence blacktiewines.woot.com. I can always dream.

(And no, I don't just want higher prices...I want quality to match/exceed that! ;-)

chipgreen

quality posts: 185 Private Messages chipgreen

With the 1,001 "Plus" deals they have scattered throughout the woot network of sites now, I worry that wine.woot could eventually turn into another Lot 18 but maybe that would work for you because they would probably always have at least a couple "black tie" type offers.