rjquillin

quality posts: 183 Private Messages rjquillin

A most excellent post-tax day QPR offering I enthusiastically endorse. I purchase Ed's wine by the case, put them in the locker or a cool closet and forget about them for a couple years or so and end up with bottles drinking way above their cost.

Ed, if is it still true you purchase from woot! and get wine club pricing for future purchases, confirm for the munchkins here, makes this an even better value.

Over five cases in stock dominated by Mother Clone and Three Vineyards, two more now on the way, this should sellout.
Klez, got two just so I could share.

Last Wooter to Woot: rjquillin

Dang, and a Sparky to boot, now, off to the Ardente...
perhaps freak on some bacon, but pass on the dyson.

CT

tomatillo

quality posts: 8 Private Messages tomatillo

Over the years, each time I open a wine.woot Pedrocelli bottle, my mostly non-wine-drinking swmbo - after tasting - smiles and asks if we've ever had Pedrocelli before.
Doesn't matter that she doesn't remember: it's a good thing for our marriage (esp. that she hasn't a clue as to how much Pedrocelli has moved through our cellar).

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
rjquillin wrote:A most excellent post-tax day QPR offering I enthusiastically endorse. I purchase Ed's wine by the case, put them in the locker or a cool closet and forget about them for a couple years or so and end up with bottles drinking way above their cost.

Ed, if is it still true you purchase from woot! and get wine club pricing for future purchases, confirm for the munchkins here, makes this an even better value.

Over five cases in stock dominated by Mother Clone and Three Vineyards, two more now on the way, this should sellout.
Klez, got two just so I could share.

Last Wooter to Woot: rjquillin

Dang, and a Sparky to boot, now, off to the Ardente...
perhaps freak on some bacon, but pass on the dyson.

enjoy your $23 per pound bacon...

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

North316 wrote:Pedroncelli, its Italian for "QPR".

Nice.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

PBurke5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages PBurke5
cortot20 wrote:They started breaking out the tax in your orders about two months ago. You used to get get charged a flat tax rate that was rolled into the offer price. And no Obama sees none of your sales tax, it all goes to your greedy state.

Paul D Burke

fogtower

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fogtower

I had a case of this and found all of the wine to be pretty average. I still have some left of each one because I keep avoiding them. I think the price is clouding judgement here.

webdev511

quality posts: 38 Private Messages webdev511

no room in the cellar or I'd be in on this.

SmilingBoognish

quality posts: 49 Private Messages SmilingBoognish
fogtower wrote:I had a case of this and found all of the wine to be pretty average. I still have some left of each one because I keep avoiding them. I think the price is clouding judgement here.

It's all about personal taste, but I will say many of there wines are "sleepers" that get much better with a few years of bottle age.
For me, these are great value wines that I don't mind opening up on a Tuesday or a Saturday.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
fogtower wrote:I had a case of this and found all of the wine to be pretty average. I still have some left of each one because I keep avoiding them. I think the price is clouding judgement here.

When did you purchase such case? As noted numerous times, these wines tend to be significantly better over a year after purchase date, which is why most here say they purchase, stash away, and drink in a year or two.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

SmilingBoognish

I guess another way to put it is this: There is a LOT of bad wine out there for $10/btl. If you find one that you like at that price, particularly a red, you should buy cases.
OR
$10/btl is a good price for "average" wine, in my book.

klezman

quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman
rjquillin wrote:Klez, got two just so I could share.

This is particularly entertaining on a case offering I'll add it to the list. I need to drink a lot of wine before the next gathering...

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

ryall12

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ryall12

So from what I am hearing this should be just as good as the 2009 if not better if we allow it to age for a year or so?

bsevern

quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern

Picked up two cases of Pedroncelli on 5/2/2012 from woot, and also a case on the woot tour last year.

I just had a bottle of the 2009 Mother Clone Zinfandel. Here's my tasting notes on it:

PnP'd this one, nice structure and balance, refined tannins, dark fruit, cloves, baking spice, medium finish, bit of pepper on the finish. Great bottle for $8.50!

PedroncelliFamily

quality posts: 63 Private Messages PedroncelliFamily
siwbm wrote:OK, Ed from PEDroncelli: game on.

See my user name? Yeah.

Convince me to go against my very name.

Heck, even my avatar (one of the five random avatars woot gave me to chose from) is saying "no wai".

This is sort of like taking candy from a baby...which I'm getting practice at these days--I have the two cutest grandsons in the world. And they need new shoes. Push the button!

PedroncelliFamily

SmilingBoognish wrote:Does anyone know how the Three Vineyards cab compares to the Morris Fay Vineyard that's been previously offered?

I was about to go in for 3, but was curious about the cab. Pedroncelli has always been a solid QPR, and a surprisingly good label to lay down for a year or 5 if you have the space to lay down relatively inexpensive wine.

The Three Vineyards is a Bordeaux blend--Cab Sauv., Cab franc, and Merlot. Dry Creek Valley. The MF Cab was 100% cab from Alexander Valley.

Stylistically they are similar wines. The cab franc in this wine really shows through quite nicely. Great long finish, with a little grip.

I believe this wine will age easily 5-8 more years if you want to lay it down. Good balance--it's a deal at this price!!

PedroncelliFamily

chemvictim wrote:Pedroncelli Mixed Red Case (12)
Speed to first woot: 1m 58.226s
First sucker:chemvictim

Ha!

What took you so long? firing up the 80 286?

PedroncelliFamily

cmaldoon wrote:I was on last years wine woot tour and bought four bottles of 2009 mother clone Zin then. Sadly all of those bottles are gone now.

What I loved about the wine was the fact that it was really in your face. Lots of berry and significant oak. Nothing commercial or fake tasting.

Whenever I had sausages I craved this wine and whenever I had this wine I craved sausages. Something about a nice fatty grilled sausage just works with it.

I paid $14 for it at the winery and would happily do so again. Here for $10 it's a steal

$10!!!??? OH NO! you said it out loud!! now we are going to scream through this offer!

PedroncelliFamily

siwbm wrote:Speaking of the 2012 tour, Ed, how about posting the recipe for the zucchini bread and butter pickles? That might change my mind.

here is the link to the muffins. You buy and I'll have Julie post the pickle recipe! http://www.pedroncelli.com/about/recipes/category/desserts/chocolate-(-zuchini)-muffins/

kylemittskus

quality posts: 232 Private Messages kylemittskus
SmilingBoognish wrote:It's all about personal taste, but I will say many of there wines are "sleepers" that get much better with a few years of bottle age.
For me, these are great value wines that I don't mind opening up on a Tuesday or a Saturday.

I was going to post this also. If this is your first Ped offer, let them sleep for a year or three. They get MUCH better after some time.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

PedroncelliFamily

UBlink wrote:With Pedroncelli it's Sure I Will Buy More. Enjoy.

Classic!

rjquillin

quality posts: 183 Private Messages rjquillin
North316 wrote:enjoy your $23 per pound bacon...

so I forgot the

CT

verybadperson

quality posts: 1 Private Messages verybadperson

I can purchase the cab and zin locally for $14.99 and $12.99. The locally tax rate on booze is 8.2% so that would bring the total for a matching split case to $181.65.

That means a WOOT discount of 34% off the street price.

PedroncelliFamily

my2cents4u2c wrote:Purchased 2 cases of Pedroncelli offering last time on woot. Curious as to when wine.woot started charging tax on wine orders. Had 7 orders in 2012 w/o tax...now Obama wants a piece of my vice?

Actually is is second time Gov. Gerry (Moonbeam, as we knew him in the 70's)Brown who's asking for a piece. Even with tax, this is a screaming deal. And besides, after a glass or two you'll be enjoying your meal and conversation. Heck you might even raise a glass to Ol' Moonbeam!

PedroncelliFamily

my2cents4u2c wrote:by the way, this is the ONLY vintner from whom I purchased MULTIPLE cases, never a letdown.

How do you make an "I'm humbled by your kindness" emoticon?

noslensj

quality posts: 44 Private Messages noslensj
North316 wrote:When did you purchase such case? As noted numerous times, these wines tend to be significantly better over a year after purchase date, which is why most here say they purchase, stash away, and drink in a year or two.

Based on this advice and input from the previous offer (and because I was out of storage area in more accessible areas), when my Pedroncelli case arrived from the last offering I immediately slapped labels on the box and stuck it in my long term storage area in basement niche. There it has reposed, Fortunato-like, ever since. Likely won't get to it for even one more year.

So I'm weighing whether I should add to the current stash, for something I haven't even tried yet!

PedroncelliFamily

North316 wrote:Pedroncelli, its Italian for "QPR".

I love it when Wooters pay attention! Actually it's Italian for "join me on the bocce deck for a glass of rose next time you are at the winery!"

PedroncelliFamily

coynedj wrote:Oh, and re Pedroncelli - if not for my overflow storage area being in an overflow situation, I would be all over this offer. The QPR on their wines is excellent, and this offer makes it even better.

That is the weakest excuse I have EVER heard. You DO NOT have an over-flow problem, you have one of two other problems:
Not drinking enough wine
or
Don't have enough friends

Simple solution in either case. Push the button or regret it later...another simple solution!

PedroncelliFamily

ryall12 wrote:How does the 2010 stack against the 2009 from last time? The last one was spectacular and I have been hoping for more.
I know the tax thing rolled blah blah but this one is $10 more before tax is added in which means it is really $25 more or $2 a bottle more for me.

I would pay that for the last deal again, is this year just as good?

The great part of making wine from the same grapes off the same land for the last 7 decades, or so, is that you kinda learn how to do it, how to do it well, and how to do it well consistently .

Push the button, you will not regret it.

siwbm

quality posts: 5 Private Messages siwbm
PedroncelliFamily wrote:This is sort of like taking candy from a baby...which I'm getting practice at these days--I have the two cutest grandsons in the world. And they need new shoes. Push the button!

Where am I going to put yet another case of your wine? I'm full up in the basement, including the case and a half I bought on the tour. Do I need yet more?

PedroncelliFamily

rjquillin wrote:A most excellent post-tax day QPR offering I enthusiastically endorse. I purchase Ed's wine by the case, put them in the locker or a cool closet and forget about them for a couple years or so and end up with bottles drinking way above their cost.

True, oh so true. BUT you have to contact me in about a month so I can flip some switches in your record. AND to keep your privacy in tact, we don't add Wooter's email addresses to our system and in order to order online I have to have an email address to activate online ordering. Pretty easy way to save 25% in the future--give me a call 800-836-3894. PLUS I can harass you in person!

SmilingBoognish

noslensj wrote:Likely won't get to it for even one more year.

So I'm weighing whether I should add to the current stash, for something I haven't even tried yet!

Crack a bottle of the zin, to my tastes it does not need as much time as the cab and cab blends.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
webdev511 wrote:no room in the cellar or I'd be in on this.

That didn't stop me....

PedroncelliFamily

tomatillo wrote:Over the years, each time I open a wine.woot Pedrocelli bottle, my mostly non-wine-drinking swmbo - after tasting - smiles and asks if we've ever had Pedrocelli before.
Doesn't matter that she doesn't remember: it's a good thing for our marriage (esp. that she hasn't a clue as to how much Pedrocelli has moved through our cellar).

I've always said that the biggest compliment you can pay us is to have a bottle of our wine on your table, surrounded by good friends and food. You reach for the bottle and find it's empty.

It's never about the wine, always about the wine enhancing your meal and your conversation. We love being the best kept secret in your cellar!

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
kylemittskus wrote:I was going to post this also. If this is your first Ped offer, let them sleep for a year or three. They get MUCH better after some time.

I usually can't wait that long!!

PedroncelliFamily

ryall12 wrote:So from what I am hearing this should be just as good as the 2009 if not better if we allow it to age for a year or so?

In short, yep.

PedroncelliFamily

siwbm wrote:Where am I going to put yet another case of your wine? I'm full up in the basement, including the case and a half I bought on the tour. Do I need yet more?

Get rid of the bike you never ride, sell the Bow flex (use the money on wine.woot) toss the boxes of books (they are all available in electronic form now anyway) Oh, and those bowling balls, tennis rackets, in-line skates, 45's, LP's and 8 tracks can go too!

Any other questions?

ryall12

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ryall12
PedroncelliFamily wrote:The great part of making wine from the same grapes off the same land for the last 7 decades, or so, is that you kinda learn how to do it, how to do it well, and how to do it well consistently .

Push the button, you will not regret it.

That was all I needed to hear, I pushed the button and if this one is even close to the 2009 I may end regretting only going in for 1.

juxcallmebob

quality posts: 3 Private Messages juxcallmebob

I also bought this back in 05/12 and have to say I was very underwhelmed by it. It wasn't bad but I just wouldn't want to drink 12 bottles of so-so wine. I found it flat and can't imagine it improving over time as some people are saying. But that is just my 2 cents.

Anchoku

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Anchoku

100% new oak?

Any other comments on how oaky the wines are?

siwbm

quality posts: 5 Private Messages siwbm
PedroncelliFamily wrote:Get rid of the bike you never ride, sell the Bow flex (use the money on wine.woot) toss the boxes of books (they are all available in electronic form now anyway) Oh, and those bowling balls, tennis rackets, in-line skates, 45's, LP's and 8 tracks can go too!

Any other questions?

Bike? Bowflex? What are these items? I have nothing like these in the basement. No books, either. Just wine gently aging. Pedroncelli seems to need a couple of years to get really good. Would you suggest infanticide?