otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

I wuv when I get the top o' the page.

Edit: Sparkly doc!

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42

Got my Basket of Cairn Terrier in the mail today. It was a tall, wide, thin box...about the shape of a flat panel tv.

Only it was too light. Ended up being a Extending Pet Gate. Better than the average Basket of Cairn Terrier with a $60 item in it....but not exactly useful for me since it wouldn't exactly work for cats.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Itwdswafo
MarkDaSpark wrote:Ssshhhh!! And you need to give us available dates for the next SoCal Gathering!!

I'll be in CA in July! *hint*hint*

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
Itwdswafo wrote:I'll be in CA in July! *hint*hint*

Where in CA?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

Itwdswafo

kylemittskus wrote:Where in CA?

OC/IE/LA areas. I have a wine locker same place as Sparky though.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
Itwdswafo wrote:OC/IE/LA areas. I have a wine locker same place as Sparky though.

And when?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

Itwdswafo

kylemittskus wrote:And when?

Probably flying in 7/4 and leaving 7/28.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ddeuddeg
MarkDaSpark wrote:Thinking about it, it seems every male wineaux married here, married way up ...

WineFarm > WineDavid
Bahwm > ddeuddeg
MichelleShari > Joel
CoffeeMate > JavaDrinker
Yourwife > Kyle
etc.

Even Cat > HaK

Must be our wine cellars?

Thanks for pointing that out, ol' buddy. No argument here.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ddeuddeg
cmaldoon wrote:There is a fantastic Tapas place called firefly About a mile off the strip

Truly fantastic.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
ddeuddeg wrote:Truly fantastic.

The best part is that it is a pretty good value too, considering what you get

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 174 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
Itwdswafo wrote:I'll be in CA in July! *hint*hint*

Well, obviously that calls for a gathering then at our Wine Lockers!!!

I'll create a thread tomorrow for it.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

ddeuddeg wrote:Thanks for pointing that out, ol' buddy. No argument here.

Don't mention it. No, really don't mention it!!!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin
MarkDaSpark wrote:Well, obviously that calls for a gathering then at our Wine Lockers!!!

But there's no place to crash there/

CT

zTimothyBz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz
MarkDaSpark wrote:Ssshhhh!! And you need to give us available dates for the next SoCal Gathering!!

There's my post (almost a week ago) in the thread in the gatherings forum. What more do you want?

rjquillin wrote:But there's no place to crash there/

We'd have to close up at the lockers by 7pm. After-party at my house?

The burning question, though, is when is the Hak-Cat coming to town?

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

klezman

quality posts: 119 Private Messages klezman
zTimothyBz wrote:We'd have to close up at the lockers by 7pm. After-party at my house?

The burning question, though, is when is the Hak-Cat coming to town?

Maybe we can convince them to stop by in late August? I can offer molarchae's and my futon...

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

MarkDaSpark

klezman wrote:Maybe we can convince them to stop by in late August? I can offer molarchae's and my futon...

Seems like late August is their West Coast reception at Twisted Oak. Not sure if they will have the time to drop in down here as well.

But you never know.

MarkDaSpark

Doesn't it seem like Home.Woot is stealing our good stuff (see Caramels now) and leaving us Yellow Brick Road?

I mean, a collapsible carrier? That belongs on Home!!!

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
MarkDaSpark wrote:Doesn't it seem like Home.Woot is stealing our good stuff (see Caramels now) and leaving us Yellow Brick Road?

agreed!!

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
MarkDaSpark wrote:Doesn't it seem like Home.Woot is stealing our good stuff (see Caramels now) and leaving us Yellow Brick Road?

I was going to ask the same thing, but curse more.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

cortot20

quality posts: 132 Private Messages cortot20

I'll take care of that.

CT

bhodilee

last two company wide emails:

1)This is a heads up that for the next five minutes I’ll be printing on blue paper on the Konica. If you print something during that timeframe, prepare to sing the blues. And not some great Wynton Marsalis type blues but some really crappy, American Idol type blues.

2)We now return you to your regularly scheduled printing. In the immortal words of the late, great, George Carlin

“I'll tell you a little secret about the Blues: it's not enough to know which notes to play, you have to know why they need to be played.”

I’d have linked to the youtube clip for this, but A) it’s work time and I’d never do something like that during work hours. B) saying that it is NSFW (not safe for work for you lames) is an understatement. C) I’m lazy, but if you want to watch it, a simple youtube search for George Carlin white people will do the trick. During your federally permitted 15 minute morning break of course, using your cell phone so as not to misappropriate company internet. Do I really need to spell all of this out for you?

And I wonder why my coworkers give me a wide berth.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

bhodilee

You can now watch Time Warner Cable live through your Roku. Um, why? I suppose if you take the Roku with you that's a nice feature, but if you're at home, wouldn't you have a cable box that does this? Of course, a hundred dollar Roku versus the rental of a box may average out and be a benefit over time I guess. Point is, I'm not sure this is a huge benefit or not.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

bhodilee wrote:You can now watch Time Warner Cable live through your Roku. Um, why? I suppose if you take the Roku with you that's a nice feature, but if you're at home, wouldn't you have a cable box that does this? Of course, a hundred dollar Roku versus the rental of a box may average out and be a benefit over time I guess. Point is, I'm not sure this is a huge benefit or not.

TWC has pissed me off and I'm usually pretty happy with them. They changed their channel line-up and dropped the HD channels from basic cable. So if you hook the cable directly to your HD TV, you don't get the 11.1, 11.2 channels any more. You HAVE to rent a digital set-top box from them.

I'm just moving my TVs to air HD antennas. Got one done so far. I might keep cable in the media room for the projector. Haven't decided yet.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

klezman

quality posts: 119 Private Messages klezman
MarkDaSpark wrote:Seems like late August is their West Coast reception at Twisted Oak. No sure if they will have the time to drop in down here as well.

But you never know.

Yeah, I know, but I also figured that's when they'll actually be on this side of the country.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1

It was 88 degrees yesterday and today!!! We had wicked thunderstorms last night!! Ended up being called into work at the absolute last min..Crazy day!!!

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

We had 35, snow, thunder AND lightning this morning!

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

bahwm

quality posts: 26 Private Messages bahwm
ddeuddeg wrote:Thanks for pointing that out, ol' buddy. No argument here.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm

quality posts: 26 Private Messages bahwm
klezman wrote:Yeah, I know, but I also figured that's when they'll actually be on this side of the country.

Ya think?

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

UBlink

quality posts: 18 Private Messages UBlink

Those of you who have had the pleasure of meeting the lovely Mrs. Blink know I'm also a member of this exclusive club.

MarkDaSpark wrote:Thinking about it, it seems every male wineaux married here, married way up ...

WineFarm > WineDavid
Bahwm > ddeuddeg
MichelleShari > Joel
CoffeeMate > JavaDrinker
Yourwife > Kyle
etc.

Even Cat > HaK

Must be our wine cellars?

Following the eight word profile, political economy in eight words:
Ain't no free lunch - them what has gets.

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
MarkDaSpark wrote:Seems like late August is their West Coast reception at Twisted Oak. Not sure if they will have the time to drop in down here as well.

But you never know.

Last I heard, we were sticking to NorCal in the days between the wedding and the wootception. Something about redwoods. HAK is in charge of those plans.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
UBlink wrote:Those of you who have had the pleasure of meeting the lovely Mrs. Blink know I'm also a member of this exclusive club.

Real exclusive....seems like everyone's in it.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

MarkDaSpark

otolith wrote:We had 35, snow, thunder AND lightning this morning!

Well, we had 70°F, sun AND wind gusts up to 19 mph!!!

MarkDaSpark

HitAnyKey42 wrote:Real exclusive....seems like everyone's in it.

Not everyone.

But at least we had a Ublink sighting!!

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Real exclusive....seems like everyone's in it.

Not me. I can't even get in that club.

OK, wipe the coffee off the monitor. I can't even type that with a straight face.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom

Did anyone else notice that framed Cycles Gladiator poster over on Home's Plus sale today?

chipgreen

quality posts: 179 Private Messages chipgreen
InFrom wrote:Did anyone else notice that framed Cycles Gladiator poster over on Home's Plus sale today?

They need to do that for Raised by Wolves.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
chipgreen wrote:They need to do that for Raised by Wolves.

Woot needs to do it for the Woot Cellars labels like I was promised was in process well over a year ago.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

chipgreen

quality posts: 179 Private Messages chipgreen
North316 wrote:Woot needs to do it for the Woot Cellars labels like I was promised was in process well over a year ago.

That too...

Hey, just saw an article on Yahoo about the "Top 10 Las Vegas Restaurants". While I would personally only be interested in 2 or 3 that they mention, it's worth looking at the comments section for more realistic and affordable ideas, like a place called Ellis Island where you can supposedly get a steak, baked potato, salad and a beer for $5.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
chipgreen wrote:That too...

Hey, just saw an article on Yahoo about the "Top 10 Las Vegas Restaurants". While I would personally only be interested in 2 or 3 that they mention, it's worth looking at the comments section for more realistic and affordable ideas, like a place called Ellis Island where you can supposedly get a steak, baked potato, salad and a beer for $5.

Yeah, Yahoo's "Top 10's" are more about who paid them this week, than they are about any factual knowledge.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
North316 wrote:Yeah, Yahoo's "Top 10's" are more about who paid them this week, than they are about any factual knowledge.

Meant to respond but kept putting it off.

The new buffet at Caesers, Bacchanal, was really good. If there's a huge line the wait's over an hour, but you can pay like an extra $15 or so in vip line and jump ahead.

Walking around the strip you'll pretty much just eat where you are but my friends and I have pretty much settled into these when we're just looking for a moderate bite: no name pizza kitchen in cosmo, stripburger outside fashion show mall, carnegie deli in mirage, earl of sandwich in ph.

Offstrip: Firefly's been mentioned by others, since you're there all week, don't pick a weekend unless you want to people watch since it's packed, bocce burger is an interesting and delicious take with japanese burgers, in n out if you're one of the fans, ichiza is open until like 3, hash house for huge breakfast/brunch (still prefer sahara location).

edit: oh, and looking at yahoo list, haven't been to any but Raku and it was pretty good. We mostly had robata though.

CT