MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
tenuki wrote:Meant to respond but kept putting it off.

The new buffet at Caesers, Bacchanal, was really good. If there's a huge line the wait's over an hour, but you can pay like an extra $15 or so in vip line and jump ahead.

Walking around the strip you'll pretty much just eat where you are but my friends and I have pretty much settled into these when we're just looking for a moderate bite: no name pizza kitchen in cosmo, stripburger outside fashion show mall, carnegie deli in mirage, earl of sandwich in ph.

Offstrip: Firefly's been mentioned by others, since you're there all week, don't pick a weekend unless you want to people watch since it's packed, bocce burger is an interesting and delicious take with japanese burgers, in n out if you're one of the fans, ichiza is open until like 3, hash house for huge breakfast/brunch (still prefer sahara location).

edit: oh, and looking at yahoo list, haven't been to any but Raku and it was pretty good. We mostly had robata though.

Ditto on the Sahara Ave. location, but the one at M is nice. Just way the heck out of Vegas.

Edit: Sparky, MD!!!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

zTimothyBz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz
cheron98 wrote:Last I heard, we were sticking to NorCal in the days between the wedding and the wootception. Something about redwoods. HAK is in charge of those plans.

Well, you know you're welcome in So Cal. Maybe we could finally do that Corison vertical?

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

rjquillin

quality posts: 171 Private Messages rjquillin

Browsing phys.org this morning there was a piece that caught my eye on Windows 8 and reminded me of a topic a few weeks ago in the pub.
Briefly,
PC sales plunge as Windows 8 flops (Update 2)
Two somber new reports show unprecedented declines in desktop and laptop sales during the first three months of the year—signs that the personal computer market may never fully recover from a new generation of mobile devices. And it appears that a makeover of Microsoft's Windows operating system seems to have done more harm than good since the software was released in October.

full article

North316 wrote:Question for all of the tech-o-philes around here.

My firm sells cycled out laptops (new laptops for everyone on a 3-year cycle) to employees for $20. I am getting one. They are all Lenovo T-Series laptops and are whiped clean, no operating system, or anything. Just hardware for $20. For those in the know of Lenovo, I don't know what they will be giving me, but I expect it to be either a T60, T61 or T500 series laptop. I will probably just pick up a copy og Windows 8 to load on it, which currently looks to me selling for about $100. Are there any other, better, cheaper options out there, other than Linux? I'm just looking for basic functionality for home use, internet browsing, etc. I have access to microsoft office installs for $10, so will eventually like to do that.
rjquillin wrote:lacking the touch screen interface W8 seems to be optimized for, and not particularly liking change for change or marketing sake, I'd likely go with W7. Some consideration should be given to your available RAM.
bhodilee wrote:I love the 8 interface, but its way way better with touch.

But does it work on a mac...?

CT

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
zTimothyBz wrote:Well, you know you're welcome in So Cal. Maybe we could finally do that Corison vertical?

You bastard

You cold bring it to the wootception....

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

MarkDaSpark

cheron98 wrote:You bastard

You cold bring it to the wootception....

No, no ... you need to persuade HaK that you need to go to Disneyland. With a stop for a Corison tasting!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1

trying to figure out how I can pull off attending the wootception..... Hubby is taking son to Vancouver for some computer thing on that same day! Even though he told me no unsupervised visits with my woot friends...... I am trying to convince him that I will behave....

rjquillin

quality posts: 171 Private Messages rjquillin
mommadeb1 wrote:trying to figure out how I can pull off attending the wootception..... Hubby is taking son to Vancouver for some computer thing on that same day! Even though he told me no unsupervised visits with my woot friends...... I am trying to convince him that I will behave....

So this means no meeting strangers in hotel hallways, or he takes your plastic away?

CT

mommadeb1

rjquillin wrote:So this means no meeting strangers in hotel hallways, or he takes your plastic away?

ha ha ha I think he means not buying everything I want...... or running wild thru the wineries

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
MarkDaSpark wrote:No, no ... you need to persuade HaK that you need to go to Disneyland. With a stop for a Corison tasting!

He would go. I'm the one insisting that I don't want to go to Disney on the honeymoon. Too much crazy.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

Just picked up the one and only bottle of Corison Kronos 2004 from the local total wine for $63 :-)

Of course that place is DANGEROUS so I also walked out with:

All 2009s
Terra Valentine estate cab
White cottage estate cab
BV Tapestry
Chateau St. Jean Cinq Cepages
Sequoia Grove cab

All 5 wines that I have wanted to try but never have had the chance.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

mommadeb1

cmaldoon wrote:Just picked up the one and only bottle of Corison Kronos 2004 from the local total wine for $63 :-)

Of course that place is DANGEROUS so I also walked out with:

All 2009s
Terra Valentine estate cab
White cottage estate cab
BV Tapestry
Chateau St. Jean Cinq Cepages
Sequoia Grove cab

All 5 wines that I have wanted to try but never have had the chance.

I agree, that store is DANGEROUS.... I always walk out with more than I should!!!

cjsiege

quality posts: 13 Private Messages cjsiege
North316 wrote:Woot needs to do it for the Woot Cellars labels like I was promised was in process well over a year ago.

Get in line, dearest! It took about 3 years to get the Gatherings tab...

klezman

quality posts: 122 Private Messages klezman
cmaldoon wrote:Just picked up the one and only bottle of Corison Kronos 2004 from the local total wine for $63 :-)

When did they open up a Total Wine in your neck of the woods?

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

mommadeb1

I HATE migraines!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MarkDaSpark

klezman wrote:When did they open up a Total Wine in your neck of the woods?

After you moved down here to SoCal!

I think he went to the Folsom, Roseville, or Sacramento store. Unless he's down here visiting. In which case we need to Tar & Feather him for not letting us know!