andreaserben

quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben

... now it goes "per order".
Gone are the days where on a Friday you could take the benefit of two different Woot Plus it seems.
Wonder if this also will kill Woot-Offs as we knew them.
... and I checked, if you put an item in your cart, once the 9 am CDT time has been reached, it will show as "sold out" - you cannot order from two different Wine Woot Plus anymore with one 'free shipping' ("Sold out" is a misleading term anyways, since it is not truly 'sold out' just not longer made available).

I announce a (my) buying "moratorium" for the time being. Let's see if I can be convinced otherwise.

But definitely a HUGE dislike on those changes here.
From my perspective, the Woot Monkey took over a bit too much maybe.

Quoting:

2. Real talk: we only ever had that $5 All You Can Ship in a Day promotion going because we didn't have a shopping cart. So now that we have a shopping cart, we're getting rid of it. Standard shipping is now $5 per order — just get all your stuff in one order, and it's basically the same thing.

-> balls!

tdedek

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdedek
andreaserben wrote:... now it goes "per order".
Gone are the days where on a Friday you could take the benefit of two different Woot Plus it seems.
Wonder if this also will kill Woot-Offs as we knew them.
... and I checked, if you put an item in your cart, once the 9 am CDT time has been reached, it will show as "sold out" - you cannot order from two different Wine Woot Plus anymore with one 'free shipping' ("Sold out" is a misleading term anyways, since it is not truly 'sold out' just not longer made available).

I announce a (my) buying "moratorium" for the time being. Let's see if I can be convinced otherwise.

But definitely a HUGE dislike on those changes here.
From my perspective, the Woot Monkey took over a bit too much maybe.

Quoting:

- balls.

It won't affect my 'normal' purchases, if I want more than one item for the day, I'll just need to plan ahead.

As you said, it will deter me from my Friday Woot Plus double purchases and is a huge buzzkill for woot offs, for sure.

andreaserben

tdedek wrote:It won't affect my 'normal' purchases, if I want more than one item for the day, I'll just need to plan ahead.

As you said, it will deter me from my Friday Woot Plus double purchases and is a huge buzzkill for woot offs, for sure.

Oh, I certainly placed multiple orders of 'normal purchases' sometimes on a given day, especially for wine as the tasting notes started to grow... and guess - still only one shipping occurred.
I think woot should get their logistics in order rather and bundle up multiple orders to save shipping cost/avoiding multiple boxes, which they quote as one of the reasons/benefits for their new system.
Now they effectively kill impulse buys and make buying more over a given day less attractive.
Shrugs.

jmdavidson

quality posts: 58 Private Messages jmdavidson

It appears that $5 shipping still exists, but no mention of being able to ship all day for free (after the $5).

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

You can read all about it here.

To keep from repeating ourselves, we'll be answer questions in that thread.

It would be nice if comments were put there as well so we can find them in one place.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

andreaserben

jmdavidson wrote:It appears that $5 shipping still exists, but no mention of being able to ship all day for free (after the $5).

every single order placed (other than a pure "shirt!" order) = $5

cortot20

quality posts: 158 Private Messages cortot20

It's gone back to the way it was pre site redesign minus the shopping cart. I'm ok with that. After all the $5 a day flat rate was a promotion from the beginning.

CT

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
cortot20 wrote:It's gone back to the way it was pre site redesign minus the shopping cart. I'm ok with that. After all the $5 a day flat rate was a promotion from the beginning.

Agreed

5 dollar shipping never deterred me from buying a wine I like.

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

rjquillin

quality posts: 182 Private Messages rjquillin

Did my final Ardente orders this morning, three of them, not realizing the new cart shipping charge change.
$5 each.
Contacted support and requested they consolidate and refund $10. Nope!
Three orders; cancelled.

CT

chipgreen

quality posts: 201 Private Messages chipgreen

My understanding is that you can add as many items to your cart as you wish across all woot sites and plus deals, then check out with one $5 shipping charge for all your booty.

The biggest problem I see is something selling out while it's still in your cart. That and it seems like every woot-off item will be $5 shipping now unless you can grab 2-3 items that are selling at the same time and hurry to check out while they're al still available.

cortot20

quality posts: 158 Private Messages cortot20
chipgreen wrote:My understanding is that you can add as many items to your cart as you wish across all woot sites and plus deals, then check out with one $5 shipping charge for all your booty.

The biggest problem I see is something selling out while it's still in your cart. That and it seems like every woot-off item will be $5 shipping now unless you can grab 2-3 items that are selling at the same time and hurry to check out while they're al still available.

Which is fairly unlikely to happen.

CT

klezman

quality posts: 129 Private Messages klezman

Unless WD gets a cut of the $5 charges, we are going to continue to see deals that are less than stellar. Just the evolution of woot, I suppose.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
ThunderThighs wrote:You can read all about it here.

To keep from repeating ourselves, we'll be answer questions in that thread.

It would be nice if comments were put there as well so we can find them in one place.

Now that you have the shopping cart you also can honor our Amazon Prime!

andreaserben

cortot20 wrote:After all the $5 a day flat rate was a promotion from the beginning.

Only that it was never perceived as a promotion by anyone? It was featured prominently and I believe even in the FAQ - a bit too 'business as usual' to be called a 'promotion'.
Anyways - we will see what the customer reaction will be.

I for one am less than thrilled... would have expected a smarter solution.

andreaserben

mother wrote:Now that you have the shopping cart you also can honor our Amazon Prime!

I wish.

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
andreaserben wrote:I wish.

Me too...

tdedek

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdedek
mother wrote:Now that you have the shopping cart you also can honor our Amazon Prime!

+1!!!

rjquillin

quality posts: 182 Private Messages rjquillin

Drinking' the juice you are..

CT