boatman72

quality posts: 13 Private Messages boatman72

Ohhhh Baby...I've been waiting for a Pedroncelli offer to come around. Been checking every day and almost didn't check today. I've got Vet bills, a boat in the driveway to get ready for the water, and 460+ bottles in the basement. Nuts??? Hope not because I love the consistent QPR this wine brings to the table and I have been taking it cautiously slow on drinking what I have in the stash. NOT NO MORE...just pressed that big ole button!!!! Thanks Pedroncelli!!!!

tonycyndy

quality posts: 14 Private Messages tonycyndy

Pedroncelli has never let me down. I'm in.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1

I'm totally surprised this hasn't sold out yet....If you haven't bought yet... do it now!!

losthighwayz

quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz
mommadeb1 wrote:I'm totally surprised this hasn't sold out yet....If you haven't bought yet... do it now!!

Well, case production for the cab is 7500 and Zin around 10000 so Looks like theres lots of wine to go around!

"The older I get the better I was"

scphillips

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scphillips
rpm wrote:To some of us who knew Pat, Jerry will always be "Junior Brown"....

(my Dad knew him at Lowell High School)

As if this label hasn't had enough props from other Wooters, now the redoubtable rpm bestows his imprimatur! To any sitting on the buy button, the universe has spoken: Buy. This. Woot.

I was too young to vote against Pat Brown, but old enough to vote against his son -- in both the 20th and 21st century. How does this relate to wine, one might ask? Well, it means that when I raise my glass of Pedroncelli it ain't gonna involve a toast to either Brown. Instead, I'll drink to try and forget them.

A good plan would be to buy some 2012 Pedroncelli Dry Creek Valley Rose of Zinfandel to slurp up while your reds (like my '08 magnum of Three Vineyards cab) take a little nap. Hopefully, Woot! will arrange to have the Ped rose offered sometime soon. Summer approaches, after all.

(BTW, didn't Jerry go to St. Ignatius?)

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern

Guess you could say I'm a Pedroncelli fan:

Vintage Wine Quantity Appellation CScore
2005 Pedroncelli Cabernet Sauvignon block 007 estate vineyard 1 Dry Creek Valley 88.5
2009 Pedroncelli Cabernet Sauvignon Morris Fay Vineyard 6 Alexander Valley 86.05882353
2008 Pedroncelli Cabernet Sauvignon Morris Fay Vineyard 3 Alexander Valley 85.6875
2009 Pedroncelli Cabernet Sauvignon Three Vineyards 2 Dry Creek Valley 87
2008 Pedroncelli Cabernet Sauvignon Three Vineyards 3 Dry Creek Valley 90
2010 Pedroncelli friends.red 5 Sonoma County 82.16666667
2009 Pedroncelli Merlot Bench Vineyards 6 Dry Creek Valley 85.25
2009 Pedroncelli Sangiovese Alto Vineyards 6 Dry Creek Valley 87.375
2008 Pedroncelli Sangiovese Alto Vineyards 1 Dry Creek Valley 84.48275862
2011 Pedroncelli Sauvignon Blanc East Side Vineyards 4 Dry Creek Valley
2007 Pedroncelli Syrah Ridge Ranch 2 Alexander Valley 84.89285714
2009 Pedroncelli Zinfandel Mother Clone Dry Creek Valley 9 Dry Creek Valley 87.01960784

BTW the 2008 Pedroncelli Cabernet Sauvignon Three Vineyards MAGNUMS are drinking GREAT!

Ed can we get more Magnums????

klezman

quality posts: 122 Private Messages klezman
rjquillin wrote:... and I don't see any PS on your site. Was the '09 the last release. PM regarding the PN.

I got a bottle of the 09 PS when I was there last month...

2014: 32 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Jana Cathedral 3 L
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
klezman wrote:I got a bottle of the 09 PS when I was there last month...

Think I got mine on the rpm tour, yes, tour #2, just added some '10 as well.
Today had not been at all kind to my plastic, glad the refi got approved.

CT

jmdavidson

quality posts: 57 Private Messages jmdavidson
PedroncelliFamily wrote:ok, ok...next RPM tour. But someone will need to remind me!!

RPM, please make a note of this so NEXT summer we can try the library wines.

siwbm

quality posts: 5 Private Messages siwbm
PedroncelliFamily wrote:here is the link to the muffins. You buy and I'll have Julie post the pickle recipe! http://www.pedroncelli.com/about/recipes/category/desserts/chocolate-(-zuchini)-muffins/

I came through; Ed came through: Zuchini Bread & Butter Pickles

nikkers1023

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nikkers1023

So sad, my husband adores the port offering but we ordered this case and were terribly dissapointed. The wine is very harsh and acidic. We tried them both straight from the bottle and also decanted - with little improvement. Feeling that perhaps it was just us we had multiple friends over for a tasting and it was a unanimous vote - the wine is just not enjoyable.

Wish we knew what we were missing as it seems everyone else enjoys this wine! Does it need to stay in the cellar for some time? Longer decanting? Certain temperatures? Anything anyone can offer would be appreciated. We would really like to 'like' this wine!