RyanANNAPOLIS

quality posts: 2 Private Messages RyanANNAPOLIS

I picked up a case during the last Pedroncelli Woot offering and it was a tremendous value. These wine themselves are a value at retail, so to get them at a discount is a winning proposition for me. The price is a bit higher than the last offering but then so is the price of stocks, real estate and milk. If you're looking for a varietally correct $10 daily drinker, I recommend these.

rjquillin

quality posts: 189 Private Messages rjquillin
PedroncelliFamily wrote:True, oh so true. {snipped} Pretty easy way to save 25% in the future--give me a call 800-836-3894. PLUS I can harass you in person!

I think you already did that when the 2012 rpm tour was all over your Mother Clone like geese on June-bugs, and those port cupcakes.

How's your 2011 PN, and are you making any progress on library selections?

CT

PedroncelliFamily

quality posts: 69 Private Messages PedroncelliFamily
Anchoku wrote:100% new oak?

Any other comments on how oaky the wines are?

never 100% new oak. usually about 25-30% new. We really try to hold back on the wood to allow the fruit to show through.

Something you read somewhere?

woopdedoo

quality posts: 36 Private Messages woopdedoo

Hey Ed!

As always, thanks for playing. Great classic wines from a wonderful family.

And today - a great deal too.

Many, many thanks again for your wonderful hospitality to all of the tour-ists. It is a bit of a hike, but always a special part of our trips, and a stop I want to last a bit longer.

All my best to Julie, Jim and the whole crew.

PedroncelliFamily

siwbm wrote:Bike? Bowflex? What are these items? I have nothing like these in the basement. No books, either. Just wine gently aging. Pedroncelli seems to need a couple of years to get really good. Would you suggest infanticide?

I confess. Our wines do improve with some time in the bottle. We'll be doing an event in Mammoth over the July 4th weekend wherein we'll be tasting wines from four decades. Can't do that with wines that age on the truck and are "so easy to drink right now".

But, that being said, I drink current vintage stuff every night. I rarely tuck it away--I guess it's the ADD-OS in me (attention deficit disorder-OH! Shiney!)

It's a matter of taste, and mine tends to lean toward "leaner" wines.

smartheart

quality posts: 94 Private Messages smartheart

Already sung the praises of this winery and its wine in a posting last night. Buying is a no-brainer.

But, Mods, please pass on the following thoughts to both Woot execs and Woot buyers.

Have you noticed how many buyers who already like this wine have posted that they would buy it (or buy even more) IF THEY HAD an ability to protectively store more wine at home.

PLEASE, offer some good quality, good warranty, great priced wine coolers for sale here or under home.woot. I don't mean those that hold 6-40 bottles. People are passing on buying cases (even multiple cases) for lack of cool storage. Offer us cooling models that hold 150 bottles, 200 bottles, 250 bottles. (Make sure those really will hold that many bottles of all kinds. Usually the estimates are overstated and sparkling wine and some other styles of bottles take up more space, lowering the capacity).

Think how much more wine you would sell ! Bang, zoom go the fireworks!!

Oh, one more note....most of the wine coolers, even the big names, are, what's a nice way to put this.....well, crap. I've exhaustively researched the big name companies....so much so that I've called at odd times to AVOID their marketing staff and talk with other employees of these companies and kind of social engineered info out of them about how poorly their machines are bult, how many arrive D.O.A., and how many either burn out within the first few weks of ownership or, miraculously, just after the last week of warranty coverage....and what poor service their company provides.

So, Woot, find us some good qualty machines. Perhaps commercial if they are better built? (That I haven't researched.)

I bet Woot would surprise itself at how much you sell if you offer these good-sized machines at a great Woot price.....profiting on the machines and profiting on a continuing turnover of extra wine sold.

Hope the powers that be are listening.

"Three be the things I shall never attain: Envy, content, and sufficient champagne."
--D. Parker

PedroncelliFamily

rjquillin wrote:I think you already did that when the 2012 rpm tour was all over your Mother Clone like geese on June-bugs, and those port cupcakes.

How's your 2011 PN, and are you making any progress on library selections?

Oh, man! Don't tell everyone about our Pinot! Crud, now it's going to sell out and I won't have any to drink!
(4 M's on the M scale. Best freakin' deal in our line up. A Russian River Pinot for $20. You gotta be kiddin' me!)

siwbm

quality posts: 5 Private Messages siwbm
PedroncelliFamily wrote:I confess. Our wines do improve with some time in the bottle. We'll be doing an event in Mammoth over the July 4th weekend wherein we'll be tasting wines from four decades. Can't do that with wines that age on the truck and are "so easy to drink right now".

But, that being said, I drink current vintage stuff every night. I rarely tuck it away--I guess it's the ADD-OS in me (attention deficit disorder-OH! Shiney!)

It's a matter of taste, and mine tends to lean toward "leaner" wines.

"Leaner" in the wine context can mean different things. Are you talking about less fruit forward?

I'm not a fan of oak bombs, really. OTOH, I haven't met a Ped I didn't like, and that includes the people.

This still doesn't help me push

Squirrel!

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
smartheart wrote:Already sung the praises of this winery and its wine in a posting last night. Buying is a no-brainer.

But, Mods, please pass on the following thoughts to both Woot execs and Woot buyers.

Have you noticed how many buyers who already like this wine have posted that they would buy it (or buy even more) IF THEY HAD an ability to protectively store more wine at home.

PLEASE, offer some good quality, good warranty, great priced wine coolers for sale here or under home.woot. I don't mean those that hold 6-40 bottles. People are passing on buying cases (even multiple cases) for lack of cool storage. Offer us cooling models that hold 150 bottles, 200 bottles, 250 bottles. (Make sure those really will hold that many bottles of all kinds. Usually the estimates are overstated and sparkling wine and some other styles of bottles take up more space, lowering the capacity).

Think how much more wine you would sell ! Bang, zoom go the fireworks!!

Oh, one more note....most of the wine coolers, even the big names, are, what's a nice way to put this.....well, crap. I've exhaustively researched the big name companies....so much so that I've called at odd times to AVOID their marketing staff and talk with other employees of these companies and kind of social engineered info out of them about how poorly built their machines are bult, how many arrive D.O.A., and how many either burn out within the first few weks of ownership or, miraculously, the last week of warranty coverage....and what poor service their company provides.

So, Woot, find us some good qualty machines. Perhaps commercial if they are better built? (That I haven't researched.)

I bet Woot would surprise itself at how much you sell if you offer these good-sized machines at a great Woot price.

Hope the powers that be are listening.

Dude, that's what craigslist is for. Check it regularly and the deal you are looking for will eventually pop up. I live in Ohio, not exactly wine country, and I checked it religiously for 6 months, eventually getting a 160 bottle cooler (I fit closer to 200 in it with half-bottles and uncoventential stacking), that even used, would have sold for $1,200. Got it for $200 and couldn't be happier.

EDIT: Pedroncelli, it'a Italian for "you could store this stuff in your bath tub and it would still be a great deal".

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

PedroncelliFamily

siwbm wrote:"Leaner" in the wine context can mean different things. Are you talking about less fruit forward?

I'm not a fan of oak bombs, really. OTOH, I haven't met a Ped I didn't like, and that includes the people.

This still doesn't help me push

Squirrel!

"Leaner" slightly less fruit forward, judicious use of oak, higher acidity, balanced.

You obviously haven't met me. I'm not very likable!

rjquillin

PedroncelliFamily wrote:Oh, man! Don't tell everyone about our Pinot! Crud, now it's going to sell out and I won't have any to drink!
(4 M's on the M scale. Best freakin' deal in our line up. A Russian River Pinot for $20. You gotta be kiddin' me!)

... and I don't see any PS on your site. Was the '09 the last release. PM regarding the PN.

CT

karowa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages karowa

Think we will ever get a Wellington case again?

siwbm

PedroncelliFamily wrote:"Leaner" slightly less fruit forward, judicious use of oak, higher acidity, balanced.

You obviously haven't met me. I'm not very likable!

Oh, I met you on the tour, and you threw down the challenge that you like breaking SWIBMs. I've been waiting ever since to take up that challenge.

I do remember the story that WD was at Pedroncelli the first time, and wondered why the great QPRs. The answer was simple; after 70+ years, no mortgages to service.

PedroncelliFamily

rjquillin wrote:... and I don't see any PS on your site. Was the '09 the last release. PM regarding the PN.

it should be here http://store.pedroncelli.com/SHOP.AMS?LEVEL=MID&CATCODE=HEARTY
if it doesn't show up, clear your cache and restart your browser. I'm actually meeting with my webmaster about this issue today!

PedroncelliFamily

siwbm wrote:Oh, I met you on the tour, and you threw down the challenge that you like breaking SWIBMs. I've been waiting ever since to take up that challenge.

I do remember the story that WD was at Pedroncelli the first time, and wondered why the great QPRs. The answer was simple; after 70+ years, no mortgages to service.

Yeah, "What's the catch?" was the exact quote. Those were the good ol' days when WD actually made physical appearances and took time with valued vintners. Alas, I guess those days are gone... (this is a dig to see if he's watching!)

losthighwayz

quality posts: 63 Private Messages losthighwayz
RyanANNAPOLIS wrote:I picked up a case during the last Pedroncelli Woot offering and it was a tremendous value. These wine themselves are a value at retail, so to get them at a discount is a winning proposition for me. The price is a bit higher than the last offering but then so is the price of stocks, real estate and milk. If you're looking for a varietally correct $10 daily drinker, I recommend these.

I got the mixed case last year and did not care for the Sangio or Merlot. Sangio was extremely green for my buds...Merlot overly tannic. However, I have had their Mother Zin and Cab (cant recall if morris or one up to day)....The Zin was awesome!

"The older I get the better I was"

rjquillin

PedroncelliFamily wrote:it should be here http://store.pedroncelli.com/SHOP.AMS?LEVEL=MID&CATCODE=HEARTY
if it doesn't show up, clear your cache and restart your browser. I'm actually meeting with my webmaster about this issue today!

Got it, but what's up with 'no pricing available'?
please check your pm too..

CT

losthighwayz

Anyone in SoCal want to split? I only want the Zins...

yorknh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yorknh
PedroncelliFamily wrote:Actually is is second time Gov. Gerry (Moonbeam, as we knew him in the 70's)Brown who's asking for a piece. Even with tax, this is a screaming deal. And besides, after a glass or two you'll be enjoying your meal and conversation. Heck you might even raise a glass to Ol' Moonbeam!

Everytime I hear the name Gerry Brown I immediately think "California uber alles".

Anyway, I was going to resist this because my wine fridges are full, but I kept seeing people talk about just stashing away a box, and it occurred to me that I have a place in the basement that stays cool where I can store the unopened box and just forget about it until we move later this year.

rpm

quality posts: 183 Private Messages rpm

I see many others have preceded me in singing the praises of our friends at Pedroncelli!

This is an autobuy for wines that represent good QPR even at their retail prices.

Hi, Ed! My best to Jim, Julie and the whole family!

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

rpm

quality posts: 183 Private Messages rpm
PedroncelliFamily wrote:Actually is is second time Gov. Gerry (Moonbeam, as we knew him in the 70's)Brown who's asking for a piece. Even with tax, this is a screaming deal. And besides, after a glass or two you'll be enjoying your meal and conversation. Heck you might even raise a glass to Ol' Moonbeam!

To some of us who knew Pat, Jerry will always be "Junior Brown"....

(my Dad knew him at Lowell High School)

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

PedroncelliFamily

rjquillin wrote:Got it, but what's up with 'no pricing available'?
please check your pm too..

Ok. Try now.

PedroncelliFamily

Hi all--I have to jump off for a couple of hours. All this wooting has made Pedroncelli a very popular brand and I have to go play "Extremely Important Wine Exec" for a couple of hours. Please feel free to email me if I don't make it back before we sell out! ed@pedroncelli.com

WaltW

quality posts: 1 Private Messages WaltW

I just happened to look at the Woot site today and can only think about my past Pedroncelli purchases and how this would have been an auto-buy -- when it was available in Virginia.

UBlink

quality posts: 19 Private Messages UBlink
rpm wrote:To some of us who knew Pat, Jerry will always be "Junior Brown"....

I don't have time to post a link but do a search on YouTube for Junior Brown. I particularly like the one with the Beach Boys.

Following the eight word profile, political economy in eight words:
Ain't no free lunch - them what has gets.

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
losthighwayz wrote:Anyone in SoCal want to split? I only want the Zins...

I would take 2 or 3 of the cabs from you...

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

siwbm

rpm wrote:To some of us who knew Pat, Jerry will always be "Junior Brown"....

Jerry has become the answer to the trivia question, "who was the youngest governor of California, and who was the oldest governor of California?"

Remember the days of Linda Ronstadt?

InFrom

quality posts: 34 Private Messages InFrom

Speed to First Woot:
1m 58.226s

First Sucker:
chemvictim

Last Wooter to Woot:
InFrom

Last Purchase:
3 minutes ago

In for 2 cases. Pedroncelli is a favorite among my wine-buying friends.

And I join the comments about letting it sit a while. I just unearthed a bottle of the Boss Monster (which I believe was already confirmed to be from Pedroncelli) a couple of weeks ago, and it was fantastic. Whereas when it first arrived (back in 2009) I liked but did not love it.

rjquillin

UBlink wrote:I don't have time to post a link but do a search on YouTube for Junior Brown. I particularly like the one with the Beach Boys.

When I worked at Paramount Pictures we used to see him and Linda of the Stone Ponies hanging out at Lucy's just across the street after we finished up a late shoot. Oh, the pitchers of margaritas we consumed..

CT

stevenator1957

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stevenator1957
PedroncelliFamily wrote:Get rid of the bike you never ride, sell the Bow flex (use the money on wine.woot) toss the boxes of books (they are all available in electronic form now anyway) Oh, and those bowling balls, tennis rackets, in-line skates, 45's, LP's and 8 tracks can go too!

Any other questions?

In for 1 more, just made room by tossing my vintage Mad Magazine collection

SmilingBoognish

quality posts: 49 Private Messages SmilingBoognish
karowa wrote:Think we will ever get a Wellington case again?

I'm almost out of Mandolina...

losthighwayz

tytiger58 wrote:I would take 2 or 3 of the cabs from you...

Sounds great. I am In. Just the little push I needed. If the SoCal gathering is still on for May 4th I will bring with me hopefully get them by then). We can then figure out the Wine Smith Chards I am taking from you.

losthighwayz

Last Wooter to Woot:losthighwayz
Last Purchase:a minute ago

Done.

tamcap

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tamcap

Last Wooter to Woot: tamcap
It's my great comeback to wine.woot! Woo. Also, if anyone in central NC wants a bottle or two (at cost), PM me.

bobrush12866

quality posts: 8 Private Messages bobrush12866

Anyone in Upstate NY, Saratoga Springs, want to do a split or take all the Cabs.... I just want the Zin.... Post here or PM me.

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 42 Private Messages fredrinaldi
North316 wrote:Pedroncelli, its Italian for "QPR".

was gonna PM you but I dont see the button anymore, have they taken that away?

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus
fredrinaldi wrote:was gonna PM you but I dont see the button anymore, have they taken that away?

I still see it.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

rjquillin

fredrinaldi wrote:was gonna PM you but I dont see the button anymore, have they taken that away?

Only there if you are logged in.

CT

PedroncelliFamily

I'm BAAAAAAACK!

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 42 Private Messages fredrinaldi
rjquillin wrote:Only there if you are logged in.

I am some folks I see the envelope, but not by your post here or Norths, or kylemittskus
maybe its the work computer, I'll check when I get home.