klezman

quality posts: 127 Private Messages klezman
ddeuddeg wrote:No, the second was a Barbera blend. The first was a Zinfandel blend.
I need to do a better job of keeping up here. Dang work keeps getting in the way.

Yup, I have a couple bottles of the second and a bunch of the third. No zin blend for me.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
MarkDaSpark wrote:IIRC, 77% Zin, with the remainder Cab and Barbera.

And just realized I didn't have any of them in my count. So those still need to be added as well as wine club shipments. Yellow Brick Road!

In CT, under "Grape Expectations Cyberpub Cellars Publend" someone put the blend in for each of the vintages. So permanent information source.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

rjquillin

quality posts: 179 Private Messages rjquillin
bhodilee wrote:he currently has some serious dog breath happening. I think he may need an extraction.

PM re: some sake.

CT

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
rjquillin wrote:PM re: some sake.

Respondage.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

rjquillin

bhodilee wrote:Respondage.

re-respondage

CT

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
polarbear22 wrote:In CT, under "Grape Expectations Cyberpub Cellars Publend" someone put the blend in for each of the vintages. So permanent information source.

And I also added yesterday to each of those wiki-notes to also state which color capsule each of the bottles are.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

bhodilee

rjquillin wrote:re-respondage

nope, haven't had a one of those. The Sake Selection around here actually sucks ass. I just found out the Japanese grocery by my house carries SakeOne and Murai (it had been gone for awhile), but the prices are way higher than I'm used to paying.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

rjquillin

bhodilee wrote:nope, haven't had a one of those. The Sake Selection around here actually sucks ass. I just found out the Japanese grocery by my house carries SakeOne and Murai (it had been gone for awhile), but the prices are way higher than I'm used to paying.

Also posted about 3~4 hours ago some links to Marukai, they ship.
Tried any of these?

http://www.marukaiestore.com/p-2148-wakatake-junmai-daiginjo-onikoroshi-sake-net-cont-720ml.aspx
http://www.marukaiestore.com/p-1480-otokoyama-sake-tokubetsu-junmai-sake-609floz-18l.aspx
http://www.marukaiestore.com/p-1483-kurosawa-sake-609floz-18l.aspx

CT

bhodilee

rjquillin wrote:Also posted about 3~4 hours ago some links to Marukai, they ship.
Tried any of these?

http://www.marukaiestore.com/p-2148-wakatake-junmai-daiginjo-onikoroshi-sake-net-cont-720ml.aspx
http://www.marukaiestore.com/p-1480-otokoyama-sake-tokubetsu-junmai-sake-609floz-18l.aspx
http://www.marukaiestore.com/p-1483-kurosawa-sake-609floz-18l.aspx

I might be spending a lot of money there in the near future.

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
polarbear22 wrote:I want reviews. My birthday (and smoker) aren't until June.

Will post reviews as I get it broken in.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
MarkDaSpark wrote:IIRC, 77% Zin, with the remainder Cab and Barbera.

And just realized I didn't have any of them in my count. So those still need to be added as well as wine club shipments. Yellow Brick Road!

Oh right, I totally forgot about the how many bottles does Sparky have contest.

CT

rjquillin

bhodilee wrote:I might be spending a lot of money there in the near future.

Hehe, enablers-we-are. Don't forget to get a masu if you don't already have one. Mother ship has these or I can pick up something locally and send it.
Highly recommended by my itamae Hakkaisan Junmai-ginjo note it's not a dai-ginjo however, but I've not tried it yet; around U$D60 in Japan.
Yikes, I see they just got Hello Kitty Spumante, all bets now off.

CT

polarbear22

rjquillin wrote:Yikes, I see they just got Hello Kitty Spumante, all bets now off.

Had to see what that was a woot filter for, but no. So, really?

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
My Cellar

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 186 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
polarbear22 wrote:In CT, under "Grape Expectations Cyberpub Cellars Publend" someone put the blend in for each of the vintages. So permanent information source.

HaK did ... "Varietals: 63% North Coast/Suison Valley Old Vine Zinfandel, 23% Amador Barbera, 14% Suisun Valley Cabernet Sauvignon (Lanza Vineyards). The specs are 3.52pH, 13ppm FreeSO2, .054 VA, and 17.6% alcohol."

And another reason I don't really like the new CT layout. I could see that info right away in Classic view.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

klezman wrote:Yup, I have a couple bottles of the second and a bunch of the third. No zin blend for me.

Now if you only knew someone who had a bunch and was slow to drink it ...

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

bhodilee wrote:nope, haven't had a one of those. The Sake Selection around here actually sucks ass. I just found out the Japanese grocery by my house carries SakeOne and Murai (it had been gone for awhile), but the prices are way higher than I'm used to paying.

Hi-Time might ship to you. They even have Sparkling Saké with Blueberry!

rjquillin

MarkDaSpark wrote:

Hi-Time might ship to you. They even have Sparkling Saké with Blueberry!

Banzai Bunny; so wrong!

polarbear22 wrote:Had to see what that was a woot filter for, but no. So, really?

Hello Kitty. Yeah, that too.

CT

chipgreen

quality posts: 197 Private Messages chipgreen
polarbear22 wrote:Had to see what that was a woot filter for, but no. So, really?

Hello Kitty is huge in Japan

chipgreen

MarkDaSpark wrote:And another reason I don't really like the new CT layout. I could see that info right away in Classic view.

So, how strange was it to see Eric pop up out of nowhere in the CT thread I started last month? I think we have a mole.

rjquillin

chipgreen wrote:Hello Kitty is huge in Japan

visions of Kitty lapping spumante, and then...
{shakes head}

CT

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother

Has anyone had the 2010 Mother Clone that can compare the heat level to the the pre 2008 and 2008+ MCZ's?

I don't want poo on it in the main thread, but I found the 2008 MCV just too hot...

sanity

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity
polarbear22 wrote:You are incorrectly correct.

2009 - gray (silver)
2010 - blue
2011 - gold and green for BOB bottles.

Not as trustworthy as ddeuddeg, but not totally unreliable either.

Correct! Click on the link in my sig - it will take you to the CyberPub Cellars thread. The first post has the blends for all three wines. Maybe some of you will update tastings post!

bahwm

quality posts: 30 Private Messages bahwm
sanity wrote:Correct! Click on the link in my sig - it will take you to the CyberPub Cellars thread. The first post has the blends for all three wines. Maybe some of you will update tastings post!

Hi Sanity! Great to see you around! We miss you!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
otolith wrote:Will post reviews as I get it broken in.

I hope you are still talking about the smoker......this all has the making for a very bad We're off to to see the Wizard! movie plot.....

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
sanity wrote:Correct! Click on the link in my sig - it will take you to the CyberPub Cellars thread. The first post has the blends for all three wines. Maybe some of you will update tastings post!

Sanity glad to see you back!!! Missed you!!!!

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl

Yay!!! Sanity's back! I've been wondering where you were.

cjsiege

quality posts: 14 Private Messages cjsiege
bhodilee wrote:I need to locate some Salmon tonight as I'll be drinking some Pinot. You'd think, hey that's easy enough, but it isn't. Finding good quality seafood for less than cow is hard, and I like cow more than fish.

Problem is that the salmon season in AK doesn't start until mid- to late-May (I think King salmon run first). So you're are the absolute worst possible time to pick up anything fresh. Rather like buying "fresh" apples in July.

rjquillin

Do I need to stay up late?
Are we due for another woot-off?
Some seem to 'just know' when these things are about to occur.

CT

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
mommadeb1 wrote:I hope you are still talking about the smoker......this all has the making for a very bad We're off to to see the Wizard! movie plot.....

Has there ever been a good We're off to to see the Wizard! movie plot?

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

klezman

bahwm wrote:Hi Sanity! Great to see you around! We miss you!

+1!

2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

klezman

rjquillin wrote:Do I need to stay up late?

On a Wednesday night? Doubtful..I think it's also been not that long since the last one.

Edit: Yeah, March 19-20. So I'd think next Tue-Wed will be the woot-off.

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:Do I need to stay up late?

As Klez said, not til next Monday at 10 (12 mid CT).

MarkDaSpark

otolith wrote:Has there ever been a good We're off to to see the Wizard! movie plot?

Debbie Does Dallas?

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

The Bordeaux tasting in NorCal June 1st has its low quota of 6 people but we can fairly easily do 9. If you are interested, take a look in the gatherings tab. If you are ready to commit, comment there!

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

cortot20

quality posts: 153 Private Messages cortot20

I was gifted a bottle of tribunal cellars 2011 red wine and through some quick research found it to be made by kunde. Has anyone had any experience with this or earlier vintages? Just curious.

It's a surprisingly heavy bottle for the $10 price point.

CT

polarbear22

MarkDaSpark wrote:HaK did ... "Varietals: 63% North Coast/Suison Valley Old Vine Zinfandel, 23% Amador Barbera, 14% Suisun Valley Cabernet Sauvignon (Lanza Vineyards). The specs are 3.52pH, 13ppm FreeSO2, .054 VA, and 17.6% alcohol."

And another reason I don't really like the new CT layout. I could see that info right away in Classic view.

That's why it was easy for me. I set up my link so that it starts in classic view. Always go right to classic view.

My Cellar

polarbear22

chipgreen wrote:So, how strange was it to see Eric pop up out of nowhere in the CT thread I started last month? I think we have a mole.

Well a google search of "cellar tracker" may have pointed it out. I had a winemaker send me a message after I posted that I had a bad bottle of their wine here in the Pub. Somehow they found the reference.

My Cellar

joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk
polarbear22 wrote:Well a google search of "cellar tracker" may have pointed it out. I had a winemaker send me a message after I posted that I had a bad bottle of their wine here in the Pub. Somehow they found the reference.

we're famous. the ribs kids. the in-crowd. everyone follows our reality.

chipgreen

polarbear22 wrote:Well a google search of "cellar tracker" may have pointed it out. I had a winemaker send me a message after I posted that I had a bad bottle of their wine here in the Pub. Somehow they found the reference.

I considered that possibility but thought it unlikely that Eric didn't have better things to do than google CT after all this time.

Funny thing is, I had been meaning to start a CT thread for awhile just to talk about stuff like how we enter values, which listing is correct for specific wines, report results for stuff like how many bottles did we buy from woot last year, etc., but someone in one of the daily poll questions asked how much others pay for CT and I decided to throw that out there as a starter topic to get the thread going since it was already on someone's mind.

I linked to the CT thread from the poll thread and the person who brought it up disappeared, so I already regretted starting out with the money question before Eric showed up and then I was kind of embarrassed like he "caught us" talking about his baby behind his back and admonished us to use the CT forums.

I still think someone pointed it out to him but maybe they stumbled across it with google as opposed to it being a wooter.

klezman

I just figured Eric knows about wine.woot (especially given Cesare's involvement in winnowing down duplicates in CT) and was happy to jump in on a thread about his site. I was happy for his participation, and it'd be great to have him stop by w.w more often.