Three Wine Men 2009 Chardonnay 6-Pack
$54.99 $̶9̶2̶.̶0̶0̶ 40% off List Price
2009 Three Wine Men Chardonnay, California
CT link above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

donnysebas

quality posts: 14 Private Messages donnysebas

Good evening Wooters. I am available to discuss my wine for the next hour if you have any questions...

donnysebas

I see the tasting notes refer to - well a bunch of stuff - but the stuff I agree with is the creme brulee aroma and the spiced pear on the tongue. Good way to describe it.

It is a bit of an unusual chardonnay - we wouldnt have it any other way.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

donnysebas wrote:Good evening Wooters. I am available to discuss my wine for the next hour if you have any questions...

Welcome. Looks like we're a bit dead here. Sorry about that. I hope you can check back in later in the morning when people crawl out of bed. Lucky dogs.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

donnysebas

ThunderThighs wrote:Welcome. Looks like we're a bit dead here. Sorry about that. I hope you can check back in later in the morning when people crawl out of bed. Lucky dogs.

Up late celebrating a Giants come back victory and the Warriors clinching a playoff spot! I'd say I am toasting with 3WM chardonnay, but it is 10:50 pm on a Tuesday and that would be a lie...

divadrabnud

quality posts: 8 Private Messages divadrabnud
donnysebas wrote:Up late celebrating a Giants come back victory and the Warriors clinching a playoff spot! I'd say I am toasting with 3WM chardonnay, but it is 10:50 pm on a Tuesday and that would be a lie...

Yeah! How 'bout that two-fer. I'm in on shared yahoo alone!

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics."
- Mark Twain

cnwinton

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cnwinton

Sebastiani is quite a good label. The three wine men are three generations of Sebastiani's, who claim to concoct stuff under this label for their own consumption. I assume Woot is simply a good way to sell off the excess production. If this is as good as the Merlot they offered through Woot a few weeks back it is a bargain. That deal was for a case. I only wish I had bought more than one.

jackiecanev2

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jackiecanev2

Whats the percentage of oak barrel/time on these? And just how much does that "creme brûlée" translate into the oaky, buttery MLF-chard some of us love (and hate)?

ksieczka

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ksieczka

It's obvious by the drinkability of the recent Merlot--my case is quickly disappearing, the 3 Wine Men make some good, everyday drinkers.

I'm in for one...

confusedemmy

quality posts: 21 Private Messages confusedemmy

I'm going to chime in and repeat that the Merlot was an excellent purchase, only got one and wish I'd got more.

Not a big California Chardonnay fan... but it sounds like this has some decent acidity and only moderate oak. And the blend sounds good, too.

I really miss the days of lab rattage, though... I yearn for some tasting notes on this. Still in for 2, but I can whine, can't I?

esteinwachs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages esteinwachs

I am in for two. I like the Sab. Zin so I will give it a try.

avontron

quality posts: 1 Private Messages avontron

I was going to be in for two, but it seems that shipping policy to Nevada has changed since yesterday when I got my most recent case of wine from woot... I'm very bummed out.

wineyum

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wineyum
avontron wrote:I was going to be in for two, but it seems that shipping policy to Nevada has changed since yesterday when I got my most recent case of wine from woot... I'm very bummed out.

The shipping policy is winery specific- that is why it can change from day to day. It just means this winery doesn't have a license to sell in Nevada.

avontron

wineyum wrote:The shipping policy is winery specific- that is why it can change from day to day. It just means this winery doesn't have a license to sell in Nevada.

I actually checked the winery's web site and they ship to my state. Seems like there must be some mistake.

Link to winery shipping states: http://marketplace.donandsons.com/Marketplace

donnysebas

jackiecanev2 wrote:Whats the percentage of oak barrel/time on these? And just how much does that "creme brûlée" translate into the oaky, buttery MLF-chard some of us love (and hate)?

It's pretty oaky and creme-y but it also dry. So you wont get too much of the vanilla and sweet notes on the palate.

It has a bit of bottle age so that mellows some of the oak influence, but it is pretty strong.

donnysebas

confusedemmy wrote:I'm going to chime in and repeat that the Merlot was an excellent purchase, only got one and wish I'd got more.

Not a big California Chardonnay fan... but it sounds like this has some decent acidity and only moderate oak. And the blend sounds good, too.

I really miss the days of lab rattage, though... I yearn for some tasting notes on this. Still in for 2, but I can whine, can't I?

Thanks for the nice words on the merlot. As I said earlier, this is a unique wine. It does have a big French oak aromatic, but its bottle age has mellowed the wine. It is a bit leaner than most of the oaky/buttery stereotype.

Sorry I cant speak about the Rattage. Havent gotten a formal invite.

donnysebas

ksieczka wrote:It's obvious by the drinkability of the recent Merlot--my case is quickly disappearing, the 3 Wine Men make some good, everyday drinkers.

I'm in for one...

Our philosphy is to inspire memorable everyday experiences. Hope the merlot did that. I think the chardonnay will too.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus
donnysebas wrote:It's pretty oaky and creme-y but it also dry. So you wont get too much of the vanilla and sweet notes on the palate.

It has a bit of bottle age so that mellows some of the oak influence, but it is pretty strong.

This sounds right up my alley, but I'm not supposed to be buying so I must pass. Thanks for jumping in with us again!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

wineyum

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wineyum
avontron wrote:I actually checked the winery's web site and they ship to my state. Seems like there must be some mistake.

Link to winery shipping states: http://marketplace.donandsons.com/Marketplace

The listing page says they ship to Nevada- are you running into a problem when you order? If yes, you might want to contact Woot.

avontron

wineyum wrote:The listing page says they ship to Nevada- are you running into a problem when you order? If yes, you might want to contact Woot.

I have contacted woot support. Waiting for a response.

When I try to buy this offer it says that they can't ship to my state. But woot's own shipping info, and the winery's site both say that they can ship to Nevada. The purchase interface just doesn't let me buy it. I'm pretty confused. Hopefully I'll get a support response before I can no longer purchase this wine.

deecue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deecue
kylemittskus wrote:This sounds right up my alley, but I'm not supposed to be buying so I must pass. Thanks for jumping in with us again!

me too, sounds perfect..
i really shouldn't be buying though..

but man, at $11 a pop, this seems like a steal.. i really wish there were some notes or reviews of this to see if it's worth angering my fiance with another box of wine showing up at our front door.. ;)

ThunderThighs

Staff

avontron wrote:I have contacted woot support. Waiting for a response.

When I try to buy this offer it says that they can't ship to my state. But woot's own shipping info, and the winery's site both say that they can ship to Nevada. The purchase interface just doesn't let me buy it. I'm pretty confused. Hopefully I'll get a support response before I can no longer purchase this wine.

Give it a try now. It should be fixed. Sorry for the problems.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

CapnJB

quality posts: 15 Private Messages CapnJB

Heh... it's interesting that Three Wine Men is being offered on the same day that the wine.woot miracle occured in my kitchen.

It's a sign!

Winedavid39

quality posts: 200 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

avontron wrote:I have contacted woot support. Waiting for a response.

Nevada is a go. Sorry for the confusion. you should be good to go.

Winedavid39

quality posts: 200 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

CapnJB wrote:Heh... it's interesting that Three Wine Men is being offered on the same day that the wine.woot miracle occured in my kitchen.

It's a sign!

Man, that is so cool!

avontron

Winedavid39 wrote:Nevada is a go. Sorry for the confusion. you should be good to go.

When I try to check out I still get this: "Sorry, we can't ship the Three Wine Men Chardonnay (6) offer to that state."

I've triple checked my personal info and payment info...

I even tried to order a woot plus wine just now and got "Sorry, we can't ship the Hunt Country Mixed (3) offer to that state."

Geniekid

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Geniekid
CapnJB wrote:Heh... it's interesting that Three Wine Men is being offered on the same day that the wine.woot miracle occured in my kitchen.

It's a sign!

That is amazing. But also slightly gross.

avontron

I'm starting to think my wife has hacked woot's web site to prevent me from buying any more wine :D

kylemittskus

Geniekid wrote:That is amazing. But also slightly gross.

Not gross. Sediment is perfectly normal in unfiltered/unfined wines and also in older wines.

ThunderThighs

Staff

avontron wrote:I'm starting to think my wife has hacked woot's web site to prevent me from buying any more wine :D

I'm checking. Your shipping address is in NV, right?

FORUM MODERATOR

avontron

ThunderThighs wrote:I'm checking. Your shipping address is in NV, right?

Yup. Las Vegas Nevada.

ThunderThighs

Staff

avontron wrote:Yup. Las Vegas Nevada.

Which Hunt wine did you try? I'm about to escalate so more info the better. CS didn't see any problems when looking at things from their end.

UPDATE: Try again. Save is a wonderful thing. Also, NV is excluded for Hunt.

FORUM MODERATOR

avontron

ThunderThighs wrote:Which Hunt wine did you try? I'm about to escalate so more info the better. CS didn't see any problems when looking at things from their end.

UPDATE: Try again. Save is a wonderful thing. Also, NV is excluded for Hunt.

Wonderful! Just placed my order. Glad this was resolved. Thank you very much for getting this fixed Thurnder.

ThunderThighs

Staff

avontron wrote:Wonderful! Just placed my order. Glad this was resolved. Thank you very much for getting this fixed Thurnder.

FORUM MODERATOR

MarkyMayhem

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MarkyMayhem
donnysebas wrote:Good evening Wooters. I am available to discuss my wine for the next hour if you have any questions...

I want to ask a question, but I am not a wine connoseur ... what should I ask?

kylemittskus

MarkyMayhem wrote:I want to ask a question, but I am not a wine connoseur ... what should I ask?

Anything you're curious about with regard to wine or this specific wine.

cortot20

quality posts: 142 Private Messages cortot20
MarkyMayhem wrote:I want to ask a question, but I am not a wine connoseur ... what should I ask?

You should ask the following questions in this order.
1. Do these work on a Mac?
2. Is the wine kosher?
3. What is your favorite color?

CT

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
cortot20 wrote:You should ask the following questions in this order.
1. Do these work on a Mac?
2. Is the wine kosher?
3. What is your favorite color?

Is that how you got to be better than everybody else...

Did any of the group grab a woot?
I'd kinda like to try a bottle if one is available.

CT

cortot20

quality posts: 142 Private Messages cortot20
rjquillin wrote:Is that how you got to be better than everybody else...

Did any of the group grab a woot?
I'd kinda like to try a bottle if one is available.

Nope..... Just straight smart assery!

CT