chipgreen

quality posts: 176 Private Messages chipgreen
klezman wrote:I just figured Eric knows about wine.woot (especially given Cesare's involvement in winnowing down duplicates in CT) and was happy to jump in on a thread about his site. I was happy for his participation, and it'd be great to have him stop by w.w more often.

I thought he seemed a little defensive and unhappy about the discussion taking place on another website but perhaps my perceptions were wrong.
EDIT: sparkles

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 174 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
polarbear22 wrote:That's why it was easy for me. I set up my link so that it starts in classic view. Always go right to classic view.

Mine also defaults that way, but the google bookmark goes to the new view.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom
polarbear22 wrote:Well a google search of "cellar tracker" may have pointed it out. I had a winemaker send me a message after I posted that I had a bad bottle of their wine here in the Pub. Somehow they found the reference.

Don't know if it explains it in the cases seen here, but many companies track their online mentions (or hire another company to do it for them).

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother

My turn to shill for clicks.
Vote for the Vassar-Warner Home to get some money for new technology from Intuit.

No registration or anything, just click vote.

(This is the adult care facility that took super care of my grandmother. They're really an exceptional group of people.)

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee

Friggin Sprint. S4 is going to be 250 through them. Not sure I want to pay $50 bucks just because they give unlimited data.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

bhodilee

mother wrote:My turn to shill for clicks.
Vote for the Vassar-Warner Home to get some money for new technology from Intuit.

(This is the adult care facility that took super care of my grandmother. They're really an exceptional group of people.)

done

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki

Yay Sanity!

Voted.

Have a techie question. We have a small law office, basically 3 desktops and a server, upgrading computers from 2008. Given the i3's a perfectly capable processor and our desktops are glorified workstations with everything stored on the server, would it make sense to get a cheaper i3 system but add a small ssd for responsiveness over a typical i5 system?

Basically, I'm thinking a larger display and ssd would be money better spent than a "balanced" workstation for our day to day use, which is mostly Microsoft office products. Thoughts?

CT

joelsisk

quality posts: 7 Private Messages joelsisk
tenuki wrote:Yay Sanity!

Voted.

Have a techie question. We have a small law office, basically 3 desktops and a server, upgrading computers from 2008. Given the i3's a perfectly capable processor and our desktops are glorified workstations with everything stored on the server, would it make sense to get a cheaper i3 system but add a small ssd for responsiveness over a typical i5 system?

Basically, I'm thinking a larger display and ssd would be money better spent than a "balanced" workstation for our day to day use, which is mostly Microsoft office products. Thoughts?

lawyers don't need more than a netbook.

seriously. unless they are running any sort of SAS/network app.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

Vegas Update: Still haven't decided on a place to stay, but nearly ruled out the Luxor (which was previously on the top of my list). They don't have Wi-Fi, I mean seriously? I just bought a tablet sepecifically for Vegas use and no wi-fi is a deal-breaker (same goes for Excaliber). I am now leaning towards New York New York. Going to do more research tonight, fun stuff!

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

tenuki

joelsisk wrote:lawyers don't need more than a netbook.

seriously. unless they are running any sort of SAS/network app.

We actually have considered just going all laptops :P

CT

tenuki

North316 wrote:Vegas Update: Still haven't decided on a place to stay, but nearly ruled out the Luxor (which was previously on the top of my list). They don't have Wi-Fi, I mean seriously? I just bought a tablet sepecifically for Vegas use and no wi-fi is a deal-breaker (same goes for Excaliber). I am now leaning towards New York New York. Going to do more research tonight, fun stuff!

You pretty much won't get free wi-fi on the strip. If you're lucky it's part of the resort fee. Or do you mean they don't have it at all? (which does seem inconceivable)

CT

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
MarkDaSpark wrote:Debbie Does Dallas?

ha ha ha

mommadeb1

voted!

sanity

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity
tenuki wrote:You pretty much won't get free wi-fi on the strip. If you're lucky it's part of the resort fee. Or do you mean they don't have it at all? (which does seem inconceivable)

Hi everyone - just a quick drive by! ;0

tenuki is right; many places will included it in the resort fee (along with use of the gym, not always included either) so you need to check with each property specifically. Also, a Clear modem (they used to deliver to your hotel and it would be waiting for you) has gotten pretty pricey for short term use, but it worked really well when I was using it with a monthly account.

MarkDaSpark

North316 wrote:Vegas Update: Still haven't decided on a place to stay, but nearly ruled out the Luxor (which was previously on the top of my list). They don't have Wi-Fi, I mean seriously? I just bought a tablet sepecifically for Vegas use and no wi-fi is a deal-breaker (same goes for Excaliber). I am now leaning towards New York New York. Going to do more research tonight, fun stuff!

Tropicana has been nice (exit right off freeway), as well as the Rio (off-strip though). Most LV hotels I've been to lately have included WiFi as part of their "resort" fees.

Trop has been nice, because it's opposite both MGM & Excalibur. You can catch the Vegas Tram from the MGM (walkway across to MGM from Trop) or the Ex-Lux-Mandalay Bay tram (also walkway across from Trop to Excalibur). It's also catty corner from NYNY.

I was extremely (and so was my son when he stayed there last week) disappointed in the LVH (former Las Vegas Hilton, now LV Hotel).

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

loveladyelectric

quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric
bhodilee wrote:Friggin Sprint. S4 is going to be 250 through them. Not sure I want to pay $50 bucks just because they give unlimited data.

Spend a day on AT&T, Verizon, or even T-Mobile LTE and you'll never go back to Sprint.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
tenuki wrote:You pretty much won't get free wi-fi on the strip. If you're lucky it's part of the resort fee. Or do you mean they don't have it at all? (which does seem inconceivable)

They dont have it at all, blew my mind as well. Most other places have free wifi, but like you said it is probably included in the resort fee.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
otolith wrote:coynedj--do I have some of your wine????

Hey - I think you do, actually.

Scott Harvey Old Vine Zin. Almost forgot that one, somehow.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

coynedj

Done.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
coynedj wrote:Hey - I think you do, actually.

Scott Harvey Old Vine Zin. Almost forgot that one, somehow.

Sans one bottle.

Just hop on your snowmobile and come over and get it! :eyeroll:

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

bahwm

quality posts: 26 Private Messages bahwm

Voted. Put it in your sig.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

coynedj

otolith wrote:Sans one bottle.

Just hop on your snowmobile and come over and get it! :eyeroll:

No kidding. Had to drive home through a $#!*&! blizzard today. It's friggin' April 18th - isn't this garbage supposed to be over by now?

And Bowtie, before you even say it - yes, I know, I live in South Dakota. But we deserve a spring, too, don't we?

mommadeb1

coynedj wrote:No kidding. Had to drive home through a $#!*&! blizzard today. It's friggin' April 18th - isn't this garbage supposed to be over by now?

And Bowtie, before you even say it - yes, I know, I live in South Dakota. But we deserve a spring, too, don't we?

we went straight from winter to summer....

otolith

mommadeb1 wrote:we went straight from winter to summer....

Quiet, you. We're still working on our winter.......

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

bhodilee

loveladyelectric wrote:Spend a day on AT&T, Verizon, or even T-Mobile LTE and you'll never go back to Sprint.

Price. I get 20% off the sprint bill. And I stream Pandora two hours a day. Unlimited is a big thing for me.

bhodilee

coynedj wrote:No kidding. Had to drive home through a $#!*&! blizzard today. It's friggin' April 18th - isn't this garbage supposed to be over by now?

No

coynedj

bhodilee wrote:No

I expected that. You're getting predictable.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ddeuddeg

Done. I'll try to vote later from my school IP address.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

joelsisk

quality posts: 7 Private Messages joelsisk
otolith wrote:Quiet, you. We're still working on our winter.......

we had spring during winter... now we are having a winter... which may be over by summer

bhodilee

coynedj wrote:I expected that. You're getting predictable.

Sometimes the truth is the truth and cannot be more simply stated.

mother

Thanks everyone for the clicks.

otolith

bhodilee wrote:done

And done. From work and will do at home again later tonight.

--John Muir

MarkDaSpark

I think you're scheduled for an hour of spring next month.

Edit: Besides, don't you remember we tried to load Spring to you?

chipgreen

quality posts: 176 Private Messages chipgreen
mother wrote:Thanks everyone for the clicks.

voted

coynedj

chipgreen wrote:voted

Me too. I was vote 47 yesterday and am vote 70 today - come on people, let's get that total over 100!

bahwm

quality posts: 26 Private Messages bahwm
mother wrote:Thanks everyone for the clicks.

Did mine today

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
coynedj wrote:Me too. I was vote 47 yesterday and am vote 70 today - come on people, let's get that total over 100!

I voted this morning, then I just went back to see if it would tell me which number I was, and I voted again. Either it let me vote twice or I didn't actually click the first time.

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
chemvictim wrote:I voted this morning, then I just went back to see if it would tell me which number I was, and I voted again. Either it let me vote twice or I didn't actually click the first time.

It actually does not seem to be recording the IP address. I just went back to the link 3 times in a row, and re-clicked the vote thing each time and the counter increased each time.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

mother

First, thanks again to everyone.

HitAnyKey42 wrote:It actually does not seem to be recording the IP address. I just went back to the link 3 times in a row, and re-clicked the vote thing each time and the counter increased each time.

I noticed this as well, but then I reopened the page in another browser and saw that it only counted the first in reality...

bhodilee

mother wrote:First, thanks again to everyone.

I noticed this as well, but then I reopened the page in another browser and saw that it only counted the first in reality...

That was my experience as well