$114.99 $̶2̶3̶5̶.̶0̶0̶ 51% off List Price
2010 Three Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon, Dry Creek Valley, Sonoma County
2010 Mother Clone Zinfandel, Dry Creek Valley, Sonoma County
CT links above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

siwbm

quality posts: 5 Private Messages siwbm

OK, Ed from PEDroncelli: game on.

See my user name? Yeah.

Convince me to go against my very name.

Heck, even my avatar (one of the five random avatars woot gave me to chose from) is saying "no wai".

nealkb

quality posts: 13 Private Messages nealkb

This is quite a lot for my storage and wallet. Therefore, Bay Area splits? If you have my number text me, if not ^^^username@gmail.
Cheers
Neal

Neal K Bharadwaj

SmilingBoognish

quality posts: 47 Private Messages SmilingBoognish

Does anyone know how the Three Vineyards cab compares to the Morris Fay Vineyard that's been previously offered?

The Mother Clone was Woot Cellars Boss Monster, iirc. I was about to go in for 3, but was curious about the cab. Pedroncelli has always been a solid QPR, and a surprisingly good label to lay down for a year or 5 if you have the space to lay down relatively inexpensive wine.

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim

Pedroncelli Mixed Red Case (12)
Speed to first woot: 1m 58.226s
First sucker:chemvictim

Ha!

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

Great QPR wines.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

klezman

quality posts: 122 Private Messages klezman

Well done chem!

I'm not going to purchase myself, but I'll be happy to take a couple bottles of each off somebody's order in SoCal. I haven't had more than 2 bottles from last spring's Pedroncelli case offering These wines to tend to need a bit of time to come around, imo.

Also paid a visit to the winery during barrel tasting weekend. Ed and Jim were both pouring and we got to reminisce a bit about the 2010 Tour. Great guys, great wine (and love the port, too).

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

smartheart

quality posts: 94 Private Messages smartheart

Have always enjoyed this winery's offerings and appreciated the QPR.

"Three be the things I shall never attain: Envy, content, and sufficient champagne."
--D. Parker

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

I was on last years wine woot tour and bought four bottles of 2009 mother clone Zin then. Sadly all of those bottles are gone now.

What I loved about the wine was the fact that it was really in your face. Lots of berry and significant oak. Nothing commercial or fake tasting.

Whenever I had sausages I craved this wine and whenever I had this wine I craved sausages. Something about a nice fatty grilled sausage just works with it.

I paid $14 for it at the winery and would happily do so again. Here for $10 it's a steal

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

siwbm

quality posts: 5 Private Messages siwbm
cmaldoon wrote:I was on last years wine woot tour and bought four bottles of 2009 mother clone Zin then.

Speaking of the 2012 tour, Ed, how about posting the recipe for the zucchini bread and butter pickles? That might change my mind.

trager

quality posts: 1 Private Messages trager

The Mother Clone Zin is a great value wine under most circumstances; at this price? In for two.

I've had the Three Vineyards a couple years back and enjoyed it, but the vintage I had was immature. Definitely worth picking up for cheap and cellaring.

keithmaddock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keithmaddock

I was in for the mixed case last May and found it to be a great QPR. This deal runs $25 richer (for those paying California tax) than that. Funny as I had just opened up a bottle of wine 15 minutes ago and in choosing it, noted that I was down to my last Pedroncelli, and wondered when Woot would have another offering. Viola! Auto-buy for me before the clock hits midnight here on the West Coast.

PS - NealKB - check your Gmail, I am game for splitting off 1/3 of the case. (Bay Area)

keithmaddock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keithmaddock
cmaldoon wrote:
Whenever I had sausages I craved this wine and whenever I had this wine I craved sausages. Something about a nice fatty grilled sausage just works with it.

Thanks for making me hungry at 11:30pm, that sounds really good!!

empapel

quality posts: 6 Private Messages empapel

Looks like a decent deal. I just bought a new wine cellar and am clueless about everything. Thanks for links and reviews, everyone.

sarcasm, geeks & microsoft humor
http://2tothe5th.com

UBlink

quality posts: 18 Private Messages UBlink

With Pedroncelli it's Sure I Will Buy More. Enjoy.

siwbm wrote:OK, Ed from PEDroncelli: game on.

See my user name? Yeah.

Heck, even my avatar (one of the five random avatars woot gave me to chose from) is saying "no wai".

Following the eight word profile, political economy in eight words:
Ain't no free lunch - them what has gets.

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 17 Private Messages pseudogourmet98

Thanks to all the input from the west coast posters before retiring for helping this east coast Wooter to make what will probably be the easiest decision of the day!

Last Wooter to Woot:pseudogourmet98

gwg66

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gwg66
UBlink wrote:With Pedroncelli it's Sure I Will Buy More. Enjoy.

Nicely done UBlink! That clever effort deserves a Quality Post.

Thanks for the latest Woot! Ed, in for 2....

my2cents4u2c

quality posts: 0 Private Messages my2cents4u2c

Purchased 2 cases of Pedroncelli offering last time on woot. Curious as to when wine.woot started charging tax on wine orders. Had 7 orders in 2012 w/o tax...now Obama wants a piece of my vice?

my2cents4u2c

quality posts: 0 Private Messages my2cents4u2c
my2cents4u2c wrote:Purchased 2 cases of Pedroncelli offering last time on woot. Curious as to when wine.woot started charging tax on wine orders. Had 7 orders in 2012 w/o tax...now Obama wants a piece of my vice?

by the way, this is the ONLY vintner from whom I purchased MULTIPLE cases, never a letdown.

tjhoulihan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjhoulihan

Based on past experience. This will likely sell out a few seconds before you decide to break the SIWBM... Later tonight you will find yourself breaking into a $25 bottle and wishing you had more $10 daily drinkers...

Edit: Last Wooter to Woot:tjhoulihan

Last Purchase:a minute ago

See my user name? Yeah.

bflohl

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bflohl

Pedroncelli=autobuy for me. They dominate my little cellar. Just checked, and I still have a 2006 PS from a 2009 woot offering. Guess I need to drink that one up.

mrn1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mrn1

I really haven't been buying much wine lately as the wine storage racks I made over the winter can't accomodate all I already have. But how can you pass on these Peds at these prices. If you're on the fence hit buy. If you want more info to force you to hit the the buy button go to the World Of Wine Woot community page and read the thread on Zins.

dmallette

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dmallette
keithmaddock wrote:I was in for the mixed case last May and found it to be a great QPR. This deal runs $25 richer (for those paying California tax) than that. Funny as I had just opened up a bottle of wine 15 minutes ago and in choosing it, noted that I was down to my last Pedroncelli, and wondered when Woot would have another offering. Viola! Auto-buy for me before the clock hits midnight here on the West Coast.

I agree with this 100%. Bought the mixed case last year and was sad I didn't buy 2 cases. I'm in for just one case this time only because I've bought 3 cases in the past month.

benyust2

quality posts: 4 Private Messages benyust2

Never heard of this winery but it seems pretty popular here and not too expensive so I'm in for 1.
Incidentally, my 100th Woot!

Last wooter to woot:benyust2
Last purchase:a few seconds ago

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee

See my user name? Yeah.

you have a black box, I do not think siwbm means what you think it means

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

bhodilee

tjhoulihan wrote:Based on past experience. This will likely sell out a few seconds before you decide to break the SIWBM... Later tonight you will find yourself breaking into a $25 bottle and wishing you had more $10 daily drinkers...

Edit: Last Wooter to Woot:tjhoulihan

Last Purchase:a minute ago

and that $25 bottle likely won't be as good anyway.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

jhkey

quality posts: 51 Private Messages jhkey

Always a great value at this price. As cmaldoon said, we picked up some of these on the tour for $14+, so this is a great deal. In for a case.

"I double the doctor's recommendation of a glass and a half of wine a day and even treble it with a friend."
- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

cortot20

quality posts: 138 Private Messages cortot20
my2cents4u2c wrote:Purchased 2 cases of Pedroncelli offering last time on woot. Curious as to when wine.woot started charging tax on wine orders. Had 7 orders in 2012 w/o tax...now Obama wants a piece of my vice?

They started breaking out the tax in your orders about two months ago. You used to get get charged a flat tax rate that was rolled into the offer price. And no Obama sees none of your sales tax, it all goes to your greedy state.

CT

jaimelobo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jaimelobo

According to the FAQ:

The wine deals featured on Wine.Woot come direct from the wineries. Each of these wineries has its own web of licensing obligations, tax policies, and local laws to deal with. So Wine.Woot calculates sales taxes on the wineries' behalf in accordance with their instructions. These instructions vary depending on the tax laws in each state.

I thought this came up a while back, something along the line of they previously had averaged the tax in the total, but now are adding as a separate line. The final price remains the same - yada, yada, yada...

But my recollection may be fuzzy from reading after drinking fizzy red wine.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

Pedroncelli, its Italian for "QPR".

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

bhodilee

cortot20 wrote:They started breaking out the tax in your orders about two months ago. You used to get get charged a flat tax rate that was rolled into the offer price. And no Obama sees none of your sales tax, it all goes to your greedy state.

to be fair, he did say Obama wanted it, and maybe he does. I've always heard he's after souls though.

SneezyKevinA

quality posts: 3 Private Messages SneezyKevinA
benyust2 wrote:Never heard of this winery but it seems pretty popular here and not too expensive so I'm in for 1.
Incidentally, my 100th Woot!

Last wooter to woot:benyust2
Last purchase:a few seconds ago

You won't regret it!

SneezyKevinA

quality posts: 3 Private Messages SneezyKevinA

In for 1. I have spent way to much money this month since we went on vacation, buying wood pellets for next winter and truck insurance but I can't resist and I NEED more $10 daily drinkers. I'm almost out of my last buy of Pedroncelli as well.

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj

I don't recall there being a Federal sales tax. You might want to blame your state government.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj

Oh, and re Pedroncelli - if not for my overflow storage area being in an overflow situation, I would be all over this offer. The QPR on their wines is excellent, and this offer makes it even better.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

ryall12

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ryall12

How does the 2010 stack against the 2009 from last time? The last one was spectacular and I have been hoping for more.
I know the tax thing rolled blah blah but this one is $10 more before tax is added in which means it is really $25 more or $2 a bottle more for me.

I would pay that for the last deal again, is this year just as good?

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1

I wish there was more variety as in past offers...that being said...in for 1...I love their stuff!!!

candlesticky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages candlesticky

Oh you betcha he does. Don't be surprised in a few years if he has his minions check to see if you cellared any, then tax you on the increased value. Drink it up!