annapetrunis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages annapetrunis
rjquillin wrote:This really is quite a unique community it took me way too long to discover.

i see, but mostly you guys are on the west coast.

"Wine is bottled poetry" Robert Louis Stevenson

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
annapetrunis wrote:i see, but mostly you guys are on the west coast.

Nah, there are a couple vocal groups in the Bay area and LA, but there are also a fair number of people (also vocal) in the greater New york area and the rust belt.

Come on into the cyber pub, meet Bowtie, he's in Nebraska and enjoys Sake :-)

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

andreaserben

quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben

they are 'everywhere'...
RIP "$5 all you can ship" btw. and bah-humbug to the "$5 per order" system.

neilfindswine

quality posts: 168 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

Hey guys... I got the tech data! Guys? Hey, where'd everybody go? Carp, late again...

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

trifecta

quality posts: 69 Private Messages trifecta
neilfindswine wrote:Hey guys... I got the tech data! Guys? Hey, where'd everybody go? Carp, late again...

Interesting... 14% abv, moderate acidity, and a touch off dry. It will be nice to hear some reviews once a few more people open these.

cmaldoon

neilfindswine wrote:Hey guys... I got the tech data! Guys? Hey, where'd everybody go? Carp, late again...

It's really nice to see what these values are now as opposed to what they were at the bottling which is what we usually get.

My Cellar

neilfindswine

quality posts: 168 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

cmaldoon wrote:It's really nice to see what these values are now as opposed to what they were at the bottling which is what we usually get.

though seeing said values 4 days ago would have been even nicer... :/

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

chipgreen

quality posts: 179 Private Messages chipgreen
cmaldoon wrote:It's really nice to see what these values are now as opposed to what they were at the bottling which is what we usually get.

Yes, I like that report!

rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin
trifecta wrote:Interesting... 14% abv, moderate acidity, and a touch off dry. It will be nice to hear some reviews once a few more people open these.

And now we have some current numbers for when it, hopefully, comes up again.

CT

qxdong

quality posts: 0 Private Messages qxdong

I still have not receive my wine yet...sigh

dgp11776

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dgp11776
qxdong wrote:I still have not receive my wine yet...sigh

Same here. Thought it came today, but it was coffee instead!

cmaldoon

I received my 2007s but my mixed 6 has not shipped yet... This is weird

My Cellar

jcassens5

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jcassens5

I received my set of 1996 and 2007's today via FedEx. The box with the 1996's were fine, but I noticed that a little bit of wine seems to have escaped from each bottle of the 2007's as it has left wine stains on the cardboard at the corked end of the bottle. The bottle shows no sign of wear and tear though and the foil and cork appear to be intact without tearing off the foil of course. Anyone have similar issues? Any reason for concern? I'll have to try one soon.

Is this possibly due to heat during shipping or storage by woot?

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
jcassens5 wrote:Is this possibly due to heat during shipping or storage by woot?

Yes. Serious reason for concern. Wine leaking through the cork is a sign of heat damage. Considering the 07 is likely very young and you likely intend to age it for at least a couple more years, if not beyond, I'd contact support at woot.com immediately and ask for replacements. You can pop one and see how it is, but heat damage, even if it doesn't affect the immediate taste, will substantially hinder any short-term + aging.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

jcassens5

kylemittskus wrote:Yes. Serious reason for concern. Wine leaking through the cork is a sign of heat damage. Considering the 07 is likely very young and you likely intend to age it for at least a couple more years, if not beyond, I'd contact support at woot.com immediately and ask for replacements. You can pop one and see how it is, but heat damage, even if it doesn't affect the immediate taste, will substantially hinder any short-term + aging.

Yikes! Thank you! I will contact them!

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

jcassens5 wrote:Yikes! Thank you! I will contact them!

Sorry about this.
Yes, if you haven't already, email Support@Woot.com so we can assist!

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

jcassens5

PemberDucky wrote:Sorry about this.
Yes, if you haven't already, email Support@Woot.com so we can assist!

I just did about 10min ago, thank you =)

They are no use to me because I planned on aging the 2007's, but maybe your staff can enjoy them now? haha

jessicacallery

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jessicacallery
jcassens5 wrote:I received my set of 1996 and 2007's today via FedEx. The box with the 1996's were fine, but I noticed that a little bit of wine seems to have escaped from each bottle of the 2007's as it has left wine stains on the cardboard at the corked end of the bottle. The bottle shows no sign of wear and tear though and the foil and cork appear to be intact without tearing off the foil of course. Anyone have similar issues? Any reason for concern? I'll have to try one soon.

Is this possibly due to heat during shipping or storage by woot?

I would remove the foil and check the top of the cork. A lot of times the foil covers (which are there only for aesthetics) will bleed their colors on the cardboard packaging. Ardente's foil is garnet, which also looks like wine stains! Just a thought.

jcassens5

jessicacallery wrote:I would remove the foil and check the top of the cork. A lot of times the foil covers (which are there only for aesthetics) will bleed their colors on the cardboard packaging. Ardente's foil is garnet, which also looks like wine stains! Just a thought.

That is a rather good thought! Unfortunately, I know it's wine because (1) there is leaked wine that has stuck to the foil (which has the appearance of theater blood almost haha not quite the color of the foil) and (2) The cardboard holders secure the wine with a series of ridges and valleys. There are drips on the valleys that have no contact with the bottle and the drips have that sort of wet, stain look around them. I did, however, also just peel back some of the foil to see the condition of the cork and it's stained red; mostly around the edges.

cmaldoon

cmaldoon wrote:I received my 2007s but my mixed 6 has not shipped yet... This is weird

Still hasn't. Emailed support and got a reply that essentially said it hadn't been 3 weeks yet so there can't possibly be anything wrong.

There should be a quick reference sheet for the CS folks to be able to check if a particular offer has shipped yet (note NOT referencing individual purchases, just the batch offer) then they could say if they had not shipped, partially shipped, or fully shipped and there might ACTUALLY be a problem. All without taking much precious time.

My Cellar

cmaldoon

1996 Ardente Cabernet Sauvignon

Pop and poor – approximately 55°

The cork was flooded two thirds of the way up but not all the way through. Cork felt otherwise in good condition and gave one of the more satisfying pops I have had in a while.

Color – medium depth brick red with great clarity

Nose – moderate to aromatic cherry and sandalwood with a hint of mint

Palate – dry, medium bodied, fresh acidity, low dry tannins. Moderate to flavorful levels of cherry, Cedar, and soy

Overall – drinking right at its price point of $20 right now

2 to 3 hours later

Nose – Cherry, alcohol, and some baking spices but those are mostly thwarted by the heat

Palate – less cherry, more cedar, and a bit more tannin

Overall – Frankly not as good as earlier. I think this one is on its way downhill. By no means a disappointing by but I would drink soon.

My Cellar