dwasifar

quality posts: 5 Private Messages dwasifar
ThunderThighs wrote:Wine shipments (even non-Wine items) take a bit longer than shipments from our other sites. Allow at least 2-3 weeks.

The FAQ:

How long is shipment going to take?
You should get your wine in 2-3 weeks, often sooner. We know the wait is kind of a drag. But it's still gonna taste good (maybe even better), and since we leave it to the wineries to get the wine to you, you can count on their experience to send their wine using their expert methodologies.

So the answer is, your coffee is taking extra time to ship because it's wine?

1000facescoffee

quality posts: 45 Private Messages 1000facescoffee
inertialacoustic wrote:Sheesh,

Ordered this, and seems like it's taking a long time to even begin shipping?

It's forcing me to drive to a Starbucks every morning and spend $2.25 on a cup of coffee

Did all of the coffee pallets in the warehouse unexpectedly explode or did all of the employees savor the fine taste for themselves???

What's the status of everything?

Hello everyone!

Good news for you - all orders went out in the last 3 days! We roasted like mad this weekend and early part of the week to meet all the orders - 20lbs at a time.

The FedEx driver rolled out of here about 2 hours ago with the last of the boxes.

You should be seeing your tracking info in the next day or two.

Thanks for ordering our beans.

1000faces coffee

dgp11776

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dgp11776
1000facescoffee wrote:Hello everyone!

Good news for you - all orders went out in the last 3 days! We roasted like mad this weekend and early part of the week to meet all the orders - 20lbs at a time.

The FedEx driver rolled out of here about 2 hours ago with the last of the boxes.

You should be seeing your tracking info in the next day or two.

Thanks for ordering our beans.

Got mine today.

gleemer

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gleemer

I have an espresso machine, and a French Press. Any recommendations on how to divide these?
Kochere from Yirgacheffe, Ethiopia,
El Meridiano from Tolima, Colombia,
Fazenda Ambiental Fortaleza from Mococa, Brazil
Aldo's Blend, Season Dark Blend

1000facescoffee

quality posts: 45 Private Messages 1000facescoffee
gleemer wrote:I have an espresso machine, and a French Press. Any recommendations on how to divide these?
Kochere from Yirgacheffe, Ethiopia,
El Meridiano from Tolima, Colombia,
Fazenda Ambiental Fortaleza from Mococa, Brazil
Aldo's Blend, Season Dark Blend

We think it'd be fun to try each brewed in both methods. Grab a note pad and jot down some thoughts on each coffee prepared in the two different methods, and then compare your notes.

French press is typically not the best method for extracting nuanced flavors, due to the high volume of dissolved solids, which tent to yield a murkier, but more robust cup.

Espresso is a great way to taste and the flavors are very concentrated. Should be a great way to analyze the 4 different coffees and note the differences, especially if you can keep all other variables (dose, grind, tamp) the same.

Good luck and tell us what you think!

1000faces coffee

khunjeff

quality posts: 21 Private Messages khunjeff

Remember when I said that my last 1000 Faces Sampler from Woot took five weeks to get to me by "SmartPost"? Well, this time it took SEVEN weeks - just arrived today. I love the coffee, but this will be the last time I order it. The transit time is beyond ridiculous...grocery store coffee is fresher than this. Oh, well.