rjquillin

quality posts: 153 Private Messages rjquillin
klezman wrote:Me too. An expensive morning picking up a couple auction bottles and unless I decide last minute to bite on some Ridge on Winebid I'm out for a while. Need to drink instead of buy.

Still looking at that other 6-pac, or gonna stay happy with the '84?

CT

klezman

quality posts: 113 Private Messages klezman
rjquillin wrote:Still looking at that other 6-pac, or gonna stay happy with the '84?

I'm going to pass unless somebody else wants to make sure it happens. I just added up how much I spent in the last few weeks and it's not pretty.

2014: 17 bottles. Last wine.woot: Wellington Vitory x3 & Fjellene Walla Walla Reds
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 168 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
rjquillin wrote:Monday, if email gets read and replied to.

Youse guys are crazy!! $150 to $160 a bottle (375ml)???

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 224 Private Messages kylemittskus
MarkDaSpark wrote:Youse guys are crazy!! $150 to $160 a bottle (375ml)???

Just me. It's $109/375ml. Still crazy, but $40-$50 less crazy.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
mommadeb1 wrote:109 now

And Doc O - happy b-day!

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
cheron98 wrote:F you've been wondering where the mighty oppsie has been... she's been preparing a new Wooter to be ready! Congrats to oppsie, proud new mama of a healthy little boy!

Yay oppsie!

Also, happy bday doc.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
kylemittskus wrote:I am on a serious WBM. I have a case (!!) shipping tomorrow and I am absolutely out of space. Plus, a couple expensive months ahead with medical bills from me, 2 weddings (SWMBO is in both), and new tires for SWMBO's car, and it goes on and on. No wine for me for 2 months. That's my goal.

Cabinets, floor, appliances, new garage roof, new garage drywall. I feel your pain. Luckily my second job came through with the fat discount on great appliances and flooring. That's why I work there.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

Thanks, all, for the bday wishes, and congrats to oppsie!

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

bahwm

quality posts: 24 Private Messages bahwm
cheron98 wrote:F you've been wondering where the mighty oppsie has been... she's been preparing a new Wooter to be ready! Congrats to oppsie, proud new mama of a healthy little boy!

Congrats to oppsie!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast