WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Ardente Estate Winery

A lot happens in a decade. For example, did you know Concorde still existed as an airline in 2003? It did! By the way, while we've got you thinking about decades, do you know how much flavors of Cabernet Sauvignon changed from 1996 to 2006? Only one way to find out! Buy one of each!
Ardente Estate Winery official site

Quality Posts

webdev511

quality posts: 37 Private Messages webdev511

I've enjoyed the Ardente I've gotten in previous woots so in for one.

DSal

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DSal

Anyone have any tasting notes? I can't seem to find any reviews of any of these vintages.

chipgreen

quality posts: 179 Private Messages chipgreen

Whoever guessed 2004 was wrong

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

WD you're awesome

WD you're awful

Where do I find room???

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

chipgreen

DSal wrote:Anyone have any tasting notes? I can't seem to find any reviews of any of these vintages.

No kidding, the '06 and '07 didn't even have CT entries but I fixed that and added the specs to the listings also.

1996 Ardente Estate Winery Cabernet Sauvignon Espressione
2006 Ardente Estate Winery Cabernet Sauvignon Grande Riserva
2007 Ardente Estate Winery Cabernet Sauvignon Grande Riserva

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

Really? I actually passed up the Hunt wines and decided to put that money towards a tablet for my vacation, then you offer these? Maybe I will just convince myself not to buy the 6 pack, which I really want, and buy an even better tablet?

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin
chipgreen wrote:Whoever guessed 2004 was wrong

That likely would have been me, as WL had them back in November.

cmaldoon wrote:WD you're awesome
WD you're awful
Where do I find room???

Truer words...

CT

eluofthenine

quality posts: 7 Private Messages eluofthenine

I would go in for the 07, but I'm skeptical on what to expect... It seems like even the 02 could've benefited from a little more time, so it's possible that these babies need a lot more bottle time. (Although, my opinion of the 02 could be coming from the expectations built by drinking the 97 first, when they are just two different wines and 5 years apart.)

Hope my ramblings make sense to somebody with answers. Do we ever get any winery participation out of these folks?

Donfrank

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Donfrank
eluofthenine wrote:I would go in for the 07, but I'm skeptical on what to expect... It seems like even the 02 could've benefited from a little more time, so it's possible that these babies need a lot more bottle time. (Although, my opinion of the 02 could be coming from the expectations built by drinking the 97 first, when they are just two different wines and 5 years apart.)

Hope my ramblings make sense to somebody with answers. Do we ever get any winery participation out of these folks?

I too have been enjoying the 1997, down to my last bottle Its drinking nicely now after decanting for a few hours. All the bottles I've opened seemed to have been stored properly since bottling. Since I have a fair amount of other wine aging right now, I'm leaning towards the 1996 offer.

fogtower

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fogtower

I've had two shipments of mixed bottles. Every single one was bad and had to be poured out.

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 33 Private Messages fredrinaldi
fogtower wrote:I've had two shipments of mixed bottles. Every single one was bad and had to be poured out.

Contact woot customer service, they will refund your $$ Their very good about that.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
fredrinaldi wrote:Contact woot customer service, they will refund your $$ Their very good about that.

So how much of this are you getting?

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

chipgreen

chipgreen wrote:
1996 Ardente Estate Winery Cabernet Sauvignon Espressione
2006 Ardente Estate Winery Cabernet Sauvignon Grande Riserva
2007 Ardente Estate Winery Cabernet Sauvignon Grande Riserva

Might as well add the deal info since Cesare is not around...

Ardente 1996 Espressione Cabernet Sauvignon, Atlas Peak Napa Valley 3-Pack $57.99

Ardente 2006 Cabernet Sauvignon, Atlas Peak Napa Valley 3-Pack $57.99

Ardente 2007 Cabernet Sauvignon, Atlas Peak Napa Valley 3-Pack $57.99

Ardente Estate Winery Mixed 6-Pack $114.99
1996 Ardente Espressione Cabernet Sauvignon, Atlas Peak Napa Valley, Grand Reserva 750ml 2-Pack
2006 Ardente Cabernet Sauvignon, Atlas Peak Napa Valley, Grande Reserva 750ml 2-Pack
2007 Ardente Cabernet Sauvignon, Atlas Peak Napa Valley, Grand Reserva 750ml 2-Pack

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

I am almost certainly in for a case of these. The question is just: how do I make up my case?

I think I will also sit on it for a little while to see what else comes up on woot this week.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

rjquillin

fredrinaldi wrote:Contact woot customer service, they will refund your $$ Their very good about that.

One bad '97 so far, promptly replaced. Can't ask for any better than that.

CT

rjquillin

cmaldoon wrote:I am almost certainly in for a case of these. The question is just: how do I make up my case?

I think I will also sit on it for a little while to see what else comes up on woot this week.

I thinking, or at least hoping, there may be a few of these in the wild and we'll some TN's.

The '03 and '04 are current release at Ardente for $45 each.
Library releases for '97, '99 and '02 are $55 each, and you can get a 3-year semi-vertical of '96, '97, '99 for $55 each as well. At $19~21/btl these are looking mighty fine.

CT

fredrinaldi

North316 wrote:So how much of this are you getting?

thank god this is a long offer, I'm not sure I want such a "young" wine, I'm on the fence, but will most likely add a few 97's to my stash.

eluofthenine

quality posts: 7 Private Messages eluofthenine
fredrinaldi wrote:thank god this is a long offer, I'm not sure I want such a "young" wine, I'm on the fence, but will most likely add a few 97's to my stash.

Lol if you find and more 97's, let me know. I would gladly buy some more. After about a half case +, every bottle has been amazing and delicious.

rjquillin

fredrinaldi wrote:thank god this is a long offer, I'm not sure I want such a "young" wine, I'm on the fence, but will most likely add a few 97's to my stash.

Piece o'cake; $55 each from Ardente!

CT

fredrinaldi

rjquillin wrote:Piece o'cake; $55 each from Ardente!

It's amazing how the mind and eyes play tricks on ya, could have sworn they were offering 97's, it's 96's, interesting, anyone have a 96 to talk about?

sphervey

quality posts: 37 Private Messages sphervey
fredrinaldi wrote:It's amazing how the mind and eyes play tricks on ya, could have sworn they were offering 97's, it's 96's, interesting, anyone have a 96 to talk about?

I can't find anything about the 96's. All I could figure out was that this was the first year Ardente produced a cabernet. The winemaker is Philippe Melka - he was with them from 96 to 2000. If you look at the specs for the 96 and 97 they are almost identical (100 percent new French Oak and so on). The later wines are using 60 percent new oak and there are a few other differences. I suspect 97 was a better vintage year but will probably spring for the 96 because I liked the 97 so much and I think Philippe was a gifted winemaker. Actually, I'll probably spring for all three because I am weak . . .

chipgreen

fredrinaldi wrote:It's amazing how the mind and eyes play tricks on ya, could have sworn they were offering 97's, it's 96's, interesting, anyone have a 96 to talk about?

Hmm, I wonder if the same thing happened to whomever posted the specs for this deal, the stats are identical to the '97 right down to the age of the vines. That can't be right.

fredrinaldi

sphervey wrote:I can't find anything about the 96's. All I could figure out was that this was the first year Ardente produced a cabernet. The winemaker is Philippe Melka - he was with them from 96 to 2000. If you look at the specs for the 96 and 97 they are almost identical (100 percent new French Oak and so on). The later wines are using 60 percent new oak and there are a few other differences. I suspect 97 was a better vintage year but will probably spring for the 96 because I liked the 97 so much and I think Philippe was a gifted winemaker. Actually, I'll probably spring for all three because I am weak . . .

Good info, thanks

fredrinaldi

chipgreen wrote:Hmm, I wonder if the same thing happened to whomever posted the specs for this deal, the stats are identical to the '97 right down to the age of the vines. That can't be right.

ah age of vines the same, humm????

chipgreen

fredrinaldi wrote:ah age of vines the same, humm????

All info is the same including harvest dates, pH, etc. but I thought the vine age was the most telling. Checked the Ardente website but they don't have any specific info about the wines. My guess is that the stats we have are correct for the '97 that has been offered several times previously and that we do not have legitimate stats for the '96.

jsp872

quality posts: 22 Private Messages jsp872

just looking at these vintages and not having any tasting notes, i would think the '07 be the safest bet

'07 is considered to be one of the best years for Napa Valley EVER!

kind of hard to screw up with good fruit

sphervey

quality posts: 37 Private Messages sphervey
chipgreen wrote:All info is the same including harvest dates, pH, etc. but I thought the vine age was the most telling. Checked the Ardente website but they don't have any specific info about the wines. My guess is that the stats we have are correct for the '97 that has been offered several times previously and that we do not have legitimate stats for the '96.

Wondered the same thing. Perhaps the Winery or WineDavid could clarify???

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

sphervey wrote:Wondered the same thing. Perhaps the Winery or WineDavid could clarify???

I'm contacting WD to see what I can find out.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Winedavid39

quality posts: 198 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

ThunderThighs wrote:I'm contacting WD to see what I can find out.

Evening. Checking on this.

Stay tuned.

klezman

quality posts: 119 Private Messages klezman

Had a bottle of the 1997 last night with rib steaks on the grill, corn on the cob, and Caprese. It was all delicious, and the wine has tons of life left in it. Should last a long time to come.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan
Winedavid39 wrote:Evening. Checking on this.

Stay tuned.

Any new info? Apparently I have not had Fred over for dinner as I still have a couple of bottles of 97 left from the last shipment. I would like to add some 96 (if such a thing exist) to my order with the 07.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

goaljnky

quality posts: 1 Private Messages goaljnky

I'd be all over the '97 if it comes up again. I was kicking myself for not buying more as I was enjoying the last bottle.

Wine Whore
Cellar Tracker

bobrush12866

quality posts: 8 Private Messages bobrush12866

In for a set of the 1996. Guessing this will be the first to sell out. Hope it is as good as the others.

rjquillin

Winedavid39 wrote:Evening. Checking on this.

Stay tuned.

WD, we at least need ~some info~ here to compare/contrast to what we've had from you before.
Blind Faith is one thing, but whine we will wanting woots.

I want this, I really do, but the tax man wants my funds even more, and I too am paying over 18%, way over. Can I claim you?

CT

andreaserben

quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben

I think it would be nice, if winedavid could encourage the winery to participate in the community at this time
They were very quiet recently. Since these seem to be not offered previously, some winery participation would be appropriate.

tdedek

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdedek
andreaserben wrote:I think it would be nice, if winedavid could encourage the winery to participate in the community at this time
They were very quiet recently. Since these seem to be not offered previously, some winery participation would be appropriate.

It would be nice to have Ardente here. I don't remember seeing them around the forums since the initial offer on 10/8/12. I too would like more information on the 1996 before pulling the trigger, I am very interested. Same winemaker as the 97 and what are the proper specs??

chipgreen

rjquillin wrote:WD, we at least need ~some info~ here to compare/contrast to what we've had from you before.
Blind Faith is one thing, but whine we will wanting woots.

I want this, I really do, but the tax man wants my funds even more, and I too am paying over 18%, way over. Can I claim you?

Maybe if you bought a wine locker in the Cayman Islands and had your wine shipped there....

rjquillin

chipgreen wrote:Maybe if you bought a wine locker in the Cayman Islands and had your wine shipped there....

Taking this to Poli"ticks"

We ever going to see those 'corrected' numbers for the '96?
And some TN's?

Still likely to end up with a bit of everything.

CT

SmilingBoognish

quality posts: 46 Private Messages SmilingBoognish
eluofthenine wrote:I would go in for the 07, but I'm skeptical on what to expect... It seems like even the 02 could've benefited from a little more time, so it's possible that these babies need a lot more bottle time. (Although, my opinion of the 02 could be coming from the expectations built by drinking the 97 first, when they are just two different wines and 5 years apart.)

In general, Atlas Peak cabernet is heavy on the tannins, and does well with a lot of bottle age.