MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 174 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

PoSt away, folks!!

And have as happy a Tax Day as possible.

Did anyone claim their wine as a dependent?

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

cjsiege wrote:List of previous WW gatherings by area. New list in the Gatherings tab and Old list in the Community tab. Great reading and great examples of how to set up a Get-Together Thread.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings…All The News for the week of April 14

Spring has sprung! Time to fire up the grill and open that big-assed red before the weather gets too hot to drink big-tannin wines. Host a Get-Together in your area!

April
4/19: Ohio Wine.Woot Table at the Wine Dinner
TBD: SoCal #25: Pasta-making!

May
5/4: NorCal: Vincent Arroyo Open House
TBD: Mid-May Somewhere Between Western NY and Cleveland

June
6/1: NorCal Classified Bordeaux Tasting

Pending
TBD: SeaTac & Western Washington Interest Thread.
TBD: NYC Tasting #??: A Tribute (interest thread)
TBD: Dallas #11

No events in your area??? Start one! Create an interest thread in the GATHERINGS Community Tab.

So join or create a WW Gathering!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

merbill

quality posts: 29 Private Messages merbill
MarkDaSpark wrote:PoSt away, folks!!

No, but I'm pretty sure wine.woot claimed you on their return.

3X Wine Wooters FFL Champion, Commissioner, and Monkey Prize recipient
RPM Tours #2 & #4 Tourista
Wine Century Club Member #919

MarkDaSpark

merbill wrote:No, but I'm pretty sure wine.woot claimed you on their return.

MarkDaSpark

Happy Birthday to Cortot20's SWMBO!!

Happy Birthday to Cortot20's SWMBO!!!

☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ★ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
╔╗╔╦══╦═╦═╦╗╔╗ ★ ★ ★
║╚╝║══║═║═║╚╝║ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
║╔╗║╔╗║╔╣╔╩╗╔╝ ★ ☆ BIRTHDAY !!
╚╝╚╩╝╚╩╝╚╝═╚╝ ♥¥☆★☆★☆¥♥ ★☆

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

Yes!

OK, maybe not...

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

Figured I would toss this out there for any opinions before I pull the trigger. Thinking about buying the ASUS T300F 10.1" tablet with keyboard dock from sellout for $299. Anyone have any reasons why I shouldn't, or suggestions of a better value? They have the stand-alone tablet for $239 which is more in the price range I was hoping, but this deal throws in the dock for $60, which alone is $90+ on the mothership. I don't need the dock, but it seems like a nice option (adds a keyboard, USB port, and card reader, as well as additional battery life), and might make this feasible for the wife to take class for note taking if/when she goes back to school in the near future.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
North316 wrote:Figured I would toss this out there for any opinions before I pull the trigger. Thinking about buying the ASUS T300F 10.1" tablet with keyboard dock from sellout for $299. Anyone have any reasons why I shouldn't, or suggestions of a better value? They have the stand-alone tablet for $239 which is more in the price range I was hoping, but this deal throws in the dock for $60, which alone is $90+ on the mothership. I don't need the dock, but it seems like a nice option (adds a keyboard, USB port, and card reader, as well as additional battery life), and might make this feasible for the wife to take class for note taking if/when she goes back to school in the near future.

it's refurbished. I'll buy a lot of refurbished stuff, but I don't like tablets and computers that are.

Plus you can get a 8.9 Fire HD for 269.

Really though, if you're comfortable with a refurb, there's no real reason not to go with it. I've heard good things about Asus tablets overall.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

North316

bhodilee wrote:it's refurbished. I'll buy a lot of refurbished stuff, but I don't like tablets and computers that are.

Plus you can get a 8.9 Fire HD for 269.

Really though, if you're comfortable with a refurb, there's no real reason not to go with it. I've heard good things about Asus tablets overall.

The refurb doesn't bother me, though I am debating the square-trade warranty for $45 for one year (a little high in my opinion). Even with that I would be talking $345 for the refurb with one year warranty vs. $450 retail, new.

Also, I thought about the kindle fire, as the size is perfect for traveling, but the bigger size is better for long-term use, and I really prefer android. Video play quality and book functionality aren't a big thing for me. Browsing, games, apps, etc is more important to me.

My CT

bhodilee

North316 wrote:The refurb doesn't bother me, though I am debating the square-trade warranty for $45 for one year (a little high in my opinion). Even with that I would be talking $345 for the refurb with one year warranty vs. $450 retail, new.

Also, I thought about the kindle fire, as the size is perfect for traveling, but the bigger size is better for long-term use, and I really prefer android. Video play quality and book functionality aren't a big thing for me. Browsing, games, apps, etc is more important to me.

I wouldn't get the warranty, 45 bucks on 300? no way. take your chances. the fire is android (though heavily modded I guess). Better screen on the Fire. We're not alike on screens. I think 10.1 is too big for a tablet, my rooted touchpad is 8.9 and perfectly sized in my opinion. Either way, if you want a tablet, you're set.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

joelsisk

quality posts: 7 Private Messages joelsisk

You've got it backwards. You are a dependent of the wine!

bhodilee

I need to locate some Salmon tonight as I'll be drinking some Pinot. You'd think, hey that's easy enough, but it isn't. Finding good quality seafood for less than cow is hard, and I like cow more than fish.

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
bhodilee wrote:I need to locate some Salmon tonight as I'll be drinking some Pinot. You'd think, hey that's easy enough, but it isn't. Finding good quality seafood for less than cow is hard, and I like cow more than fish.

Worst case you can probably score some frozen wild stuff at TJs...

PS How many miles is it from you to the nearest place where seafood comes from? ;)

bhodilee

mother wrote:Worst case you can probably score some frozen wild stuff at TJs...

PS How many miles is it from you to the nearest place where seafood comes from? ;)

around a billion or something. I can get fresh seafood, but the premium is high.

North316

North316 wrote:Figured I would toss this out there for any opinions before I pull the trigger. Thinking about buying the ASUS T300F 10.1" tablet with keyboard dock from sellout for $299. Anyone have any reasons why I shouldn't, or suggestions of a better value? They have the stand-alone tablet for $239 which is more in the price range I was hoping, but this deal throws in the dock for $60, which alone is $90+ on the mothership. I don't need the dock, but it seems like a nice option (adds a keyboard, USB port, and card reader, as well as additional battery life), and might make this feasible for the wife to take class for note taking if/when she goes back to school in the near future.

I went ahead and purchased this. Then hopped over to the mother site for a case and threw in some GoVino glasses to hit the super savers shipping limit.

My CT

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1

Oh My! Flying Guards! Just turned on the news....soooo sad...... my heart goes out to all those who were affected....

North316

bhodilee wrote:I need to locate some Salmon tonight as I'll be drinking some Pinot. You'd think, hey that's easy enough, but it isn't. Finding good quality seafood for less than cow is hard, and I like cow more than fish.

If we have the same Pinot....I hope yours is much better than the initial taste of mine was.

My CT

bahwm

quality posts: 26 Private Messages bahwm
North316 wrote:If we have the same Pinot....I hope yours is much better than the initial taste of mine was.

Dude, there are sooooo many Pinots out there!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

otolith

Gettin' a smoker for my bday!

But shhhh....it's a surprise!

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

cortot20

quality posts: 130 Private Messages cortot20
Happy Birthday to Cortot20's SWMBO!!

She says thank you very much.

CT

North316

bahwm wrote:Dude, there are sooooo many Pinots out there!

I'm glad there is, because if this were the only one, I would never be drinking pinot again.

My CT

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
North316 wrote:I'm glad there is, because if this were the only one, I would never be drinking pinot again.

Pinots have such a wide range of flavors, I generally don't buy them untasted. I like less than 1 in 5. Cabs at $20+ with reasonable reviews i'll like 3 or 4 out of 5.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

bhodilee

North316 wrote:If we have the same Pinot....I hope yours is much better than the initial taste of mine was.

By the time I tore myself away from the news I had completely forgotten to drink the damn thing. luckily, I'll be home around 4 so I'll post something then.

bhodilee

otolith wrote:Gettin' a smoker for my bday!

Do you know which? and do you know when? I ask, because my wife couldnt' remember my birthday for like the first three years we dated. Just making sure your wife remembers yours. Sometime in January was my birthday for three years.

mommadeb1

otolith wrote:Gettin' a smoker for my bday!

ooohhhh a smoker!!! yea

mommadeb1

North316 wrote:I'm glad there is, because if this were the only one, I would never be drinking pinot again.

hence why I usually don't like pinots they are not to my liking

mommadeb1

bhodilee wrote:Do you know which? and do you know when? I ask, because my wife couldnt' remember my birthday for like the first three years we dated. Just making sure your wife remembers yours. Sometime in January was my birthday for three years.

I hate to admit it..but everyone knows this.. I have a very hard time remember mr. mommadebs birthday and our anniversary.... sad but true.... he will bring me flowers on our anniversary and I am like "ohh flowers, how sweet.......ohhhhhh Yellow Brick Road...it's our anniversary!!" what can I say????

rjquillin

quality posts: 168 Private Messages rjquillin
mommadeb1 wrote:"ohh flowers, how sweet.......ohhhhhh Yellow Brick Road...it's our anniversary!!" what can I say????

First datapoint documenting this isn't entirely a guy thing. I'm gonna mark this one for future reference.

CT

bhodilee

rjquillin wrote:First datapoint documenting this isn't entirely a guy thing. I'm gonna mark this one for future reference.

Haha, women are like managers, you can give them all the data you want and they'll still come up with something that makes NO sense based on the study and you'll end up doing that.

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
bhodilee wrote:Haha, women are like managers, you can give them all the data you want and they'll still come up with something that makes NO sense based on the study and you'll end up doing that.

Just because it makes no sense to YOU...lol

mommadeb1

rjquillin wrote:First datapoint documenting this isn't entirely a guy thing. I'm gonna mark this one for future reference.

Ha ha ha.... I was hoping that now the kids are older they would help remind me!!! no such luck...

mommadeb1

bhodilee wrote:Haha, women are like managers, you can give them all the data you want and they'll still come up with something that makes NO sense based on the study and you'll end up doing that.

it will only make sense to you...when we want it to!!!

MarkDaSpark

Happy Birthday to bahwm!!

Happy Birthday to bahwm!!!

☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ★ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
╔╗╔╦══╦═╦═╦╗╔╗ ★ ★ ★
║╚╝║══║═║═║╚╝║ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
║╔╗║╔╗║╔╣╔╩╗╔╝ ★ ☆ BIRTHDAY !!
╚╝╚╩╝╚╩╝╚╝═╚╝ ♥¥☆★☆★☆¥♥ ★☆

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Happy birthday Bahwm!!

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

bhodilee

polarbear22 wrote:Happy birthday Bahwm!!

This, but louder

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki

Happy birthday bawhm!

Okay, I'm lazy and can't find the thread, does anyone remember what blend the Vegas wine with grey capsule was? Was that the barbera blend?

CT

otolith

Happy Birthday, Bahwm!

--John Muir

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ddeuddeg
tenuki wrote:Happy birthday bawhm!

Okay, I'm lazy and can't find the thread, does anyone remember what blend the Vegas wine with grey capsule was? Was that the barbera blend?

I think it was the Rhone, but I'll try to remember to check when I get home.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
tenuki wrote:Happy birthday bawhm!

I numbered all mine with a Sharpie for the blend - 1, 2 or 3. Ddeuddeg is more trustworthy than I, so I'll just rely on him checking to see which is grey.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

chipgreen

quality posts: 176 Private Messages chipgreen

Happy Birthday, bahwm!